Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dr. Alizée Jacotey (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6070)

Aayush 10-30-2010 06:29 AM

Dr. Alizée Jacotey

Guyz, an amazing thing happened today. My grandma became a huge fan of lili.:) Yeah i know that's not a big deal, but let me narrate the whole story :
Yesterday my granny was feeling very uncomfortable as because she had taken many sleeping pills but then also she was unable to sleep. This has been happening from last few days. Doctor told that she was mentally pretty disturbed about something which she didn't told to anyone of us. Doctor was too helpless at that point and told my father to take care of her and told that her surrounding needed a fresh new change. We kept some sweet smelling flowers, but that didn't worked much. Just then a crazy idea came to my mind. I thought of playing some slow lili songs ;) and i knew that it'll surely work but that silly doctor didn't approved that. But i insisted that we should try atleast and they without much hope accepted my idea. Then came the most challenging task, which songs i should pick ?? I was aware of the fact that nobody in our family(including ma granny) understands french, so i choosed 6 lili songs, they were : parler tout bas, a quoi rêve une jeune, coeur dèja pris, par les paupièrer, psychédélices and lui ou toi. Then i plugged out my earphone and plugged in a speaker in my ipod. Just when lili started to create her magic, my family members were totally confused about my activities and told me to stop the music:(. But i just asked them to leave her alone for half an hour. We all went out of the room then. I was very nervous outside, if the songs will not work then what will happen ? I was hoping that atleast the condition should not go more worse. But our lili did it, her songs really worked well. When we entered the room after half hour, grandma was sleeping peacefully. I was damn happy then, and my whole family was just shocked along with the doctor. I was feeling really proud of alizée:D. All congratulated me and my great idea. But the real suspense was yet to be unfold, did she slept due to all those songs or due to medicines ?? When she woked up today in the morning, i was pretty eager to ask about her opinions of the songs and she was really happy at that moment. She told that she didn't even understood a single word but the voice of that lady was so sweet and cool that she forgot all her pains and got lost in her songs. Then she asked me bit by bit details of her and we discussed about lili for 2 hours;) . I showed her some of lili vids and she was impressed and became a fan of her. I was kinda feeling that what is happening ??? She never behaved in that manner. I was really shocked to see that amount of interest from an old person like her.
So guyz, Dr. Alizée jacotey did her job to perfection. My respect towards lili has increased a 1000 times now.:) Hats off to her.
So if you have ever came acrossed a situation like this, then do share it here with us. :)

Van 10-30-2010 07:31 AM

Wow, that's amazing. Hats off to you for caring about your grandmother so much. :)

RobandSandy 10-30-2010 08:26 AM

Wow!! That is such an amazing story!!!! Yes ALIZEE IS AMAZING!!! No matter what I may or may not be going thru at any particular time, when I play my Alizée a feeling of peace rushes over my soul and I begin to smile again. ALIZEE is SOOOO AMAZING!!!! Sandy has trouble with anxiety and going to sleep at nite. The last time she paid me a visit we were watching movies and it was really late. I then put on Alizée really soft, not even in 15 minutes she was sleeping like a baby. WOW!! And such a peaceful look on her face. I just laid there and watched her resting in peace for a while. In the morning she told me that Alizée's voice and her music was so soothing she went to sleep easily!!!!! Alizée can sing Rob and Sandy lullabys for the rest of our lives for sure!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Aayush 10-30-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van (Post 186338)
Wow, that's amazing. Hats off to you for caring about your grandmother so much. :)

Pleasure van, and thanks btw :)

Scruffydog777 10-30-2010 09:23 AM

Great story Aayush. I've mentioned before in here that I might have the worst night at work. Plane comes in late. Pilot writes up anything and everything. Multiple tires and brakes to change. Cold and rainy outside. Nothing goes right. Then at the end of my shift, I hop into my truck, my cd player comes on, and I don't have to tell you whose voice I hear and a big smile comes across my face. Dr Alizée has healed me once again.

