Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   The AAm Project (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   [2010-03-29] Scruffydog Updates from AAm Autograph Session (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5492)

Edcognito 03-28-2010 12:19 PM

[2010-03-29] Scruffydog Updates from AAm Autograph Session

ORIGINAL POST HERE: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...&postcount=259

Well I left for the airport Saturday around 3pm. It felt like I was driving above the road, not on it. A very surreal feeling. Couldn't believe I was on my way to Paris for a private meeting with Alizee. As you know, I'm an airline employee. When we travel, it's on a standby basis. If the planes full you dont fly. Well Air France has a way of checking how full their flights are that I didn't really trust. It showed the flight as being green, which is a good thing. Well I walked up to their ticket counter and the ticket agent said the flight was full. My heart sank. Couldn't believe it but I should have expected it because saturday is one of the worst days to fly on a standby basis. I was worried sick. I still had another day to get over there, but if a plane the next day had to cancel at the last moment, I'd be screwed because most trips for Paris leave around the same time. So you have to sit and wait in a case like this, wait and hope someone doesn't show up and as luck turns out, I made it. What an enormous sense of relief.

I arrived in Paris and reached my hotel a little after 9am. I headed for the Arc de triomphe, because I had never been to the top before. I went right past the Virgin record store around 9:45 and they were still closed, so I did some touring. Arc de triomphe, Hotel de Ville (city hall) where Alizee performed J'ai pas vingt ans during the 100th running of the Tour de France, Notre Dame, the Latin quarter where the University of Paris is, and a few other places. I stopped by a small record store near the Pompidou center which Roman introduced me to a couple of years ago that usually stocks some Alizee stuff, but they were closed as is the case with several businesses here on Sunday. They had a copy of an Alizee 50 60 rimex record in the window which means I'm sure they'll have some more of her stuff when I go back tomorrow.

The day here has been overcast with several periods of drizzle. Hopefully tomorrow it will be better, but it really doesn't matter. All that's going to matter is what's going on inside the Virgin record store.

I think I mentioned if not in the forum, at least to Ben, that my co-worker who cancelled out, before he found out about this private session and then re-instated himself afterwards, is trying to make it over. I probably should have told this guy to take a hike, but the thing is, having him there will mean an awful lot to me. It will give me a feeling of security, of confidence that otherwise I wouldn't have. A lot of the younger members here might think something like Alizee comes along on a regualar basis, but I can assure you that is not the case. She is something that happens only once in a lifetime if even that often, and to meet someone who has brought so much happiness, so much enjoyment on such a close basis is going to very tough emotionally. My co-workers, my family, I'm sure think there's something wrong with me, They see the skimpy outfits of the early years and think that's the big attraction. They don't have a clue. They cant understand that I love her for her voice, for the way she dances, for her physical beauty and for something that which anyone else has found out about her that has given her a chance and that is her tremendous inner beauty. So I hope he can make it. It will be a very emotional moment. I just hope nothing and no one else screws it up

I tried to upload some picture to image shack so I could post them here but they keep timing out.

P. s. Please let Jalen know he's in.

I made a new thread... Pretty important stuff if you ask me... Just thought it deserved its own thread - MODS - if not, please move/erase or do whatever you think is appropriate!

lefty12357 03-28-2010 01:01 PM

Thanks Ed, a very good idea!

And Scruffy, you're doing great and we are all with you in spirit. :)

User22 03-28-2010 01:06 PM

Yay!!! Scruff is definitely the most important man in the world right now so yes he should deserve his own thread haha. Hopefully all will go well with him:D

Fenris 03-28-2010 01:13 PM

Scruffy, don't worry too much, i'm sure everything will work out fine! :)

And yes, it will be a great and emotional moment, it would be for the big majority of us i guess.
Just try not to be too mesmerized by her smile and beauty! ;)

dudefot1 03-28-2010 01:15 PM

Awesome! Good luck over there Scruffy!

jmaca 03-28-2010 01:21 PM

Rock it bro, this is a chance of a lifetime! :D

davmuz 03-28-2010 01:27 PM

alizee arc du triomphe

go - your co-worker doesn't have a depth of vision, alizee's not that confident sometimes

paintballpdh19 03-28-2010 01:33 PM

enjoy every moment scruff....

lefty12357 03-28-2010 01:40 PM

Alizée may be as nervous about this meeting as you are Scruffy. I think you're both going to do just fine. :) And anyways, she is a pro at this kind of thing. I think she'll know just what to do to put you more at ease. You're in good hands. Enjoy it !

MYGOGT 03-28-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 156295)
Alizée may be as nervous about this meeting as you are Scruffy. I think you're both going to do just fine. :) And anyways, she is a pro at this kind of thing. I think she'll know just what to do to put you more at ease. You're in good hands. Enjoy it !

Yeah, she is probably trying to figure out what to wear now that she is meeting with an Ambassador. Glad to hear you made it.

woohoo 03-28-2010 01:52 PM

The Arc de triomphe and Notre Dame are really cool. I loved walking under the round about the get to the Arc de triomphe.

IncliningPizza 03-28-2010 02:04 PM

Great to hear that Scruffy!

You're about to be granted the chance of a lifetime! Soak in every second of it! Make sure you take lots more pictures of course for us to see. We want to see the look on your face when you first see Alizee up front. :D

Ha ha. Jalen. :P

ALS 03-28-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

A lot of the younger members here might think something like Alizee comes along on a regular basis, but I can assure you that is not the case. She is something that happens only once in a lifetime if even that often, and to meet someone who has brought so much happiness, so much enjoyment on such a close basis is going to very tough emotionally. My co-workers, my family, I'm sure think there's something wrong with me, They see the skimpy outfits of the early years and think that's the big attraction. They don't have a clue. They cant understand that I love her for her voice, for the way she dances, for her physical beauty and for something that which anyone else has found out about her that has given her a chance and that is her tremendous inner beauty.
Scruffy put his finger on it. Many of you younger members probably wonder why us older guys are so into Alizée? She is something very special that most people will never realize what they are missing out on.

The very first time I saw her in La Isla Bonita, with in 60 or so seconds I was saying to myself OMG "Who is this Girl". This is probably why 98% of all the people on her fan boards are guys. Women don't get Alizée, and they don't get why some guys are so absolutely nuts over her.

That is because Alizée is not the type of women they are lead to believe is the type of woman men are supposedly attracted to.

lefty12357 03-28-2010 02:15 PM

This is a post from another thread that I thought I'd quote here so Scruffy won't miss it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeFantôme (Post 156300)
Whoa! Great news for y'all. I am actually living (studying) in Paris right now, so if Mr Scruffydog needs help (with touring, eating, travelling, finding souvenirs, speaking French, etc) lemme know. Otherwise I will be going to the signing, waiting the old-fashioned way I guess, so if you can grace me with the time, I'd like to say bonsoir to you.
In any case, bon courage!

Future Raptor Ace 03-28-2010 04:16 PM

Scruffy dont be nervous, I herd Alizee doesn't bite................too hard!
We are all behind you bro, good luck!

user472884 03-28-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace (Post 156312)
Scruffy dont be nervous, I herd Alizee doesn't bite................too hard!
We are all behind you bro, good luck!

Unless Scruffy smears himself with Nutella

*ponders*:rolleyes:

Plaz 03-28-2010 04:27 PM

if you want some night life you could make a stop to Queen Club....

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x92xjy"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x92xjy" width="480" height="360" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x92xjy_tiesto-au-queen_music">TIESTO AU QUEEN !</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/QueenClubParis">QueenClubParis</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/music">Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.</a></i>

sumi1 03-28-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 156301)
Scruffy put his finger on it. Many of you younger members probably wonder why us older guys are so into Alizée? She is something very special that most people will never realize what they are missing out on.

The very first time I saw her in La Isla Bonita, with in 60 or so seconds I was saying to myself OMG "Who is this Girl". This is probably why 98% of all the people on her fan boards are guys. Women don't get Alizée, and they don't get why some guys are so absolutely nuts over her.

That is because Alizée is not the type of women they are lead to believe is the type of woman men are supposedly attracted to.

Well, I am 23 and I still feel the same about her. Had I only been attracted to her physical beauty, I would not have waited eagerly for her comeback. But there is something more, something special about her that I can not explain :wub::wub::wub:

user472884 03-28-2010 04:33 PM

Scruffy, give her a "Je crois que vous êtes absolument parfait" from me, if you'd be so kind

sumi1 03-28-2010 04:34 PM

Scruffy, you are going to have the most amazing, most memorable half hour of your life tomorrow. You will do great, no doubt about it. A great ambassador like you will leave an ever lasting impression about AAm on Alizee.:)

Scruffydog777 03-28-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 156302)
This is a post from another thread that I thought I'd quote here so Scruffy won't miss it.

Yes I invited this young man to join us though I don't know yet if Virgin will allow it.

My co-worker wont be able to make it due to flight availability. I wont let that bother me. This is the opportunity of a lifetme and I"m determined to make the best of it.

It's been a very long day, after a couple of very long weeks. Tomorrow is show time. I stopped in a church earlier. Notre Dame had a long line in front of it so I didn't go there, but I stopped in at the church of Saint Genevieve, the patron saint of Paris who saved the city from the barbarians, and asked the man above that things would go well tomorrow. I've done everything I can do. Hopefully things will go well for us.

Fenris 03-28-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 156301)

Being an old warhorse myself i agree with most of what you said, but i disagree with the part "Women don't get Alizée".
This is not true, i know some very Lili addicted girls, and in fact half of the french forums consist of women.
Ofc, her being a beautiful woman will always attract mostly men, but i think her magic works for females too.
It's for the same reason that many guys fall for her, she has some kind of inner beauty that is more than just being "sexy".
I guess it can be felt on a general human level, regardless of gender.

Fèvier 03-28-2010 05:50 PM

Glad to see you're having a great time Scruffy. Hope everything turns out even better than planned :D

rj.bagby 03-28-2010 05:53 PM

Good luck scruffy! Were all with you. Have the time of your life. I can't wait to hear what happens. She is so talented and such an amazing human being, would leave me probally speechless to be in her presence. I first saw her on youtube an immediately bought Alizee en concert. It may sound strange but I found her through the advice of my doctor who was helping me get off depression medication. I no longer take the medication and If I'm not feeling right I just put on the DVD or come on this site and I feel like life is worth living. Good luck buddy!

ImRawdg 03-28-2010 05:58 PM

How is he obtaining the discs that he's getting signed? Are they going to have them there at the location or is he going to have to buy them right up front?

User22 03-28-2010 06:15 PM

The Virgin Store and Alizee will have it all planned out. Don't worry they are pros. They will prob have all 50 in the room and he will pay for all of them. Then we reimburse him:D

paintballpdh19 03-28-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 156319)
Yes I invited this young man to join us though I don't know yet if Virgin will allow it.

My co-worker wont be able to make it due to flight availability. I wont let that bother me. This is the opportunity of a lifetme and I"m determined to make the best of it.

It's been a very long day, after a couple of very long weeks. Tomorrow is show time. I stopped in a church earlier. Notre Dame had a long line in front of it so I didn't go there, but I stopped in at the church of Saint Genevieve, the patron saint of Paris who saved the city from the barbarians, and asked the man above that things would go well tomorrow. I've done everything I can do. Hopefully things will go well for us.

good luck and have a GREAT time!!!

Fall 03-28-2010 06:22 PM

I'm also worried about how this is gonna go down. Will Scruff really pay for all 50 albums up front? It seems like it is, but it will cost a hell of a lot! 50 albums, 15-20 euros each? :eek:

paintballpdh19 03-28-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 156319)

don't forget to take pictures and video with her! u don't want to ever forget tomorrow!

ALS 03-28-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenris (Post 156320)
Being an old warhorse myself i agree with most of what you said, but i disagree with the part "Women don't get Alizée".
This is not true, i know some very Lili addicted girls, and in fact half of the french forums consist of women.

