Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée News (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [2012-06-28][Single] A cause de l'automne (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7100)

ALS 06-28-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianO1 (Post 227629)
Thanks for the translation!

Now, I don't know who or what this song was written about, but I can already see some things in there that could relate to Lili. The talk of lost love, lies and wrong doing? Could be something to do with the marriage that seems to be over.

Life in a fishbowl being sad, could have to do with the time period of JEAM, not have a lot of control over her own life, feeling tapped.

Hehehe it's been so long that we have had a new song to speculate about!:p

Maybe Jeremy was one of those overly controlling men and she couldn't take it anymore.

SpanishFan 06-28-2012 04:38 PM

It does not excite me too much... This song could be sung by a thousand other singers, and I have the feeling that I've heard it before, must be the style.

I look forward for the next single or for the album, I am sure it will have songs that i'll like more than this one.
I agree with Euphoria and FRA.
Good to see that the majority loves it anyway.

Euphoria 06-28-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteFeather (Post 227612)
...Isn't it a little early to be throwing in the towel? She released one song you two didn't care for, and you act as if the entire album is going to tank because of it.

Not saying you have to like it by any means. As stated earlier it just seems you're giving up on it a little early.

I didn't say that, I said if this is the vibe they're giving off for the album, it won't do well. I just hope she delivers with the rest of the album. I wouldn't even say the song is bad, it's just forgettable and kind of generic, imo. I've already completely forgotten what it sounds like and I just listened to it a few hours ago.

Rictor 06-28-2012 05:03 PM

I like this new single, and here's why:

Remember when the previous two albums came out? Or even a step back, how about when the singles came out for the previous two albums? I didn't like Limelight at all when I first heard it. I remember thinking "what the....what's going on here? This sounds terrible." But after a few months, it grew on me and I finally saw what was so awesome about it.

During the Psych era, it was even worse because I was trying too hard to like the songs. It shouldn't be like that. Some of the songs on Psych eventually grew on me (esp Mon Taxi Driver and Par Les Paupieres), but when time is of the essence, you can be damn sure I choose songs off the first two albums to listen to instead.

Right now I can breathe a sigh of relief because I don't have to TRY to like this new song since it already sounds good to me.

Also, I've noticed in past polls on this site that we continually surprise each other when we talk about our favorite or least favorite songs. Some of the ones I figured people would definitely hate are actually loved by some. And vice versa. So who knows? Maybe some of you who don't like it too much now on the first listen might like it more once we hear it along with the rest of the album? Give it a chance! I'm so happy to hear Alizée's voice again. :dance:

SpanishFan 06-28-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rictor (Post 227634)
I like this new single, and here's why:
Right now I can breathe a sigh of relief because I don't have to TRY to like this new song since it already sounds good to me.

I understand why people can like the song that soon... I find it a little bit generic, not like other songs that slowly grow on you and at the end you enjoy listening to them forever.
But I think is a very good idea not to take too many risks with the first single of this album, I think that maybe they pick this song for marketing reasons too, trying not to put off a lot of people.
I am optimistic for the rest of the album songs.

Tiwaz 06-28-2012 06:11 PM

Oh yes, I love this! :wub: Beautiful,, nice retro feeling and finally She's singing at the lower register again, turning Her vocal limitations to Her advantage.

Quote:

hardcore fans are gonna love it because they're desperate for new material
Haters gonna hate... :yawn:

This is in my honest opinion one of the best songs she made since the MF/LB days.
I don't know if it's about breaking up with Jeremy(?) but it sounds like She's singing with true feelings. That's what counts to me.

User22 06-28-2012 06:25 PM

Like I said back when everyone thought she had died after UEDS...some of her best days are ahead :D just look...Alizée fans like the modern Alizée and not some 18-year-old in their head that doesn't exist anymore! Haha

Karin 06-28-2012 06:26 PM

after 6hours of hearing new single... I describe it so...

music which is continuing from "sad" UEDS melody into more live...
music which throws you with memories back into the Lolita era and then back to current time...

and so it goes many times...

Azhiri 06-28-2012 06:42 PM

The strings make this song <3 I think the song could have done with a nice trumpet feature, though.

I agree that it sounds a bit generic, but after the dark electro from UEdS (which I still adore) it's a breath of fresh air. I'm also very glad to hear her singing in her lower register again, as has been mentioned. It's a little early to judge the entire album just yet, but in terms of being marketable and selling well, this is definitely a step up from our last "first listen" experience from UEdS.

I'm super-excited to see a video and hear the album!! :)

ALS 06-28-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 227642)
just look...Alizée fans like the modern Alizée and not some 18-year-old in their head that doesn't exist anymore! Haha

Oh how she is getting cuter and cuter as she gets older. Got to love those women who are late bloomers. :wub: