Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Alizée's Favorite Singer Performing at the Superbowl Halftime (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6818)

Bigdan 02-05-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake04 (Post 218549)
That's nice. We need more exposure from French artists here in the US. French actor Jean Dujardin of "The Artist" has been making a name for himself here as well. I saw him on several tv shows promoting his film. Hopefuly, this will lead to more people checking out other French artists, including of course, Alizee! :D

http://danbousq.perso.sfr.fr/post/3french.jpg

I like the idea... :)

Tchaikovsky 02-05-2012 10:48 PM

So what did everyone else think of the show? I loved it :D

User22 02-05-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky (Post 218589)

Hands down the best halftime show choreography-wise. The opening to it was simply epic!!!

Taxi Driver Aaron 02-05-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 218595)
Hands down the best halftime show choreography-wise. The opening to it was simply epic!!!

It was the best halftime show since Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction!.... and before that there hasn't been a good one since Michael Jackson's performance where he disappeared from the stage and reappeared in the stands... that was cool.

Taxi Driver Aaron 02-05-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky (Post 218589)

I loved it!

WhiteFeather 02-06-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee (Post 218506)
Interesting that Alizee would say something like that about Lady Gaga. I personally like a few of her songs, but what's so bad about her? She dresses unusual. Yeah, so? And you don't really know what she's like as a person. She can legitimately sing, plays piano, and she's a pretty refreshing taste to the pop genre. I don't see what would make someone dislike an artist because of who they are.

And she's weird?
We're all fucking weird.

1. I'm not hugely into pop. Alizée is my first pop artist, and that list will probably not get much larger. Her (Lady Gaga's) music is just eh; nothing that I'd willingly listen to.

2. She may be able to sing and play the piano, but that doesn't mean I like her voice. There are a lot of artists that have the ability to sing very well, I just don't like them.

3. Her appearance is very off-putting to me personally. I don't care for women who whore themselves onstage to try to get a reaction. It's all for shock value with her and frankly I don't like that kind of thing. And "unusual" would be an understatement in my book.

4. Yes, we are all weird in our own way. But you don't see me dancing around on stage in a freaking meat suit. Call me old fashioned, but I'm a little more conservative than that.

5. I just don't like her. Don't take it personally, but there's something about her I just do not like.

Anyways...

The half-time show? From what I saw of it, it was okay. Better than the BEP, but honestly I see the half-time show as a waste of time. I usually just go in the other room and do other things until the game is back on.

SaintÀlizee 02-14-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteFeather (Post 218630)
1. I'm not hugely into pop. Alizée is my first pop artist, and that list will probably not get much larger. Her (Lady Gaga's) music is just eh; nothing that I'd willingly listen to.

2. She may be able to sing and play the piano, but that doesn't mean I like her voice. There are a lot of artists that have the ability to sing very well, I just don't like them.

3. Her appearance is very off-putting to me personally. I don't care for women who whore themselves onstage to try to get a reaction. It's all for shock value with her and frankly I don't like that kind of thing. And "unusual" would be an understatement in my book.

4. Yes, we are all weird in our own way. But you don't see me dancing around on stage in a freaking meat suit. Call me old fashioned, but I'm a little more conservative than that.

5. I just don't like her. Don't take it personally, but there's something about her I just do not like.

Understood somewhat. I do think that she trys too hard to be "different". I don't think she's necessarily whoring herself out. To be fair, Alizee did Jeam in a pretty sexy outfit, that being when she was only 18. I'm not saying Alizee was whoring out, but what I am saying is that as a stage performer, being female, I guess there aren't too many boundaries that don't cross. She got the eye of the public. They are performers, so. Yeah, she's over the top, but I still think she's vastly more talented and genuine than many of the other pop smucks in today's generation, that being Lady Gaga.

WhiteFeather 02-14-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee (Post 219306)
Understood somewhat. I do think that she trys too hard to be "different". I don't think she's necessarily whoring herself out. To be fair, Alizee did Jeam in a pretty sexy outfit, that being when she was only 18. I'm not saying Alizee was whoring out, but what I am saying is that as a stage performer, being female, I guess there aren't too many boundaries that don't cross. She got the eye of the public. They are performers, so. Yeah, she's over the top, but I still think she's vastly more talented and genuine than many of the other pop smucks in today's generation, that being Lady Gaga.

I agree. Although I'd say while Alizée was sexy, Lady Gaga tends to be more vulgar in her "sexiness". Compare the two and Alizée was dressed like an Amish woman on a Sunday in church.

But yes, most singers today seem too preoccupied in the "sexy" look, that a lot of the times, they neglect to develop their actual talent. Which is one of the reasons I enjoy classic rock. Most bands look like crap, and instead focus on their music.

Taxi Driver Aaron 03-04-2012 01:38 AM

Madonna's latest single "Girl Gone Wild" was just released yesterday...