Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   The AAm Project (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   A new way of promoting that wont cost us a dime (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5938)

Scruffydog777 08-24-2010 09:28 AM

A new way of promoting that wont cost us a dime

Last week while posting in the "Alizée viral marketing" thread started by Zeerre, I got the idea of going to college forums and posting there to promote Alizée. At that time, I joined the college confidential forum and started a thread there. Just over an hour later, they closed it because it had a link to Youtube, but in that hour, it had 75 hits.

This morning I joined 2 other forums. One called Buckeye planet (Ohio state) and another called Irish envy (Notre Dame). Just about every forum seems to have a open topic section where you can post anything. I figured it was best to post something as if I was a student there and I figured it be best to make up some type of story to get the word out there (Forgive me Lord!).
Here are links to the 2 threads.

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/o...ml#post1751985

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/lepr...er-before.html

It seems like a lot of these forums are sports oriented. That doesn't really matter because like I said, they all have an open subject section.

I did a little research on the net and found out there are over 4,000 colleges/universities in this country. I'm sure there are hundreds of forums out there.

This is a great opportunity to do some free advertising for Alizée. Wont cost us a penny. All it will take is a little time on our part.

If anyone decides to do it, use your own imagination on what to say.

Each forum seems to be different. Some don't allow links. Some you have to embed a youtube code to display a video. Some you just have to post the link that's at the top of the page.

The best time to do this will probably be in a few weeks when most colleges are back in session, but it wont hurt to register or even post now.

EDIT: I added a link to La Isla Bonita

Merci Alizée 08-24-2010 10:04 AM

It's a good idea. Though it won't cost anyone a dime, but it demands another important thing and that's effort.

Ah, the world is certainly round. Everything is back to what was thought at the beginning,

Sachin_22 08-24-2010 10:35 AM

Idea is great...but the problem is that many forums...doesnt allow to post links....and if you do so...you get banned :D

Merci Alizée 08-24-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sachin_22 (Post 177879)
Idea is great...but the problem is that many forums...doesnt allow to post links....and if you do so...you get banned :D

That will never be a problem.

Scruffydog777 08-24-2010 11:20 AM

68 views for each of these threads in just the first few hours.

VVVACCPLPNLY 08-24-2010 12:10 PM

I live like 15 minutes walk from most VCU's campus in richmond, and am making friends with a lot of students there. I have slowly begun to introducve them to her. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Tomtentp 08-24-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 177885)
68 views for each of these threads in just the first few hours.

Could you link the forum threads you've enlightened?
Would like to render your work :p

Människöpesten 08-24-2010 02:02 PM

copy pasta.

User22 08-24-2010 02:02 PM

Sadly the IrishEnvy thread was taken down:( But o well at least it was seen by some of them.

But yes this is an AMAMAMAZING idea!!! It takes like 2 seconds to join a forum and so I don't see why we all each should pick 5 forums and infect them with the Lilly-Bug....this can really work!

Scruffydog777 08-24-2010 02:17 PM

Looks like the Irish envy deleted my thread. Don't understand why. It was in a section that was open to anything. Probably because I was a newby there and maybe they thought I was just trying to do some advertising or something along that line.
But in the other forum, it's up over 120 views so far.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomtentp (Post 177906)
Could you link the forum threads you've enlightened?
Would like to render your work :p

Here's the one that's still active.

Here's the link to the thread that shows the list of threads

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/o...ion-work-safe/

The title is "Has any one heard of this beautiful singer before?".

User22 08-24-2010 02:19 PM

Ok Scruff I hope you don't mind me giving a few words about this, but I think we need to hit the forums for the BIGGEST COLLEGES first, cause there are colleges that have over 25k people and that would get alot of views and spread the word even faster. What do you guys think

Scruffydog777 08-24-2010 03:00 PM

Just a note that one thing I've noticed so far is that some of these universities have several forums. Forums for each type of team they have or forums for different fields that their school is the focus of i.e. engineering, agriculture, medical, etc.

Ronald 08-24-2010 06:09 PM

Anything to promote our "Lilli" is a good thing to do, but how do you guys feel when some newbie posts here only "off-topic" things?

Personally I hate such posts (most of them are annoying adult links...)

Maybe you'll get more luck by registering anywhere, post a few serious posts, and then start to promote the french girl, I think you'd then have more success...

BlackAnthem 08-24-2010 06:19 PM

Sweet idea. Knocks the socks off of my idea.

MYGOGT 08-24-2010 07:37 PM

I like this idea also. One must use caution not to get banned from all the college sites.

Fèvier 08-24-2010 08:31 PM

you know, I've been thinking.
what if one of our more musically talented fans here perform one of her songs (vocals or instrumental, doesn't matter) on a talent show! America's Got Talent, for example, get many view and I think it would be a great way to promote her here in the US.

Any thought? :blink:

AlizéeInspired 08-24-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fèvier (Post 177941)
what if one of our more musically talented fans here perform one of her songs (vocals or instrumental, doesn't matter) on a talent show! America's Got Talent, for example, get many view and I think it would be a great way to promote her here in the US.

Really good idea! However... Should they be really, really good or should they butcher the song? JK lol. Yeah, let's find an amazing singer who would be willing to sing (and possibly perform?) an Alizée song on AGT! That would be great! Personally, for me, I know one girl who has a really good voice but I don't think she'd fit well singing an Alizée song as her voice is more of a powerful opera voice... From the forum, I nominate Rictor! I'm sure he wouldn't mind as he has recently shown us his passion and love for singing with his birthday gift to Alizée :D. Or Mark could go do some sweet stuff on his guitar for it. Or IncliningPizza could show off his amazing piano skills!

Anyway, I think that if someone was willing, that would be a pretty decent way to let her be known to a wide audience of people. Lots of people watch. For the live performances they kept saying things about the thousands and thousands of people watching. I know I really enjoy watching AGT and have been watching this whole season. I do believe there is an episode coming on tonight.

User22 08-24-2010 11:28 PM

Not to be the Harbinger of Doom, ok maybe I will be:D With shows/competitions like AGT and American Idol, they have auditions before the show which filters out a lot of people, and not all the people get filmed:( So it probably wouldn't work.....But it's a great idea!!!

Jake04 08-25-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fèvier (Post 177941)
you know, i've been thinking.
What if one of our more musically talented fans here perform one of her songs (vocals or instrumental, doesn't matter) on a talent show! America's got talent, for example, get many view and i think it would be a great way to promote her here in the us.

kayla! Kayla! Kayla!
Take one for the team! :D

Can you imagine her or one of us here performing one of Alizee's song on American Idol?

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 177877)
Last week while posting in the "Alizée viral marketing" thread started by Zeerre, I got the idea of going to college forums and posting there to promote Alizée. At that time, I joined the college confidential forum and started a thread there. Just over an hour later, they closed it because it had a link to Youtube, but in that hour, it had 75 hits.

This morning I joined 2 other forums. One called Buckeye planet (Ohio state) and another called Irish envy (Notre Dame). Just about every forum seems to have a open topic section where you can post anything. I figured it was best to post something as if I was a student there and I figured it be best to make up some type of story to get the word out there (Forgive me Lord!).
Here are links to the 2 threads.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/lepr...er-before.html

It seems like a lot of these forums are sports oriented. That doesn't really matter because like I said, they all have an open subject section.

I did a little research on the net and found out there are over 4,000 colleges/universities in this country. I'm sure there are hundreds of forums out there.

This is a great opportunity to do some free advertising for Alizée. Wont cost us a penny. All it will take is a little time on our part.

If anyone decides to do it, use your own imagination on what to say.

Each forum seems to be different. Some don't allow links. Some you have to embed a youtube code to display a video. Some you just have to post the link that's at the top of the page.

The best time to do this will probably be in a few weeks when most colleges are back in session, but it wont hurt to register or even post now.

EDIT: I added a link to La Isla Bonita

Great one, Scruff! I checked your links and found a couple of pictures I've never seen before that were posted by the members there. :cool:

Let's not forget, though, Youtube is still the best place to post /upload our videos. I believe we could have gotten several thousand hits had we upload our videos a day or two earlier. Timing is everything! Let's keep our eyes on the news and look for another Steven Slater story out there.

PS: Our SS videos are still doing good. Hopefully, we're able to convert a couple of hundreds of them!

Zeerre 08-25-2010 05:25 AM

I think it's a great idea Scruffy, we have to be careful not to come off as spammers though. As Ronald mentioned maybe we should join the forums, make a few relevant posts here and there, and then make a thread about Alizée.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fèvier (Post 177941)

I hate to be Negative Nancy, but I think the odds of that happening are pretty slim. As Aaronius pointed out already, auditions are set in place to weed out the people, and not all who audition make it to the stage before the three judges. I don't think that an instrumental rendition of one of Alizée's songs would be noteworthy enough, singing would be a better choice. But then again, what song would they sing? The English versions of Alizée's songs are, as Alizée herself commented once, laughable. So, now we would need someone that sings amazingly well in French... or terribly bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake04 (Post 177964)
Let's not forget, though, Youtube is still the best place to post /upload our videos. I believe we could have gotten several thousand hits had we upload our videos a day or two earlier. Timing is everything! Let's keep our eyes on the news and look for another Steven Slater story out there.

I don't really watch TV at all, if it weren't for you I probably wouldn't have found out about Steven Slater until much later, but from now on I'm keeping my eyes peeled for another opportunity.

jung_adore_ALIZEE 08-25-2010 08:02 AM

College students + using old alizee videos to promote alizee now + posting what you are doing and how honest you are being on another public forum. Well at least it should be lolzy.

Regards,

Jung

Scruffydog777 08-25-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE (Post 177974)
College students + using old alizee videos to promote alizee now + posting what you are doing and how honest you are being on another public forum. Well at least it should be lolzy.

Regards,

Jung

It's true I'm not being honest, but all I'm trying to do is to get people to view one of Alizée's performances, to find out about her. I think they'd be a lot less willing to read my posts if they knew I wasn't a member of their shool and new my true age. If this is such a terrible thing to do, I will accept what ever punishment Jesus deems necessary in the after life.

So what have you done to promote Alizée?

I joined 3 more forums.
1 for Miami U forum.
2 for 2 different Texas University forums. One I have to wait for an admins approval before I can post. I will probably wait a few days before posting about Alizée. I will make a few replies to other posts first. Hopefully I wont look like such a newb when I do post it and the thread will get less likely to be yanked the way it did on the Irishenvy forum.

BlackAnthem 08-25-2010 11:21 AM

Are there any preexisting threads where you could casually mention her name? I mean if you can't post links then at least just ask about her

Scruffydog777 08-25-2010 11:39 AM

If there are sites where you can't post links, I will find a way to mention her, but I'm sure it will not be as affective (or is effective - never could get them 2 straight) as posting a link. Luckily the sites that wont, have been the exception so far. I've found most will.

VVVACCPLPNLY 08-25-2010 01:11 PM

1st- Technically, effective is not a word, it would be affective. Effect is a noun, affect is a verb. So to make the adjective (or adverb in some cases) form, you take the verb and add the adjective/adverb ending of 'ive'. (What? I love grammar!)
2nd- Whatever your punishment may be, if you are set on doing this, I advise you get someone who IS in college (Wasabi for instance) and let hime look over your posts, to make sure they are college student-sounding. Also, you realise that if someone gets hooked on because of this, and comes here, and sees the real you, well, umm... Or if they just get the urge to help promote, and read this thread. That, and another thing. What if you befriend someone, and they think you're a student, and want to hang out or meet you or whatever? Just saying, not trying to encourage or discourage you, but that's what I do (thanks to the you-know-what!): I analyze every possible situation that may occur. Making sure you've thought about this 100%.

Tchaikovsky 08-25-2010 03:04 PM

You're one devious bastard Scruffy :D

RobandSandy 08-25-2010 03:43 PM

All sounds good to me Scruffy, just exercise a bit of the old caution thats all.

Zeerre 08-25-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 177987)
If there are sites where you can't post links, I will find a way to mention her, but I'm sure it will not be as affective (or is effective - never could get them 2 straight) as posting a link. Luckily the sites that wont, have been the exception so far. I've found most will.

It's "effective.":)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 177990)
1st- Technically, effective is not a word, it would be affective. Effect is a noun, affect is a verb. So to make the adjective (or adverb in some cases) form, you take the verb and add the adjective/adverb ending of 'ive'. (What? I love grammar!)

Quote:

ef·fec·tive [ih-fek-tiv]

–adjective
1. adequate to accomplish a purpose; producing the intended or expected result.

Junkmale 08-25-2010 09:26 PM

I've been doing just that for a while now Scruffy.
Every forum that i'm on i will find a way to mention her at some point.
If anybody isn't on any other Forums, join one. Doesn't matter what the topic is. Make a few posts (to fool them into thinking your not a Spammer) and then away you go. Most Forums will have an 'Off Topic' section.
Don't just think about it. Do it!

Another idea i've been having is this.
As you probably know i run a UK fansite for Ewa Farna (click the link..you know you want to;)).
Anyway recently i've been making some enquires into releasing a 7" Vinyl Picture Disc to promote the site. It would contain some interview footage. There is no copyright on the spoken word so it can be done.
A limited Edition of 100 Numbered Copies is not all that expensive to do. In fact the more you get pressed the cheaper it becomes. I think it would make a really good Collectors Item as well as something that might catch the attention of local music press and radio? Copies could be sent to them as promotion?
Something similar for Alizee might be an idea?

It all comes down to the usual problem with her? i.e. Making an effort to promote someone who doesn't want to be promoted?

User22 08-25-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeerre (Post 178011)

Oh VVV:rolleyes:

But yah can anyone share links to some forums that would be good for doing this? Cause I can't find any forums that will let me post links or anything, or any college forums:( Thanks

jung_adore_ALIZEE 08-25-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 177978)
I think they'd be a lot less willing to read my posts if they knew I wasn't a member of their shool and new my true age.

It's not what you are doing there, it's that you are posting on here, a public forum, exactly what you are doing. If you're gonna do it simply do it, or if you are gonna talk about it do it in private. In the long run it is likely to catch up to you. And once again using the old stuff will also catch up to you just like it is in Mexico now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 177978)
So what have you done to promote Alizée?

Lately not a damn thing, 2 years ago I'd get more done in a week than you have and probably will get in your life. If you'd like to know how, it was simply by talking to people, you gotta know your targets.

Regards,

Jung

User22 08-25-2010 11:39 PM

Jung do you mind talking to a few more people? Cause we could really use the help haha.

I NEED SLEEP

jung_adore_ALIZEE 08-25-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 178048)
Jung do you mind talking to a few more people? Cause we could really use the help haha.

I NEED SLEEP

My time for that has passed. If I'm gonna be promoting it's gonna be for someone who appreciates it.

Regards,

Jung

Merci Alizée 08-26-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE (Post 178047)
It's not what you are doing there, it's that you are posting on here, a public forum, exactly what you are doing. If you're gonna do it simply do it, or if you are gonna talk about it do it in private. In the long run it is likely to catch up to you. And once again using the old stuff will also catch up to you just like it is in Mexico now.

Lately not a damn thing, 2 years ago I'd get more done in a week than you have and probably will get in your life. If you'd like to know how, it was simply by talking to people, you gotta know your targets.

Regards,

Jung

Same as my way of doing it. I have more faith in talking to people than just posting something somewhere and let people view it. But in my case I know my targets, so it I don't actually interfere with the way most people become a fan, i.e. discovering on your own and falling for her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE (Post 178052)
My time for that has passed. If I'm gonna be promoting it's gonna be for someone who appreciates it.

Regards,

Jung

Any chances of those days coming back again? Think about it, if you want to.

Scruffydog777 08-26-2010 07:51 AM

I've done quite a bit of promoting on the local level. In at work, a lot of times workers are called in who specialize at a certain job from another one of our stations in other states, such as when a catering truck smashes into a wing tip which happens all too often, heavy sheet metal workers are usually called in from Tulsa. Another problem we have fairly often is called unwanted fuel migration where the fuel level goes up in a tank during flight, usually caused by a leaking valve inside the plumping of a tank. For this workers are called in from JFK. Everytime I see someone new at work, if I have time, I get my lap top and introduce them to Alizée.

Everybody in my life knows about her. My barber, the guys at the local hardware store , concvienence store, neighbors, the mechanics where I take my truck to get fixed. I've put up flyers in the gym I go to plus many other places. I give away sample cds I made all the time. I know my freinds, family and co-workers are tired of hearing about her. So don't try and say I don't do a lot of promoting on the local level.

The thing is this hasn't really accomplished anything. That's why I'm trying to reach people on a larger scale. The more people who find out, the more likely it is that some one will find out who can make a difference. As far as using old material. Moi Lolita was seven years old when I found out about it. Didn't matter to me. All that mattered was the fact I hadn't heard it before.

Does she appreciate us? I have no idea. I think the way she treats her fans is something that was drilled into her by MF, or maybe it's just the fact that she wants to leave her job at the office or sound studio in her case. Once she leaves work, she's just completely devoted to family.

It does seem like it wouldn't take much for her to communicate with her fans more often, but I don't really know why she doesn't and as long as I don't I will give her the benefit of the doubt and keep supporting her in any way I can.

User22 08-26-2010 09:06 AM

Scruff I see what your doing as very good for Alizee. I don't and never will have the guts to go up to people I don't know and tell them about something they are really missing out on. So keep it up man, cause Alizee needs more fans like you to spread her stuff.

So yah I think posting links on forums is great! I mean it's probably part of the reason that we have 50 guests on the forums almost all the time. And guests usually turn into members;)

VVVACCPLPNLY 08-26-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeerre (Post 178011)

Oops... My bad! But at least I set you straight on whether to use effect or affect! Right? Or is that wrong too? I haven't read a dictionary in while (yes, when I was a little kid, I used to do that), so I could be wrong on that too.

Tom 08-26-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

So yah I think posting links on forums is great! I mean it's probably part of the reason that we have 50 guests on the forums almost all the time. And guests usually turn into members;)
I had been reading this forum for 6 months almost every day before i became a member. And yeah, i saw that there was almost 90 guests on here at once a few days ago (Could have been on her birthday...but there's always 30+).

On the topic off promoting... none of my friends knows that i listen to Alizée and they probably don't know who she is :blink: Do i dare to tell them about her? :confused: Guess i could link a video over MSN/Skype.

Merci Alizée 08-26-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 178064)
I've done quite a bit of promoting on the local level. In at work, a lot of times workers are called in who specialize at a certain job from another one of our stations in other states, such as when a catering truck smashes into a wing tip which happens all too often, heavy sheet metal workers are usually called in from Tulsa. Another problem we have fairly often is called unwanted fuel migration where the fuel level goes up in a tank during flight, usually caused by a leaking valve inside the plumping of a tank. For this workers are called in from JFK. Everytime I see someone new at work, if I have time, I get my lap top and introduce them to Alizée.

Everybody in my life knows about her. My barber, the guys at the local hardware store , concvienence store, neighbors, the mechanics where I take my truck to get fixed. I've put up flyers in the gym I go to plus many other places. I give away sample cds I made all the time. I know my freinds, family and co-workers are tired of hearing about her. So don't try and say I don't do a lot of promoting on the local level.

The thing is this hasn't really accomplished anything. That's why I'm trying to reach people on a larger scale. The more people who find out, the more likely it is that some one will find out who can make a difference. As far as using old material. Moi Lolita was seven years old when I found out about it. Didn't matter to me. All that mattered was the fact I hadn't heard it before.

I can understand why this doesn't work. Most of the people who know you don't take her seriously. Well this is not surprising. Maybe others don't want to become like you(there are always some exception). At least this is what happens to me. I can tell you that there are more than 1000 people around me who know her because of me. They have seen her, many of them like her work also. But they won't become like me and I know that. This doesn't bother me either. There are more than 50 people around me who even know you. At the very begining they had no problem with me liking her, but later they thought I have gone crazy because becoming a fan of a singer is not common here. But now they respect my feelings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 178067)
Scruff I see what your doing as very good for Alizee. I don't and never will have the guts to go up to people I don't know and tell them about something they are really missing out on. So keep it up man, cause Alizee needs more fans like you to spread her stuff.

I wonder why you won't be able to tell anyone about her? Do you feel that you are doing something wrong?

I don't believe that people who don't know her are missing something important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 178073)
I had been reading this forum for 6 months almost every day before i became a member. And yeah, i saw that there was almost 90 guests on here at once a few days ago (Could have been on her birthday...but there's always 30+).

On the topic off promoting... none of my friends knows that i listen to Alizée and they probably don't know who she is :blink: Do i dare to tell them about her? :confused: Guess i could link a video over MSN/Skype.

You should definitely introduce her to your friends. It would be better if you do it casually. Don't get overexcited while telling about her.

AlizéeInspired 08-26-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 178090)
It would be better if you do it casually. Don't get overexcited while telling about her.

I believe that is key when introducing someone you're a fan of to another person, especially if you want to make a fan out of them too. I know that if someone is showing me something or someone that they like, I usually tend to not be as much into it if they are overexcited and all "obsessed" over what they are trying to show me. Because, when someone is like that, it is more likely they are just blinded to that person or things faults. But in a more casual way, I am more into it.

If I ever tell anyone about Alizée, I usually try do it in a way where they will ask more questions. I may be showing someone a drawing of her and they'll become interested in who she is and start asking. I just present the situation to the person instead of forcing it onto them. They will either become interested or not. Or she may casually (somehow) pop in conversation. It's not always best to just go all out, overexcited, and tell too much and not allow the person to gain interest or wonder about her. Introducing her to people is something that takes time, especially if you want to make the type of fan out of someone that most of us here are (lili-crazed :p).