Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Apprendre le français (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Translation Assistance (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5597)

paintballpdh19 04-21-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 162100)
I translted it as he posted it, full length. But is autograph (the verb form) the same in French? Pdh, do you want it formal or casual? Votre is formal, but you can use 'tes' for casual.

formal would prob be best

VVVACCPLPNLY 04-21-2010 10:00 PM

I never use formal with Alizée. I always use tu, ta, ton, tes. Not because. Don't respect her, but I prefer vous, vos, votre for authoritile figures.

paintballpdh19 04-21-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 162109)
I never use formal with Alizée. I always use tu, ta, ton, tes. Not because. Don't respect her, but I prefer vous, vos, votre for authoritile figures.

well i have no idea about the French language so whatever u think is best ill go with.

VVVACCPLPNLY 04-22-2010 06:55 AM

Well, I always use casual when I post on her fb wall. And she normally responds by pressing like. Which means she must not mind her fans being casual, since she is so young. So I would say tu, but if you feel vous is more appropriate, go with that.

Toc De Mac 04-23-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Wish me luck!
Souhaite-moi bonne chance!

Quote:

This is it.
More context is needed. I know it probably relates to Michael Jackson, but even then the title of the film about his life still has various meanings in English.

Quote:

thank you for autographing my CD at the session for Alizee America a couple of weeks ago
Merci d’avoir dédicacé mon album à la séance pour Alizée America il y a quelques semaines.

VVVACCPLPNLY 04-23-2010 07:43 AM

Merci, toc de mac !

Toc De Mac 04-23-2010 03:31 PM

Pas de quoi ! :)

user472884 05-01-2010 02:33 AM

I find that often, I'll use the phrase "I'll go with that" in restaurant situations and such. As english speakers, we understand what that means.

Does this concept translate into French? Is "Nous allons aller avec ça" correct and understandable? or is there another phrase that should be substituted?

*Also, is it "Nous allons aller avec ça" or "Nous allons avec ça"?

paintballpdh19 05-02-2010 03:15 PM

thanks Toc De Mac

Toc De Mac 05-04-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballpdh19
thanks Toc De Mac

You're welcome. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 163450)
I find that often, I'll use the phrase "I'll go with that" in restaurant situations and such. As english speakers, we understand what that means.

Does this concept translate into French? Is "Nous allons aller avec ça" correct and understandable? or is there another phrase that should be substituted?

*Also, is it "Nous allons aller avec ça" or "Nous allons avec ça"?

I'm sure that the concept exists in French, though I'm doubtful that it would be said like that. :confused: My first reaction was, "Je prendrai ça," meaning simply, "I'll have that." Which, I guess, can in English essentially replace the original phrase.