Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wikipedia article for Psychédélices (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2414)

jaco 09-12-2007 12:19 PM

Wikipedia article for Psychédélices

There's now a Wikipedia article for Psychédélices. Should be a good place to keep track of all the confirmed information. Note that rumours should not be added to the article.

espire 09-12-2007 12:43 PM

NIce work, Jacoplane!

aditya8617 09-12-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaco (Post 63483)
There's now a Wikipedia article for Psychédélices. Should be a good place to keep track of all the confirmed information. Note that rumours should not be added to the article.

Did you add that info on wiki?

heyamigo 09-12-2007 01:32 PM

kinda premature to already declare fifty sixty as the 2nd single. lol..

Cooney 09-12-2007 01:36 PM

I don't think it's declaring it as second single, it's just listed as the other confirmed track at this time. Did I miss something?

heyamigo 09-12-2007 02:00 PM

check the alizée wiki page and it lists fifty sixty as single. i was assuming the same guy did that as well.

brad 09-12-2007 02:09 PM

great job jaco, hey while you are here... why did they remove this site from wikipedia's alizee entry, along with AF and the fanpage, but keep that alizee search crap? :confused:

Capn 09-12-2007 02:33 PM

lol you want me to make a wikipedia account and add it

aditya8617 09-12-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn (Post 63528)
lol you want me to make a wikipedia account and add it

What's the point if it gets deleted again. If we know the reason it got deleted it would be good.

Capn 09-12-2007 04:26 PM

well I suppose that if you put one fan page every fan site will want to go on their and considering all the alizee fan sites that wiki will be filled with fan pages soon enough

Boccob 09-12-2007 05:51 PM

Doesn't need to list every fan page. Just the good ones like moi-alizee.us. ;)

Capn 09-12-2007 05:53 PM

tell someone with one thats not so good that theirs isn't good and see if they care of your opinion

jaco 09-12-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad (Post 63522)
great job jaco, hey while you are here... why did they remove this site from wikipedia's alizee entry, along with AF and the fanpage, but keep that alizee search crap? :confused:

The Alizée search thing is gone no? The Alizée Wikipedia article was written mainly by me and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Soumyasch ... Soumyasch seems to have taken exception to any fan sites. I didn't actually notice that the link to Alizée America had been removed. I'll add it back, I think that I'm the only user that Soumyasch will listen to, so probably it will stay.

Edit:

Here you go
Brad :)

rcs 09-12-2007 06:20 PM

Yes please, put us back.

jaco 09-12-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyamigo (Post 63504)
kinda premature to already declare fifty sixty as the 2nd single. lol..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooney (Post 63507)
I don't think it's declaring it as second single, it's just listed as the other confirmed track at this time. Did I miss something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyamigo (Post 63519)
check the alizée wiki page and it lists fifty sixty as single. i was assuming the same guy did that as well.

Exactly, fifty-sixty should not be confirmed as the second single. If anyone reads something that is not correct, you know that you can edit Wikipedia by clicking the "edit" link. If you don't want to edit, just leave a message on Talk:Alizée, and someone will come along and fix the error.

heyamigo 09-12-2007 06:27 PM

yes, if there was to be 1 site about alizée listed, THIS site has to be it!!!

CFHollister 09-12-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaco (Post 63580)
The Alizée search thing is gone no? The Alizée Wikipedia article was written mainly by me and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Soumyasch ... Soumyasch seems to have taken exception to any fan sites. I didn't actually notice that the link to Alizée America had been removed. I'll add it back, I think that I'm the only user that Soumyasch will listen to, so probably it will stay.

Edit:

Here you go

Awesome jaco:cool: Thanks. but it seems to me the link should read "Alizée America" not simply "America"

jaco 09-12-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFHollister (Post 63589)
Awesome jaco:cool: Thanks. but it seems to me the link should read "Alizée America" not simply "America"

Yes, I had already fixed that :)

brad 09-12-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaco (Post 63580)

Edit:

Here you go

thanks jaco! :D

and yeah that alizee search thing is under the "See also" section.

CFHollister 09-12-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaco (Post 63591)

Well not when I looked and posted :rolleyes: :)

marik 09-13-2007 12:08 AM

is this a member edit article? i mean is the article edit by a member here?

jaco 09-14-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marik (Post 63655)
is this a member edit article? i mean is the article edit by a member here?

yeah, I wrote most of the article (somebody else started the article, but I improved it. It looked like this before I edited the article). That's nothing special though... anyone can edit Wikipedia, actually I hope people in this community will help improve the article as more information becomes available. All it takes is to click the "edit" link.

To view who wrote any article in Wikipedia, click on the "history" link at the top of any article. For example, view the history for the Psychédélices article.

jaco 09-14-2007 07:28 PM

One more thing I just discovered, when I do a Google search for "Psychédélices", the first hit for me is the Wikipedia article. I know that Google results tend to vary based on geographic location, so can anyone else confirm this?

Capn 09-14-2007 07:35 PM

confirmed google search

aditya8617 09-14-2007 07:48 PM

Great job Jaco. Alizee would reward you if she knew about your effort.

jaco 09-14-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya8617 (Post 64136)
Great job Jaco. Alizee would reward you if she knew about your effort.

Thanks :) To tell you the truth this article was not much work at all, I put much more effort in getting the Alizée article to the state it is now. I hope that having a good Wikipedia article will get more English-speakers interested in her and will help her career. Still, anything I might have done is very much humbled by what Brad and others have achieved.

espire 09-16-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaco (Post 64134)
One more thing I just discovered, when I do a Google search for "Psychédélices", the first hit for me is the Wikipedia article. I know that Google results tend to vary based on geographic location, so can anyone else confirm this?

That's not the reason, Wikiepedia just has an extremely high page rank in Google.

marik 09-16-2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boccob (Post 63569)
Doesn't need to list every fan page. Just the good ones like moi-alizee.us. ;)

yeah it is good! and BTW your sig is so funny! Killian for president :D

marik 09-16-2007 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaco (Post 64133)
yeah, I wrote most of the article (somebody else started the article, but I improved it. It looked like this before I edited the article). That's nothing special though... anyone can edit Wikipedia, actually I hope people in this community will help improve the article as more information becomes available. All it takes is to click the "edit" link.

To view who wrote any article in Wikipedia, click on the "history" link at the top of any article. For example, view the history for the Psychédélices article.

one more thing! are you kinda Mod there? or something like an Admin? or what? or regular user? its good BTW keep us in top amigo!:)

heyamigo 10-21-2007 01:34 PM

i was wondering...the album art for Psychédélices, has it been confirmed? i know it was initially revealed by amina here, but there were no confirmations as far as i know. i'm just wondering if it belongs on alizee's wiki page as well as the Psychédélices wiki page so prominently. perhaps we should put "unconfirmed album art" instead of declaring it "the album cover." i'm just not a fan of putting unconfirmed things on the wiki page as if it were factual.

edit: it was Soumyasch who put that album art there, so maybe we should talk to him.

espire 10-21-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyamigo (Post 71736)
i was wondering...the album art for Psychédélices, has it been confirmed? i know it was initially revealed by amina here, but there were no confirmations as far as i know. i'm just wondering if it belongs on alizee's wiki page as well as the Psychédélices wiki page so prominently. perhaps we should put "unconfirmed album art" instead of declaring it "the album cover." i'm just not a fan of putting unconfirmed things on the wiki page as if it were factual.

To tell the truth, it shouldn't be there at all. Wikipedia is not an encyclopedia of speculation, it's an encyclopedia of facts.

heyamigo 10-21-2007 01:47 PM

yea i made a new note on the talk page regarding this, hopefully it will be addressed. if not, i might have to do it myself. :p

heyamigo 10-21-2007 01:53 PM

hehe i see you are doing it yourself, espire. good job.

espire 10-21-2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyamigo (Post 71742)
hehe i see you are doing it yourself, espire.

If there's anything I've learned with my limited time editing on Wikipedia, it's that you have to be bold. A person is much more likely to accept your change than decide that your prospective change is important enough that they should bother.

Remember, what's done can always be undone, but if you don't do it in the first place, who will know what could have been done? It's almost the opposite of any other situation ;)

heyamigo 10-21-2007 01:58 PM

well Soumyasch responded to my post in the talk page and agrees with the removal.

damn i also noticed 50-60 listed as another single on the Psychédélices page (citing speculation article) and again making it seem like it's a confirmed thing.

rcs 10-21-2007 02:14 PM

Maybe just mention 50-60 as speculation until something is confirmed. Good job otherwise guys.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like you covered this already

Solaris 10-21-2007 02:21 PM

That wiki is how I was able to find this site! Cause I usually wiki something or google it before I delve into it. So its a good thing you all stuck that link back up there. Kepp up the good work guys!

Roman 10-21-2007 02:50 PM

Yes, Wikipedia is an encyclopedia of facts, not speculations. It is clever to list references/external sites though where speculations are made.
As for album art, it looks like we can't use any photos of Alizée or album art. I don't see anything there. Isn't there a fan taken photo or something that we can use for the picture of Alizée? You know, one where she's posing for a photo that's already all over the fan sites.
This just seems lame that we can't have any pictures of anything about Alizée.
As for lists of Alizée web sites, check it out. This one is getting pretty long: http://forums.alizeealliance.net/ali...dpost&p=129917

Cooney 10-22-2007 01:48 PM

The art is definitely speculation at this point. I think it could be used with a caption specifically stating that it is what is being anticipated by some parts of the fan community at this time, and it's unknown if it will be the actual art. Alternatively, one could use the entirely genuine Mademoiselle Juliette "cover art" and comment that it's from the first single extracted from the new album, the art for which is not yet known.

Seriously though, people think Fifty/Sixty is speculation? If it's not on Psychédélices, where exactly do people think it is going? It is her singing, it's a new song, and if you believe the scare-mongers cries of her removing it because of some invented public reaction, I've got some swampland in Florida to sell you.

heyamigo 10-22-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooney (Post 71857)
Seriously though, people think Fifty/Sixty is speculation? If it's not on Psychédélices, where exactly do people think it is going? It is her singing, it's a new song, and if you believe the scare-mongers cries of her removing it because of some invented public reaction, I've got some swampland in Florida to sell you.

that's not the point cooney. it has nothing to do with whether we "think" it is her song and it's on the album.

the point is, wikipedia is not the place for unconfirmed speculations, especially when it is not noted as so. sure i know 50-60 likely has a place on the new album, but writing on wikipedia as if it has already been confirmed/anounced is misleading and irresponsible. its simply not a "fact" (yet). :o