Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media Section (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   interview in ajaccio (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3436)

lefty12357 02-25-2008 09:03 PM

Ha Ha, Simon, that pic looks just like Minnesota where I live...except it's lighter here. In the summer it gets up to 35°C and very humid. In the winter it gets down to -28°C. A few weeks ago it was 4°C and 2 days later it was -26°C. The northern part of the state was -39°C. I do like having 4 distinct seasons, but I wish the winter was shorter and spring and autumn lasted longer.

Tical 808 02-25-2008 11:34 PM

Wow, mainland weather is so different from here. Hottest is like 85-90 and coldest is ~65, hardly ever goes below 60. I really wish it snowed over here, haven't seen real snow yet haha

NeverMore 02-25-2008 11:43 PM

Living in California my whole life ive only seen snow twice haha, we think its cold when it hits 50°f

Runner Simon 02-26-2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tical 808 (Post 93301)
Wow, mainland weather is so different from here. Hottest is like 85-90 and coldest is ~65, hardly ever goes below 60. I really wish it snowed over here, haven't seen real snow yet haha

Whell when it has newly snowed it's okay becosue then it's about 0 degrese. But the days after are cold like shit :blink:
But I suppose what you don't have is what you whant?
Any matter how, think of wearing the same outfit the year around. Jeans and T-shirt. That's a dream:rolleyes:

All I get is a wet locker when I stuff in my jaket which is full with snow >.<

ajaccio corsica 02-26-2008 02:08 AM

hi
there's a little ski station located 1h30 from ajaccio, in april it's possible to ski early in the morning and then swim in the afternoon if you don't mind swimming in a cold water
you can also see the coast when you ski, it's pretty cool
if you're courageous you can practice nordic ski in the mountains but it takes about 2h30 to go there, beware of sunburns though, end of march/beginning of april sun is pretty hot there
cheers

Runner Simon 02-26-2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajaccio corsica (Post 93309)
hi

if you're courageous you can practice nordic ski in the mountains
cheers

Like I can't do that already ;)

Deepwaters 02-26-2008 10:32 AM

I could never live in a place as cold as either Sweden or Minnesota. My ex-wife was from Montana, and we drove there (from Seattle) one Christmas to visit her parents and siblings. It was the coldest I've ever been. In summer it's not so bad, very beautiful in the western part of the state, with the mountains.

Seattle is pretty far north, but because of the Pacific Current it's quite warm. It only snows a few days out of the year. I do love it here in northern California, though.

ajaccio corsica 03-03-2008 07:46 AM

hi
yep minnesota is called little siberia ;)
montana is beautiful, I met a blonde shortie from there and she told me about the mountains, woods, wild animals etc...
I couldn't live in a cold place too, I had to go to aix en provence, a big city near marseille, and it was very cold and windy
I was walking in the street and an old lady told me: watch your steps, it's frozen here... there was ice on the pavement ;)
the southern accent of the lady made me laugh
this city is cool during the summer, there are many festivals, concerts etc...
I guess you probably know students who learn there because there are many universities and... an american center :D
cheers