Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is Alizée mixed????? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5921)

Criss_pl 08-21-2010 05:04 AM

Yes, Sicilia and Corsica have a lot in common. It's still Mediterranean Sea, and truly saying Corsica may have more to do with Sicilia than Mainland France.
And second yes, everybody is a "mix" of different nationalities; one can be 'pure' German/French, but only to 4-5 generations back. There is always some "foreign element" in the family tree.
I can say that going 5 generations back, all my ancestors are Poles. So I'm quite pure:p

MarkL 08-21-2010 11:31 AM

O man, dont get me started on what I am, I got like 5 diff nationalies going on right now lol.
-Slovenian
-German
-Polish
-Belarus
-Canadian

pepelepew 08-23-2010 01:24 AM

English, Irish, German, Cherokee, Blackfoot Actually I'm an American!:)

user472884 08-23-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepelepew (Post 177755)
English, Irish, German, Cherokee, Blackfoot Actually I'm an American!:)

I just love the concept of "American", and its intangibility

Azhiri 08-23-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkL (Post 177474)
O man, dont get me started on what I am, I got like 5 diff nationalies going on right now lol.
-Slovenian
-German
-Polish
-Belarus
-Canadian

I'm about 70% Polish on my dad's side. My last name is Fabisinski, so it's pretty obvious :p Then, on the same side, I have German and, lucky me, some French! :)

On my mom's side I'm mostly Jewish (in fact, during WW2 my great grandmother was sent to Mauthausen, one of the Nazi concentration camps for Jewish prisoners; she was liberated before long, though, and she survived. Fascinating story, really). I also have Irish blood, and English too because some of my ancestors arrived on the Mayflower.

dwightks 08-23-2010 02:42 AM

It's cool how everyone here has a bit of many different nationalities. I was born in the United States but my blood is pure Indian (asian not native american) for at least 10 generations, probably even longer than that.

user472884 08-23-2010 03:53 AM

I'm a full 50% (ha) first generation Korean (daddy born in South Korea)

and on my mom's side... I'm a cluster-fuck mess of Western European blood

The most interesting result? Hair. I have kinda-curly hair (if I grow it out), lots of leg/arm/chest/etc hair (which is all jet-black), very asian facial hair, but the muttonchops of an Irishman

and also I can (and have) eaten kimchi jjigae and coddle in the same sitting, but I find the former much more interesting.

FanDeAliFee 08-23-2010 05:19 AM

Spelling lesson

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhiri (Post 177762)
Mathausen

It is spelled Mauthausen. In German, Mauthaus means toll house. The origin of the name is self-evident from the town's location at the confluence of the Danube and its tributary, the Enns. (Enns is also the name of the biggest nearby city.) The natural strategic value of this general area made it the site of a giant military camp in Imperial Roman times, named Lauriacum.

Zeerre 08-23-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdtv (Post 177775)
It is spelled Mauthausen. In German, Mauthaus means toll house. The origin of the name is self-evident from the town's location at the confluence of the Danube and its tributary, the Enns. (Enns is also the name of the biggest nearby city.) The natural strategic value of this general area made it the site of a giant military camp in Imperial Roman times, named Lauriacum.

Azhiri 08-23-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdtv (Post 177775)

Oops! Mad typo on my part. Thanks for the fun facts too, hehe. Learn something new every day, right? :)