ALS 10-30-2010 09:33 AM

The only way I keep my sanity at work dealing with my women employee's is Alizée's music. All six Cd' are loaded into my Cd player in the car. Six due to the fact I ripped the audio off of the EnConcert DVD on to two Cd's since the EnConcert CD doesn't have all the DVD's songs on it.

Merci Alizée 10-30-2010 09:40 AM

@Aayush : कुदरत का करिश्मा है वो | ;)

It's amazing how people have been affected by her in different ways. :)

Jaimes 10-30-2010 11:36 AM

So cool. It's good to know that she can cure anything :)

Tom 10-30-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 186346)

It sure is amazing.

Thanks Aayush for sharing this great story. :)

Rev 10-30-2010 11:53 AM

Very nice story Aayush. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 186346)
@Aayush : कुदरत का करिश्मा है वो | ;)

Yes. Alizée is miraculous. ;)

Aayush 10-30-2010 12:03 PM

Thanks a lot guys. Its really good to see this kind of response from all of you. Alizée is really an angel and the girl of the century :)

Jake04 10-30-2010 04:33 PM

Alizee cured me of cancer...........just kidding!:D
Seriously though, she always helps me get through the tough times.
Great story, Aayush! Hope your grandma continues to do well!

AlizéeInspired 10-30-2010 08:39 PM

I have different music that I turn to for different reasons, mostly depending on my mood or what I feel like listening to. Alizée is a usual and is frequently sought out though :D. If I want something upbeat, happy and fun, then there are plenty songs to choose from. If I want something relaxing, calming and beautiful, then there are plenty of those as well. Her music can put me in an even better mood or help calm me down, relax, and rest. Music is powerful. It can bring emotion and fire to someone or just calm a person down into sleep. It can bring happiness or even tears.

In this particular case, your grandmother was brought peace :). Alizée's amazing and soothing voice, like that of an angel, has the ability to calm a person down in such a way. I'm happy to hear this story of how you used Alizée's peaceful voice and songs to help your grandmother :). The power and beauty of music is truely an amazing thing.

Zeerre 10-31-2010 01:10 AM

Touching story Aayush. Hope your grandma gets better.

Aayush 10-31-2010 03:24 AM

yeah, my granny is getting well day by day.....thanks to lili :)
Also now she is listening to all her songs, and not only slow songs ;)

FanDeAliFee 10-31-2010 04:35 AM

Using technology to relieve distress

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aayush (Post 186336)
...nobody in our family... understands french, so i choosed 6 lili songs, they were : parler tout bas, a quoi rêve une jeune [fille], coeur dèja pris, par les paupièrer, psychédélices and lui ou toi... When we entered the room after half hour, grandma was sleeping peacefully. ...did she slept due to all those songs or due to medicines ?? When she woked up today... She told that she didn't even understood a single word but the voice of that lady was so sweet and cool that she forgot all her pains and got lost in her songs... So if you have ever came acrossed a situation like this, then do share it here with us. :)

The use of electronics to psychologically ameliorate some of the grave burdens of old age has a considerable heritage by now. A bit of its history, starting circa 1995, is described in the mini-blog Low-intensity multimedia entertainment (for nervous distress). Surely any youngsters who take the time to read it will be astounded how very far and fast the technology they take for granted has advanced in less than a generation!

By the middle years of this decade, both turn-key hardware and media for the ends described was available, and very cheap as well. The particular DVD titles described on the cited Web page, in the final (2004 September 28) posting at page bottom, may still be available and appropriate.

