Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Split] Video Capturing Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234)

aFrenchie 01-16-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMJ (Post 25331)
Try what those other two modes does. LP and EP. Does they effect neither.

Just tried again by selecting LP before copying and I have 52,080,640 again. Looks like the program ignores the mode I select for the DVD. That selection must be only for recording directly to the DVD while copying takes into account the mode recorded on the HDD. Strange though. And that doesn't explain why the size of Jacquou looks like it's XP too on the DVD, yet in SP on the HDD (I verified its properties too)
I'll have to see that in the manual but it's huge and I'm quite lazy right now :D.

RMJ 01-16-2007 03:26 PM

I'm bit lost now... Is the sample you send XP or SP ?

And yea, I don't think those options effects when you are copying from HDD to DVD and vice versa. They are just recording settings (or atleast I'd assume so).

aFrenchie 01-16-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMJ (Post 25338)
I'm bit lost now... Is the sample you send XP or SP ?

I don't know myself! :D
What I can tell you is that if I read their properties on the HDD:
- Jacquou is recorded in SP
- the 45 sec clip is recorded in XP

BUT I don't know what's done exactly when I burn each of them on the DVD. In both cases, according to their size / duration, it seems that they are both in XP (do you agree with my calculation above?). Well the size of Jacquou should be a bit larger though, around 203 MB.
When doing tests with the 45 sec clip, I had the same size when selecting either SP, XP or LP, so it seems that the program takes into account the mode recorded on the HDD when copying. But why was the Jacquou clip size about between SP and XP on the DVD?
I'm here myself (before I open the manual) :D

brad 01-16-2007 04:54 PM

I think we should just buy aFrenchie a video capture card... i will throw in at least $50 on it. he deserves a gift from us (or me at least) anyway.

edit:
i have an anonymous FTP setup at alizeeamerica.com (no login info needed) if you have an ftp client, you can connect there and upload as much as you want.. it will work on the main domain as soon as i migrate the website to the new server.

if you have any problems, just disable passive mode on your ftp client

aFrenchie 01-16-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad (Post 25343)
I think we should just buy aFrenchie a video capture card... i will throw in at least $50 on it. he deserves a gift from us (or me at least) anyway.

Hehe thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't want to learn another device again :D
Anyway the image quality I uploaded is excellent for me (from DVD or once edited). What do you think of them???

brad 01-16-2007 05:03 PM

oh yeah they look great :)

i just want to make it as easy as possible for you, if you need me to buy you some blank dvds or something let me know :)

aFrenchie 01-16-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad (Post 25345)
i just want to make it as easy as possible for you, if you need me to buy you some blank dvds or something let me know

That's kind of you Brad! But it's not a problem for me, thank you :)
And maybe I'll have absorbed all the manual and will master the recorder before Alizée's back. Anyway I think the result is good enough already...

RMJ 01-16-2007 06:41 PM

Umm, the quality is pretty good but it's not as good as it should be.

The shorter clip was maybe tiny bit better than the longer. At least it looked bit sharper.

But they both seems to have visible artifacts. I dunno if the broadcast was bad (too high compress) or what caused that... maybe it's just the re-encoding.

You should really try out settings lil more to see if you can get the image sharper. Try to record directly to DVD with XP settings enabled.Then we can't be sure that the HDD -> DVD transfer won't effect the quality.

cane17 01-16-2007 10:53 PM

I have the setups and people i know to rec live videos of her and put it on here but the only thing i don't have is French T.V. Networks.lol but ill be ready when she comes on MTV,VH1 and Fuse maybe.:)

aFrenchie 01-17-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMJ (Post 25349)
Try to record directly to DVD with XP settings enabled.Then we can't be sure that the HDD -> DVD transfer won't effect the quality.

Here's a new clip I've recorded directly on the DVD in XP mode:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3nnthn2tgmy
(you should recognize Laurent Boyer of "Graines de Stars" introducing the singer Emma Daumas)

The VOB file is 51,132,416 for 45 sec, so it seems to be the same than the 2nd one I sent, but around the right size for an hour on a DVD-R 4.7 (XP).