Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   TATTOOZEE ... Do you like her the same? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7205)

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 02:16 AM

TATTOOZEE ... Do you like her the same?

Do you like Alizée as much as you did before her tattoos?

Edit... at the 70% mark I got lazy and typed "shoulder tats" ... I was referring to the bird under the arm and part of sailor moon on the other arm... close enough....

Scruffydog777 09-26-2012 03:17 AM

I think that's a difficult question in it's present form. I think it needs to be broken down into two parts. The first being, "Do you like the person Alizee any less?". The second being, " Do you like the singer Alizee any less?".

As much as I question, criticize and struggle to understand what she's been doing, I sure don't like her any less. She may look like a gangsta on the outside, but to me, she's still a princess on the inside.

Will I love the singer any less or I think a more accurate question is, will I like the music any less? I don't really know at this point. I've mentioned several times in here that I mostly listen to her music as opposed to watching it, but in the past, I've watched her videos so many times, I can still picture her clear as day, when I'm listening to her, so her physical beauty is a large part of why I enjoy "listening" to her.

I tend to think the tatoos will have a big affect on how much I enjoy her new music. I still might enjoy her new album very much, but I think it's very likely even if I do, I wont be listening to these new songs for 5 1/2 years in a row as I have with her first 2 albums. She will have lost an important element that in my book, has set her far apart from any other singer I've listened to over the years and that is her princess like beauty.

I am kind of curious to see if she makes a video similar to ACC at least as far as the clothes she wears what my reaction will be. If all the tatoos are covered up, will that be enough for me to enjoy some of her new songs as much as those on the first 2 albums, or will knowing what's underneath still matter? Will seeing that princess like facade that meant so much to me, slowly destroyed, reduce my perception of her down to just another pretty singer? I guess I'll find that out in january.

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 232987)
I think that's a difficult question in it's present form. I think it needs to be broken down into two parts. The first being, "Do you like the person Alizee any less?". The second being, " Do you like the singer Alizee any less?".

As much as I question, criticize and struggle to understand what she's been doing, I sure don't like her any less. She may look like a gangsta on the outside, but to me, she's still a princess on the inside.

Will I love the singer any less or I think a more accurate question is, will I like the music any less? I don't really know at this point. I've mentioned several times in here that I mostly listen to her music as opposed to watching it, but in the past, I've watched her videos so many times, I can still picture her clear as day, when I'm listening to her, so her physical beauty is a large part of why I enjoy "listening" to her.

I tend to think the tatoos will have a big affect on how much I enjoy her new music. I still might enjoy her new album very much, but I think it's very likely even if I do, I wont be listening to these new songs for 5 1/2 years in a row as I have with her first 2 albums. She will have lost an important element that in my book, has set her far apart from any other singer I've listened to over the years and that is her princess like beauty.

I am kind of curious to see if she makes a video similar to ACC at least as far as the clothes she wears what my reaction will be. If all the tatoos are covered up, will that be enough for me to enjoy some of her new songs as much as those on the first 2 albums, or will knowing what's underneath still matter? Will seeing that princess like facade that meant so much to me, slowly destroyed, reduce my perception of her down to just another pretty singer? I guess I'll find that out in january.

Scruffy... I think you're over complicating it. If you like her as a person, then the tattoos don't matter... if you have second thoughts about her beauty, then the tattoos obviously do matter; at least to some extent!... the question is, how much!

Scruffydog777 09-26-2012 04:23 AM

No it's not that complicated. Susan Boyle has a great voice. If it had been her in that jam suit, I would have been one and done as far as listening. A tremendous part of why I enjoyed Alizee's music was her physical beauty and the beauty of her dancing. She is losing the type of beauty that appealed to me and except for Les Enfoires, there has been no dancing that can come close to comparing to the dances of her early years.

It's almost like talking about a completely different singer. The only thing that's the same is the voice. I love that voice, but I don't know if the music that will be with this new album will be enough to win me over to the new Alizee. I'm hoping it will. I'm optimistic, but until january rolls around, I wont know.

Merci Alizée 09-26-2012 04:57 AM

It seems that I should choose all those options, although it's not possible.

Karin 09-26-2012 05:38 AM

easy... no change :) I respect her, when she wants tattoos then ok... I understand:)

Scruffydog777 09-26-2012 08:49 AM

How could you put tolerated Annily? I think that should be removed. Tatoos are one thing, but that's not right.

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 232998)
How could you put tolerated Annily? I think that should be removed. Tatoos are one thing, but that's not right.

her Tattoo of Annily

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 232991)
It seems that I should choose all those options, although it's not possible.

Lol!... well what phaze are you currently in?

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin (Post 232992)
easy... no change :) I respect her, when she wants tattoos then ok... I understand:)

:) so you're saying you don't like her more then?... :p I'm just giving you a hard time.

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 232989)
No it's not that complicated. Susan Boyle has a great voice. If it had been her in that jam suit, I would have been one and done as far as listening. A tremendous part of why I enjoyed Alizee's music was her physical beauty and the beauty of her dancing. She is losing the type of beauty that appealed to me and except for Les Enfoires, there has been no dancing that can come close to comparing to the dances of her early years.

It's almost like talking about a completely different singer. The only thing that's the same is the voice. I love that voice, but I don't know if the music that will be with this new album will be enough to win me over to the new Alizee. I'm hoping it will. I'm optimistic, but until january rolls around, I wont know.

If her physical beauty was a tremendous reason why you liked Alizée, then I'd say you would probably rank her at 50% or lower on the chart right now.

ALS 09-26-2012 10:28 AM

There needs to be another selection. I still love Alizée the person but I hate the tattoos due to their being are a real determent to who she is.

Like I've said before Tinkerbell didn't bother me because that is the immaturity that is Alizée. Everything after that is just too much as Scruffydog has pointed out. You have to remember those of us older members don't look at tattoos as art we look at them as something that a stripper or person of lower class up bringing does.

I'd say half my employees have tattoos and they don't bother me because they're not covering their whole bodies with them. A small one on a shoulder, wrist, ankle or calf is kind of cute. What Alizée has done is not cute. The lizard is cute, Tinkerbell is cute, the rest are not cute and in fact they take away from her natural beauty. Maybe putting a matching lizard on the other ankle would have been an option. These animated characters are really a turn off to a lot of people.

If it wasn't for me being into Alizée the person due to her personality and singing, and I was one of those guys that was infatuated in her due to her looks, I'd have been gone a long time ago. These tattoos will have little effect on her REAL fans but there is that segment of her fan base it will have a major negative impact on their loyalty.

vivealizee 09-26-2012 12:52 PM

If I think of the times when there was no doubt, and you clicked on the j'en ai marre music video and enjoyed every moment without questioning, then I can't say that I love her or that she is beautiful. And just to question if she is still beautiful is some kind of doubt.
Thats my honest opinion. Just watched the music video and saw this thread. She is pretty and I like her when I only watch new stuff, but when I have the comparison when I watch JEAM it's just nothing, 'cause "this" Alizée was just pure magical, imo. Nothing like today.
If you see it different, good for you, but I would lie to myself if I would say that she is perfect. She was perfect for me years ago, she is still the best, but just because there is no one better.
Just my 2 cents.

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 03:54 PM

To everyone that thinks the poll should be changed.

I can't please everyone with a poll to their personal liking so quit trying to modify it your way... just choose a category with the choices you've got and pick the one that fits best!... or... make your own poll! I promise I will participate in yours and not try to change it.

Friendly and comical suggestions are welcome, but there is no need to get all butt hurt about the subject...it's a friendly poll guys! Just sayin.

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivealizee (Post 233007)
If I think of the times when there was no doubt, and you clicked on the j'en ai marre music video and enjoyed every moment without questioning, then I can't say that I love her or that she is beautiful. And just to question if she is still beautiful is some kind of doubt.
Thats my honest opinion. Just watched the music video and saw this thread. She is pretty and I like her when I only watch new stuff, but when I have the comparison when I watch JEAM it's just nothing, 'cause "this" Alizée was just pure magical, imo. Nothing like today.
If you see it different, good for you, but I would lie to myself if I would say that she is perfect. She was perfect for me years ago, she is still the best, but just because there is no one better.
Just my 2 cents.

Honestly... I love her voice... but I cannot say I love her looks anymore. I like her more like a cousin now than someone I would want to marry.

Karin 09-26-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron (Post 233001)
:) so you're saying you don't like her more then?... :p I'm just giving you a hard time.

I like her the same way as before... maybe first time when we hear another tattoo its "omg no"... but after little time I dont care... :)

ALS 09-26-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin (Post 233015)
I like her the same way as before... maybe first time when we hear another tattoo its "omg no"... but after little time I dont care... :)

That's how I look at it. She has gotten to the point with the tattoos what does it matter if she slaps another one on her arm.

Euphoria 09-26-2012 05:22 PM

She's a mess. Sorry, but I don't see how cartoon characters could be all that meaningful to her. She is really showing her immaturity with all these ridiculous tattoos. I have to admit, when she first got the Tinkerbell, I lost some respect for her. After a while, it didn't really bother me because your back can be easily covered. The gecko is cute, doesn't bother me. Even the Annily tattoo is okay because it's her daughter and of course she is meaningful to her. The rest though, are ridiculous, and they look like crap in terms of the quality of the tattoos.

