Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   The AAm Project (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   [2009-03-28] USA fan banner for Paris! (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4268)

Ben 09-30-2008 08:08 PM

[2009-03-28] USA fan banner for Paris!

Hey all.

As you probably know, Alizée isn't getting the attention she deserves in France. We'd like to do something at the Grand Rex to help change that. The idea is to display a massive vinyl banner while waiting outside the concert, either 4x12 or 5x15 feet, representing her American fans. Hopefully this will gain some media attention!

Of course printing something that large and shipping it to France isn't cheap, so we're asking for donations. Let us know if you'd like to contribute, and how much. Once we see how many responses we get, and know the exact cost of everything, we'll let each of you know how much to send. It won't be more than your maximum amount, but it may be less!

If you want an idea what you're chipping into, here's a work in progress. The logo's a placeholder, and we still need some text in addition to the website urls ("alizeeamerica.com" and "lillytownusa.com"). A cheesy pun related to flying to go along with the image would probably be best. Something like "we've just flown in from America, and boy are our arms tired" (:p), but that doesn't translate well into French. Any of the experts here have suggestions?

Thanks! And see many of you at the concert! :)

TheBarrett 09-30-2008 08:10 PM

I like it, in fact I love it, I haven't seen a photoshop that has caught my attention that gracefully as this one.

But I don't get why we'd put "Text Goes Here" on our text, seems odd. :p:p:p

Amigo! 09-30-2008 08:54 PM

That is an awesome design :wub:

woohoo 09-30-2008 09:05 PM

Great design but the American flag should be a little more defined.

marik 09-30-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBarrett (Post 116457)
I like it, in fact I love it, I haven't seen a photoshop that has caught my attention that gracefully as this one.

But I don't get why we'd put "Text Goes Here" on our text, seems odd. :p:p:p

its kinda a pattern on where to put the "Original text" and as what said earlier on the LTUSA

awesome design :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by woohoo (Post 116466)
Great design but the American flag should be a little more defined.

he's right :p

Ruroshen 09-30-2008 09:13 PM

Hmm, nice. Too bad I'm Canadian...

...oh, all right...I guess I could chip in...so long as you don't mind taking our froot loop-coloured money with ducks on it...

Seriously, though...would a single, solitary maple leaf have been too much to ask...? :p

Ben 09-30-2008 09:20 PM

I was thinking of you and a few other Canadians while making this, Ruroshen, but couldn't figure out an easy or elegant way to include you. One idea was to list everyone's location along the bottom as text. Like, "New York, LA, San Fransisco, etc.", and include places like Toronto there. But I don't think we'll have time to organize that.

Amigo! 09-30-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruroshen (Post 116469)
so long as you don't mind taking our froot loop-coloured money with ducks on it...

You weren't kidding... http://www.alizee-forum.com/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

http://www.atsnotes.com/catalog/canada/canada-94.JPG

woohoo 09-30-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

...oh, all right...I guess I could chip in...so long as you don't mind taking our froot loop-coloured money with ducks on it...

Seriously, though...would a single, solitary maple leaf have been too much to ask...? :p

There is a Maple leaf. It's right here see, look real close.
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c.../mapleleaf.jpg

Ruroshen 09-30-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 116471)
I was thinking of you and a few other Canadians while making this, Ruroshen, but couldn't figure out an easy or elegant way to include you. One idea was to list everyone's location along the bottom as text. Like, "New York, LA, San Fransisco, etc.", and include places like Toronto there. But I don't think we'll have time to organize that.

Heh, I'm just being a smartass sir, but thanks for the thought. I'd be happy to contribute to the cause, of course. :D

Ben 09-30-2008 09:29 PM

What do you guys think of that location idea though? I might actually like to attempt it. Starting posting where you're from in this thread I guess!

Ruroshen 09-30-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 116479)
What do you guys think of that location idea though? I might actually like to attempt it. Starting posting where you're from in this thread I guess!

I do like the idea, actually...if there's time and space to accomodate it.

Toronto, Ontario here...land of bagged milk, mayonnaise and duck-money. :D

lefty12357 09-30-2008 10:56 PM

I'd be happy to contribute something too. I really like the idea and I think the design looks great...

