Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Newest Alizée Pictures: Q1 2008 (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4017)

Lindgren 01-15-2008 07:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3vD...eature=related at 3.53 - 3.54 if someone could make that to a picture and post it :D? i would love it :) thanks!.

Just a Guest 01-15-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindgren (Post 87748)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3vD...eature=related at 3.53 - 3.54 if someone could make that to a picture and post it :D? i would love it :) thanks!.

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...?t=3217&page=4

Jess 01-15-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -MihaiL- (Post 87745)
Great pics, Thank you. :)
To me Alizee doesn't look mature as other girls her age. I mean I've seen around me a lot of girls at 16 that looked older, and they were mentally mature as well, you could say it by their behaviour.
Alizee on the other hand is a baby face, one moment you look at her and see a sweet adolescente in there, other moments she is more mature. It's the innocent touch and purity that she genuinely possesses and it's what got me glued to Alizee at first sight, then it merged into her musical talents and personality charm that got me overkilled and today I'm still charmed, totally! And just look at her name- Alizée, sexy and respectful all at once.
Very lovely girl to walk on this earth and I respect and love her for all she is. :wub:

Exactly !! The point is that some people want her to be more mature no matter what, to be able to say that she's no longer a lolita, so much so that they'll see & say whatever... Even though she still looks the same, and maybe even younger with her outfits. ;) I wish she did look more mature, but I'll conform myself knowing that she is more mature. :D

Rocket 01-15-2008 08:36 PM

I still say you can tell a difference.

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2...de60e9b6b9bf3a

Deepwaters 01-15-2008 08:44 PM

"Mature" does not mean "not innocent." (It does mean "not ignorant," but that's not the same thing.)

"Mature" does not mean "old," either. Although hopefully by the time one is old, one is mature.

Nor (and this was Alizée's own misunderstanding) does "mature" mean "unable to enjoy child-like pleasure."

Mature means strong, responsible, confident, grown-up, self-aware. Alizée looks more mature in her new pictures because her facial expressions and behavior convey all of these things. The change has been more mental than physical, of course; physically the difference between 18 and 23 is minimal, and she's recovered completely from having her baby. But the experiences of the last few years, from motherhood to managing the production of her own album, have strengthened her and given her confidence that she didn't quite have before. This INNER difference shines through. It's not an OUTER difference.

Jess 01-15-2008 08:45 PM

Well, if you go by the face yes, unfortunate like some one else explained already, you lose certain skin tone or softness (baby fat) with time. However, she's a petit cute girl that will always look the same for years to come, until she is of more age and her body starts to decayed, or of course she has few more kids and doesn't look after for herself... ;)

Jess 01-15-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepwaters (Post 87765)
"Mature" does not mean "not innocent." (It does mean "not ignorant," but that's not the same thing.)

"Mature" does not mean "old," either. Although hopefully by the time one is old, one is mature.

Nor (and this was Alizée's own misunderstanding) does "mature" mean "unable to enjoy child-like pleasure."

Mature means strong, responsible, confident, grown-up, self-aware. Alizée looks more mature in her new pictures because her facial expressions and behavior convey all of these things. The change has been more mental than physical, of course; physically the difference between 18 and 23 is minimal, and she's recovered completely from having her baby. But the experiences of the last few years, from motherhood to managing the production of her own album, have strengthened her and given her confidence that she didn't quite have before. This INNER difference shines through. It's not an OUTER difference.

I disagree with your analogy Deep, in some cases you're actually more confident when your more ignorant to the threat or fear of failure for example. I remember when I was younger which was not to long ago, and I was fearless. Now that I'm aware of the consequences of certain actions I'm not so fearless, I take precautions. Further more, I always saw Lili with great confidence then, unlike the look of fear in her eyes when she started this again. It's now that she's starting to become more confident. Remember back then she only had to worry about her own performance, now she's got more on her plate... I agree with the first part, which is why I don't understand why you're saying that Lili was not mature then, in my eyes she's always been more mature for her age. She's more mature now no question about that, due to her age (time wise) and her assuming more responsibilities, like motherhood for example. However, all that said. She does not look more mature. The way she's dressing does not help her look more mature at all, her hair, and so on and so forth. ;) I didn't want to say this, but she also lost weight around her derrier and thighs. So physically she doesn't look more mature. If you want more proof, I've actually done some tests with people that don't know her. Do you want to know the results ?

heyamigo 01-15-2008 09:26 PM

Newest Alizée Pictures: Q1 2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toc De Mac (Post 87710)

amazing... just amazing... :wub::wub::wub: merci...

Deepwaters 01-16-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess (Post 87776)
which is why I don't understand why you're saying that Lili was not mature then, in my eyes she's always been more mature for her age.

I agree, but the qualifier is important. An 18-year-old girl who's mature for her age is still very young. Let's just say that at 18 she wasn't a mess, which is pretty good for 18. :D

Quote:

However, all that said. She does not look more mature. The way she's dressing does not help her look more mature at all, her hair, and so on and so forth. ;)
I don't see anything wrong with either her clothes or her hairstyle. What are you talking about? Can you be more specific? Maybe it's just a difference in taste.

Quote:

I didn't want to say this, but she also lost weight around her derrier and thighs. So physically she doesn't look more mature.
LOL OK, we're using different definitions here. Actually, though, I can't see that much if any she's thinner now than she was in 2003. Thinner than when she was pregnant, sure.

But I was referring to the expressions on her face and the way she holds herself. She's 23 -- there's no sense in expecting her to look middle-aged! Or even like she's in her 30s! So everything I'm talking about is a mental attribute that has a physical impact.

Quote:

If you want more proof, I've actually done some tests with people that don't know her. Do you want to know the results ?
It might be interesting, but I'll tell you in advance I would simply write off such opinions as going purely by superficial perceptions. Physically, I can see hardly any difference at all between her appearance now and when she was 18. But mentally, and in the impact of her mind on how she holds herself, how she presents herself, the difference is huge.

Rocket 01-16-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 87731)
Wow! You can really see how much she has matured in just 4 short years. She is no longer our lolita she has become a beautiful woman. :)

Geez! I thought I was complimenting her. I didn't think it would start a debate. :( Ok, I take it back, she is timeless. The day she buries Jeremy she will look the same. When we are all long gone she will be the same as she was on her first album. Man, I make one comment and it gets analyzed to pieces.