Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Une Enfant Du Siècle News/Discussion! (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4598)

Srbski-kralj 03-18-2009 04:52 PM

Agreed, i think because Psyc. was an experiment that she did, i think she learned form that and worked on this album.

techno_Millenium 03-18-2009 05:45 PM

I would like a more oriented electronic kind of album. Some electronic mature music like Tracy Thorn, Robyn, Goldfrapp, Roisin Murphy.

Oh Blondie fan here too :)

LL Cool B 04-09-2009 12:48 PM

So I was watching Dancing with the Stars this week (Yeah so what! .......What!) and Steve O. danced to this number. If Alizee did a rendition of this, She would absolutely kill it! (in a good way of course)

-B

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2933uG2GGA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2933uG2GGA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Srbski-kralj 04-09-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LL Cool B (Post 127865)
So I was watching Dancing with the Stars this week (Yeah so what! .......What!) and Steve O. danced to this number. If Alizee did a rendition of this, She would absolutely kill it! (in a good way of course)

-B

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2933uG2GGA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2933uG2GGA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I agree with you man, she woild kill it, the melody sonds like her style.

Ben 04-29-2009 10:49 AM

Whoah, some juicy info on www.qobuz.com:

http://nsa07.casimages.com/img/2009/...1131461780.jpg

It seems that... Alizée records her next album at the Institubes label [Note: David Rubato's label -Ben], known for production of high-volt electro (Para One, Chateau Marmont, etc.). It will be a concept album [:eek:] loosely inspired by the tragic life of Edie Sedgwick [also the subject of 50/60 -B], actress and model who arrived in New York during the 60s, attended The Factory [Andy Warhol's studio -B], and died of an overdose in 1971 at the age of 28. "What she wants, Alizée always gets". The evidence in this fourth album!

Merci miracle @ lilly-town.com!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. 04-29-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 128758)
http://nsa07.casimages.com/img/2009/...1131461780.jpg

It seems that... Alizée records her next album at the Institubes label [Note: David Rubato's label -Ben], known for production of high-volt electro (Para One, Chateau Marmont, etc.). It will be a concept album [:eek:] loosely inspired by the tragic life of Edie Sedgwick [also the subject of 50/60 -B], actress and model who arrived in New York during the 60s, attended The Factory [Andy Warhol's studio -B], and died of an overdose in 1971 at the age of 28. "What she wants, Alizée always gets". The evidence in this fourth album!

Merci miracle @ lilly-town.com!

That is an interesting find.

I checked the Institubes homepage and they have a box on the left side that says: "You give us your email, we tell you everything. That's a hell of a deal, really."

I just signed up, we'll see if it's for real.

P.S. At least their auto-responder works!

puffyrock2 04-29-2009 11:52 AM

A concept album? Quite a ambitious undertaking, perhaps a double disc rock opera about the downward spiral of this character may be an interesting undertaking.

dreamer 04-29-2009 01:43 PM

But can a 'concept album' be commercially successful?

puffyrock2 04-29-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer (Post 128764)
But can a 'concept album' be commercially successful?

Absolutely, but concept albums are not nearly as common today as back in the 70's, which was the golden age for such albums.

Bands such as Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis, The Who, Alan Parsons Project, Jethro Tull and Styx are bands that defined what the concept album is all about, a story or narrative ususlly driven by dramatic music.

As far as Alizee pulling this off, it seems strange as this type of album is very much a progressive rock thing, but it could work if produced and written properly.

LL Cool B 04-29-2009 03:37 PM

Woo Hoo! I am ready for Alizee v3.0 baby!

woohoo 04-29-2009 03:49 PM

If the article is correct and she does do a electric style album shes will , i think, return or surpass the number of fans from the 2003 era and these fans will be mostly in Mexico and the US. hopefully.:)

Junkmale 04-29-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woohoo (Post 128771)
If the article is correct and she does do a electric style album shes will , i think, return or surpass the number of fans from the 2003 era and these fans will be mostly in Mexico and the US. hopefully.:)

Let's hope so. If it's to be a sucess there has to be great promotional work and there has to be a tour to promote? So far there has been little news of either so i have my doubts.
But, no more major label? That's a bit alarming? What is 'Institubes'? Has she lost her contract with RCA?

M'alizee 04-29-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkmale (Post 128774)
But, no more major label? That's a bit alarming? What is 'Institubes'? Has she lost her contract with RCA?

don't know, but for me is important her album. sure her carreer also, but i am only waiting for the 4th album. want to hear her new style.

lefty12357 04-29-2009 06:19 PM

Being a fan of progressive music, many of my favorite albums are concept albums. I’m all for the idea as long as it’s done right. As a matter of fact, I find it exciting news. How the “electro” thing will work out, I don’t know. I just don’t want anything to overshadow the “Alizée” factor.

Alizee’s courage never ceases to amaze me. Since Psychédélices didn’t do as well as she hoped, one might think she would be looking for the “sure thing” this time around, something safe and predictable that would appeal to the masses. But Alizée seems to know where she wants to go musically, and she isn't going to allow criticism or fear over her career stop her from doing it.

As far as the record company goes, Sony/BMG released a card listing Alizée in the “to come” section for new releases. I posted it a while back; it’s on the 4th page of this thread. My guess (and it’s only a guess) is she is still with Sony for promotion and distribution, but the recording is being done under the "Institubes" label. Of course her relationship with Sony could have changed in the last few months. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Tiwaz 04-29-2009 06:41 PM

If she wants to do her own thing I think she has to start, more or less, over from the ground. Most people know her for her two first albums, few seem to know about the new album/style. If she comes out with a strong album now, I think it's a good idea to start doing gigs at smaller places and more often to build up her reputation again, if she wants a career. Obviously she couldn't sell out Grand Rex, lack of promotion or whatever. And the latest one in Mexico, people sitting down eating? I don't know how the situation is in France or elsewhere for that matter, but to many people seem to live, if living at all, in the past with the lolita, Alizée doesn’t.

Junkmale 04-29-2009 07:04 PM

This is the problem really?
Personally, i loved Psych and if the new album is half as good i'll be pleased. Hell, if she records an album of Ukrainian folk songs i'll be pleased!!(well, not really, but you know what i mean).
But for it to be a success it has to promoted properly (especially in France).
She HAS to tour.
Are there any signs of a tour in the works? No? Or if there is, when are we going to hear about it (if the album is due?). Or maybe she dosen't want to and is happy to be a niche/cult act from now? So many maybes??
I think the new one will be more rocky/electro-poppy. I can't wait.

Tiwaz 04-29-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkmale (Post 128783)
This is the problem really?
Personally, i loved Psych and if the new album is half as good i'll be pleased. Hell, if she records an album of Ukrainian folk songs i'll be pleased!!(well, not really, but you know what i mean).

Hey, there's nothing wrong with ukrainan folk songs, just listen to Milla Jovovich's In a glade :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5O5rEhdUho

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. 04-29-2009 09:13 PM

You guys in and around NYC should be pretty jazzed with the news about Edie Sedgwick potentially being the subject matter of the new album. After all, the "Big Apple" played a central part in the "Edie" phenomenon, so I just can not imagine that there would not be a concert date or at the very least an appearance in "The City That Never Sleeps".

My gut tells me 50/60 alone, nearly made it happen.

I just hope Alizée doesn't parallel Edie too closely, most of her story was not pretty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 128780)
As far as the record company goes, Sony/BMG released a card listing Alizée in the “to come” section for new releases. I posted it a while back; it’s on the 4th page of this thread. My guess (and it’s only a guess) is she is still with Sony for promotion and distribution, but the recording is being done under the "Institubes" label. Of course her relationship with Sony could have changed in the last few months. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Do we know if "Institubes" and Sony/BMG have any combined relationships with other artists?

Srbski-kralj 04-29-2009 09:26 PM

umm who the heck is Eddie Sedgwick lol?

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. 04-29-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj (Post 128789)
umm who the heck is Eddie Sedgwick lol?

Ooooops, you didn't know?

Being an Angel fan is like going to school.....there is homework involved.:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edie_Sedgwick

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZVRmt0J6JNg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZVRmt0J6JNg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Srbski-kralj 04-29-2009 09:52 PM

I do homework but not this type :). More or less how to fix cars :)

lefty12357 04-29-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. (Post 128788)
Do we know if "Institubes" and Sony/BMG have any combined relationships with other artists?

I don't know the answer to that. Of course she worked with David Rubato while under contract with RCA/Sony/BMG. If she is indeed recording under the Institubes label, she may be going indie. Or she may just be recording with them and still releasing under a Sony label. I guess we will have to wait and see. As far as I know, there has been no news of her breaking with Sony. If she's still under contract with them then they must have worked out something. It is a question that no doubt will be answered eventually, but it does have me wondering what the status of her relationship with Sony is.

Ben 04-29-2009 10:13 PM

Not only was the David Rubato remix a Institubes production, the music video was too. Which was then released on Sony-labeled discs in Mexico. So yes, I think they can work together. Though I also don't know for sure. RCA no longer operates in France, but I haven't heard anything about Alizée leaving Sony.

Anyway, I wonder how the Spanish song will fit into the album's theme? Maybe not every track will be part of the story? Either way, color me excited, because most of my favorite discs are concept albums!

thomas 04-30-2009 03:17 AM

I completely agree with Rev, she needs a softer side, meaning more melodic soothing French songs, with a lot of upbeat and fun rhythms. Kind of like her 2nd album, also trance and a bit of techno never hurts.

Just one thing, I hope she keeps it mostly French, not a big fan of anything English or any other language, its not the same and never will be. Keep it real Alzee.

SimonH 05-01-2009 12:36 PM

Chateau Marmont Collaboration

Did you know Chateau Marmont is in her up and coming album.

http://www.bloglounge.net/2009/04/30...ont-retro-70s/

Quote:

Un second maxi puis un album pour début 2010. Enfin une partie de la production du prochain album d’Alizée (oui on ose le dire et on en a pas honte) et un titre - Beagle - sur le prochain Maison Kitsuné 7, The Lucky One.
Quote:

A second maximum and then an album for early 2010. Finally part of the production of the next album Alizée (yes we dare say and was not ashamed) and a title - Beagle - over the next 7 Kitsuné Maison, The Lucky One.

Srbski-kralj 05-01-2009 08:42 PM

I might sound like an idiot or something dont say nothing Ruroshen :), but who is Chateau Marmont?

Toc De Mac 05-01-2009 08:49 PM

I'm not sure either, besides the fact that they are a band... :o

Srbski-kralj 05-01-2009 08:52 PM

Yeah toc that is all i know also lol.

Never heard of them before untill today :)

mavsluver41 05-02-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj (Post 128872)
I might sound like an idiot or something dont say nothing Ruroshen :), but who is Chateau Marmont?

Ooohh :eek:! They seem to be a techno/electronica type group. Here's a sample:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_dP7RrpF-Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_dP7RrpF-Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It seems that Alizée is returning slightly to her pop roots. This collaboration has the potential to amazing :)!

Roman 05-02-2009 04:26 AM

I don't particularly care for that 80's type electronica, but that was kind of cool. If she does do that, I hope they go really heavy on it. That is, that the sound is very dramatic. Still, those thumping repetitive electronic sounding notes really wear on me. I get tired of it quickly. They are so piercing. I do like techno though. She could do something really cool with that.

Rev 05-02-2009 01:19 PM

Chateau Marmont Collaboration

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by SimonH http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/styl...s/viewpost.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Some of the following is exerpted from the above web location (via IE8 translate):

Chateau Marmont, retro 70 ' s / 30.04.2009

.... Finally a part of the production of the next album of Alizée (Yes we can dare say and there no shame) and a title - Beagle - on the next House Kitsuné Music 7, the lucky one.

I wonder if they will actually be contributing to her album, or just doing a couple of remixes for her?

And what is with the "no shame" comment. The fact that they felt the need to say that makes me wonder what was going through their minds (could it be the thinking is that Alizée is not thought of as being "cool")?

And what is with the stern faces - don't these guys know how to smile, or is anger cool these days?

However, in spite of the above comments, I can see why Alizée would partner with them. If done right, there is potential in this collaboration.

...Otherwise the level of your productions is a desire to do a lot of instrumental and thus leave little room to the voice?

Then it is a very good question. We realize that is already easier to topics on the synth lines of singing. It depends on songs that lend. It uses the vocoder because we find that it is a good mixture. On the next Max thought do more chantés pieces. But in any case an estimated be more comfortable on instrumental pieces.

You have some expected remixes?

It just Datarock and Royksopp : the girl & the robot. I am not especially a fan but as that is a little reminiscent of Kylie Minogue which we like much...

I listened to several of their pieces, and was not impressed with most of them - too minimalist (I think Alizée needs warmer pieces). However, the remix of:
Ladyhawke - My Delirium Remix
did a good job of supporting, and not covering, the vocals. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this collaboration.

In the final analysis, if her collaboration with them ends up with a catchy song that flatters her voice getting some club play time it will be very worthwhile.

If she ends up with a song on her album that is very catchy and also flatters her voice and allows her essence to really flow through then even better. :)<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ruroshen 05-02-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 128913)
And what is with the "no shame" comment. The fact that they felt the need to say that makes me wonder what was going through their minds (could it be the thinking is that Alizée is not thought of as being "cool")?

Partially, yeah. I could be wrong, but I suspect the perception of Alizée over there is in large part that she does bubblegum pop geared towards little girls. Fans of Chateau Marmont might naturally look at a collaboration with her and think "WTF"? I think it's a way of reassuring their fans that "yeah, we know...but hey listen, really, this is going to be cool." The wording of it makes it come across as a bit of a backhanded compliment, though. :o

Quote:

I listened to several of their pieces, and was not impressed with most of them - too minimalist (I think Alizée needs warmer pieces). However, the remix of:
did a good job of supporting, and not covering, the vocals. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this collaboration.
I've been listening to them all morning, and I can definitely see why she'd want to work with them. Some of their pieces have a real 80's New Wave vibe to them, like the Ladyhawke remix and Midnight Juggernauts Into the Galaxy (and how do you not love that title?). Most techno I can take or leave, but the majority of the tracks on their MySpace are fairly catchy.

Quote:

In the final analysis, if her collaboration with them ends up with a catchy song that flatters her voice getting some club play time it will be very worthwhile.

If she ends up with a song on her album that is very catchy and also flatters her voice and allows her essence to really flow through then even better. :)<!-- / message -->
Yeah, all we can do is wait and see, but this definitely shows some real promise if you ask me.

Ben 05-02-2009 01:33 PM

Cool. I found these guys' samples a mixed bag. My favorite's the Solar Apex title track, which reminds me of the awesome soundtrack for Cryo's original Dune videogame:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bri4scR81-4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bri4scR81-4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Maybe Lili's next performance should feature Chiptune accompaniment? ;)

<div><object width="480" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x634ph_show-side-a-bit-ball-chip-tune-gb-j_creation&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x634ph_show-side-a-bit-ball-chip-tune-gb-j_creation&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="405" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x634ph_show-side-a-bit-ball-chip-tune-gb-j_creation">Show side a bit Ball Chip tune GB japan expo 2008</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/kira391">kira391</a></i></div>

Junkmale 05-02-2009 03:12 PM

If you like the Chateau Marmont thing please have a look at the video on my last blog post, you'll love it.
Alizee could do worse than giving the girls from Client a quick call.
Now that would be a great collaberation!

SimonH 05-02-2009 05:44 PM

Alizee is "bubblegum" pop & if it was in English I would hate her music just as much as any other pop crap.

Junkmale 05-02-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonH (Post 128933)
Alizee is "bubblegum" pop & if it was in English I would hate her music just as much as any other pop crap.

No offence intended Simon, but judging from some of your comments, i wonder are you a fan at all?

Edcognito 05-02-2009 07:55 PM

I'm just glad she's coming out with another album of AWSOMENESS! :)

/me does a happy dance!

Ed:cool:

Tiwaz 05-02-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 128915)
Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by SimonH http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/styl...s/viewpost.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Some of the following is exerpted from the above web location (via IE8 translate):

Chateau Marmont, retro 70 ' s / 30.04.2009

.... Finally a part of the production of the next album of Alizée (Yes we can dare say and there no shame) and a title - Beagle - on the next House Kitsuné Music 7, the lucky one.

I wonder if they will actually be contributing to her album, or just doing a couple of remixes for her?

And what is with the stern faces - don't these guys know how to smile, or is anger cool these days?

However, in spite of the above comments, I can see why Alizée would partner with them. If done right, there is potential in this collaboration.

...Otherwise the level of your productions is a desire to do a lot of instrumental and thus leave little room to the voice?

Then it is a very good question. We realize that is already easier to topics on the synth lines of singing. It depends on songs that lend. It uses the vocoder because we find that it is a good mixture. On the next Max thought do more chantés pieces. But in any case an estimated be more comfortable on instrumental pieces.

You have some expected remixes?

It just Datarock and Royksopp : the girl & the robot. I am not especially a fan but as that is a little reminiscent of Kylie Minogue which we like much...

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

teah i think alizée neeeed more like Baass. psyyckeddeealsi haaave niiiccee songs but they feel kind of flat. more bass n stuff

Srbski-kralj 05-02-2009 11:33 PM

the techno thing is cool,if someone came up to me and made me listen to techno couple months ago i would have refused it, but right now im being itroduced to it by one of the guys at work. Honestly Hungarian Techno is sick lol.

Ben 05-03-2009 01:01 AM

Gourmandises and MCE were pretty "bubblegum" (though good), but she started to move away from that with Psychédélices, and it sounds like she plans to even more with this disc (just by being a concept album if nothing else). A major reason for her lack of success in France is the public's failure to perceive this, though, which is probably why Chateau Marmont felt the need to say that.