Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   The AAm Project (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rca (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920)

Ben 07-08-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAnthem (Post 134039)
Really. I am on RCA's website and it says otherwise. I think the new album is coming out under the contract with UNIVERSAL. Till then.....RCA.

http://www.rcamusic.fr/artistes

This site hasn't been updated in almost a year, since RCA went out of business in France. It was a sub-label of Sony, so all the artists got shifted around to other Sony labels. Alizée is now with Jive/Epic like Jung said.

Ruroshen 07-08-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 134051)
This site hasn't been updated in almost a year, since RCA went out of business in France. It was a sub-label of Sony, so all the artists got shifted around to other Sony labels. Alizée is now with Jive/Epic like Jung said.

RCA is defunct in Europe, but still alive and kicking stateside. (And, interestingly, making an effort to promote Adam Lambert in one of the Tweeterwall contests. :p)

No idea how that might affect the eventual distribution of an Alizée album here if it ever came to pass, though. Both labels are still under the Sony BMG umbrella, so who knows?

BlackAnthem 07-08-2009 09:33 PM

So Sony still has ownership? Well RCA is a huge label for Sony so I am keeping good hopes and will try to arrange something.

jung_adore_ALIZEE 07-08-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruroshen (Post 134053)
No idea how that might affect the eventual distribution of an Alizée album here if it ever came to pass, though. Both labels are still under the Sony BMG umbrella, so who knows?

all the new is under Jive/Epic

Ben 07-08-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

RCA is defunct in Europe, but still alive and kicking stateside.

So are Jive and Epic Records, though. Or they could just release her under the "Sony Music" label like they did in Mexico.

Btw, no "BMG" anymore... they recently got rid of that!

Ruroshen 07-08-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE (Post 134056)
all the new is under Jive/Epic

...in France, which is all we really know for certain. Anything else about how a distribution deal might work in the States is purely uninformed speculation. :p

BlackAnthem 07-08-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

still alive and kicking[/URL] stateside. (And, interestingly, making an effort to promote Adam Lambert in one of the Tweeterwall contests. :p)

No idea how that might affect the eventual distribution of an Alizée album here if it ever came to pass, though.

You make a good point. However, RCA remains a vital part of Sony and their artists. RCA can tell Sony that Alizee would be a good addition to the United States Sony Musical Team. Sony will then talk to Jive/Epic and (if she will make money) bring her over.

Now you are aware that in order for her to make such a profit that it catches the attention Sony would be thousands. My guess 50,000 fans in America that are willing to spend money on her. We need those 50,000 first.

So here is what we have to do.

1. I've brought up our Twitter effort to RCA.
2. RCA contacts Sony, says look how many fans we have.
3. Sony says, wow that's a lot. Bring her over IF she'll make money.
4. She gets a call "We want you in the USA"
5. She comes over and does a tour. IF the tour doesn't make money over a set amount she leaves.
6. However, let's say she does. New album is sold here as well. But IF that doesn't make money she won't perform anymore. I don't know after that.

Those are my thoughts. So comment away. See you in the morning.

Alex 07-08-2009 09:47 PM

That's how business works here in the U.S. Now the thing as you said do we have or can we get around 50,000 fans here in the U.S.?
I think we have alot of work to do XD

Ben 07-08-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAnthem (Post 134059)
1. I've brought up our Twitter effort to RCA.
2. RCA contacts Sony, says look how many fans we have.
3. Sony says, wow that's a lot. Bring her over IF she'll make money.

Mexico will (deservably) get a lot of the credit for this Twitter thing. In fact Sony Music Mexico has already tweeted about it.

Alex 07-08-2009 09:52 PM

What about our credit??? who's going to tweeter us?? jaja Yeah thats true Ben they are doing a big part in the voting.