As for Dr. Alizée herself, among people here, more than one broken heart was mended upon discovery of her upbeat early work. I will not betray confidences by providing more details. But let's just say that life has many opportunities for heartbreak, some inevitable, others tragic, all unwelcome and potentially fatal

Knowing of Dr. Alizée's therapeutic potential, it was with enormous regret that I anticipated the album based on the somber theme of the Götterdämmerung of Edie Sedgwick. That such a work was scheduled for release during the greatest global economic upheaval of a lifetime only amplified the shocking contrast to so much of Alizée's joyous early work! For goodness sake, what in the world was she thinking? :confused: The only thing missing from UEdS to make it a "Halloween" favorite for years to come was a closing performance of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (shown below) from Monty Python's Life of Brian! Sigh.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Jake04 10-31-2010 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee (Post 186404)
The use of electronics to psychologically ameliorate some of the grave burdens of old age has a considerable heritage by now. A bit of its history, starting circa 1995, is described in the mini-blog Low-intensity multimedia entertainment (for nervous distress). Surely any youngsters who take the time to read it will be astounded how very far and fast the technology they take for granted has advanced in less than a generation!

By the middle years of this decade, both turn-key hardware and media for the ends described was available, and very cheap as well. The particular DVD titles described on the cited Web page, in the final (2004 September 28) posting at page bottom, may still be available and appropriate.

As for Dr. Alizée herself, among people here, more than one broken heart was mended upon discovery of her upbeat early work. I will not betray confidences by providing more details. But let's just say that life has many opportunities for heartbreak, some inevitable, others tragic, all unwelcome and potentially fatal

Knowing of Dr. Alizée's therapeutic potential, it was with enormous regret that I anticipated the album based on the somber theme of the Götterdämmerung of Edie Sedgwick. That such a work was scheduled for release during the greatest global economic upheaval of a lifetime only amplified the shocking contrast to so much of Alizée's joyous early work! For goodness sake, what in the world was she thinking? :confused: The only thing missing from UEdS to make it a "Halloween" favorite for years to come was a closing performance of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (shown below) from Monty Python's Life of Brian! Sigh.

"Don't get short with me." LMAO! You, Sir never fail to entertain!:D

Aayush 10-31-2010 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee (Post 186404)

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

indeed sir, you are just an awesome "fact factory" :D

SaintÀlizee 10-31-2010 10:22 AM

Haha. I enjoyed reading this post, thank you. :)

Aayush 10-31-2010 11:38 AM

You are welcome SaintÀlizee :)

Edcognito 10-31-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 186344)
Great story Aayush. I've mentioned before in here that I might have the worst night at work. Plane comes in late. Pilot writes up anything and everything. Multiple tires and brakes to change. Cold and rainy outside. Nothing goes right. Then at the end of my shift, I hop into my truck, my cd player comes on, and I don't have to tell you whose voice I hear and a big smile comes across my face. Dr Alizée has healed me once again.

Your just twitterpated dude! :wub:

I have to say, one of the big things i've noticed about the older albums is that even though I don't understand the language, Alizeé's music is almost impossible to be mad, angry or depressed through. Might still be mad, angry or depressed when your done listening, but your happy too...

Or it could just be me... :o

Ed:cool:

severianb 10-31-2010 09:51 PM

A wonderful touching story from our Indian friend. Thank you so much for telling it. I bet Lilly would love to hear a story like that.

Oh, and ALS, thank you for the idea of getting all the songs off the En Concert DVD itself. I'm going to give that a try so I can listen to it in my car.

Aayush 10-31-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by severianb (Post 186454)
I bet Lilly would love to hear a story like that.

yeah that would be just super awesome. :D

FanDeAliFee 11-06-2010 09:17 AM

Pass the good word along

Quote:

Originally Posted by severianb (Post 186454)
A wonderful touching story from our Indian friend. Thank you so much for telling it. I bet Lilly would love to hear a story like that.

This is a great example of a posting that belongs in the forthcoming Best of Alizée America forum! Please nominate it with your words here. Thanks!!!