Idéaliser 10-01-2008 06:48 AM

love the design, looks like she's actually flying :wub:

btw, I'm from upstate New York :o

Roman 10-01-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

That's real money? :eek: just kidding. Oh, you Canadians are great. Never ending source of amusement. :p
"Toronto, Ontario here...land of bagged milk, mayonnaise and duck-money." you're killing me here.

I'm in. Hope people see this thread. Don't forget to announce on any and all concert organizing threads. or just email everyone in the world.

lowbeam 10-01-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 116456)
Hey all.

Of course printing something that large and shipping it to France isn't cheap. We're talking around $500 here. So that's why we're asking for donations. Let us know if you'd like to contribute, and how much.

I would like to contribute starting at $100 U.S. I was proud to help hold the Alizée Mexico banner during the Monterrey concert and I'd be delighted to help hold this one, or at least help pay. If you write locations, St. Louis for me, I'm from just outside but St. Louis sounds more "French".

Roman 10-01-2008 07:22 AM

Oh yeah, I'm from just outside Sacramento, California, both of which sound Mexican I guess (well, and were of course).

alizee lover 10-01-2008 09:39 AM

I love the desing but maybe the american flag should be more noticable:D cuz what if she doesnt see it. I would contribute too but would need more information on how much its going to be:confused:

outlaw 10-01-2008 12:31 PM

ding!

hmm mine was like ALIZEE: the supernaturally talented

jus a thought:D

Future Raptor Ace 10-01-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 116456)
Hey all.

As you probably know, Alizée isn't getting the attention she deserves in France. We'd like to do something at the Grand Rex to help change that!

The idea is to display a massive vinyl banner while waiting outside the concert, either 4x12 or 5x15 feet, representing her American fans. Hopefully this will gain some media attention!

Of course printing something that large and shipping it to France isn't cheap. We're talking around $500 here. So that's why we're asking for donations. Let us know if you'd like to contribute, and how much.

Once we see how many responses we get, and know the exact cost of everything, we'll let each of you know how much to send. It won't be more than your maximum amount, but it may be less!

If you want an idea what you're chipping into, here's a work in progress. The logo's a placeholder, and we still need some text. I wanted to make a cheesy pun on the image and say "we've just flown in from America, and boy are our arms tired" (:p), but I don't know how to express that in French. Any of the experts here have suggestions?

Thanks! And see many of you at the concert! :)

Ben you are the man!!!! This is exactly what we the US fans need to do. Let Alizee and the people of France that she is growing her in the US.

Also I agree with woohoo, make the flag stand out more. I mean make this image scream "America" Maybe put an American flag in the Alizee lettering or something
For the text why not quote her "Why not make the French language known in the US"
The Location idea seems kool

heyamigo 10-01-2008 02:31 PM

btw, if it costs so much to ship it, why not just have it printed in somewhere in paris?

Future Raptor Ace 10-01-2008 02:50 PM

^Wouldn't that cost more money, the exchange rate is still 1.4 in the Euros favor

Roman 10-01-2008 03:42 PM

Nous venons de voler ici à Paris et oh la la, nos bras sont épuisé !

Well, I'm not even certain if that is correst much less if it just sounds bizarre. I can imagine putting that on a banner and having people go by thinking, what's that supposed to mean? These American's are weird.

Ben 10-01-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyamigo (Post 116529)
btw, if it costs so much to ship it, why not just have it printed in somewhere in paris?

We actually have two people on our forum that work at professional printing shops, so I'm going with one of them to make sure we get a good deal and personal oversight. :)

In terms of price, again you can donate as much or as little as you want. If we get more than we need, which looks like it will happen, we'll lower everyone's amount accordingly. Which is why I'm not asking for anything to be sent now.

Thanks to all those who have responded, we're well on our way already!

Toc De Mac 10-01-2008 04:15 PM

I would not change the definition of the American flag.

It is clearly visible in its current form, and anything more bold would detract from the fact that the banner is to support Alizée and not America.

Idéaliser 10-01-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toc De Mac (Post 116539)

It is clearly visible in its current form, and anything more bold would detract from the fact that the banner is to support Alizée and not America.

+1 to that idea.

And nice translation Roman xD

edgar93 10-01-2008 07:31 PM

What about the canadians? It would be a great idea that americans and canadians get together...
well I'm Mexican, but I live in Toronto xD and the mexican fansite is not so cool.

ciarac77 10-02-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Exactly. Just think how it will look in its actual size and not on your computer screen. The design is fantastic!

