Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Songs people skip... (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5846)

User22 07-25-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 174308)
I only skip En Concert... it's a visual experience

You can't even just listen to the Marimba and heavy strings at the start of JEAM En Concert?

Ray4AJ 06-23-2013 08:42 PM

Ok, so here is an interesting old thread that newer members might not have seen. With the new album out maybe some of the old members might want to update the thread.

Welcome to my world... I listen to Alizée's music exclusively and don't skip any of her songs. 13-14 months straight now. All 5 albums, (MCE w/English versions) (Psychedelices w/LIB) and the En Concert CD are loaded into my players and set to play all in random order. (Yeah, some songs come through 2 or 3 times in each rotation.) Sometimes I'll repeat a song that just played. Sometimes I almost skip Abracadabra but I never have. But I do find my mind drifting away from the song while it's playing sometimes. I love the slow songs from the old days as much as the newer songs.

I did switch it to just "5" for a while this weekend, I wanted to focus on those songs a bit to get to know them better.

Merci Alizée 06-23-2013 11:24 PM

Moi... Lolita, JEAM and JPVA
ACDLA
Limelight
Les Collines

Chuck 06-24-2013 12:46 AM

MA, you skip all those? Wow. Why, may I ask?

If I'm skipping any songs, they're usually Abracadabra, Youpidou, La Candida, or Factory Girl. Or one of the songs that was poorly translated into English.

On 'Cinq', just like with 'Psych', I can't complain about a single song. My only complaint is that the whole album's too short! :dontknow:

george007 06-24-2013 04:48 AM

I normally listen to her songs while i'm working. So i don't stop my work to skip a song. I just let them play in order. And, i don't know why, but I like all the songs in UEDS. One song that i would like to skip is Mademoiselle Juliette because i find it rather different from other Alizée songs.

Chuck 06-24-2013 06:00 PM

Hi George, and welcome to the only forum that matters!

Yeah, sometimes I've skipped M.J. too, just cuz it's so samey.

Merci Alizée 06-24-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 243331)
MA, you skip all those? Wow. Why, may I ask?

If I'm skipping any songs, they're usually Abracadabra, Youpidou, La Candida, or Factory Girl. Or one of the songs that was poorly translated into English.

On 'Cinq', just like with 'Psych', I can't complain about a single song. My only complaint is that the whole album's too short! :dontknow:

I'm not sure why I do that. I skip those songs which were released as singles. Probably because I had already listened to those songs many times separately. Another reason may be that these songs remind me of videos. When I play the album I'm more inclined to less popular and slow songs. These days I listen to 5 only.

There is always an urge to skip these songs and play songs like L'email a des ailes, L'effet, Psychedelices, Amelie m'a dit, Veni Vidi vici, Hey Amigo, Idealiser.

Fall 09-13-2018 08:56 AM

:sigh:
Charles est stone :banned:

There are several of her songs that I had to get used to, and in time they grew on me. But I can count on one hand the number of times I've listened to Charles est stone. It's just not for me. :no:

Rev 09-13-2018 09:05 PM

Charles est stone

One of the ones I wish she had done, and prerecorded, so she could dance with Greg during it. :)