Scruffydog777 09-26-2012 05:32 PM

Well at this point, it does still matter. Look at that great profile picture we have from the video that was released last week where she was sitting on top of the desk with her legs extended out near the begining of the video. She looked great in that because she still at this point has a good profile left, she still has great legs left, but I feel those days are numbered.

You could have a hundred different choices in this poll and I think none of them would correctly fit all the feelings of each member here. The answers are just too complex to get an accurate feel of what each member thinks.

It's possible I might like this album more than those of any other artist I've liked over the years. But the early Alizee was so enjoyable to watch and listen to, that it was off the charts in how much enjoyment it brought me and reaching that level, might be impossible even for her.

The beauty is not at the same level, unless she dresses a certain way or stands a certain way.

Is the dancing we saw in this video, going to be the extent of what we can expect with the rest of the album? That would be another big loss. Les Enfoires shows she still has it if she can find someone capable of putting together dance routines that will take advantage of her abilities.

I loved the music of Laurent Boutanant. I don't think there was 1 bad song on her first two albums, music wise. I expect a few good songs in this album, but again, can Sony reach the level of good music that LB put out? Again, I don't think so. Still with songs like Ella Ella, La Isla Bonita, PLP show she can get by without him, but it was so much easier for her when she was working with him.

So this album and a few songs on it may be chart toppers, but I don't think it can reach the level of MCE and Gour. Even though "at this point" a lot of her great beuaty is still left, she is still a great dancer and a joy to watch, and there's a lot of great music out there, I doubt that all those can come together as well as they did in her early years. Possible, but not likely.

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 233017)
She's a mess. Sorry, but I don't see how cartoon characters could be all that meaningful to her. She is really showing her immaturity with all these ridiculous tattoos. I have to admit, when she first got the Tinkerbell, I lost some respect for her. After a while, it didn't really bother me because your back can be easily covered. The gecko is cute, doesn't bother me. Even the Annily tattoo is okay because it's her daughter and of course she is meaningful to her. The rest though, are ridiculous, and they look like crap in terms of the quality of the tattoos.

I don't really care to judge the type or quality of her tattoos... to me it doesn't matter how beautiful or cute they are... I just don't like so many of them on her... she had soft sink, like her song says... now her song should say "I have inked skin."

When she got all tatted up at first, it was like putting a mustache on the Mona Lisa... but then she continues to do it over and over again... so now it's like putting on a pair of $1000 loafers and then stepping in poop over and over again... might as well take a bat to my favorite car.... but ah well... again... I still love her music... I just see her differently.

Karin 09-26-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 233018)
Well at this point, it does still matter. Look at that great profile picture we have from the video that was released last week where she was sitting on top of the desk with her legs extended out near the begining of the video. She looked great in that because she still at this point has a good profile left, she still has great legs left, but I feel those days are numbered.

You could have a hundred different choices in this poll and I think none of them would correctly fit all the feelings of each member here. The answers are just too complex to get an accurate feel of what each member thinks.

It's possible I might like this album more than those of any other artist I've liked over the years. But the early Alizee was so enjoyable to watch and listen to, that it was off the charts in how much enjoyment it brought me and reaching that level, might be impossible even for her.

The beauty is not at the same level, unless she dresses a certain way or stands a certain way.

Is the dancing we saw in this video, going to be the extent of what we can expect with the rest of the album? That would be another big loss. Les Enfoires shows she still has it if she can find someone capable of putting together dance routines that will take advantage of her abilities.

I loved the music of Laurent Boutanant. I don't think there was 1 bad song on her first two albums, music wise. I expect a few good songs in this album, but again, can Sony reach the level of good music that LB put out? Again, I don't think so. Still with songs like Ella Ella, La Isla Bonita, PLP show she can get by without him, but it was so much easier for her when she was working with him.

So this album and a few songs on it may be chart toppers, but I don't think it can reach the level of MCE and Gour. Even though "at this point" a lot of her great beuaty is still left, she is still a great dancer and a joy to watch, and there's a lot of great music out there, I doubt that all those can come together as well as they did in her early years. Possible, but not likely.

like always... you compare todays Alizée with past... then of course it doesnt fit it in your mind... but thats the problem... you still want to see the same person as she was in Mylene era... but its forever away, if you dont like what she makes, then is problem maybe on your site. I always try to understand... like by Psychédélices, UEDS and now new coming album and things which she do. But I must forgot, what she was before and what she want to be. Of course, she will be forever Lolita in minds of many people. But if they will see a would like to see lolita style... sorry, but then there is no way just to say Alizée "bye bye".

