Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée News (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [2010-03-29] Alizée autograph signing at Virgin Champs-Elysées (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5447)

AlphaDevil2 03-11-2010 06:52 AM

[2010-03-29] Alizée autograph signing at Virgin Champs-Elysées

According to Jipe over at Psychalizee there will be an autograph signing at the Virgin store at Champs Elysées in Paris.

Quote:

ALIZÉE SERA EN DÉDICACE LE LUNDI 29 MARS À 18H AU VIRGIN DES CHAMPS-ÉLYSÉES POUR LA PROMO DE SON ALBUM
Translation

Quote:

Alizée to do an autograph signing on Monday, March 29 at 18h Vrigin in Champs-Elysées for the promotion of her album
Confirmation on the Virginmegastore.fr website, the events section where it states:

Quote:

Alizée pour Une enfant du siècle

Au Virgin Megastore Champs-Élysées le lundi 29 mars à 18h

Tupuz 03-11-2010 06:53 AM

Autograph session March 29th

Alizée will sign autographs March 29th @ Virgin Champs-Elysées, Paris at 18H local time.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/psychalizee....s/388544271281
Confirmation: http://www.virginmegastore.fr/agenda_673_1605.html

Who will attend? I'll try to get there... :wub::wub::wub:

Tupuz 03-11-2010 06:56 AM

AlphaDevil was a bit quicker :-) Mods, please remove my thread!

AlphaDevil2 03-11-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tupuz (Post 154166)
AlphaDevil was a bit quicker :-) Mods, please remove my thread!

Sorry Tupuz, and whilst the mod is about can they also correct the title of this one, should be Virgin and not Vrigin :blink:

User22 03-11-2010 07:42 AM

OMA...I so wish i could be there...too bad im in the US!!!AAAAAHHHHHH!!!a chance to see her...gone...

Merci Alizée 03-11-2010 08:31 AM

At last the date in known now. I wish to go there, but I can't. I guess, Scruffydog777 is going there. He mentioned in one of his posts that he's is ready. Anyone else from AAm going there?

User22 03-11-2010 08:56 AM

man lucky ScruffyDog! I wish i was older:(

Scruffydog777 03-11-2010 12:10 PM

I'll be going if I get my passport back in time.

Chuck 03-11-2010 12:43 PM

all crossed up

We're all crossing our fingers for you, Scruff! All of us! That's a lot of fingers! ;)

FanDeAliFee 03-11-2010 06:08 PM

Videography?

I've never attended even a single planned autograph session, so I don't know much about the culture which surrounds this custom these days. Certainly I've seen some professional photography done of a portion of a session, but I wonder about the etiquette of spontaneous amateur photography.

It would be great if Scruff could pull off some videography of the Corsican girl signing his stuff. The logistics would be tricky if he goes to France alone, but not impossible, if it was permitted.

You can now buy a decent entry-level flash-memory camcorder you can carry in your pocket for about $50. I could make a documented buying suggestion, if wanted.

Scruff, if you are interested, you might try making a deal with someone else in line: You shoot them getting an autograph, if they shoot you. The Internet is so widely used now that I bet it would prove persuasive if you sincerely promised to put their video clip on YouTube with an identifier tag of their choosing to let them find it. (You can trade e-mail addresses, if they have one, as well.) Who knows? Maybe there will be others bringing cameras along! If so, it might be better if one guy shoots the other with his OWN camera, because it is a familiar tool.

An autographed item is nice, but a short video clip helps better keep alive the special occasion on which it was created...

"Un millier de baisers, Alizée America!"

Wouldn't you just die to see a video clip where she says that? <G>

P.S. The token couldn't hurt.

VVVACCPLPNLY 03-11-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdtv (Post 154212)
I've never attended even a single planned autograph session, so I don't know much about the culture which surrounds this custom these days. Certainly I've seen some professional photography done of a portion of a session, but I wonder about the etiquette of spontaneous amateur photography.

It would be great if Scruff could pull off some videography of the Corsican girl signing his stuff. The logistics would be tricky if he goes to France alone, but not impossible, if it was permitted.

You can now buy a decent entry-level flash-memory camcorder you can carry in your pocket for about $50. I could make a documented buying suggestion, if wanted.

