Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   The AAm Project (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Promoting Alizee / AAm (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5564)

MYGOGT 04-30-2010 09:56 PM

In my quest to promote Alizée to fellow workers, I was playing ueds in the plane I was checking out for the past two days. One person stopped in his tracks and asked who that was. Of course I just had to tell him and handed him a sample cd I had with a couple of tracks off each album. I am awaiting his response. It is a start.

Fall 04-30-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYGOGT (Post 163432)
In my quest to promote Alizée to fellow workers, I was playing ueds in the plane I was checking out for the past two days. One person stopped in his tracks and asked who that was. Of course I just had to tell him and handed him a sample cd I had with a couple of tracks off each album. I am awaiting his response. It is a start.

Awesome! Good job there MYGOGT! Usually when people ask what I'm listening to I just give them an earbud, since when I go out I just use my Zune :cool:

Rev 05-01-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdtv (Post 161863)
Since you get down to the City to buy Japanese cookies now and then, I take it that, like Ben, you are a candidate for membership in one or more of the French language meetup groups there. WiIl you give it a try? Do you know other people in AAm who live nearby?

Surely if there are other francophone places in the City of interest, some of the meetup group people know about them.

Nice idea, however, I live in Pennsylvania.

For a couple of years I was in NYC every few months for training, however that has mostly stopped. I now have to go to the Boston suburbs (actually being in New York City was more fun).

Quote:

Yes, I can't imagine there would not be a reception in such an intimate setting. My hope is that it would allow Alizée to make useful professional contacts in New York City BEYOND those know French. Isn't that what we want to make possible?

Yes, absolutely.

It's a pity that the one person that I still knew in the city who could have really helped out in this regard passed away suddenly about a year ago.

Quote:

Maybe you can see Roman's tattoo artist and find out how much he charges for a design that says "Big-time Broadway producer. No kidding!" ;)

lol :)

MYGOGT 05-03-2010 11:07 PM

I just found channel 87 on Sirius satellite radio is called Bandapart which states this:A Radio-Canada channel dedicated to the best emerging Francophone pop, rock, electronica, hip-hop, punk and world music.
So I sent in a request for Eden, Eden to start things off with them. We will see what happens.

VVVACCPLPNLY 05-03-2010 11:25 PM

Cool! Wish I had xm! But why request Eden Eden? Did I miss somewhere that it was said that Eden Eden would be the next single? Or is that just your favorite from UEDS?

MYGOGT 05-04-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 163856)
Cool! Wish I had xm! But why request Eden Eden? Did I miss somewhere that it was said that Eden Eden would be the next single? Or is that just your favorite from UEDS?

I am going to request them all one by one until I get a response.

sumi1 05-04-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYGOGT (Post 163854)
I just found channel 87 on Sirius satellite radio is called Bandapart which states this:A Radio-Canada channel dedicated to the best emerging Francophone pop, rock, electronica, hip-hop, punk and world music.
So I sent in a request for Eden, Eden to start things off with them. We will see what happens.

Nice find MYGOGT. Can you share the link/e-mail? More requests may be helpful :)

User22 05-04-2010 09:00 AM

Me and my "not going to some threads for no reason":rolleyes:

I can't believe you are doing this!!!

SO AWESOME!!!!

VVVACCPLPNLY 05-04-2010 11:57 AM

A few days ago, I got the urge to go to google and search Alizée under local, expecting maybe to find a place to buy her music. But instead, I found a location in Williamsburg, Virginia named Alizé Bistro (www.alizebistro.com). I contacted them this morning, through that site. I told them some basic facts, like she is French, has four albums, her first was the best selling female French album of 2001, and a few other things. I told them about this site, and our private autograph session. I also sent one of my favorite recent pictures. Hopefully they will respond. If they do, I will let you guys know! I may be in Williamsburg this weekend for mother's day, so if I can, I will try to get my mom to have lunch there. Meet them in person. Too bad I don't have physical albums yet. But mid march, I had ordered Gourmandises at FYE. It has not come in yet, but if it does before Sunday, I will bring it with me, to show them.

User22 05-04-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 163895)
But mid march, I had ordered Gourmandises at FYE. It has not come in yet, but if it does before Sunday, I will bring it with me, to show them.

You have done well young padawan jk'n man. But yah your post urged me to search for her albums in Virginia. Millions of times before I have tried to see if any stores like Best Buy and stuff will sell her albums and I had no luck. But then I used Google Shopping and found Gourmandises, Mes Courants Electriques, Psychedelices, and Une Enfant Du Siecle all available for Site to Store:eek::eek::eek: Although they are about $15-$20 each I would still love to get them since they are all just amazing and all I have is a CD of UEDS and mp3s of all others. And I just got a job at the YMCA last night and will be making $22 a night every night this summer and so I will definitely be able to afford them....woh long post....I have DOCDTV-syndrome!!!

sumi1 05-04-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 163895)
Too bad I don't have physical albums yet. But mid march, I had ordered Gourmandises at FYE. It has not come in yet, but if it does before Sunday, I will bring it with me, to show them.

You may burn some of the remixes and videos in a CD and give it to them. They may play some of her songs there.

Edit:
Sorry, forgot you dont have a computer now. You may ask some of your friends to do it for you :)

User22 05-04-2010 09:58 PM

Seeing your guys recent success with spreading her amazingness....well I just have to give an update on my attempts.

-A week ago I went to Anti-Prom with 4 friends at a house(no bad stuff, it wasn't a party, don't worry, and they are mormon). So these mormon, girl-deprived, innocent people think it's so amazing that I got her autograph and they were dying to hear her and watch some of her videos....so while we played CodModWar2 I played all 4 albums, then showed them En Concert DVD on my iTouch, and then showed them all music videos and they really liked it!!! And I was so happy cause those are people that like her for her music and good looks with clothes on! And then I showed them JEAM and their jaws dropped...

-So now 2 of them have about 100 plays for each song on their iPod of her and my best friend that was there now knows how to play piano to alot of her songs.

-I think it was very successful, especially since my friend comes up to me in the hall and says "Bubbles and Water..." in a very seductive way hahahaha.

Thanks for watching and please dispose your trash in the wastebaskets as you exit the theater:D

VVVACCPLPNLY 05-04-2010 10:10 PM

Lol, aaronius, do you think they will join here? Good job, though!

User22 05-04-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 163990)
Lol, aaronius, do you think they will join here? Good job, though!

I am working on my best friend. We talk about her everyday and he always talks about her songs to me and I just need to get him on here to see translations and videos and then he will be hooked:D He will prob join once he accepts the fact he is in love/REALLY OBSESSED like the rest of us haha.

MYGOGT 05-06-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumi1 (Post 163867)
Nice find MYGOGT. Can you share the link/e-mail? More requests may be helpful :)

Here is the link:
http://www.sirius.com/bandeapart
Just put in a request for Les Collines for tomorrow.
Sounds like you guys are getting involved in spreading the word around. Great job all! I have been swamped at work and getting ready for my trip.
In 12 hours I will begin my 27 state quest and hope to share sample cd's with many people. If I figure out the cameras and youtube I will try to post up some "interviews" of people's reactions to our beloved French artist's music.
And I get to leave before we get 4 inches of wet snow!

sumi1 05-06-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

In 12 hours I will begin my 27 state quest and hope to share sample cd's with many people. If I figure out the cameras and youtube I will try to post up some "interviews" of people's reactions to our beloved French artist's music.
And I get to leave before we get 4 inches of wet snow!
That's awesome MYGOGT. Thanks for doing so much for her. I will also be travelling most of next week. Most of my friends already know about her though :p

FanDeAliFee 05-07-2010 12:50 AM

"The search for Alizée" - new YouTube serial goes viral?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYGOGT (Post 164322)

There is comedic potential here. Rather than simply ask people if they have heard of Alizée or what they think of her music, you could instead tell them you are looking for her and have they seen her, as if she were a missing person or your runaway wife.

It's too bad you are alone, because things could get interesting with just a camera person to help you out. For example, you could go into a store and crawl on the floor looking underneath the bottom shelves with a flashlight. When a salesperson came over to ask what you were doing, you could say you are looking for Alizée Jacotey. When they then ask what this is, you say she is this fantastically talented French entertainer. When then asked why you are looking for a person under shelves, you then explain she is very short and might be hiding. With a bit of editing, a photo of her with some dimensional arrows reading 5' 3" could overlay the audio track. And so on.

Is there a liquor store? Do they sell Napoleon brandy? Then obviously you have to go in there and ask if they sell other stuff named after Corsicans, like... you guessed it.

Many other scenarios present themselves for passing along one or another fact about Alizée in subsequent videos in the serial. The idea would be not only to expose people to Alizée in real life, but through the quirky video series as well.

