Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Are you preordering Une Enfant Du Siècle? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5360)

Toc De Mac 02-04-2010 05:22 PM

Are you preordering Une Enfant Du Siècle?

Why? (10 char)

user472884 02-04-2010 05:24 PM

I bought one.

I didn't give a shit whether it was $50, $140, $500, $1000.

Why? I'm obsessed.

Fèvier 02-04-2010 05:24 PM

Its my first real musical obsession and I want to make the most of it :D:wub:

Människöpesten 02-04-2010 05:38 PM

chyeah why wouldn't i?

Deepwaters 02-04-2010 06:13 PM

Sorry, but 92 Euros is WAY outside my budget. Anyway I don't have a turntable, so a vinyl copy is useless to me.

I'll buy the album, but not at that price.

Fèvier 02-04-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepwaters (Post 150572)
Sorry, but 92 Euros is WAY outside my budget. Anyway I don't have a turntable, so a vinyl copy is useless to me.

I'll buy the album, but not at that price.

Well i dont have a turntable either but just having my first ever collectors edition of something is making me so excited i'd be willing to do almost anything to get one :rolleyes:

jmaca 02-04-2010 06:46 PM

ill buy one if they accept visa debit card...anyone know if they take debit? lol

user472884 02-04-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmaca (Post 150574)
ill buy one if they accept visa debit card...anyone know if they take debit? lol

I bought mine with a visa. No problems.

jmaca 02-04-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 150575)
I bought mine with a visa. No problems.

i just have an ATM card though, it should work fine right? lol i usually dont buy stuff online lol

lefty12357 02-04-2010 07:20 PM

I bought one. There was no question in my mind that I would. Of course it was in support of Alizée, but also because I just really wanted this collector's edition. I have a turntable, but I may only play them once, if at all. If they weren't so expensive, I would have bought two, one to play and one to preserve unopened.

When the regular edition CD comes out I will buy a number of those as well. I don't spend a lot of money on anything other than things music related, so I justify allowing myself to spend some on Alizée.

Fèvier 02-04-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 150578)
I bought one. There was no question in my mind that I would. Of course it was in support of Alizée, but also because I just really wanted this collector's edition. I have a turntable, but I may only play them once, if at all. If they weren't so expensive, I would have bought two, one to play and one to preserve unopened.

Thats what I plan on doing for everything else but since I don't have a credit or debit card, I just have to buy my stuff little by little. Except for this collector's edition. I'm going to try to somehow convince my dad to buy it for me :D

Bandit 02-04-2010 08:03 PM

I can't bring myself to preorder without hearing at least a sample of the songs. Psychedelics was too radical of a change from the prior two albums that I loved. With this one being a "concept" album I'm concerned that it will be way more artistic than entertaining and be even further removed from the style of music that made her popular.

jmaca 02-04-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit (Post 150580)
I can't bring myself to preorder without hearing at least a sample of the songs. Psychedelics was too radical of a change from the prior two albums that I loved. With this one being a "concept" album I'm concerned that it will be way more artistic than entertaining and be even further removed from the style of music that made her popular.

i dont have much problems with this album more of a concept as long as its more focused than psych was...psych seemed to touch upon too many genres and thats what took me away from that album compared to her first two (although i still loved psych :D)

Alex 02-04-2010 08:45 PM

All morning since 9:30am I've been happy,sad,excited,anxious, desperate for several reasons, but reason #1 for me was like most members here...$$$$...I have $50 left from my savings. I then needed 2 things (1) $90 more and (2) my mom's credit card:(. Luckily my sister saw my desperate attitude and was VERY kind in lending me $90 from her savings. I am VERY greatful and THANKFUL of her action and now that I have the money I only need the toughest thing of all.....my mom's credit card:eek:. I will wait about 2 days and try to convince her to let me borrow it, but the problem will be when she knows the amount I will spend($140):eek:. She will not understand me, but I will do what it takes so she could give me permission to use it:p

My current status in ordering the LIMITED Edition:
60% I'll order it:)
5% doubtful if wether it's worth it or not:confused:
35% that I will not have permission to order due to mom's CC reasons(-.-):(

ImRawdg 02-04-2010 08:57 PM

As said, that price is totally ridiculous. I was expecting a standard edition with a standard price... Sorry, it just isn't worth that much when I could just wait until March for a standard edition. I hope.

As far as style, I actually *hope* it's experimental, and that she at least took part in the songwriting. Fat chance of that, but who knows.

Fall 02-04-2010 09:02 PM

I know for a fact that I will order it, though I don't have enough in my bank account to get it. I have already made plans to go shoveling snow and cleaning people's driveways now that there seems to be a big snowstorm coming here. Me and my friend will hit every house we can, and hopefully get all the money (and hopefully some more for later purchases :D) by Monday. Hopefully, there won't be school on Monday either (we have tomorrow off) and we'll work then too. This is one of those crazy things you do with your best friend when they need help lol, my friend has a job already, so he doesn't need the money but luckily he's agreed to help out. Since we're gonna be splitting the money 50/50 (almost like the song :wub:) we're gonna need to work this whole weekend to get my share to at least $100 or so, the rest I can put in already. It is gonna be hell :( I'm up for it however, and I'm not gonna stop till I click ORDER!! :D

Edit: I read through this and saw that I used the word Hopefully 3 times, maybe that means something :blink:

lefty12357 02-04-2010 09:02 PM

I would have bought this album even if I had heard samples and they were really bad. Since I am a fan of Alizée's for the long haul, I will support her during the bad times as well as the good, just because I want her to always have another opportunity to amaze me and the rest of the world. In a way though, this is more of a collector's item than something to listen to. Like I said before, I'll be buying the regular CD for my daily listening needs. :)
I certainly understand that others may feel differently about this and that's cool. Everyone has to find their own comfort level in such things. It's probably not what I would consider a practical purchase, but it's something I nevertheless want. :)

Deepwaters 02-04-2010 11:14 PM

I am glad that so many people are ordering this package. Looks to me like it will probably sell out. Thought I should add that plug since I'm definitely not ordering it myself.

Hmm. Lefty, I don't believe I would order the album if I heard samples and they were awful. Or if I expected it to be awful (which I certainly don't). My feeling is that Alizée does not benefit from uncritical support. During the Psychédélices era, I praised her to the skies when I thought she deserved it, and criticized when I thought she deserved that. Assuming she paid attention (and I am reasonably sure she did), she knows that she can count on me to tell her honestly what I think. I will this time, too. So far, I like what I see. The theme and imagery seem more mature than ever before, more creative, more artistically developed. It remains to actually hear the new music, and to see her new performances. Based on what I have seen so far, I have high hopes. When the album comes out and I hear it and see her perform the new songs, if I tell her that it's great, she will know that that praise has been earned.

Rev 02-04-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaner360 (Post 150563)
Its my first real musical obsession and I want to make the most of it :D:wub:

I like that answer. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 150578)
I bought one. There was no question in my mind that I would. Of course it was in support of Alizée, but also because I just really wanted this collector's edition. I have a turntable, but I may only play them once, if at all. If they weren't so expensive, I would have bought two, one to play and one to preserve unopened...

Basically expresses my thinking as well.

I'm also glad, at least to some extent, to have bought it FROM her.

I bet they come out with another type of special edition (sans vinyl) when her CD is at or close to release.

Tupuz 02-04-2010 11:46 PM

Already bought. There was no question about buying. This was something I had to get. I am happy to support Alizée and happy to own such a precious thing... :wub:

deanej 02-05-2010 08:37 AM

Won't buy, it's way out of my price range. My checking account is already crying from textbook purchases for the spring semester. Plus I'm concerned that this will be a too radical change for me to take so I want to hear samples before ordering anything.

Tiwaz 02-05-2010 08:48 AM

Why? It's Alizée and now I have the chance to take part in this new era from the begining. I stumbled upon the news of its release so my heart rate whent up high and I didn't really think when ordering it.
The box itself only cost 65euro. Concidering what you get, not only in the box, I think it's reasonable priced.

Jurre 02-05-2010 08:49 AM

Depends... If I get any new projects next week and get paid for my last one on time then yes, otherwise nope, too expensive...

Sir Wood 02-05-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmaca (Post 150576)
i just have an ATM card though, it should work fine right? lol i usually dont buy stuff online lol

You can use PayPal - "Pay online with your PayPal balance, bank account, or credit card" ;)

ALS 02-05-2010 10:05 AM

I bought it for one reason, It's Alizée. Like Lefty12357 I'm a long term fan through the good times and the bad. The only Cd's that I have bought since 2005 are Alizée's. Not that I haven't acquired more music it's just when it comes to Alizée :wub: I actually purchase it through legitimate sources. :D

Nafas 02-05-2010 10:09 AM

I bought it yesterday, of course I wasn't with the first 100 (5 minutes lol?)... anyway!: I can't wait to listen the music while I docorate my wall with the poster :D

Ronald 02-05-2010 11:15 AM

Yes, I also bought it the minute I knew it was possible.

I'm sorry to read some of your stories saying that you don't have enough money. We've all been in that stage of life. I had to save 2 months before I could buy it (at a discount price) Luckily I don't have a money issue anymore (in a normal way), so I clicked without even looking at the price tag:eek:

Scruffydog777 02-05-2010 12:14 PM

I know there's a chance I might not like one song on this album but I will buy it anyways because like others have already said to show her my support and because I owe her so much for bringing as much enjoyment into my life as she has. I'm hoping there will be an autograph session at the end of march in Paris like the one they had back in 2007. If there is, I will be there and get her autograph in person, even if the cd cost triple the price of this limited edition though I'm sure it will sell for less.

Karin 02-05-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiwaz (Post 150658)
It's Alizée and now I have the chance to take part in this new era from the begining.

my words... this year is very special: new era and new album, 10 years of Alizée's 1st single Moi...Lolita and first album Gourmandises :)

Paulina 02-05-2010 01:12 PM

I certainly will! :-)

lefty12357 02-05-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepwaters (Post 150615)
I am glad that so many people are ordering this package. Looks to me like it will probably sell out. Thought I should add that plug since I'm definitely not ordering it myself.

Hmm. Lefty, I don't believe I would order the album if I heard samples and they were awful. Or if I expected it to be awful (which I certainly don't). My feeling is that Alizée does not benefit from uncritical support. During the Psychédélices era, I praised her to the skies when I thought she deserved it, and criticized when I thought she deserved that. Assuming she paid attention (and I am reasonably sure she did), she knows that she can count on me to tell her honestly what I think. I will this time, too. So far, I like what I see. The theme and imagery seem more mature than ever before, more creative, more artistically developed. It remains to actually hear the new music, and to see her new performances. Based on what I have seen so far, I have high hopes. When the album comes out and I hear it and see her perform the new songs, if I tell her that it's great, she will know that that praise has been earned.

I think I understand where you're coming from Deep. I should clarify, when I say awful, I'm not really referring to quality as much as personal taste. I guess I'm counting on Alizée being more motivated by our responses to her work rather than the money we spend on it. I intend to voice my opinion about her work and I hope she gives some consideration to what her fans, family, friends and her peers think.

When one spends over a year buried in making an album, one may pour their heart and soul into it and perform their parts perfectly. But all that happens in a bubble, so to speak. Once the general public hears it, they may decide that the result does indeed sound awful to them. The artist can't always predict this beforehand, so therefore I don't see withholding money as being a very helpful motivator. I'm not suggesting everybody should buy music they don't like. This is just something I want to do in support of Alizée. Also, I guess I don't want an artist to concern themselves too much with giving fans what they expect, because that may stifle creative freedom. But it also means risking that the public may find your latest creation sounds awful.

The money simply allows her to continue her career and to get another chance to try again. Regardless of how this album turns out, I want her to have that chance to make another album.

Ben 02-05-2010 02:16 PM

I don't feel I can base a full opinion just on samples anyway. I've gotta hear the whole disc. And if I'm gonna buy it, might as well go all out. ;)

lefty12357 02-05-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 150677)
I don't feel I can base a full opinion just on samples anyway. I've gotta hear the whole disc. And if I'm gonna buy it, might as well go all out. ;)

This was a long time ago, but I stopped at a friend's house one day and he had a CD playing that sounded incredible to me. I asked him who it was so I could buy it. It turned out it was a CD I had previously decided not to buy based on some samples I had heard. That album has since become one of my all time favorites. Lesson learned. :)

Future Raptor Ace 02-05-2010 06:00 PM

wow you guys who are buying it are the real fans, I tip my hat to you!

Meh I dont feel like wasting 140 bucks (w/e the exchange rate is now) on music. Also I think Alizee should sign all of them for that price... i mean if a fan spends 90 euros on your music I think they are worthy of a signed picture.

Ronald 02-05-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace (Post 150693)
wow you guys who are buying it are the real fans, I tip my hat to you!

Meh I dont feel like wasting 140 bucks (w/e the exchange rate is now) on music. Also I think Alizee should sign all of them for that price... i mean if a fan spends 90 euros on your music I think they are worthy of a signed picture.

Could you mail this text to Jive Epic France? :D

They might reconsider:p

Fall 02-05-2010 06:10 PM

I don't think they would reconsider, they're making a killing, so to speak. At least for now, as somebody said before, sales are gonna start slowing down.

Drake498 02-05-2010 06:14 PM

Well, all I can say is... Alizée is probably the only singer I would drop that amount of bank on considering its a pretty nice collection and not just a free DVD like most "Limited Editions"

ALS 02-05-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fall06 (Post 150696)
I don't think they would reconsider, they're making a killing, so to speak. At least for now, as somebody said before, sales are gonna start slowing down.

At 18 you haven't lived long enough to understand economics of running a business let alone the scale of economics in the music business. (Don't take the previous statement as a put down it is not meant to be.) Your young and naive to what things really cost.

Believe me she isn't making the killing you think she is with this promotion.

How much did the author of the hard cover book get paid for writing it?
How much is the publisher charging per copy of this hard back book including set up costs?

How much did the promotion company charge to design the box and set up the printing of said box?

The promotional /record company that put this together for Alizée they have to get paid for the time they have into the project.

Then there is the poster and CD/vinyl record sleeves there was a set up cost and printing cost to them also. There was a photographer who took the pictures and has to be paid for his or her work.

Then there is the company that is handling the sales of this pre-order set.
They're also are getting a cut out of every sale.

Then everyone that had anything to do with writing, producing, contributing in any way with the music and lyrics is getting a cut of every sale also.

If Alizée ends up making 20€-25€ per box set she would be doing really well.

Future Raptor Ace 02-05-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 150702)
At 18 you haven't lived long enough to understand economics of running a business let alone the scale of economics in the music business. (Don't take the previous statement as a put down it is not meant to be.) Your young and naive to what things really cost.

Believe me she isn't making the killing you think she is with this promotion.

How much did the author of the hard cover book get paid for writing it?
How much is the publisher charging per copy of this hard back book including set up costs?

How much did the promotion company charge to design the box and set up the printing of said box?

The promotional /record company that put this together for Alizée they have to get paid for the time they have into the project.

Then there is the poster and CD/vinyl record sleeves there was a set up cost and printing cost to them also. There was a photographer who took the pictures and has to be paid for his or her work.

Then there is the company that is handling the sales of this pre-order set.
They're also are getting a cut out of every sale.

Then everyone that had anything to do with writing, producing, contributing in any way with the music and lyrics is getting a cut of every sale also.

If Alizée ends up making 20€-25€ per box set she would be doing really well.

You make it sound so little lol.

lefty12357 02-05-2010 08:04 PM

If Alizée has a typical music industry royalty rate coming from her deal with the record company, her cut may be as low as 3 to 4€ per unit. And she may have to share some of that with the writers and performers of the music. It's really hard to say without knowing what her contract looks like, but she hasn't been selling in the millions so I wouldn't imagine she is able to demand too many special concessions from the record company.