Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée News (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [2010-02-16] Les collines (New Song in French & English) (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5389)

Ben 02-16-2010 01:41 PM

[2010-02-16] Les collines (New Song in French & English)

For those who pre-ordered the album, Les collines (Never Leave You), reported to be the first single from "Une Enfant du Siècle", is now avalible to download in full from Alizée's Opendisc site. Another nice perk, though supposedly it will go public on her Youtube tomorrow.

Edit:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k30jNZcul2E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k30jNZcul2E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tupuz 02-16-2010 01:41 PM

Les Collines (Never Leave You) is here!

Fantastic!! Just listening the second time... :D:D:D

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/pict...&pictureid=873

brad 02-16-2010 01:44 PM

lots of english so far in the new album

Ben 02-16-2010 01:56 PM

One little thing I noticed is that you can faintly hear the previous song fade out at the very beginning of this, suggesting that she really is going with the whole concept album, songs flowing into one another thing. ;)

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad (Post 151814)

Yet I like the French parts best. :)

Amigo! 02-16-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad (Post 151814)

Lol brad, you crack me up. You always seem to pop up at the right time. :p

User22 02-16-2010 02:10 PM

hopefully, and not hopefully, someone somewhere on the internet will post the mp3 or put it on youtube. But does anyone know when it will go on her youtube channel tomorrow?like 12:01 AM in France???

Edit:

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2264611

^^^ looking at some of the posts, the British are willing to buy her new album. They stopped listening to her since the MF years, but i bet prob Les Collines might hit the charts over there.

ALS 02-16-2010 02:30 PM

FYI, Les Collines - Track 5

Like most of Alizée's music it takes a few plays for it to grow on you.

User22 02-16-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 151822)
FYI, Les Collines - Track 5

Like most of Alizée's music it takes a few plays for it to grow on you.

wait so may i ask if it was a faster upbeat song like JPVA???

ALS 02-16-2010 02:35 PM

About the same or slightly slower. The song writer definitely needs a larger vocabulary when it comes to the lyrics.

Why my comment about larger vocabulary. Definitely the chorus was put in to kill some time in the song.

3:44 in length.

85 seconds Lyrics

87 seconds for the chorus

First chorus
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never ever want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.

Second chorus
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.

Third chorus

Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you

Time killer and space filler.

52 seconds music

User22 02-16-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 151825)
About the same or slightly slower. The song writer definitely needs a larger vocabulary when it comes to the lyrics.

Well as long as it's faster than Limelight then I'm good haha, and even though limelight was electro-slow, I LOVED IT!!!

Fyrel 02-16-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 151825)

Agreed; the chorus gets a little stale by the end. Otherwise I really like it though, and as Ben said, the (very sparse) French parts are the best.

User22 02-16-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyrel (Post 151827)
Agreed; the chorus gets a little stale by the end. Otherwise I really like it though, and as Ben said, the (very sparse) French parts are the best.

so wait it is in english? I'm wondering if it will be in french also, but that 's what i thought it would be in....uhhhh

Tiwaz 02-16-2010 02:46 PM

My dear, she's really answering my prayers. The dark melancholic 80ies sound and her beautiful deep velvet voice. Just listen to that intro with the 80ies drumming, awesome. The chorus, tends to get slightly repetitive, but I never ever want it to stop :wub:

Ben 02-16-2010 02:50 PM

The chorus is in English, and as others have said kind of repetitive. But catchy and with a sexy bit some will like. ;) The verses, a mix of French and English, are the best part. There's a real magic there, and I got chills when she mentioned New York. Very good song overall.

User22 02-16-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiwaz (Post 151829)
My dear, she's really answering my prayers. The dark melancholic 80ies sound and her beautiful deep velvet voice. Just listen to that intro with the 80ies drumming, awesome. The chorus, tends to get slightly repetitive, but I never ever want it to stop :wub:

Although (when I hear the song tomorrow) it will be repetitive, it can still be very very good. I mean come on Moi...Lolita was as repetitive as the US going to China for money. So I think that Les Collines can be quite a hit.

Fyrel 02-16-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroniu31 (Post 151828)
so wait it is in english? I'm wondering if it will be in french also, but that 's what i thought it would be in....uhhhh

The chorus is in English, and one other part is in English, which transitions to French. The beginning is in French too....it's about 2/3 English, 1/3 French.

User22 02-16-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyrel (Post 151832)
The chorus is in English, and one other part is in English, which transitions to French. The beginning is in French too....it's about 2/3 English, 1/3 French.

ok then....but how will it be the single for France if it's not in French? there will be a French version right?

Alex 02-16-2010 02:59 PM

I really like it alot! I think this single will be successful because it has good beat, and its catchy. It reminds me ALOT from Madonna's work. Really love it!:cool:

Ben 02-16-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroniu31 (Post 151833)
ok then....but how will it be the single for France if it's not in French? there will be a French version right?

Mixing French and English is really popular these days, and the English is simple enough that I think most will understand it. Besides, they listen to English songs in France.

User22 02-16-2010 03:04 PM

Youtube

:rolleyes: So yah youtubers already posted it up. I don't want to post the link here since thats how it was withLimelight. Let the buyers soak it in. BUT I LOVE IT SSSSOOOOO MUCHHH!!!!!!

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 151835)
Mixing French and English is really popular these days, and the English is simple enough that I think most will understand it. Besides, they listen to English songs in France.

yah it shows on itunes that they listen to like Rihanna,Black Eyed Peas, and all the major american musicians these days//

Tiwaz 02-16-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroniu31 (Post 151831)
Although (when I hear the song tomorrow) it will be repetitive, it can still be very very good. I mean come on Moi...Lolita was as repetitive as the US going to China for money. So I think that Les Collines can be quite a hit.

The singing is rather monotonous so there could maybe have been a 'stronger' or more noticeable melody in the chorus to make it apear less monotonous.

Nafas 02-16-2010 03:27 PM

I love Les Collines!!:wub: I'm shure it will be a hit!:)

and btw:

"This week, Alizée offers the subscribers of her Opendisc site
to download her new single "Les Collines".
Some of you may also have a unique chance to be invited to the
Une Enfant du siècle” launch party that will be held in Paris soon."

that would be nice:cool:

kristofer 02-16-2010 03:42 PM

Hyperrepetitive as has been said lol (whoa grammar fail). I like it from the get-go anyway. Thank you, almighty YouTube. ;-)

Wow I am definitely gonna download this off of YouTube. I can't wait for the normal version of the album to be available for preorder! I want itttt. /spoiled.

Toc De Mac 02-16-2010 03:45 PM

WOooooooooooooooooo!

:D:D

User22 02-16-2010 03:49 PM

ehh

the singing isn't really monotonous....But man this song would be so good if someone remixed it for a "Une Enfant Du Siecle Remixes" CD. Get some of that Benny Benassi in their yaoh haha.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristofer (Post 151840)
Wow I am definitely gonna download this off of YouTube.

I have always been wondering, how do you download videos off of youtube???

Jenny_HRO87 02-16-2010 03:54 PM

I listen to this song nearly two hours now... I never expected that I could love a song more than ACC... and than came "Les Collines" :wub::wub::wub:

I never ever wanna leave you Alizée!!!

Roman 02-16-2010 04:01 PM

Sweet. Well, that's cool that "she" sent me that song since I pre-ordered the album. So, they are giving us various perks. Good job.
This one is electro still, but not the same. It's more drum machine. ok, I'm late. It's probably all been said.
It would be nice if Alizée was part of a regular band. They could have made many more songs.

Alex 02-16-2010 04:04 PM

Lyrics Merci a Sébastien Coum
Alizée - Les Collines

Poursuivie
J’ai gagné les collines
J’ai pris le ma…
Quis semé les chiens de chasse
Effacé mes traces
Maquillé ma fuite
Mes valises sont vides
Mon cœur leger
Leger…

Never wanna leave you
Never wanna leave you
Never wanna leave you
Never wanna leave you
Never ever wanna leave you
Never ever wanna leave you
Never wanna leave you
Never wanna leave you

New York
I’m sorry
I loved you so…
But I have to go
Des vitrines infinies
Des horizons dorés
Je veux m’en passer
Auprès des Hespérides
J’irais panser
De grands félins timides
Paisibles, Plaisirs, Bléssés

REFRAIN
Mes valises sont vides
Mon cœur leger
Leger….

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up Roman and Ben, If it still needs improvements feel free to edit the lyrics Ben :)

alizeeindia 02-16-2010 04:08 PM

Well I think the song is just amazing. Its got everything that I desired from a new single from her. I was disappointed by Limelight, but this one keeps my hopes high again.

Roman 02-16-2010 04:08 PM

Speaking of Madonna, that was actually one of my first thoughts. She sounds more like Madonna (as much as Alizée might).
And it's never ever wanna leave you I believe.

Ronald 02-16-2010 04:29 PM

UAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...............

This song really rocks from the very first minute;)

alizeeindia 02-16-2010 04:29 PM

As I have continuously played it at least 10 times till now, I don't think the chorus is too repetitive. It just emphasizes what is to be told and only adds to the beauty of the song :)

Fenris 02-16-2010 04:35 PM

it's a beautiful song for sure, ok, chorus tends to be repetitive, but the song grows on you!
The parts where she sings french are most lovely!
Also has potential for club remixes...

lefty12357 02-16-2010 04:37 PM

I have listened to Les collines a few times now and I have to say I really do like it a lot. I do feel a bit more could have been done with the chorus from a melody standpoint, but all in all, it's pretty cool. :). And I love Alizée's voice ! She's getting into that lower part of her range that I like so much, but also some of those sweet higher notes.

pepelepew 02-16-2010 04:38 PM

Not bad for electropop. I love her voice though not a news flash. I agree with Roman that I would have preferred a real band with many more options although I am refraining from any real criticism until I hear the album in whole. The single is very catchy even with minimal lyrics. Easy songs to memorize lol! Alizee could hire A Flock of Seagulls as her touring band Ha! Ha! Ha! If it all remains electro her personal lap top will be all she will need on stage with her in concert and some speakers and a microphone of course.:)

Plaz 02-16-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 151816)
One little thing I noticed is that you can faintly hear the previous song fade out at the very beginning of this, suggesting that she really is going with the whole concept album, songs flowing into one another thing. ;)

i think thats something the institube dj/producers did... most EDM albums tend to be "mixed" so that it flows seamlessly from one song into another...

Karin 02-16-2010 04:44 PM

coool... next good song which I will hear on my way to school :D

Människöpesten 02-16-2010 05:27 PM

or maybe this is simply an alizée-roll :O

Addict 02-16-2010 05:30 PM

The french parts are definitely the best. I love how low she sings in this song.

Rachelizee 02-16-2010 05:30 PM

Just been listening to it now and i ..... love it !! :wub:

Really can't wait for the end of March now. :D

And i know i really shouldn't but i do get a buzz out of seeing a new e-mail from Alizée. :p