FanDeAliFee 11-16-2010 05:10 PM

Visit new thread on Claudine Longer songs for Alizée

A new thread explores whether the musical catalog of retired whispery French chanteuse Claudine Longet would prove suitable material for Alizée to record. It should prove of interest to readers of this thread. Find it at POLL - Claudine Longet - should Alizée sing her songs?.

rj.bagby 11-16-2010 11:12 PM

Dr Alizee

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aayush (Post 186336)
Guyz, an amazing thing happened today. My grandma became a huge fan of lili.:) Yeah i know that's not a big deal, but let me narrate the whole story :
Yesterday my granny was feeling very uncomfortable as because she had taken many sleeping pills but then also she was unable to sleep. This has been happening from last few days. Doctor told that she was mentally pretty disturbed about something which she didn't told to anyone of us. Doctor was too helpless at that point and told my father to take care of her and told that her surrounding needed a fresh new change. We kept some sweet smelling flowers, but that didn't worked much. Just then a crazy idea came to my mind. I thought of playing some slow lili songs ;) and i knew that it'll surely work but that silly doctor didn't approved that. But i insisted that we should try atleast and they without much hope accepted my idea. Then came the most challenging task, which songs i should pick ?? I was aware of the fact that nobody in our family(including ma granny) understands french, so i choosed 6 lili songs, they were : parler tout bas, a quoi rêve une jeune, coeur dèja pris, par les paupièrer, psychédélices and lui ou toi. Then i plugged out my earphone and plugged in a speaker in my ipod. Just when lili started to create her magic, my family members were totally confused about my activities and told me to stop the music:(. But i just asked them to leave her alone for half an hour. We all went out of the room then. I was very nervous outside, if the songs will not work then what will happen ? I was hoping that atleast the condition should not go more worse. But our lili did it, her songs really worked well. When we entered the room after half hour, grandma was sleeping peacefully. I was damn happy then, and my whole family was just shocked along with the doctor. I was feeling really proud of alizée:D. All congratulated me and my great idea. But the real suspense was yet to be unfold, did she slept due to all those songs or due to medicines ?? When she woked up today in the morning, i was pretty eager to ask about her opinions of the songs and she was really happy at that moment. She told that she didn't even understood a single word but the voice of that lady was so sweet and cool that she forgot all her pains and got lost in her songs. Then she asked me bit by bit details of her and we discussed about lili for 2 hours;) . I showed her some of lili vids and she was impressed and became a fan of her. I was kinda feeling that what is happening ??? She never behaved in that manner. I was really shocked to see that amount of interest from an old person like her.
So guyz, Dr. Alizée jacotey did her job to perfection. My respect towards lili has increased a 1000 times now.:) Hats off to her.
So if you have ever came acrossed a situation like this, then do share it here with us. :)

As I have told this forum before, the way I discovered Alizee was a suggestion by my doctor while I was being treated for depression. The VA doctor said to try listening to some music from another country and see if it helps to relax you. I then looked up French musicians and found Alizee. I always liked the French language and I thought this might be cool hearing somebody sing in French. Wow! I was lucky that Alizee was the first one I ran into, and I have never stopped listening. I don't take any medication for depression anymore. It's still a struggle sometimes, but Alizee picks me up.

Azhiri 11-16-2010 11:17 PM

What a beautiful, inspiring story Aayush. I know Alizee would be SO happy that she lent her services to your grandmother, and how sweet of you to help her like that. :wub:

Aayush 11-16-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj.bagby (Post 188060)
As I have told this forum before, the way I discovered Alizee was a suggestion by my doctor while I was being treated for depression. The VA doctor said to try listening to some music from another country and see if it helps to relax you. I then looked up French musicians and found Alizee. I always liked the French language and I thought this might be cool hearing somebody sing in French. Wow! I was lucky that Alizee was the first one I ran into, and I have never stopped listening. I don't take any medication for depression anymore. It's still a struggle sometimes, but Alizee picks me up.

Ah, so one more is actually treated by Dr. Alizée. Nice to hear that Rj.bagby :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhiri (Post 188065)
What a beautiful, inspiring story Aayush. I know Alizee would be SO happy that she lent her services to your grandmother, and how sweet of you to help her like that. :wub:

I just, by chance, tried that stuff as i was really having no idea at that point. Actual magic was done by lili's songs. I and my granny really owe her a lot :wub: