Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée News (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [2008-10-07] Paris Concert Re-Scheduled (Merged) (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4283)

Roman 10-07-2008 10:14 AM

[2008-10-07] Paris Concert Re-Scheduled (Merged)

Again, may be canceled:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/showpost...&postcount=398

Sir Wood 10-07-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roman (Post 116922)

rcs just texted me about this. Oh no, please not again! :(

BTW, could you quote the actual Alizee Alliance post that you read?

Amigo! 10-07-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Wood (Post 116930)
rcs just texted me about this.

Yeah I told him I just don't know... Especially with everything i've been reading on AF today :( :mad:

Roman 10-07-2008 12:56 PM

http://www.alizeealliance.net/forum/...dpost&p=197329

Sir Wood 10-07-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roman (Post 116935)

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant was the actual text that the person wrote and not the URL to it because I can't check that at the moment. I'll check later tonight after work. Thanks anyway!

/sigh I guess it's a 48-hour waiting game now...

Roman 10-07-2008 03:15 PM

http://www.lapetition.be/en-ligne/ma...lize-3161.html

There, go sign that petition just to show how many signatures we can get on there and represent our country, whatever it may be. You must give it an email address and when you submit you will have to go get an email and click a link there. Use http://translate.google.com if you have trouble understanding French. I'll probably be here a while too.

Ok, in case some of you don't get it, it is to bring back the concert. It is a symbolic gesture at least.

Tchaikovsky 10-07-2008 03:51 PM

Okay I signed :)

Sir Wood 10-07-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roman (Post 116941)
http://www.lapetition.be/en-ligne/ma...lize-3161.html

There, go sign that petition just to show how many signatures we can get on there and represent our country, whatever it may be. You must give it an email address and when you submit you will have to go get an email and click a link there. Use http://translate.google.com if you have trouble understanding French. I'll probably be here a while too.

Ok, in case some of you don't get it, it is to bring back the concert. It is a symbolic gesture at least.

I think this petition needs the help of our fellow fans from Mexico to make a significant impact.

It's really unfortunate if what is rumored holds to be true (especially with a petition surfacing) because many folks have already purchased their travel tickets and hotel reservations such as myself. It's a huge blow to us fans. Some who have saved all summer to afford what maybe their once in a life time trip. I feel a bit nauseated and emotions of my experience from the first Alizée Mexico City signing is swelling inside. :(

I hope RMJ's request is heard and that they or she tells the organizers to hell with them and simply moves it to another venue in Paris but maintains the same 10/23 date.

TheBarrett 10-07-2008 08:43 PM

Well she's not Mikael Åkerfeldt and can't just tell her managers and/or bosses to "f*** off".

But I do hope the same, if it is moved to next year or some other date then I will have scheduling problems.

woohoo 10-07-2008 10:18 PM

Well she is a mother first and foremost and having free time to do things like promoting herself is probably low on her list of things to do. So all her fans need to continue to promote her in their own way and her managers need to be slapped in the face and promote her in France, Mexico, and hopefully America. If they start promoting her in force she be super popular super fast.:)
Then the other aspect is that she told her management not to promote her because shes overwhelmed by her child, Jeremy, planning concerts, etc and she wants to wait a while before doing anything else. I dont know:confused:

Ruroshen 10-07-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woohoo (Post 116964)
Then the other aspect is that she told her management not to promote her because shes overwhelmed by her child, Jeremy, planning concerts, etc and she wants to wait a while before doing anything else. I dont know:confused:

A-HA!! I knew Jeremy would be her downfall! DAMN YOU, CHATELAIN! DAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOU!!

(Juuuuuuuust kiddin', J.C. Thought this thread could use a lil' levity is all... :D)

TheBarrett 10-07-2008 10:50 PM

Leave Jérémy Alone!

(Cries*)

:p

mavsluver41 10-07-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruroshen (Post 116967)
A-HA!! I knew Jeremy would be her downfall! DAMN YOU, CHATELAIN! DAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOU!!

(Juuuuuuuust kiddin', J.C. Thought this thread could use a lil' levity is all... :D)

Thank you Ruroshen and Barrett for injecting some of your much-needed humor. You are beacons in today's huge surge of pessimism, anger, uncertainty, and general dismay in the Lili community.

*Fingers crossed, hoping for the best*

jung_adore_ALIZEE 10-07-2008 11:06 PM

eh what happens will happen

no worries here

Ruroshen 10-07-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavsluver41 (Post 116972)
Thank you Ruroshen and Barrett for injecting some of your much-needed humor. You are beacons in today's huge surge of pessimism, anger, uncertainty, and general dismay in the Lili community.

*Fingers crossed, hoping for the best*

Heh.

"Ruroshen: making an ass of himself for the greater good since 1975."

:p

rcs 10-07-2008 11:23 PM

Why?

Sorry folks. I haven't posted in a looong time. But, this is the saddest day in a looong time also. I can't believe this, I'm just lost for words. I've signed the petition like so many other voting sites that I feel it's not going to bring us any luck. Very very sad coming from a 2-1/2 yr fan. :(

Vista 10-07-2008 11:57 PM

Alizee Paris Concert

FWIW, message on TicketNet.fr states, as follows:

"PRESENTATION :
concert reporté début 2009 - billet valable remboursement intégral"

(PRESENTATION: concert put back at the beginning of 2009 - valid ticket entire refund)

TicketNet
http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/fr/mani...7&idtier=78768

johnkim2222003 10-08-2008 12:30 AM

I am regarding this news as an official. I am not sure we should say thank or no. It is sad day. I cannot foresee how she would be recovered.

Sir Wood 10-08-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris (Post 738268)
OFFICIAL INFO AT http://www.kimaimemesuive.fr

"ALIZEE vient d’être récompensée d’un Luna’s Award, l’équivalent de nos Victoires de la Musique, et devra se rendre fin octobre au Mexique pour la remise du trophée.

KI M’AIME ME SUIVE, producteur de la tournée, se voit donc contraint de décaler le concert prévu au Grand Rex du 23 octobre 2008 au samedi 28 mars 2009 dans la même salle et ceci dans un souci de cohérence avec la seconde partie de la tournée qui a été reportée début 2009.

La Production et l’Artiste s’excusent du désagrément occasionné par ce changement de date. Les billets restent valables à la date du report mais peuvent également être remboursés dans les points de vente si souhaité. ALIZEE proposera un rendez-vous réservé à ses fans d’ici à la fin de l’année. »

So the dream has become a nightmare... concert postponed to 28.03.2009. The reason they postpone is ridiculous. She doesn't have to go for that award. Meeting at the end of the year ? How many times can you fly to Paris ? It costs !! Damn it! I can't book another flight because the airlines I've chosen has schedule until 28 March(you know winter/summer season date)!!

Source: AF

It's official. The concert has been postponed to next year for 28 March 2009. Those who bought tickets may have received the date change from which ever company they bought their concert ticket from. :(

I guess this can be categorized as "the need of the many, out way the need of the few..."

JCC 10-08-2008 11:17 AM

WOW! That sucks! One of the major reasons performers cancel or re-schedule concerts is due to very poor ticket sales, which most likely is the case. her previous Poor management comes into play w/this one, too. Her new management or whoever it is, Jive records i think, probably decided to postpone the performance and evaluate what they have in Alizee. Poor tix sales for a major venue and mediocore sales in her home country are red flags for new mangemnt. I don't buy the excuse of her attending an award show as a reason....thats BS!

Her fanbase is already upset at her lack of communication with the fans even before this concert. She's gonig to lose tons of fans cos of this.

NarutoSoul 10-08-2008 01:18 PM

While I am a little sorry for the people that have had stuff planned WAY in advance... For myself I must say: WOOOOOOOOOOO! http://www.alizee-forum.com/images/s...on_biggrin.gif I might actually get to go now! *increases saving efforts*

edgar93 10-08-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techno25000 (Post 116997)
I received an e-mail from Francebillet.com about ALizze concert. It is going to be re-scheduled to 28th March 2009

Wich one is going to be re-scheduled? the one at the Grand Rex?:confused:

heyamigo 10-08-2008 02:05 PM

damn at least it's march and not canceled.

Tchaikovsky 10-08-2008 02:47 PM

I don't think a concert in March is a viable alternative.

techno_Millenium 10-08-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgar93 (Post 117004)
Wich one is going to be re-scheduled? the one at the Grand Rex?:confused:

Yest the one that was to happen on 23rd October in Paris

Jamie 10-08-2008 03:35 PM

I suppose going to Mexico instead to accept the Luna' S Award, as indicated by Ki m'aime me suive , is considered more important than the concert.

ALIZEE vient d’être récompensée d’un Luna’s Award, l’équivalent de nos Victoires de la Musique, et devra se rendre fin octobre au Mexique pour la remise du trophée.

KI M’AIME ME SUIVE, producteur de la tournée, se voit donc contraint de décaler le concert prévu au Grand Rex du 23 octobre 2008 au samedi 28 mars 2009 dans la même salle et ceci dans un souci de cohérence avec la seconde partie de la tournée qui a été reportée début 2009.

La Production et l’Artiste s’excusent du désagrément occasionné par ce changement de date. Les billets restent valables à la date du report mais peuvent également être remboursés dans les points de vente si souhaité. ALIZEE proposera un rendez-vous réservé à ses fans d’ici à la fin de l’année.

Tiwaz 10-08-2008 03:36 PM

Now her myspace say 03-28-2009 too. Just a change of date like nothing ever happened...

Future Raptor Ace 10-08-2008 05:22 PM

Grand Rex Concert Re-Scheduled [Merged Thread]

According to posts on her myspace Alizees October concert was canceled......I'm not sure if this has been posted yet of if this rumor is true........

Vista 10-08-2008 05:45 PM

According to various sites, Alizee's October 23rd concert has been cancelled and rescheduled to March 28, 2009.

See Alizee Concert Rescheduled to March 28, 2009

Also see Alizee-Forum.com

Future Raptor Ace 10-08-2008 05:51 PM

*Shakes his head* This is definitely not good for Alizee. I hope for her sake she had a good reason or this. I also hope everything is ok with her.

Vista 10-08-2008 05:56 PM

Someone (Alizee?) on Alizee's Officiel MySpace is deleting comments regarding concert cancellation... see posts here Alizee Officiel MySpace Deletions.
Possible attempt at damage control?

LeFantôme 10-08-2008 06:29 PM

This website states that Alizée has already won the Luna's award:
http://unbrinalize.free.fr/site.php

It is very bizarre to cancel a concert on such short notice: I am thus sure that there is a very good reason. I don't get the feeling that the award has caused the cancellation; it's something else. I wouldn't doubt poor sales, but are there any other planned concerts? I thought that there were November concerts in other French cities and Belgium, but I can no longer find them. Am I crazy or have they been canceled as well? I mean, if that was the only concert planned than the tour was off to a bad start altogether.

We can stay positive. I'm sure the spring tour will so much the better.

Edit: just noticed: "Alizée proposera un rendez-vous réservé à ses fans d'ici à la fin de l'année" (source:http://www.kimaimemesuive.fr/kimaimemesuive_fr.html). My best translation: "Alizée will propose a meeting reserved for her fans by the end of the year." What???

woohoo 10-08-2008 07:43 PM

Do we know if she is doing anything in France or Spain in April 13-17 because if she is i could possible go. WOOHOO

Jamie 10-08-2008 08:14 PM

Sad that enough tickets weren't purchased for a concert in her own country. Well, I won't make the new date. That is 3 less tickets sold for the re-scheduled concert that may or not happen in March. I was going with, and paid for, 2 others and am out thousands of dollars now for nothing already. First I miss the Mexico concerts because of an accident, and now this.... Disappointed to say the least.

Sir Wood 10-08-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vista (Post 117026)
Someone (Alizee?) on Alizee's Officiel MySpace is deleting comments regarding concert cancellation... see posts here Alizee Officiel MySpace Deletions.
Possible attempt at damage control?

Yeah, I noticed this too. And nothing but a little date change and no comments. Thanks for playing! Sorry that you ran out of quarters! Y'all come back now. :(

Really, to give reason that is to attend an award that is a week after the concert is ridiculous. They must take us for loons!

Sir Wood 10-08-2008 08:49 PM

^^ Unfortunately, all those prior MySpace comments regarding news of the cancellation have been conveniently removed by someone.

woohoo 10-08-2008 08:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij-IQUKzOXI

Sir Wood 10-08-2008 08:56 PM

Source: AF
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 738397)
From FNAC:

Madam, Sir,
We announce to you that the demonstration of Alizée On October 23, 2008 A 20H30 A PARIS for which you had bought tickets near our services, CHANGE DATE.

It will take place ON MARCH 28, 2009 .

We inform you that the tickets REMAIN VALID FOR THE NEW DATE.

If however you do not wish to attend the new date and in order to allow us to refund you under the best conditions, we thank you for wanting well:

If you carried out your purchase near a store,
You to present in the point of sale where you bought your tickets; refunding will be carried out directly by the store.

If you carried out your purchase by correspondence,

Us to turn over the whole of the tickets which you have in your possession, as well as the small invoice (summary coupon of your purchase) with the following address:
FRANCE TICKET - VAD - 93538 THE PLAIN SAINT DENIS CEDEX

Refunding will be carried out by cheque if you had regulated by cheque, or credit of the account of the bank card which was useful at the time of the purchase.

Thank you to specify us again your postal co-ordinates and to return us your tickets so as to what it reach us BEFORE OCTOBER 25 2008.

Attention, in all the cases, last on October 25, 2008 and in the absence of tickets, it will not be possible any more to obtain refunding

At the time of a purchase by correspondence if you did not go yet to withdraw your tickets,
thank you to contact our telephone service to the 892.701.902 in order to imperatively inform us of your request for refunding before : October 23 2008Without information of your share your order will not be refunded.

Please, please, not answer this email, no treatment will not be carried out on a possible return.

By thanking you for your comprehension, receive, Madam, Sir, the expression of our cordial attention.

(added to first post)

Here's the translated e-mail to those who bought tickets from the respective vendors.

Ben 10-08-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeFantôme (Post 117029)
Edit: just noticed: "Alizée proposera un rendez-vous réservé à ses fans d'ici à la fin de l'année" (source:http://www.kimaimemesuive.fr/kimaimemesuive_fr.html). My best translation: "Alizée will propose a meeting reserved for her fans by the end of the year." What???

Yes, I noticed that too. Not sure what they mean, but it is interesting. Perhaps the only positive thing for us here. Though one thing's for sure, it will definitely be the final straw if only French fans are invited.

Roman 10-08-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 117075)
Yes, I noticed that too. Not sure what they mean, but it is interesting. Perhaps the only positive thing for us here. Though one thing's for sure, it will definitely be the final straw if only French fans are invited.

Well, if you are invited, can you afford to go? See, they need to get all this worked out quickly and tell us something quickly so we can know what do to with our plane tickets. We may incur a fee, but we might still be able to change the dates of our plane tickets and still attend something else.