Riccardo 10-02-2008 09:05 AM

Wow thats cool the banner I like it....

lefty12357 10-03-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

I also agree. I think it looks great the way it is. If you do decide to put locations on it, I would prefer just Minnesota rather than the name of the city I'm from.

And how about adding the addresses of the websites supporting the banner? Maybe that would be more useful than a list of cities.

Ben 10-03-2008 12:34 AM

Update on the punchline: it's proving most difficult to translate, so if any of you have an idea for some other funny/cute line relating to America and flying (since it looks like Lili is in the image), please let me know. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 116624)
And how about adding the addresses of the websites supporting the banner? Maybe that would be more useful than a list of cities.

Oh no doubt. That's always been the plan, don't worry. :)

It's also another reason not to change the prominence of the flag - the text will make it clear who this is from.

But I don't really want to talk design specifics, because as I said this is a work in progress and everything could still change. ;)

Ruroshen 10-03-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 116627)
Update on the punchline: it's proving most difficult to translate, so if any of you have an idea for some other funny/cute line relating to America and flying (since it looks like Lili is in the image), please let me know. Thanks!

As much as I do loves me a good, silly pun...the more I think about it, the more I think the most appropriate thing to put on the banner would be her quote about making the French language known in the United States. Have it appear in both English and French...could be a very classy way of showing her (and the world) that she's succeeding in some measure.

The only other semi-cute idea I can think of relating to flying and America is a possible take on "Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!"...but that's just how the brains of comic nerds work... :rolleyes:

Ben 10-03-2008 02:12 AM

One problem with that quote is that it was originally in Spanish. Now it is pretty easy to translate, but I imagine Alizée did in fact speak it in French. There's no way to know her exact wording, and it might be somewhat odd if we don't get it right.

Also I just feel a bit of levity is important, lest this be taken too seriously. I mean, I'm all for the idea and even started it, but really: A fifteen foot $500 banner sent trans-Atlantic by a bunch of Americans spending thousands of dollars to see a little French pop star in concert? Yeah, that's totally normal. :p

TheBarrett 10-03-2008 02:18 AM

What's defined normal for some, is blasphemy to others, and vice versa.
Personally the idea isn't crazy enough for me, but i'm a personal lunatic. :p
And yes, i'm having a "strange flying Alizée pun" writers block at the moment, I can't seem to think of anything good or useable.

Ruroshen 10-03-2008 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 116631)
One problem with that quote is that it was originally in Spanish. Now it is pretty easy to translate, but I imagine Alizée did in fact speak it in French. There's no way to know her exact wording, and it might be somewhat odd if we don't get it right.

Hmm...yeah, there is that. I forgot that was a print interview, so we only have the Spanish to go by. Could always just use the English translation on its own...but that kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Poop.

Quote:

Also I just feel a bit of levity is important, lest this be taken too seriously. I mean, I'm all for the idea and even started it, but really: A fifteen foot $500 banner sent trans-Atlantic by a bunch of Americans spending thousands of dollars to see a little French pop star in concert? Yeah, that's totally normal. :p
Also a good point. :p I'm sadly drawing a blank, though. I'd still like to do something with a play on 'Look, up in the sky...!', but damned if I can come up with anything... :o

Ben 10-03-2008 03:52 AM

Could try to work in the "traverser l’hémisphère" line from Par Les Paupières (one of my favorites), though I dunno if that's really funny or hits the "flying" image home enough.

Future Raptor Ace 10-03-2008 08:32 PM

hmmm a flying quote for Alizee, sorta sounds like something I should be able to come up with. Ill think for a bit

Idéaliser 10-03-2008 08:44 PM

I get to leave for France sunday :D

Btw, what section of the theater would the banner be held?

NarutoSoul 10-03-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idéaliser (Post 116683)
I get to leave for France sunday :D

Btw, what section of the theater would the banner be held?

*shakes fist at Idéaliser, then runs away while bawling like a baby*

Future Raptor Ace 10-03-2008 09:40 PM

I got a few quotes I hope you guys like;
"Who said you need wings to go sky high"
"The sky isn't only for birds and planes, its for people who can reach it"
"Alizee you have touched the sky, now all you have to do is keep flying"
"Alizee can you fly to US?"