About dance in ACDA... what was bad? finally after loong time we see Alizée dancing... wasnt that the dream of many people on forums? to see her dance again? was, so again wheres the problem?

About charts and succes... if the album will be more succesful then UEDS and similar to Psychédélices, for me it will be the best goal.

about tattoos... like Euphoria wrote she has understanding for Annily, Fee and gecko tattoo... I for others too...
SailorMoon - if Alizée watched it as small girl (like me), to watch it again it bring me again to great kid times where everything was easy - no problems, just happines.
Micky or Minnie Mouse... who never saw Disneys cartoon, he must be from other dimension...
Snowhite... the same like by SailorMoon, doesnt need coments
I dont remember all tattos, but I dont prefer just that bird tattoo and Arale

Future Raptor Ace 09-26-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Well said ... I agree.

ALS 09-26-2012 06:47 PM

Master Card Moment

Tattoo removal laser $1750
Misc tattoo removal supplies $250
Rope and duct tape $20
Rent for the out of the way house for six months $5,000
Misc medical needs for you when she gets loose every once and while $5,000

Tattoo free Alizée Priceless. :)

PS THIS IS A JOKE

Scruffydog777 09-26-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin (Post 233020)
like always... you compare todays Alizée with past... then of course it doesnt fit it in your mind... but thats the problem... you still want to see the same person as she was in Mylene era... but its forever away, if you dont like what she makes, then is problem maybe on your site. I always try to understand... like by Psychédélices, UEDS and now new coming album and things which she do. But I must forgot, what she was before and what she want to be. Of course, she will be forever Lolita in minds of many people. But if they will see a would like to see lolita style... sorry, but then there is no way just to say Alizée "bye bye".

About dance in ACDA... what was bad? finally after loong time we see Alizée dancing... wasnt that the dream of many people on forums? to see her dance again? was, so again wheres the problem?

About charts and succes... if the album will be more succesful then UEDS and similar to Psychédélices, for me it will be the best goal.

about tattoos... like Euphoria wrote she has understanding for Annily, Fee and gecko tattoo... I for others too...
SailorMoon - if Alizée watched it as small girl (like me), to watch it again it bring me again to great kid times where everything was easy - no problems, just happines.
Micky or Minnie Mouse... who never saw Disneys cartoon, he must be from other dimension...
Snowhite... the same like by SailorMoon, doesnt need coments
I dont remember all tattos, but I dont prefer just that bird tattoo and Arale

It's amazing when talk gets around to old vs new, when people express their liking for the old, others think it's all about the Lolita and nothing could be further from the truth. Look at what was possibly her best video, ACC. It didn't include any dancing and it wasn't even directed by LB, but it was put together by someone with some great talent in seeing how he could take this beautiful young woman (not a Lolita}, this great song and put together such a great mv.

Look at L'Isla Bonita, the video which is how so many people in the world discovered her by. A beautiful young lady at that point.

It's not about the Lolita. It's about an incredibly beautiful and talented woman not being able to reach any where's near her potential in recent years.

You call her dancing in her newest video a dance routine? You are joiking right? We're talking Sony, we're talking Paris and that's the best they can come up with? If that was the case, I would say just roll the old Pysch couch back out and she can just sit down and occcassionaly raise up a leg or an arm and that many would consider a dance routine and they'd be happy with it.

As far as what level of success does she want, if she wants to continue her career after this, she better hope for a level of success notably better than Psych or Sony will not want to work with her again. Did she have any top 10 hits from that album? I went on vacation in France shortly after the album was released. I rented a car and drove around quite a bit and never heard one of her songs from that album. Is that acceptable to her or Sony?

I think they are capable of much more and I think we will see it with some of her other songs on her new album. This song is just a very small part of that album at this point.

Fall 09-26-2012 07:16 PM

<label for="rb_optionnumber_2"><input name="optionnumber" value="2" id="rb_optionnumber_2" type="radio">100% - No change, I love Alizée the same tattoo's or not; who cares?!</label>

<label for="rb_optionnumber_6"><input name="optionnumber" value="6" id="rb_optionnumber_6" type="radio">60% - She's a woman, she's got woman parts... I can handle tattoo's even if I don't like 'em.</label>

^ I'd like to put those two together to say:
Quote:

No change, I love Alizée the same, I can handle tattoos even if I don't like 'em
But to respect TDA's poll options, I'm going with 100% :)

vivealizee 09-26-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

[...] beautiful expressions of herself!
Sticking a stick into shit can be seen as an expression of HERSELF??

