Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   When Alizée tours... (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1192)

Sir Wood 01-08-2007 05:00 PM

When Alizée tours...

(Figured I'd sneak this question in from work while it's still fresh in my mind.)

When (and if) Alizée tours, do you think she will cover any of her prior songs from G and MCE?

Also, which one(s) do you think she will cover if any?

I'll let you concert experts enlighten me based on all your concert experiences. ;)

Azereus 01-08-2007 05:08 PM

I doubt she'll perform any of her old songs again. She may have already forgotten most of the choreography for a few of the songs such as JPVA.

brad 01-08-2007 05:13 PM

i think she will definitely sing ML, ACC, JEAM, Gourmandises, L'alize, etc .. etc ..

bt_bird_90 01-08-2007 05:24 PM

I'm with brad, I think she'd do old stuff. Like she said before, it's not really possible to hold a full-length concert with only one album worth of songs.

Azereus 01-08-2007 05:26 PM

Well I hope Brad's right. I would definatly look foward to seeing her sing her old songs.

Moe 01-08-2007 05:39 PM

Question is will she be allowed to sing old songs?

RadioactiveMan 01-08-2007 07:01 PM

Who can tell her no?

jeroh 01-08-2007 07:07 PM

moe won...

jeroh 01-08-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan (Post 24251)
Who can tell her no?

mylene i guess

Zack -Alizee Lover- 01-08-2007 07:19 PM

The question is
Does she still have that great voice?

TurinSZ 01-08-2007 07:20 PM

She has to play her old songs:)

TurinSZ 01-08-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- (Post 24254)
The question is
Does she still have that great voice?

You should not even ask that come on.

Cooney 01-08-2007 08:05 PM

I imagine she will still break out the songs that became singles. We can tell from watching current French TV that Moi... Lolita still has a big following (remember, it just got voted number 3 song of the last 10 years). As somebody just said, 1 album isn't enough to do a tour off of, and she'll probably be wanting to get one of those going relatively soon after the new album comes out, in order to help promote it and get back in the spotlight.

bt_bird_90 01-08-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooney (Post 24261)
I imagine she will still break out the songs that became singles. We can tell from watching current French TV that Moi... Lolita still has a big following (remember, it just got voted number 3 song of the last 10 years). As somebody just said, 1 album isn't enough to do a tour off of, and she'll probably be wanting to get one of those going relatively soon after the new album comes out, in order to help promote it and get back in the spotlight.

I get to be a referenced somebody, wohoo! :D

Sir Wood 01-08-2007 08:47 PM

I hope Brad is right. It would be treat to the fans old and new at the concert. Could you imagine the reaction in the straved-crazed fans at the very first concert when she comes out during the show with ML or the likes that we've all heard and sang over-and-over?

newalizeefan 01-08-2007 09:33 PM

she probably will perform some of her old songs.
well that is unless all her songs in her new album are better than all the old ones.
and a lot of artists perform their old songs in concert, it wouldnt really be a surprise.

lefty12357 01-08-2007 10:44 PM

I hope the songs on her new CD are really good. I read somewhere on the internet that the sales for the MCE CD were very disappointing compared to the first album she did. I hope her new CD outsells them both!

DJ_Greg 01-09-2007 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeroh (Post 24253)
mylene i guess

I'm not so sure. She's not impersonating someone else (she is Alizée, after all). And even if she doesn't own the rights to those songs, that has never stopped bands from covering other artists' songs at concerts.

It would be like when Creedence Clearwater Revival's producer sued John Fogerty for sounding too much like himself...

I don't know about France, but in the United States, an artist cannot be found guilty of plagiarizing himself/herself.

Finally: Michael Jackson owns the rights to the Beatles' catalog. Does that mean Paul and Ringo can't get together and play some of the old tunes at a concert? I don't think so.

newalizeefan 01-09-2007 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 24287)
I hope the songs on her new CD are really good. I read somewhere on the internet that the sales for the MCE CD were very disappointing compared to the first album she did. I hope her new CD outsells them both!

yea they were dissappointing COMPARED to gourmandises. but it still sold a lot.
well im hoping her new cd does outsell them both, but i think it will be hard to outsell gourmandises.

rcs 01-09-2007 05:56 AM

Alizee Has Natural Beauty and Talent From Her Youth

I can't imagine losing any of her talent. Even if she just walks back and forth across the stage, fans would still be mesmerized. :wub:

C-4 01-09-2007 09:39 AM

The thing that has puzzled me is that Gourmandise out-sold Contre-Courrants! I thought both were equally strong and Alizée's second album had great tunes on it, in my opinion.
Who can tell these things?
I'm sure Alizée will sing the more popularly received tunes from both of her first 2 albums along with many from her newest album.
I'm also sure that being as meticulous as she has been prior to now, she will look out-of-this-world great, and have her voice in top form. After all, this is a major step for her and if she does not look at every aspect, she may not be as well received as we all are hoping she will be.

Edcognito 01-09-2007 10:17 AM

New & Old Songs

This is fairly easy -

I've been to 50 concerts (so far in my life). Alizee' will sing old and new, the only thing she can't do (if she doesn't own the rights) is make money for singing the old songs. I just pray that i can see her live, sometime, anywhere! :wub: