Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mylene Farmer (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2587)

olympia 10-08-2007 07:47 PM

Mylene Farmer

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site, and a very big fan of Alizee!!
But as I explained in my introductory message, thanks to her, I also grew a tremendous admiration for Mylene Farmer!!!

I know this is probably not the right place, but could anyone give me more information on Mylene?? It's just hard to find sites like this, in English, to find out more about her.

I have most of her music and loveeeee it... and I've read a couple of biographies... but I would a like a French version of the facts... how she's regarded overthere, what she's up to currently, what she's famous for, controversies, etc.

I hate to think that waiting time between any news from her is like 4 or 5 years... since that's about how much time she takes to come up with new music!!

Anyways, anyone who could help me with this info request?? If not, no problem... I understand this is an Alizee website, not Mylene's... but I hope it doesn't bother anyone.

Thanks!!

By the way, Mademoiselle Juliette rockssssss!

c-dawg777 10-08-2007 07:50 PM

Ask Amelie, she'll have all you want to know.

CFHollister 10-08-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-dawg777 (Post 69280)
Ask Amelie, she'll have all you want to know.

Word:cool:...

Cooney 10-08-2007 08:51 PM

Hello, and welcome to the site! Glad you've found the joy of Alizée's work, as well as Mylène's. I'm personally not certain of what the best places to find Mylène info in English are, but as the others said, we have a member named "Amelie" who is a huge fan, and who may show up to assist :-)

heyamigo 10-08-2007 09:01 PM

there certainly aren't many english mylene sites, the only active place for discussion i can think of is MFI at www.mf-international.com. the only other english site i know is libnet at http://libnet.wuggleworld.com/. i also admire mylene farmer's work very much, so you will get a big welcome from me. ;)

WELCOME!!:)

espire 10-08-2007 09:02 PM

There's a nice-sized Mylène community buzzing at MFI: http://www.mf-international.com/viewforum.php?f=5

olympia 10-08-2007 09:04 PM

yeah, I found this forum u mentioned... and actually on my first readings I've run across some posts from a certain Amelie, whom I presume might be the same u mentioned.

garçoncanadien 10-08-2007 10:14 PM

also send me emails im a big fan too ;) lets chat sometime hehe

Steven0022 10-09-2007 12:13 AM

Haha I saw this post and I said Amelie is that you lol. Weird when that is the first thought that crosses your mind when you here Mylene Farmer lol. Amelie is one of the biggest fans of hers I know so thats your girl to go to for this one bro haha. :cool: Amelie you go GIRL!!! :wub:

heyamigo 10-09-2007 01:21 AM

yea amelie and mylene are pals! :cool: she writes her letters and she said she even got something back from her!:wub:

Amelie 10-09-2007 12:35 PM

God God God, this is MY sphare! i am trully one of the biggest Mylene's adorers in the world xD ask me anything, i know really a lot about this little lovely girl. yeah, people here really knows me well haha xD write me a pm, Olympia, if you want and also, welcome! ;] :wub: :wub: :wub:
(P.S, yes i have sent two letters to her, one last year and i got her response :wub: :wub: :wub: and i have sent another recently.) or you don't have to write a pm, just write here :) btw i am not only one here who likes Mymy, but i am 100% sure that i am her biggest fan of this forum. kisses people, you are sweet x]***

Luc 10-09-2007 12:59 PM

Welcome to the forum olympia :) Glad you found Amelie, she's definitely the biggest Mylène fan of this forum and probably one of the biggest fans in the world :D
I'm also fan of Mylène, and like you I got interested in her because of the music she wrote for Alizée.

Ben 10-09-2007 03:33 PM

I'm a big Mylene fan as well. Getting to see her live in Paris (even among the first few rows once, after waiting 11 hours in line) was a top lifetime experience! I'd go into more detail, but you can find my posts on MFI too. I'll just recommend the 2CD "Les Mots" best-of if you're starting out, and the DVD collections of her music videos if you like those (Volume 1, comprising most of her Laurent directed clips, is amazing).

https://jshare.johnshopkins.edu/bfra...2/100_0949.jpg

olympia 10-09-2007 07:23 PM

Nice to finally meet you Amelie... I've heard tons about you in just a day I've been officially introduced to the forum!!! And believe me, I'm gonna be asking lots and lots of questions...

For starters... are you serious you got a response from her??? Wow... would die to see that!!

Like I said before, I really like your banner Luc... how funny we got introduced to Mylene through Alizee, instead of the other way around!!

And Snatcher... wow and wowwww!! I can only imagine what it feels like to be in one of her concerts!!! Must have been a crazy, out-of-this world experience!!! As far as her music, I gotta say I just downloaded most of her songs recently and am currently going through every piece of music from her that I can find. I ordered her DVDs together with Alizee, and I'm still waiting... although I'm gonna have to do some wonders to get to see them since they're Region 2....

heyamigo 10-09-2007 09:18 PM

dang snatcher where do you find all this money to go to french concerts?!?! i'm extremely jealous...

espire 10-09-2007 09:30 PM

While on the topic...

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8855/mylnejt8.gif

What do you think, Amelie?

rcs 10-09-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 69458)
I'm a big Mylene fan as well. Getting to see her live in Paris (even among the first few rows once, after waiting 11 hours in line) was a top lifetime experience! I'd go into more detail, but you can find my posts on MFI too. I'll just recommend the 2CD "Les Mots" best-of if you're starting out, and the DVD collections of her music videos if you like those (Volume 1, comprising most of her Laurent directed clips, is amazing).

https://jshare.johnshopkins.edu/bfra...2/100_0949.jpg

Which one is you Snatcher?

