Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [MDO] Alizée's Career (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6250)

Euphoria 02-05-2011 03:53 PM

Come on, seriously? People, stop making excuses for her, its becoming really transparent. How can she only know how to do big? Its not hard to do a small venue, but guess what....she doesn't do them, which most likely means she doesn't want to. And yeah, MF waits a few years in between albums, but the difference is that her albums sold and had 5 major tours. Mylene has done very few interviews and I've never heard of her having an autograph signing. You can defend Alizee until you're blue in the face, but it won't change the facts.

Fèvier 02-05-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 199190)
Come on, seriously? People, stop making excuses for her, its becoming really transparent. How can she only know how to do big? Its not hard to do a small venue, but guess what....she doesn't do them, which most likely means she doesn't want to. And yeah, MF waits a few years in between albums, but the difference is that her albums sold and had 5 major tours. Mylene has done very few interviews and I've never heard of her having an autograph signing. You can defend Alizee until you're blue in the face, but it won't change the facts.

Honestly, what do you expect from members of a forum dedicated to her? You're points are very much valid but you have to understand that sometimes turning a blind eye is what keeps some fans going. (I said some!)

Euphoria 02-05-2011 05:17 PM

Umm, rationality? Maybe being realistic? I guess that is too much to expect on here. People say that I'm mean and harsh but, I'm still a fan. I think she is beautiful and talented but it's basically being wasted at this point. :)

Fèvier 02-05-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 199193)
Umm, rationality? Maybe being realistic? I guess that is too much to expect on here. People say that I'm mean and harsh but, I'm still a fan. I think she is beautiful and talented but it's basically being wasted at this point. :)

Jeje. If everyone were realistic and thought rationally, the world would be a lot better. A world of flaws makes things a hell of a lot imore interesting :p

BlackAnthem 02-05-2011 06:20 PM

Allow me to bring up this interesting piece of information:

When in ITUNES FRANCE search Alizee:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/pict...pictureid=1646

I am fairly sure this summarizes where her career is going. The French people want the old Lolita back. Only two of her recent songs are on here. Strictly speaking of her songs we can see by the chart ORGANIZED BY POPULARITY that her older albums were a bigger success. Not news.

Now we can also see another obvious piece of information. Her new albums have created no such stir as her other albums.

So her next album/single will DEFINE her path. Whether it is more similar to the old or new. All in her hands. I would say at this point we can assume no more and just wait it out.

So let's wait for a month or two. Wait for some news.

JoeNY 02-05-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 199190)

Not wanting to do it and not knowing how or having the experience to do it are 2 different things, so please stop calling her lazy. :mad: Alizee was a teen snatched out of high school. She's a professional entertainer who sings and dances. I have read about other bands and singers who have had similar problems with the business side of the music industry such as promotion and marketing. Alizee does not have a paid staff to work on these things, and it's pretty much the job of the record company who signs her to do this. They are the people who have the experienced staff on hand and the contacts with the TV and radio stations. I'm sure the business side is new to Alizee, and probably a pain for her. I just wish some big record company could see the potential in Alizee and handle the business side of managing a career for her.

Euphoria 02-05-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeNY (Post 199199)
Not wanting to do it and not knowing how or having the experience to do it are 2 different things, so please stop calling her lazy. :mad: Alizee was a teen snatched out of high school. She's a professional entertainer who sings and dances. I have read about other bands and singers who have had similar problems with the business side of the music industry such as promotion and marketing. Alizee does not have a paid staff to work on these things, and it's pretty much the job of the record company who signs her to do this. They are the people who have the experienced staff on hand and the contacts with the TV and radio stations. I'm sure the business side is new to Alizee, and probably a pain for her. I just wish some big record company could see the potential in Alizee and handle the business side of managing a career for her.

You know why big record companies don't promote her? She's not bringing in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

JoeNY 02-05-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 199201)
You know why big record companies don't promote her? She's not bringing in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I understand that. They listen to her songs and can pretty much predict they won't sell, but go through the motions anyway. If the product was better, they would have done a better job in promoting it. Yes, Alizee needs to assemble a better team to give her marketable songs. I will call Mylene tomorrow and arrange it. :p

HelixSix 02-05-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 199201)

If you don't have a good record company or solid partnerships to begin with the money most likely won't come in. It's circular, but you are just putting the blame on Alizée constantly.

You won't be a very good quarterback if your receiver can't catch, and you won't be a good receiver if your quarterback can't throw. One thing we know already is that Alizée can play.

Euphoria 02-05-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelixSix (Post 199204)
If you don't have a good record company or solid partnerships to begin with the money most likely won't come in. It's circular, but you are just putting the blame on Alizée constantly.

You won't be a very good quarterback if your receiver can't catch, and you won't be a good receiver if your quarterback can't throw. One thing we know already is that Alizée can play.

I guess RCA and Jive Records aren't big enough.