Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   You know you're an Alizée fan when... (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4606)

FanDeAliFee 02-09-2010 03:16 AM

About "Memory of a Québec Christmas: My dinner with Archimbaud"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepwaters (Post 150983)
Also not a new one. It goes back to the 1970s in the original, and it was "F___ Nixon" in Henry Kissinger's [u____] and Pat Nixon's handwriting.

As it happens, not only is my story TRUE, but it was even FORETOLD in a famous prophesy CENTURIES earlier by someone I was informed (by often-reliable sources) is my ancestor (albeit through an unfortunate and very embarrassing incident), the illustrious Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen!

That would seem to make the latter-day author of the supposed joke to which Deepwaters refers someone who, shall we say, is not averse to adapting ancient stories to new contexts. Of course that is hardly a crime; it made Walt Disney richer than he would otherwise have been. And it keeps alive the memory of unusual adventures beyond the tenure of people who have already lived most of their lives.

One should remember that many readers here are not even as old as Alizée, and may not yet know enough never to eat yellow snow: it is rarely lemon granita from Corsica's Mediterranean neighbor Sicily! Part of growing up is learning to discern the serious from the jocular and the verifiable from the fabulous, even in the absence of complete evidence, which we poor mortals are rarely privileged to enjoy. Could it be that it will now prove even harder to sell time-shares of the Brooklyn Bridge to our friends wasabi622, Tomtentp, among others?

But I must confess I am in fact beyond the trauma of the story I told: I am always delighted to hear about new ways in which the name of Alizée is celebrated, in snow or other media, and even on Mexican telenovelas!

P.S. C'est pas ma faute: I doubt very much I would have even consented to tell my story, but for Ruroshen's pointed reaction to the simple factual observation I made which he cites.

user472884 02-09-2010 04:02 AM

wow, this thread suddenly got WAY more confusing than a teenaged girl's gossip.

Doc, are you feeling alright?

Tomtentp 02-09-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdtv (Post 151023)
As it happens, not only is my story TRUE, but it was even FORETOLD in a famous prophesy CENTURIES earlier by someone I was informed (by often-reliable sources) is my ancestor (albeit through an unfortunate and very embarrassing incident), the illustrious Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen!

That would seem to make the latter-day author of the supposed joke to which Deepwaters refers someone who, shall we say, is not averse to adapting ancient stories to new contexts. Of course that is hardly a crime; it made Walt Disney richer than he would otherwise have been. And it keeps alive the memory of unusual adventures beyond the tenure of people who have already lived most of their lives.

One should remember that many readers here are not even as old as Alizée, and may not yet know enough never to eat yellow snow: it is rarely lemon granita from Corsica's Mediterranean neighbor Sicily! Part of growing up is learning to discern the serious from the jocular and the verifiable from the fabulous, even in the absence of complete evidence, which we poor mortals are rarely privileged to enjoy. Could it be that it will now prove even harder to sell time-shares of the Brooklyn Bridge to our friends wasabi622, Tomtentp, among others?

But I must confess I am in fact beyond the trauma of the story I told: I am always delighted to hear about new ways in which the name of Alizée is celebrated, in snow or other media, and even on Mexican telenovelas!

P.S. C'est pas ma faute: I doubt very much I would have even consented to tell my story, but for Ruroshen's pointed reaction to the simple factual observation I made which he cites.

There is actually a character for irony, namely the irony mark.
Looks like this: ؟
The day we add it to the standard keyboard layout is the day forum communication will become so much more effecient :p

Människöpesten 02-09-2010 07:31 PM

i'm confused.

paintballpdh19 02-09-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdan (Post 150979)
it's a joke. A stupid one.:rolleyes:

Lol I get it... Very funny

Rev 02-09-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdtv (Post 151023)

I have never heard such an insegrevious line of ____ before.

FanDeAliFee 02-10-2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 151078)
I have never heard such an insegrevious line of ____ before.

As Tevye(+) famously said in Fiddler on the Roof:
<blockquote><i>How often does a man get a compliment like that?</i></blockquote>(+) He was the guy who dreamed of being so rich he had two En Concert shoes: one just for going up, and another just for going down!

Tomtentp 02-11-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdtv (Post 151087)
As Tevye(+) famously said in Fiddler on the Roof:
<blockquote><i>How often does a man get a compliment like that?</i></blockquote>(+) He was the guy who dreamed of being so rich he had two En Concert shoes: one just for going up, and another just for going down!

Damn I should've brought one of your posts today when I was trying to describe the psychadelic effects on a brain being subject to LSD :p

user472884 02-11-2010 09:11 PM

YKYAAF when you hear your laptop say "You have an email from Alizée" and almost shit yourself

wasabi622 02-11-2010 10:27 PM

-You know you're an Alizée fan when in physics, someone abbreviates acceleration as "acc" and your mind instantly jumps to A Contre Courant.