Steven0022 10-09-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espire (Post 69560)
While on the topic...

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8855/mylnejt8.gif

What do you think, Amelie?

Haha I think that is awesome espire nice job!!! You get a gold star!!!

olympia 10-09-2007 11:42 PM

Hey... any guesses on when Mylene would be coming back with new music?? I hate to think I'll have to wait years!!!

marik 10-10-2007 12:27 AM

Welocme to the site olympia! glad you find us! and glad you found Amelie here! :)

Cooney 10-10-2007 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olympia (Post 69509)
Nice to
For starters... are you serious you got a response from her??? Wow... would die to see that!!

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1265

There's the thread where she told us :-)

Joey_adore_Jung 10-10-2007 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olympia (Post 69509)
Nice to finally meet you Amelie... I've heard tons about you in just a day I've been officially introduced to the forum!!! And believe me, I'm gonna be asking lots and lots of questions...

Olympia she'll have no problem answering them she is the Mylene Master of the site, and one of the Photoshop Masta's here as well pretty good singer.

Side note: your should really see Cooney do the Youpidoo dance, or i think it was Cooney

fsquared 10-10-2007 01:36 AM

Yes, it was Cooney, and yes, he can definitely bust it out.

CFHollister 10-10-2007 02:13 AM

I've seen him do it, twice ;)

Joey_adore_Jung 10-10-2007 02:14 AM

Argh i checked Youtube, and the the Thread containing Cooney's dance and it's gone now! :(

heyamigo 10-10-2007 02:33 AM

it was probably flagged inappropriate. :D :D

marik 10-10-2007 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyamigo (Post 69654)

yeah totally right :)

Joey_adore_Jung 10-10-2007 03:19 AM

i'm betting Cooney might avoid this thread for awhile. or well it's just a feeling.

Amelie 10-10-2007 12:07 PM

wooooow, Snatcher, f*** i am sooo jealous!!! i hope she will make another tour because otherwise i'll die :( :( :( i am sure, she gave you a lot of emotions, because, eh, i watched the DVD and she gave me so many so strong emotions :wub: it's amazing how she does that :wub: she is totally magical woman (my girl).
Olympia, she won't come back with new music soon (:( ) because she is starring in a movie "L'ombre des autres" created by her very good friend-writer Natalie Rheims
and Olympia, nice to meet you too :)

olympia 10-10-2007 05:48 PM

Thanks 4 the link cooney... sadly I didn't get to see ur video dancing youpidou!! :(

I saw your autograph Amelie... pretty cool!!

I had heard about a movie... any idea what it is about or when this is supposed to happen??

RadioactiveMan 10-10-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyhehe (Post 69650)
Argh i checked Youtube, and the the Thread containing Cooney's dance and it's gone now! :(

They're still up. www.youtube.com/mooman5000

Cooney 10-10-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyamigo (Post 69654)

Hahaha, BY ME!

Actually not, but that's funny that they're gone :-P

I'm not ashamed of them, but I don't make a point of spreading them around ::Grins::

RadioactiveMan 10-10-2007 05:52 PM

If you don't show them off how do you expect to meet girls?

CFHollister 10-10-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooney (Post 69763)
Hahaha, BY ME!

Actually not, but that's funny that they're gone :-P

I'm not ashamed of them, but I don't make a point of spreading them around ::Grins::

Actually, I'm sure we could get nurv to post them again. :D Then Rocket could launch a MySpace promotional campaign and perhaps we could bring it to Her Grace's attention herself. :eek:

olympia 10-10-2007 06:06 PM

hehe... I just watched them... awesome!! did u by any chance train with her choreographer or something?? ;)

Cooney 10-11-2007 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan (Post 69764)
If you don't show them off how do you expect to meet girls?

Uhhh... I daresay drawing attention to those is a good way NOT to meet girls :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFHollister (Post 69768)
Actually, I'm sure we could get nurv to post them again. :D Then Rocket could launch a MySpace promotional campaign and perhaps we could bring it to Her Grace's attention herself. :eek:

I am blessed in that the camera isn't showing my feet, which were not exactly doing what they were supposed to be :-P The hands part is easy enough. I'll leave the promotionals to Alizée, and keep my eye out for background dancer audtions :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by olympia (Post 69770)
hehe... I just watched them... awesome!! did u by any chance train with her choreographer or something?? ;)

Haha, no. Its been a couple years since I did any real dance stuff. That was just messing around with a bit of wine in me :-)

olympia 11-16-2007 03:13 PM

What does she say about Alizee towards the end?? Sorry, don't understand much French!! Can anyone help?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oseyqMA1or8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oseyqMA1or8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

garçoncanadien 11-16-2007 03:48 PM

"I want to address myself to Alizée and tell her that I am very very proud of her tonight"

-M. Farmer

olympia 11-16-2007 04:11 PM

Thank you very much for the translation garconcanadien... in what context did she say it? I mean, was Alizee nominated also, or she said it just in a general sense??

garçoncanadien 11-16-2007 04:44 PM

nop it was just a random statement i think
maybe she knew Alizée was receiving a big award tonight, and wanted to congratulate her ahead of time (or again after the award).