Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Acoustics - TV5 Monde (2008-05-31) (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3783)

NoHandleBars 06-02-2008 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- (Post 104312)
Did someone recorded the show?

Page 8!.....................

Zack -Alizee Lover- 06-02-2008 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHandleBars (Post 104327)
Page 8!.....................

Doh!
Merci..

I like the new JEAM version...

Roman 06-02-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBarrett (Post 104202)
Oh that lucky bastard. :p

Hell yeah! Operating the sound effects/part of the music for Alizée during performances and going on tv shows and concerts with her ... how much better could it get?
- message from Alizée = :D

Yaceman 06-02-2008 04:36 AM

the new version definitly puts a different picture into my head. Its good and all, but no "Bum, bu du bum bum" is a little sad. And what is she wearing? It looks like a liqourice gumdrop dress :P

C-4 06-02-2008 10:17 AM

After viewing the show from here one time, I feel that Alizée was singing live for the most part with certain parts added for harmonies and possibly some added to double her voice to strengthen the performance. This is a typical thing good sound reinforcement people will do in a live performance today, seeing as they have the gear to pull this off live.

As with most modern day performances, some computer enhancement is used, but I thought the mix was live and executed beautifully.

Yes, the guitar parts were a little hot in the mix, but I think the DJ was actually adding some parts as well. I could hear the scratching he was doing, and different parts coming in and out of the mix as he worked. I heard it more as a low filling feel then a rythmn or lead sounding instrument, but it was definitely there.

As for the keys not being as present as they used to be in the first two albums, they had very fine players and several keyboards going at once, and a far larger group behind Alizée for the first concert, due to the producers. This latest TV performance was a more bare-bones type of performance, much as would be done by the Eagles or other groups in their earlier years, before they started adding extra players for the live versions.

The parts were well rehearsed and did work well in the orchestration of the song, yet left the necessary holes where they should be, so as not to sound cluttered and over-produced.

In any event, it was a wonderful half hour and very well done by Alizée and her back-up band. I don't think much of an improvement could have been made in the performances as they did not sound lacking, or weak.

If I were to add anything to the band, it would be a seasoned keyboard player first, but Alizée owes no one any excuses for the way she performed her songs or the sound the band produced. They were wonderful and it was absolutely great to see her do them in a close-up setting where everything felt so personal and intimate.

If I would change anything, it would be to have the backing musicians dress a bit nicer, but that does not affect the performance at all.

Roman 06-02-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-4 (Post 104347)
If I would change anything, it would be to have the backing musicians dress a bit nicer, but that does not affect the performance at all.

Of course, they way they were dressed was chosen very deliberately, at least Karve with the hamburger shirt. It's supposed to reflect some kind of young '80s culture or something.

tbailey 06-02-2008 06:39 PM

i liked her performance
she seemed much more confident than compared to Moscow
maybe b/c she was back in France :D

i would change the dress though
again with the baggy dresses - wear something tight
show off what god gave you :D

heyamigo 06-02-2008 06:42 PM

yea i agree with bailey, i hate that outfit she's wearing. not very flattering even on alizee.

WindReaver 06-02-2008 06:48 PM

Maybe she got stretch marks from her pregnancy and doesn't want to show them, so no more outfits that show her stomach?
*shrug*

Tchaikovsky 06-02-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindReaver (Post 104380)
Maybe she got stretch marks from her pregnancy

I shudder at the very thought!