Among the simpler gimmicks you can try in the absence of help is to look for someone who somehow looks like Alizée, go up to her and then say you thought she was Alizée. This again starts the whole conversation with the oddball guy with the camera.

You can also go into the mall, tell them you've lost contact with someone, and could they be paged? Yes, it's Alizée Jacotey. Afterward, you ask people in the mall if they heard the announcement and have they seen her? What does she look like? Who is she? Etc etc.

Even if you can't get involved in fancy gimmicks, try simple things like getting people to sing the "Never Wanna Leave You" chorus. Heck, you could even offer a free ice cream bar to the best version among a group of kids in the park.

Too bad Scruffydog isn't retired yet, so he could travel with you. He'd love to do funny videos about Alizée!

VVVACCPLPNLY 05-07-2010 08:22 AM

I can't travel with MYGOGT, but he and I will be meeting next Saturday, the 15th. We will work together to spread the word for that afternoon. But we never established any complicated plans. Neither of us arranged for a camera to be present. But I have a phone with a camera, and he probably does too. But it is his choice whether he wants to appear on camera. If we could come up with some ideas before he gets here, without interrupting his trip, that would be great. But I am not good at comedy, so I will need assistance. We have one week. I won't be too entirely busy, so I will do most of the planning, and pm MYGOGT with details. I just you guys to put ideas up! Please?

RobandSandy 05-07-2010 09:11 PM

Any way to get the word on the street about Alizee sounds like a plan to me.

Människöpesten 05-07-2010 10:29 PM

i say we seriously consider organizing street teams. Once the merch alizee said is in the making is available, i'll wear that like EVERYWHERE

paintballpdh19 05-07-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 164429)
i say we seriously consider organizing street teams. Once the merch alizee said is in the making is available, i'll wear that like EVERYWHERE

i hope that their is al kinds of stuff.... and if there is i will buy it all:wub:

Människöpesten 05-07-2010 10:48 PM

you and i both.

RobandSandy 05-09-2010 09:04 PM

I will do what I can from here to turn my friends on to Alizee and vote for her and whatever else I can possibly do.

Fall 05-09-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 164429)

I'm up for anything during weekends here by DC. We could have a Lilly operation like the one in NY :D

User22 05-10-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

VVVACCPLPNLY:

So, a few months ago (re: when I had my computer) I joined www.katyperryforum.com, because she is pretty good imho. I have posted on there about our girl, and in less than an hour later, someone there said 'is that the girl from the song lolita?'. So I am spreading the word to a forum full of mostly young teen girls, who I believe were the target audience of Gourmandises. With any luck, I will have a good reaction! And quite a few members there speak French, they have a thread for posting messages in other languages. I of corse used French, and recieved 3 responses in fairly good grammar (as far as my novice French skills can figure), so it may create many fans! I will keep you guys posted.
Good Job VVV!!!

Yah VVV made this he just needed help copying and pasting;)

MYGOGT 05-10-2010 09:59 PM

Good job VVV! I am in Birmingham, Alabama tonight and finally have some access. I have been able to give out a few cd samplers en route. I must say that some of the folks around Tulsa were pretty tough to even get to listen. I may have to try English versions on some. Live and learn I guess.

User22 05-10-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYGOGT (Post 164827)
I may have to try English versions on some. Live and learn I guess.

Good idea;) Go English on people, then French:D But yah those southerners are quite stubborn when it comes to music...

Country≠French Pop;)

VVVACCPLPNLY 05-10-2010 10:02 PM

Mygogt, I have question pm me with sme details of your trip so far, and I will respond with my question.

Människöpesten 05-10-2010 11:11 PM

street teams. it's how i find out about EVERYTHING. oh yeah, and did you hear about those street teams?

FanDeAliFee 05-10-2010 11:42 PM

"Amateur" informercials boom at YouTube

Some viewers complain that YouTube is now generating revenue by running ads you can click off. Well, guess what? A lot of the "show and tell, just girl-talk" videos are actually <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/06/fashion/06skin.html">clandestine infomercials</a>. I guess it had to happen, right?

So you say you can't afford to run a 30-second Superbowl TV ad for Lili, but you'd do anything for her? Then slip one of these shifty YouTube babes some dead presidents and make things happen!

Människöpesten 05-10-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdtv (Post 164857)
Some viewers complain that YouTube is now generating revenue by running ads you can click off. Well, guess what? A lot of the "show and tell, just girl-talk" videos are actually <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/06/fashion/06skin.html">clandestine infomercials</a>. I guess it had to happen, right?