You're probably right, I don't hang out on the European forums. I have only the English speaking Forums to go by, and those forums are 95 percent plus male.

Scruffy she is just another women who just happens to be famous.

Remember, Alizée is one of the nicest people out there and she will know you're nervous and will surely make you feel at ease. Don't worry you will do fine, just be yourself.

User22 03-28-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fall06 (Post 156330)
I'm also worried about how this is gonna go down. Will Scruff really pay for all 50 albums up front? It seems like it is, but it will cost a hell of a lot! 50 albums, 15-20 euros each? :eek:

This is what it looks like...so if someone doesn't pay their end of the deal, then we shall go find them and hogtie them in a dark room and put Lilly's Abracadabra on repeat. but I thought the CD's were going to be more like 10-15 euros...hmmm

Edcognito 03-28-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 156332)
You're probably right, I don't hang out on the European forums. I have only the English speaking Forums to go by, and those forums are 95 percent plus male.

Scruffy she is just another women who just happens to be famous.

Remember, Alizée is one of the nicest people out there and she will know you're nervous and will surely make you feel at ease. Don't worry you will do fine, just be yourself.

Heheheheheheheh.... I *know*, one part of me would be very nervous... Another part of me would be:

1. Meet/Greet...
2. Present "Letter"
3. Get disks signed
4. 5 mins small talk
5. photo op
6. good bye...

I would be aware of what I had to do, and that this person I'm meeting is just another human being, about to go out and sign her name for 4 hours...

Yeah, I'de be nervous, but I would hope I would have my head on enough to not make her afternoon longer! :D

Can't wait to hear your experiences Scruff

Ed:cool:

MYGOGT 03-28-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 (Post 156331)
don't forget to take pictures and video with her! u don't want to ever forget tomorrow!

I don't think even a case of amnesia could make him forget. Scruffy will be flying so high he won't need a plane to get back.

User22 03-28-2010 07:32 PM

WAIT SCRUFF!!! DON'T FORGET ANYTHING AT THE HOTEL!!! Make sure you bring the money, a form of identification for no reason, any information that came in the mail from them, don't forget to leave at least 30mins before the signing, don't forget the list! So yah although you will be focused on not being nervous and focusing on how much you will enjoy yourself, you will need to come back down to earth for a bit before you head over to the signing. SO DON"T FORGET ANYTHING! I gotcho back chicobroha:D

IncliningPizza 03-28-2010 07:49 PM

This is a great time for Alizee fans. Scruffy is going to become an American Internet Hero. Granting all of our wishes and dreams and presenting them to Her Grace and Beauty herself.

He'll become the new Roman! :D (Just kidding. :P)

I can not wait to get word on how this went. This a perfect example of a dream come true for any fan of any artist. xD

Rev 03-28-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 156336)
WAIT SCRUFF!!! DON'T FORGET ANYTHING AT THE HOTEL!!! Make sure you bring the money, a form of identification for no reason, any information that came in the mail from them, don't forget to leave at least 30mins before the signing, don't forget the list! So yah although you will be focused on not being nervous and focusing on how much you will enjoy yourself, you will need to come back down to earth for a bit before you head over to the signing. SO DON"T FORGET ANYTHING! I gotcho back chicobroha:D

Whew! If he wasn't nervous before... :)

Have fun Scruffy.

User22 03-28-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 156338)
Whew! If he wasn't nervous before... :)

Have fun Scruffy.

just making sure he keeps his cool and has his head screwed on tight before he floats on up to cloud nine haha

he is going to have the time of his life...

MYGOGT 03-28-2010 10:10 PM

Scruffy, did you remember Paris went into Daylight Savings Time TODAY????

Plaz 03-28-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 156333)
put Lilly's Abracadabra on repeat.

you act as if it's a bad song... i know of worse...

User22 03-28-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaz (Post 156350)
you act as if it's a bad song... i know of worse...

Oh...nevermind then...
Quote:

Originally Posted by MYGOGT (Post 156346)
Scruffy, did you remember Paris went into Daylight Savings Time TODAY????

I just informed him...