Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NFL/College Football Thread (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4243)

Ali 09-20-2008 03:11 AM

NFL/College Football Thread

American football is kicking into high gear. What are some of your guys predictions for this year?

I believe the oiled USC machine is going to steamroll the competition all the way to the National Championship game.:cool: So, I pick USC to be #1/#2 all throught the season especially after their hammering of Ohio State. Other than that it's anybody's guess who will be the other team to make it to the Championship game (I guess it's too early), I am guessing it might be Sooners or Georgia.

JCC 09-20-2008 11:32 AM

AMEN, brother!:D USC is unbeatable right now!.. I was at the Ohio State / USC game last weekend...but couldn't see jack cos we were like 3 rows from the very TOP of the coliseum...but it was hellua fun! Did more people watching than anything. There's a few games on the schedule that could be very tough...Oregon, Arizona state, and those dreaded UCLA bruins..

Haven't really gotten into the NFL yet.

mavsluver41 09-20-2008 12:05 PM

College football's not my thing.

But the Cowboys win the superbowl, hands-down. Any questions? :p.

woohoo 09-20-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavsluver41 (Post 115678)

From a Texan trapped in Virginia I have to say Cowboys over the redskins to all these northerners up here.

Ali 09-20-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavsluver41 (Post 115678)

I used to be a Cowboys fan when I used to live down in Texas. :) But this was in the '90s when they had Troy Aikman, Emith Smith, Deon Sanders, back in the day when they were winning all those Superbowl. Nowdays though I am not a big fan of them.

Ali 09-20-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC (Post 115676)
AMEN, brother!:D USC is unbeatable right now!.. I was at the Ohio State / USC game last weekend...but couldn't see jack cos we were like 3 rows from the very TOP of the coliseum...but it was hellua fun! Did more people watching than anything. There's a few games on the schedule that could be very tough...Oregon, Arizona state, and those dreaded UCLA bruins..

Haven't really gotten into the NFL yet.

USC is a MACHINE! :D I was reading an article on ESPN, they totally have a different vibe about them before each game that is completely different when compared to other teams. Players are all goofing of having fun before each game while the others teams are all serious and everything before each game. They are so cool and relaxed. :cool:

Youpidou1 09-23-2008 12:28 AM

LET'S GO GIANTS. And Jets for Brett Farve. I think the Jet's will make it far this year even though they did poorly in tonights game. Giants are going to the superbowl again! ELI is a crazy QB.

Tchaikovsky 09-23-2008 12:49 AM

GO BEARS!!!!!!!
http://www2.wabash.edu/blog/images/bears1_10241.jpg

That is all.

Fish 09-23-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC (Post 115676)
AMEN, brother!:D USC is unbeatable right now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali
USC is a MACHINE!

I beg to differ... :(

http://www.scsoccer.com/soccer3.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavsluvr41

But the Cowboys win the superbowl, hands-down. Any questions?

Win a playoff game, then we'll talk ;)

Ali 09-27-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 115879)
I beg to differ... :(

You might be right. They lost to Oregon. Yikes! How did that happen? But you got to admit they have been consistent in winning games. They win at least 9-10 games each season.

Ali 10-11-2008 06:03 PM

An Epic Upset! #1 Oklahoma falls to Texas. Go Texas! Hook'em Horns! I never really liked Oklahoma anyways, some of their fans can be real asses.

JCC 10-12-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali (Post 117385)
An Epic Upset! #1 Oklahoma falls to Texas. Go Texas! Hook'em Horns! I never really liked Oklahoma anyways, some of their fans can be real asses.

OU lost, but won't fall far in the polls. This has been the year for upsets so far, as was last year. USC is pretty much outta the Title picture (:()...#1 was there for the taking for LSU, but they lost..so did Missouri. Bama is probably going to be #1, then Texas a close second, followed by Penn st....then Oklahoma...and probably USC or Florida....and Look out, but BYU might creep up higher too!

jung_adore_ALIZEE 10-12-2008 09:16 AM

Well the Buffalo Bills are actually doing good again this year maybe just maybe they can win their conference this year

NoHandleBars 10-17-2008 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE (Post 117445)
Well the Buffalo Bills are actually doing good again this year maybe just maybe they can win their conference this year

Defiantly a possibility! Their biggest rival is most defiantly the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!(lol). ... While my family is from Buffalo Im not a bills fan. I am a bret farve fan so LETS GO JETS! lol.. My "Team" is the Titans though. They use to be the Houston Oilers when I lived in Houston. So I followed them to Tennesse(as a fan, not living wise :p). Only undefeated team!! WOO!! LETS GO TITANS!!!

jung_adore_ALIZEE 10-17-2008 07:42 AM

^I remember that too just glad the Bills made their biggest comeback against them in 93 for the conference title only to lose to the Cowboys yet again

i_luv_alizee 10-21-2008 11:58 PM

My Green Bay Packers are 3-3. Unfortunately they should be at least 5-1. I can almost understand losing to Dallas (NOT!) but losing to Tampa Bay and Atlanta is unacceptable.

Fish 10-22-2008 08:42 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tRFOoOUV9Vs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tRFOoOUV9Vs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I hate refs.

Ali 01-06-2009 01:50 PM

BCS Championship game is here. Who is your pick? Florida or Oklahoma.

I am for Florida all the way! :cool:

Future Raptor Ace 01-06-2009 04:37 PM

I cant believe my school(Buffalo Bulls) lost to UConn in the International Bowl. That enzone interception made me go crazy

All i have to say is WTF happened to the Jets, oh well who cares.............LETS GO G-MEN!!!! Giants 08 and 09 woooooooot!!!

Ali 01-08-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace (Post 123682)
I cant believe my school(Buffalo Bulls) lost to UConn in the International Bowl. That enzone interception made me go crazy

All i have to say is WTF happened to the Jets, oh well who cares.............LETS GO G-MEN!!!! Giants 08 and 09 woooooooot!!!

Hmm...not much of a Jest fan but I like the Giants! ;) As for your school though I think they have great potential next season.

The Best Bowl Game Ever! The 2007 Fiesta Bowl- Boise State VS Oklahoma:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C7Duuh7vLZE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C7Duuh7vLZE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^^I would love to see Oklahoma lose like that today's game.;)

Future Raptor Ace 01-08-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali (Post 123784)
Hmm...not much of a Jest fan but I like the Giants! ;) As for your school though I think they have great potential next season.

The Best Bowl Game Ever! The 2007 Fiesta Bowl- Boise State VS Oklahoma:

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/C7Duuh7vLZE&hl=en&fs=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

^^I would love to see Oklahoma lose like that today's game.;)

wow that game does look interesting. Not much of a college football fan to be honest, just the miracle season the Bulls had this year got me into it a bit.

Fish 01-09-2009 12:29 AM

http://content.answers.com/main/cont..._Utes_logo.png
UTAH UTES- NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 2008

(The BCS is a farce)

Ali 01-11-2009 12:16 PM

YAY!!! Florida Wins!! This goes to show that the SEC is still the best conference in College Football. Three straight National Championship from an SEC team. The competition is so intense in the SEC that any team that goes to the National Championship game has a very good chance of winning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace (Post 123801)
wow that game does look interesting. Not much of a college football fan to be honest, just the miracle season the Bulls had this year got me into it a bit.

You guys did great this season. I remember the last second touchdown that the Bulls had against one of the teams (don't remember which), that was probably the best play of the college season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 123815)
(The BCS is a farce)

You know what they say, BCS= Bullshit Championship Series. ;)

Seriously, they really need to get a playoff system going. Even Obama was talking about it. It's time for a change. It's so unfair to teams like Utah who had a perfect season but still did not have a chance to play of the National Championship game. Any team that comes out of their conference will never have a chance to play in the title game if even they go undefeated. That is totally unfair.

Now I have to 8 more months for the College season to start again. :( Well at least there is the NFL playoffs. :)

Future Raptor Ace 01-11-2009 09:52 PM

how did the giants lose......................................... = (

Youpidou1 01-13-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace (Post 123954)
how did the giants lose......................................... = (

NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA...HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE!
Jk I like the giants but Eli played his worse.

Future Raptor Ace 01-13-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youpidou1 (Post 124049)
NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA...HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE!
Jk I like the giants but Eli played his worse.

yea he threw too many picks in one game :( but it wasn't just him, the giants just couldnt exacute on 3rd down

Rocket 01-13-2009 07:53 PM

Cardinals beating the Steelers in the Super Bowl. The Great and Powerful Rocket has spoken. :p

Future Raptor Ace 01-13-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 124069)
Cardinals beating the Steelers in the Super Bowl. The Great and Powerful Rocket has spoken. :p

we shall see rocket, we shall see :)
My bet is on the Eagles, the way they played if they keep it up they have a shot

edgar93 01-13-2009 09:17 PM

The Toronto FC will kick LA Galaxy's ass with or without Beckham.
Though my fav one is Chicago Fire, and with no doubt, they will be next season's champions just because my idol C. Blanco is on the team.

What this isn't for discussing the MLS aussi :D?

Ali 01-14-2009 01:34 AM

Surprised Giants lost. I wonder if Eagles will choke like they always do when they get to big games. I wonder if this might the year for change.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgar93 (Post 124074)
The Toronto FC will kick LA Galaxy's ass with or without Beckham.
Though my fav one is Chicago Fire, and with no doubt, they will be next season's champions just because my idol C. Blanco is on the team.

What this isn't for discussing the MLS aussi :D?

He he soccer fan.:p I am a huge soccer fan but mostly follow Europe.

AceTone 01-14-2009 03:24 AM

Ravens win SB XLIII against the Cardinals. I'll be surprised if it turns out differently ... a lil' bit. :p

EDIT:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/8255940

Pittsburgh's mayor has modified his last name to honor the Steelers, who are vying for the AFC Championship. Bye-bye Luke Ravenstahl and hello Luke Steelerstahl.

Ravenstahl, er, Steelerstahl said he decided to remove raven from his name just as the Steelers will remove the hated Baltimore Ravens from contention on Sunday.

Ravenstahl made the ceremonious change on Wednesday and will keep it at least through Sunday.

Coincidentally, stahl is German for steel.

lol

Rocket 01-18-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace (Post 124072)
we shall see rocket, we shall see :)
My bet is on the Eagles, the way they played if they keep it up they have a shot

The Cardinals beat the Eagles 32-25! :p Superbowl bound baby! :wub:

Rocket 01-19-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 124069)

OMG!! :eek: WHO CALLED IT? WHO-CALLED-IT? You guys don't have to kiss my feet. Just nuzzle them and whisper 'You're the best Rocket! You're the best!'

mavsluver41 01-19-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 124320)
OMG!! :eek: WHO CALLED IT? WHO-CALLED-IT? You guys don't have to kiss my feet. Just nuzzle them and whisper 'You're the best Rocket! You're the best!'

Hold your horses, you're not completely right yet - we'll find out on the 1st ;). If you're right then...I'll consider it :D.

Wow, it must be gloomy as hell in Philadelphia: the Eagles get rejected again, and the next morning, Dirk slays the 76ers with a buzzer-beating shot :cool:.

rcs 01-19-2009 08:26 PM

I live across the parking lot from the Cardinal stadium. The fans didn't stop celebrating until about 2 am when they were kicked out of the nearby bars and restaurants. They were still honking their car horns and shouting at the top of their lungs! Sounded like fun. :p

Amigo! 01-19-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcs (Post 124334)
They were still honking their car horns and shouting at the top of their lungs! Sounded like fun. :p

You were the one honking the car horn... Weren't ya? :p

rcs 01-19-2009 08:41 PM

Nah, I watched from my balcony...a safe distance away from the good, the bad, and the ugly fans that can sometimes get wild. The parking lot attendants were still cleaning up the trash left behind this afternoon. Damn, were they messy. :blink:

Amigo! 01-19-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcs (Post 124340)
Nah, I watched from my balcony...a safe distance away from the good, the bad, and the ugly fans that can sometimes get wild. The parking lot attendants were still cleaning up the trash left behind this afternoon. Damn, were they messy. :blink:

Win or lose, just wait until after the Super Bowl :rolleyes: :eek:

Elle est un phenomene 01-20-2009 12:31 AM

I see the Steelers winning it but Im Rooting for the Cardinals all the way! Only team in the NFC I've been rooting for.

nurvonic 01-21-2009 11:07 PM

im calling it right now. the steelers will beat the cardinals by 50 bajillion points...