Scruff, if you are interested, you might try making a deal with someone else in line: You shoot them getting an autograph, if they shoot you. The Internet is so widely used now that I bet it would prove persuasive if you sincerely promised to put their video clip on YouTube with an identifier tag of their choosing to let them find it. (You can trade e-mail addresses, if they have one, as well.) Who knows? Maybe there will be others bringing cameras along! If so, it might be better if one guy shoots the other with his OWN camera, because it is a familiar tool.

An autographed item is nice, but a short video clip helps better keep alive the special occasion on which it was created...

I second this idea! But make sure that by ALL means, you ask her BEFORE recording her? I'm sure you will, just have this here for reassurance!

lefty12357 03-11-2010 07:01 PM

This is one of a number of videos taken from last time when Alizée signed autographs for Psych. Note our very own Ben at 1:58.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNFhBPt9_7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNFhBPt9_7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Alex 03-11-2010 07:41 PM

Great awesome news, but can't go:(. Not enough money and college. Oh well I trully hope Scruffydog enjoys that moment:).

Regarding the camera/video idea, I think it's a good idea, yet seeing this video^ and others before, Alizée's body and security guards always deny the fan(don't know why) to take video or photos during the autograph signings. So if Scruffy dog wishes and wants to he could adquire one of those mini portable cams Doctv suggested and live a liitle bit of his experience.

Also, it would be great if AlizéeAmerica decides to ask Scruffy to hand her a copy of our Letter to Alizée. That way we would definetly assure ourselves she received our letter, because we have not herd anything from Julien nor we know if he was able to gove it to her. So this could be our secure chance. :) EDIT: It wouldn't also hurt if we gave her a teddybear of the AAm shop or any present of her liking from her fans of AlizéeAmerica:)
Bon Voyage Scruffy! And the best wishes to Alizée from AlizeeAmerica:)

Posted using ipod :p

Fall 03-11-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 154221)
Great awesome news, but can't go:(. Not enough money and college. Oh well I trully hope Scruffydog enjoys that moment:).

Regarding the camera/video idea, I think it's a good idea, yet seeing this video^ and others before, Alizée's body and security guards always deny the fan(don't know why) to take video or photos during the autograph signings. So if Scruffy dog wishes and wants to he could adquire one of those mini portable cams Doctv suggested and live a liitle bit of his experience.

Also, it would be great if AlizéeAmerica decides to ask Scruffy to hand her a copy of our Letter to Alizée. That way we would definetly assure ourselves she received our letter, because we have not herd anything from Julien nor we know if he was able to gove it to her. So this could be our secure chance. :) EDIT: It wouldn't also hurt if we gave her a teddybear of the AAm shop or any present of her liking from her fans of AlizéeAmerica:)
Bon Voyage Scruffy! And the best wishes to Alizée from AlizeeAmerica:)

Posted using ipod :p

That's an excellent idea Alex, I hope Scruffy will be ok with it. I wonder what she'll say to him about it, if she says anything at all. I think there will be several fans recording stuff (or at least trying to) so we might get a glimpse. Anyway, have a safe and wonderful trip Scruffy!

Roman 03-11-2010 09:26 PM

Wow. This is really trippy that this is coming up again after so long and everything in between. Scruffy went last time, though I didn't really know him then or meet him. I'm sure he remembers it well and how to take photos, etc. I'll not be going this time in case anyone wonders. The time I did go was one of the coolest things I've ever done though.

Scruffydog777 03-11-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

That's a good idea about the pictures, something I have already given thought to. I still don't count my chickens until they're hatched and right now I'm still waiting for a very big one to hatch in gettiing my passport back in time. I should because I expedited it, but I'm still worried. Right now it looks like I might have a co-worker going with me and we will definitely be taking pictures and or videos of each other if we do.

I went to the autograph session back in 2007. I made the mistake of going to the Louvre late that morning. It's a huge museum with lots to see. I lost track of time and by the time I got back to the hotel, showered and back to Virgin megastore, a pretty good line had already formed. I was quite a ways back from where Roman, RMJ, Ben and the others were.

I had no idea how these things worked. I had never cared about a celebrity or singer in a way where I tried to get an autograph from them. I thought you get in line, you come to a point where you buy the album, then you get her to autograph it. So after being in line for a while, some of the French people started talking to each other and they started pulling out the albums out of their backpacks, purses, bags, what have you and showing them to each other. Then the horror set in realizing you had to buy the album beforehand and I was emptyhanded with the exception of an autogaph book I had brought that had a note to her that a fellow aircraft mechanic who was originally born in France, then moved to the states had helped me write. I thought man, she's going to think I'm a cheap ass American!

The line was way long by now and I thought if I get out of line now to buy the album, I might not make it back to her before she has to leave. I was worried sick. After a while though, there were apparently some people in the same boat as me and when we got to a point in line up to where some of the security folks were, they let us out of line, to go purchase it and let us rejoin the line at the same point. So I bought 5 for me and people I work with, which is great, the more she has to autograph, the more time you get to stand in front of her just gazing at her.

User22 03-11-2010 10:42 PM

Ahhh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 154237)
So I bought 5 for me and people I work with, which is great, the more she has to autograph, the more time you get to stand in front of her just gazing at her.

That was probably the best moment for you:rolleyes:, just sitting there knowing she is the one you have been watching on your computer screen all along:wub:, and that she is right there:D. Must have been amazing man:D, I bet you just wanted to talk with her for hours and ask alot of questions:rolleyes:. That's how I would feel:wub:. And no guys not being perverted by gazing at her:p...

used alot of smilies in that haha

wow, probably the most meaningful post i have ever put on this site, the things that would go through my head in that 1minute I would see her up there signing...Too bad it won't be for a while....if ever:(

Chuck 03-11-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 154217)
This is one of a number of videos taken from last time when Alizée signed autographs for Psych. Note our very own Ben at 1:58.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNFhBPt9_7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNFhBPt9_7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

But that guy, above, with tha green shirt, just before Ben.. was that tha Jungster???

btw, beautiful story, Scruffy. I hope this trip's just as good. ;)

User22 03-11-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 154252)
But that guy just before Ben.. was that tha Jungster???

no that was the man who created Alizee, RMJ:Dhhaha

FanDeAliFee 03-11-2010 11:00 PM

The 2010 autograph session and AAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 154217)

Gee, thanks Lefty! I had not seen that before, nor would I have recognized Ben without your notice. This is the sort of thing I had wanted to see, and it seems that <i>France 4</i> did a professional job for us. If it is not yet done, it would also be nice to point at this video from the collection of videos kept on site.

But it would still be nice if Scruff could get the Corsican girl to say hello to AAm on video. Wouldn't that be a swell clip to put on the home page?

Since we are discussing the Open Letter and such, I'll bring your attention to the fact that I <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=154177&postcount=16">again looked</a> at some traffic statistics for Alizée's official Web site, having first done that less completely a <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151335&postcount=12">month earlier</a>.

According to <i>Alexa</i>, the US component of that traffic has soared from an unknown amount below 2.7%, up to 10.2%. Perhaps no one knows exactly how that relates to her popularity here in the US, but at least US traffic is no longer negligible. You can share that news with the next person who asks what is happening in America to support Alizée.

<i>Quantcast</i> confirms that the most traffic is now coming from France, followed by Mexico, and also documents that the US, Russia and Germany all are important as well.

User22 03-11-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdtv (Post 154258)

<i>Quantcast</i> confirms that the most traffic is now coming from France, followed by Mexico, and also documents that the US, Russia and Germany all are important as well.

hmmm...pretty tasty information...good to know the world recognizes us as a world superpower:D

user472884 03-11-2010 11:14 PM

I want to go

but even if I could make such a short notice trip,

I wouldn't want to.

I just don't want to meet her in that type of setting, I mean... You can see Alizée is trying to be kind and polite, but she has to keep that face on for that entire line times at least twenty seconds each... I'd feel better helping her by giving her 20 more seconds of life that wouldn't have been wasted on me.

Tchaikovsky 03-11-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 154264)
I want to go

I wouldn't want to.

I just don't want to meet her in that type of setting, I mean... You can see Alizée is trying to be kind and polite, but she has to keep that face on for that entire line times at least twenty seconds each... I'd feel better helping her by giving her 20 more seconds of life that wouldn't have been wasted on me.

What makes you think you aren't worth her time?

Rev 03-12-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

I want to go

I wouldn't want to.

She will see the same set number of people whether you go or not.

The only question is whether you wish to be one of them or not. :)

Deepwaters 03-12-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

I don't want to meet her in that type of setting, either, but the reason is for ME, because I would feel weird doing it. I don't think it makes any sense to avoid it for HER sake. She has fun at such things and of course helps advance her career in the process. She's giving fans who are into such things a thrill, and that makes her feel good and she benefits from it in other ways. So if you want to see her and get an autograph, and you can, do. You're not doing her a favor by staying away.

paintballpdh19 03-12-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

YES!!!:wub:

user472884 03-12-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 154277)
She will see the same set number of people whether you go or not.

The only question is whether you wish to be one of them or not. :)

nope.

Mathematically, it will forever be one person less than what it could have been.

If 100 go, it could have been 101...

If 1,000 go, it could have been 1,001..

Scruffydog777 03-12-2010 09:32 AM

My renewed passport was in my mailbox when I left for work last night so it looks like I will be in Paris on the 29th. Have we heard from Ben yet with any word as to whether he may be going or not. If it turns out that I'm the only one from AA to be going to this and the members here want me to present the open letter everyone has been working on to Alizee, although I don't feel worthy of that honor, I would gladly do it and try my best to do a good job of it.

As it turns out, a co-worker e-mailed me yesterday and said he'd like to go too. He is a big fan and also a member of this forum. He comes here all the time for info, but I don't know if he's ever posted anything.I don't even know his name in the forum. He's a good guy and a credit to the company I work for and I think he too would make a good representive for this forum. There's still plenty of time left, so if someone else from this forum decides to go and you'd rather have them do it, that's fine with me. I'm just happy to be able to go to this event.

paintballpdh19 03-12-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 154304)
My renewed passport was in my mailbox when I left fow work last night so it looks like I will be in Paris on the 29th. Have we heard from Ben yet with any word as to whether he may be going or not. If it turns out that I'm the only one from AA to be going to this and the members here want me to present the open letter everyone has been working on to Alizee, although I don't feel worthy of that honor, I would gladly do it and try my best to do a good job of it.

As it turns out, a co-worker e-mailed me yesterday and said he'd like to go too. He is a big fan and also a member of this forum. He comes here all the time for info, but I don't know if he's ever posted anything.I don't even know his name in the forum. He's a good guy and a credit to the company I work for and I think he too would make a good representive for this forum. There's still plemty of time left, so if someone else from this forum decides to go and you'd rather have them do it, that's fine with me. I'm just happy to be able to go to this event.

thats a great idea... go for it... i wish there was a way i could get my name on that because i joined after the letter was complete. but anyway you have to do that.

Criss_pl 03-12-2010 11:44 AM

Well, great Scruffy that you are going:) I hope you enjoy your time in Paris.

Thanks for video, when I saw that man before Ben, I just knew that he's this "famous" RMJ, before he said anything; even that I never saw any photo of him.

I want to attend next Alizée album autograph session, but not this one, even that I'm much closer to Paris than most of you.

paintballpdh19 03-12-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criss_pl (Post 154313)
Well, great Scruffy that you are going:) even that I'm much closer to Paris than most of you.

lucky you :D

User22 03-12-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criss_pl (Post 154313)
I want to attend next Alizée album autograph session, but not this one, even that I'm much closer to Paris than most of you.

Once in a lifetime chance for me...once every couple of years chance for you...and hopefully there will be a next time:D:(

Tiwaz 03-12-2010 04:40 PM

Flying back n forth to Pars spending 400~euro just to get an autograph. Sounds like a crazy idea I might actually convince myself to do :p

User22 03-12-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiwaz (Post 154346)
Flying back n forth to Pars spending 400~euro just to get an autograph. Sounds like a crazy idea I might actually convince myself to do :p

you should definitely do it, and it's not just to get an autograph, you get to see her:D:wub:and possibly get a photo with her:D

Scruffydog777 03-15-2010 12:49 PM

Well here's an update on my plans for the autograph session. It was suggested that I present the open letter to Alizée. I think this is a good idea because we have no idea if she even got to see it. The main question I have is should I change the date on it? It says January 2. Probably really doesn't matter much.

I hope to get a folder for the letter. The nice kind that you see where some type of award or graduation certificate is being presented to someone. I will just use the 2 pages written in French. I will have something stenciled on the cover with the forum name, the 2 crossed flags and " An open letter to Alizée" or maybe "A letter to Alizée". Time is running short, so I'll probably have to make a decision by tomorrow. I tried stopping by a printing store today, but they were closed due to the heavy rains we're having here.

Someone else suggested we ask her to say hello to this forum. I will try my best to get this done. My digital camera crapped out on my last trip, so I'll be ordering a new one this week, one with movie capabilities, but I will try and borrow a camcorder if my co-worker doesn't have one. I will try and hook up with members of the Alizée forum and hopefully we can work something out where they will take pictures and film us and we'll do the same for them.

Being a representative of the forum in this way, I wanted to wear something that had Alizée America on it. I wasn't too impressed with what the forum had to offer (sorry Ben). I wanted something classier than a t shirt, thought maybe a polo shirt or windbreaker. The guy at a local store that does this type of thing, showed me a type of windbreaker type shirt that wasn't bad looking. In trying to keep with the colors of this forum, I chose a black one and he is going to try and put the two crossed flags with Alizee America written in a similar way that it's written at the top of this page, using red and white. He wasn't sure about the flags, mainly because time is short and they do a lot of business. I also asked him to make up a couple of baseball caps with the same thing if he could. Hopefully these things will come out decent looking. I want to do a good job representing this forum. I really think someone younger should be doing it but at least my co-worker who will be going with me is a young whipper snapper (40).

sumi1 03-15-2010 01:55 PM

Nice ideas Scruffy....Have a great trip :)

PS: I must say I am a bit envious, but damn the visa rules :(

user472884 03-15-2010 03:10 PM

In my mind at least, the letter would have been an awesome idea had we not already sent it to Her Grace and Beauty in several forms.

If we present yet another copy... well, we don't want her thinking we're obsessed or anything

User22 03-15-2010 04:26 PM

Scruffy, you are amazing. Yah well if we had a young representative then it would look like we want her(although we do haha don't lie guys). And if you have an older guy(40), then it looks like we are all creepers. So either way we will seem weird. But she doesn't care, she loves all fans, no matter how old or creepy, or even how bad they are at singing JEAM. uhhhh

Merci Alizée 03-15-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 154632)
Well here's an update on my plans for the autograph session. It was suggested that I present the open letter to Alizée. I think this is a good idea because we have no idea if she even got to see it. The main question I have is should I change the date on it? It says January 2. Probably really doesn't matter much.

I hope to get a folder for the letter. The nice kind that you see where some type of award or graduation certificate is being presented to someone. I will just use the 2 pages written in French. I will have something stenciled on the cover with the forum name, the 2 crossed flags and " An open letter to Alizée" or maybe "A letter to Alizée". Time is running short, so I'll probably have to make a decision by tomorrow. I tried stopping by a printing store today, but they were closed due to the heavy rains we're having here.

Someone else suggested we ask her to say hello to this forum. I will try my best to get this done. My digital camera crapped out on my last trip, so I'll be ordering a new one this week, one with movie capabilities, but I will try and borrow a camcorder if my co-worker doesn't have one. I will try and hook up with members of the Alizée forum and hopefully we can work something out where they will take pictures and film us and we'll do the same for them.

Being a representative of the forum in this way, I wanted to wear something that had Alizée America on it. I wasn't too impressed with what the forum had to offer (sorry Ben). I wanted something classier than a t shirt, thought maybe a polo shirt or windbreaker. The guy at a local store that does this type of thing, showed me a type of windbreaker type shirt that wasn't bad looking. In trying to keep with the colors of this forum, I chose a black one and he is going to try and put the two crossed flags with Alizee America written in a similar way that it's written at the top of this page, using red and white. He wasn't sure about the flags, mainly because time is short and they do a lot of business. I also asked him to make up a couple of baseball caps with the same thing if he could. Hopefully these things will come out decent looking. I want to do a good job representing this forum. I really think someone younger should be doing it but at least my co-worker who will be going with me is a young whipper snapper (40).

Great ideas Dave. You have really put up good thoughts to make this trip best. Only thing that I was thinking that whether you'll be able to do all these before leaving. You haven't told us that when will you be leaving for the Paris. Also one more thing, is really no one else from this forum going there. If someone else is going, then I would request him to tell us as it would be nice if more people go there. I understand that it's not that easy. But the more number of people will represent more support.

Letter and the dress are good ideas. Try to get best out of it. May be we all should present our ideas here for this, like we did for the letter.This is one opportunity and we should utilize it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 154639)
In my mind at least, the letter would have been an awesome idea had we not already sent it to Her Grace and Beauty in several forms.

If we present yet another copy... well, we don't want her thinking we're obsessed or anything

Presenting the letter won't make her feel that we're obsessed, but it will show that we're serious fans whom she can count on.

Scruffydog777 03-15-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 154639)

Is this letter thing a good or bad idea? I need to know soon. I can probably wait til the end of the week. Maybe somebody else can come up with an idea of presenting her something along these lines using a folder like I mentioned with Alizée America on the outside. Time is critical at this point though.