Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Misc. Alizée Questions! (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4918)

wasabi622 08-23-2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 137830)
Choreography can be copyrighted, but I don't know the details. I would imagine Mylene and/or her collaborators created the JEAM dance.

Alizée never had rights to the Mylene era songs. The only thing Alizée would have rights to is her performance of the songs on the sound recording. The rights to the songs themselves are controlled by the writers and the publishing company, in this case MB/LB. Of course these rights can be further reasigned by written contract. That doesn't mean Alizée can't perform them. It just means she would have to pay the appropriate fee for each song she uses.

wow, that's a bit ridiculous!

i mean, if the artist is the one who goes out and performs the songs and gets people to buy them.. shouldn't it be "theirs"??

id find it so frustrating to be a singer and NOT be able to "own" my own songs.

oh well, that's just my naive thinking. :D

Ben 08-23-2009 03:13 AM

^ Dunno about that, I think it makes sense for composers and writers to own their songs. I mean, in recent years Julien Dore's sold more copies of Moi Lolita than Alizée has... should the song now belong to him?

TheBarrett 08-23-2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 137916)
wow, that's a bit ridiculous!

i mean, if the artist is the one who goes out and performs the songs and gets people to buy them.. shouldn't it be "theirs"??

id find it so frustrating to be a singer and NOT be able to "own" my own songs.

oh well, that's just my naive thinking. :D

Technically those who write the songs own it.
Performers are just that, performers, they are hired to perform the songs written.

Many musicians tend to be songwriters/performers, so that they can extend the rights to their songs. Songs can be attributed to bands as well.
Take Pink Floyd as an example. Roger Waters could've claimed all of his songs his own when he quit, meaning the band Pink Floyd would have not been allowed to play those songs because it was written by "Roger Waters" and later claimed by him.
Legality is a bitch. :p

edgar93 08-23-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 137930)
^ Dunno about that, I think it makes sense for composers and writers to own their songs. I mean, in recent years Julien Dore's sold more copies of Moi Lolita than Alizée has... should the song now belong to him?

you mean he has sold more copies than Alizée has in a certain period of time right Ben :eek:?
Not that in recent years he has sold more than Alizée has done in all her career :eek:?

Amigo! 08-23-2009 03:22 AM

Once again everyone forgets espire in all this. (inside joke :p)

wasabi622 08-23-2009 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 137930)

how so?! does he remix them? or does he just sing them like Alizee did for La Isla Bonita?

speaking of which, no one has answered this question: the remixes for JEAM, JPVA and such, are they simply fanmade nonofficial stuff, or actually legit stuff endorsed(or whatever) by Alizee?

TheBarrett 08-23-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigo! (Post 137942)
Once again everyone forgets espire in all this. (inside joke :p)

LOL.
I remember when I dubbed him his now cult related title.
What happened to him, I missed his irony. :(

Ben 08-23-2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgar93 (Post 137938)
you mean he has sold more copies than Alizée has in a certain period of time right Ben :eek:?
Not that in recent years he has sold more than Alizée has done in all her career :eek:?

In a certain time period, right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 137943)
how so?! does he remix them? or does he just sing them like Alizee did for La Isla Bonita?

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=137616
There's actually an interesting story that he wanted to change the lyrics, but Mylene wouldn't let him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 137943)
speaking of which, no one has answered this question: the remixes for JEAM, JPVA and such, are they simply fanmade nonofficial stuff, or actually legit stuff endorsed(or whatever) by Alizee?

Depends which you're talking about? Here's a list of most pre-Psych official stuff:
http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/en/discography/english

user472884 08-24-2009 02:51 AM

pay no attention here,

really, don't

nah I'm joking

Is there any news on a possible second child? I remember hearing about that on the Cauet video.

Vorock 08-24-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 138051)
pay no attention here,

really, don't

nah I'm joking

Is there any news on a possible second child? I remember hearing about that on the Cauet video.

Second child. O.o now that will be huge but I haven't heard anything about that.

Criss_pl 08-24-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 138051)

She said that she wants to have 2 childs, but she didn't said when. One day she decide to have a child I'm sure about it, but I don't think that she decide to having second child now.

Fyrel 08-24-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criss_pl (Post 138068)
She said that she wants to have 2 childs, but she didn't said when. One day she decide to have a child I'm sure about it, but I don't think that she decide to having second child now.

She said possibly after the tour, so it could be around now. Maybe she's going to delay that to focus on this album more, or maybe she's going to do both at once. Who knows?

Srbski-kralj 08-24-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyrel (Post 138088)
She said possibly after the tour, so it could be around now. Maybe she's going to delay that to focus on this album more, or maybe she's going to do both at once. Who knows?

yeah Im with u on that one, but who are we to judge when she sould have a child that up to her and Jeremy. But wahtever they decide we still love her lol.

pepelepew 08-25-2009 01:51 AM

If I were Jeremy I would be practicing several times a day at producing another child lol!

Ruroshen 08-25-2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepelepew (Post 138119)
If I were Jeremy I would be practicing several times a day at producing another child lol!

/rimshot :p

TheBarrett 08-25-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Pepe serves yet another dish of awesomeness. :)

Criss_pl 08-25-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

:D
Awesome:)
But you aren't Jeremy, so it's a good news for Lili:) could you ever imagine, when we would see her new album if... :p

[viciousness]
But now we're waiting for album, plenty of new photos and videos of our Lili, so she can't do it to us. We want to see her on tour, in interviews...
[/viciosness]

Vorock 08-25-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Come on now... let's not be like that.
But, if was Jeremy I would never sleep, I would just stare at Alizée sleeping all night long.

Criss_pl 08-25-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorock (Post 138133)
But, if was Jeremy I would never sleep, I would just stare at Alizée sleeping all night long.

I don't think you could JUST stare all the time. And I think also that it could be dangerous for your eyes, remember that she radiates with blinding aura, you could get blind if you stare all the time on her:). And come on, there are plenty of things you could (and most likely would) do (not only what you all think:)).
Maybe we should start new topic: What will I do if I were Jeremy...

Jenny_HRO87 08-25-2009 12:20 PM

I have a question - from which interview is the line form Vorock's signature?

Quote:

"J'aime les garçons à être doux et aimant. Mais la qualité la plus importante pour moi est la fidélité. Un garçon infidèle n'est pas un garçon pour moi."
and btw she's sooo right!

Ruroshen 08-25-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criss_pl (Post 138136)

Ohhhhhhh let's not. Somehow I get the feeling that would really be opening a can of worms... :p

Pjoo 08-25-2009 12:54 PM

I were Jeremy...
...I wouldn't exist, as I'd be Jeremy?
But yeah, maybe it's not the best idea.

I actually, got a real question, does she have a second name? And why the twitter is Mellealizee?

Karlalizee 08-25-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pjoo (Post 138139)
I actually, got a real question, does she have a second name? And why the twitter is Mellealizee?

as for the second or middle name, i will leave that to our team of experts. i can only guess that mellealizee would have reference to her and her song; mademoiselle juliet.

now for my question: where did she get that dress with large heart on the front. i want it. :p

Jenny_HRO87 08-25-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pjoo (Post 138139)

first: she has NO second name... but Jeremy's second name is "Daniel" :p
second: Mellealizee means "Mademoiselle Alizée"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlalizee (Post 138140)
now for my question: where did she get that dress with large heart on the front. i want it. :p

Robe Loving noire à sequins Free For Humanity
http://www.mademoisellealizee.com/im...elovingffh.jpg

buy: http://www.freeforh.com/produit.asp?...cur=978&lng=fr

source: http://www.mademoisellealizee.com/

------------------

btw... what about MY question?:p

Karlalizee 08-25-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRO87 (Post 138145)
Mellealizee means "Mademoiselle Alizée"

mademoiselle is a term used for a young unmarried girl. loosely it means 'my young lady'. that is why i thought it meant for her song and not alizee herself. :cool:

btw: thanks for the tip on where to find that dress :wub:

Jenny_HRO87 08-25-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlalizee (Post 138148)
mademoiselle is a term used for a young unmarried girl. loosely it means 'my young lady'. that is why i thought it meant for her song and not alizee herself. :cool:

yeah Mademoiselle is originally for a young unmarried woman but it's common in France for every young woman if she's married or not...

and you're welcome... btw I don't like that dress that much... ;)

Vorock 08-25-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criss_pl (Post 138136)
I don't think you could JUST stare all the time. And I think also that it could be dangerous for your eyes, remember that she radiates with blinding aura, you could get blind if you stare all the time on her:). And come on, there are plenty of things you could (and most likely would) do (not only what you all think:)).

Worth it.

I found the quote from one of the Russian articles about her when I was there.

Chommpers 08-25-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRO87 (Post 138145)
first: she has NO second name... but Jeremy's second name is "Daniel" :p

Wow that is really weird, My first name is Daniel and I have a twin brother who's first name is Jeremy. :blink:

pepelepew 08-26-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

That kind of staring would cause a chronic case of smurf balls if you know what I mean:eek:

wasabi622 08-26-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

that's a bit creepy. can you imagine being Alizee and waking up to you staring at her all freaky like? :p

me personally, id hug her tight and fall asleep as i let out a huge sigh of content. :D

Criss_pl 08-26-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 138204)

me personally, id hug her tight and fall asleep as i let out a huge sigh of content. :D

But not too tight, cuz you could accidentaly damage our Lili:)
But I think I do the same, additionally I would talk with her all the time. (of course I let her sleep when she would be tired of me)

wasabi622 08-26-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criss_pl (Post 138210)
But not too tight, cuz you could accidentaly damage our Lili:)
But I think I do the same, additionally I would talk with her all the time. (of course I let her sleep when she would be tired of me)

hehee, of course. but then again, to be in physical contact with Alizee might cause weakness in me.. not sure how much strength id be able to muster. :p

Criss_pl 08-26-2009 05:17 PM

hehe that's fact I forgotten about. But I think you would get used to her:)
But let's end our fantasies that will never realize. We went off topic. But I can't find any sensible question:) to post

Vorock 08-27-2009 10:28 AM

What is Alizée's favorite movie o.o?

Toc De Mac 08-27-2009 03:18 PM

The first movie that came into my mind when reading this question was Amélie.

Perhaps someone can prove or disprove this ? :o

CFHollister 08-27-2009 04:13 PM

I think Amélie may have been her favorite movie at one point. But I also think there's been quite a bit of time and many new movies since then, so I'd be surprised that some other film(s) have taken its place.

Alex 08-27-2009 04:16 PM

I was thinking the other day, does anyone know what religion is she part of or what are her beliefs?? Or simply she's just nonreligious; who knows XD

Criss_pl 08-27-2009 05:51 PM

At alizee-fanpage.com they wrote that her favourite movie is "The deep blue" by Luc Besson, I dunno if that's true, just informing.
I don't know about religion, but I don't think it's our business:)

BlackAnthem 08-27-2009 06:33 PM

Alizee singing "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" in French. Thoughts and comments, please.

Srbski-kralj 08-27-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAnthem (Post 138286)
Alizee singing "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" in French. Thoughts and comments, please.

never heard it, were can u go to hear it?