So you say you can't afford to run a 30-second Superbowl TV ad for Lili, but you'd do anything for her? Then slip one of these shifty YouTube babes some dead presidents and make things happen!

i would raise the money for a lili super bowl aid. that would be epic on unprecedented scales. there would be riots for cd sales in the US

VVVACCPLPNLY 05-11-2010 07:40 AM

Come on guys, be realistic! I hate to sound somewhat pessimistic, but some of you are just WAY too optimistic. Not every American is a potential fan. Every artist (Alizée), no matter how amazing they may be to some (us), will still be disliked by others (others). While I don't expect everyone in America to turn her down, I would go so far as to say that no less than 50%, probably closer to say 65 or 70%, will not accept her. So we have to work extra hard to find the rest. Remember, we are trying to promote a French artist in a country where most people think French is useless, and French people, beautiful or not, best singer on Earth or not, are not worth the time. But that ís why we must try our very hardest. But do like I did at KPF: appeal to the right market! The ones who have the best chance of liking her. That is how sales are made. I understand branching out to many different target groups, and don't think it is a bad idea, but remember who you are showing her to, and appeal to that group at that tim

Människöpesten 05-11-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 164881)
Come on guys, be realistic! I hate to sound somewhat pessimistic, but some of you are just WAY too optimistic. Not every American is a potential fan. Every artist (Alizée), no matter how amazing they may be to some (us), will still be disliked by others (others). While I don't expect everyone in America to turn her down, I would go so far as to say that no less than 50%, probably closer to say 65 or 70%, will not accept her. So we have to work extra hard to find the rest. Remember, we are trying to promote a French artist in a country where most people think French is useless, and French people, beautiful or not, best singer on Earth or not, are not worth the time. But that ís why we must try our very hardest. But do like I did at KPF: appeal to the right market! The ones who have the best chance of liking her. That is how sales are made. I understand branching out to many different target groups, and don't think it is a bad idea, but remember who you are showing her to, and appeal to that group at that tim

street teams. people get the idea, and if it sticks with them, they look her up at home. i've read a couple of the stories on discovery and it seems like people brush it off at first and then go back later. putting fliers out there does more than you think

User22 05-11-2010 08:18 PM

Update on my Alizée Recruitment Program:

As you know I showed some close friends at my school(5) Alizee. They loved her music and videos, and they asked for some of her stuff. I accidentally gave them all her songs:rolleyes: so they could fall away into a deep trance like all of us do when we hear her music(let alone her videos:wub:). So now I have brought one of those five people to the forum(rob84044(and he has already learned alot and is going to stick around for a long time), and I hope to convince the rest to come here and experience the biggest high there is besides landing on the moon(But Alizee+on the moon=out of this world, literally:D). So yah I have converted 5 young lads to Lillyism, and with their help, I hope to convert many more:D

Fall 05-11-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 164924)
landing on the moon(But Alizee+on the moon=out of this world, literally:D

Lilly-moonwalk? :eek::p

User22 05-11-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fall06 (Post 164928)
Lilly-moonwalk? :eek::p

I just can't comprehend how awesome that would be...man I can't concentrate...eurhuehrghg can't do math homework...must fight it!

http://www.pyramidentertainment.com/images/Alizee06.jpg

+

http://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images...n-moonwalk.jpg

=

ERROR: Too much awesomeness in one equation:D

Fall 05-11-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 164931)
I just can't comprehend how awesome that would be...man I can't concentrate...eurhuehrghg can't do math homework...must fight it!

http://www.pyramidentertainment.com/images/Alizee06.jpg

+

http://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images...n-moonwalk.jpg

=

ERROR: Too much awesomeness in one equation:D

I have a poster with the bottom pic on it. Now if only I could get a poster with the top pic on it...

Människöpesten 05-11-2010 09:08 PM

you cannot divide by zero, similarly, you cannot add MJ and alizee

Fall 05-11-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 164936)
you cannot divide by zero, similarly, you cannot add MJ and alizee

LIES :p

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SeRfLs3asNs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CuHv0C4Ehfo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6qDSq8wDK4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H2d2EsmGg1Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

User22 05-11-2010 09:39 PM

Nice videos Fall, I love seeing new videos:D I'm surprised Youtube didn't crash when those videos were put up, they must have found a very skilled and wise person that somehow put Lilly-code and MJ-code together and could downsize the video to 50-60MJbytes. I still can't believe Youtube didn't crash because of too much awesomeness on one site....