Karin 09-26-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 233023)
It's amazing when talk gets around to old vs new, when people express their liking for the old, others think it's all about the Lolita and nothing could be further from the truth. Look at what was possibly her best video, ACC. It didn't include any dancing and it wasn't even directed by LB, but it was put together by someone with some great talent in seeing how he could take this beautiful young woman (not a Lolita}, this great song and put together such a great mv.

Look at L'Isla Bonita, the video which is how so many people in the world discovered her by. A beautiful young lady at that point.

It's not about the Lolita. It's about an incredibly beautiful and talented woman not being able to reach any where's near her potential in recent years.

You call her dancing in her newest video a dance routine? You are joiking right? We're talking Sony, we're talking Paris and that's the best they can come up with? If that was the case, I would say just roll the old Pysch couch back out and she can just sit down and occcassionaly raise up a leg or an arm and that many would consider a dance routine and they'd be happy with it.

As far as what level of success does she want, if she wants to continue her career after this, she better hope for a level of success notably better than Psych or Sony will not want to work with her again. Did she have any top 10 hits from that album? I went on vacation in France shortly after the album was released. I rented a car and drove around quite a bit and never heard one of her songs from that album. Is that acceptable to her or Sony?

I think they are capable of much more and I think we will see it with some of her other songs on her new album. This song is just a very small part of that album at this point.

only this I will say... you didnt understand what I said...
I never said the old things were bad, of course not. But when people will ever look in the past, then they will be never happy with current situation.
ACC of course good song, good video the same LIB... but dont forget, in most of performances they called her ever lolita (JPVA - by eiffel tower, LIB video and others). thats for me the problem, she could do everything... they ever mentioned "lolita"... in people minds little 16y girl in red dress, then black JEAM dress... people thinking how it was good and then the current reality is not the same.... example by La Academia - promo like MCE was published just 6months before, people were crazy and then very disappointed cause she wasnt the same.
I know, I would like too see her to be famous, in TV lights like before... but just now Im happy with such little things like to see her dance on ACDA which is (for me) one of the good moves from UEDS... and this little happines cant destoy such thing as tattoo...

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivealizee (Post 233025)
Sticking a stick into shit can be seen as an expression of HERSELF??

omg lol!... :))

vivealizee 09-26-2012 08:01 PM

Maan, I'm sentimental now.. I remember the day I discovered her and watched JEAM again and again the whole day, the whole time... The day was just so special and magic .. hehe...
Just watching it again, brings back the feeling, a little bit.

Not to much offtopic, I hope..

DannyMac524 09-26-2012 08:22 PM

It would be interesting to see how SHE feels about them when she is older - like when she is elderly. Tats are forever. She is a beautiful woman and really does not need them. But whether she has them or not, I like her the same.

Ray4AJ 09-26-2012 09:32 PM

Yesterday ended my fifth month of even knowing that Alizée existed. Every single day I ponder what has happened to me, how it happened, and what it all means to me, regarding her and my fandom. It's not a struggle, but a constantly evolving experience. This is all something I'd like to write about in the forum sometime. Anyone know if there is already a thread for that?

Regarding the poll and the topic here, and Alizée and her tattoos.... I try to think of her as I would a friend. If a friend talked about getting tattoos I'd say that I wouldn't but that if they wanted to then they should. If they asked my opinion on possible choices, I'd still say don't get any but if they did it would not change my opinion of the person at all. If I thought it would have a bad effect on the friend's future, I'd think that they were free to do whatever they wanted to do, and that they knew more about the future they were seeking, and how they planned to get there than I did.

And I can apply this to many things regarding Alizée and what she does that we know about. No matter how much concern I have for her and her career, I'm just a spectator. Sure, we all have opinions and feelings about everything she does or doesn't do, and there is nothing wrong with expressing them. I've let myself get stressed out about things relating to Alizée in the past (trying to buy ACDA from iTunes.fr, for example) and I decided to try to not let that happen anymore, and it's working for me. Her tattoos don't take away from the positive (yet not understood) changes in my life since discovering her. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll ever pay her back.

Alizée leads the way. I follow or I don't. Stress free. Mostly.

Yeah, I get it. I know it. I'm in the 100% fanboy stage... I'm voting 100% in the poll.

SpanishFan 09-26-2012 10:13 PM

One thing that really amazes me is how many different perspectives we have of her career.
Some may think she was considered the most beautiful and sexy girl from the start, but it was not like that at all...
Anyway that it is a matter for a different thread.

I am two or three years older than her, so when she was at the top of her career, she was considered one of the hottest singers by people my age. And there was this feeling of: "she looks natural and innocent, but I could never be with a wonderful girl like her..."
I am older now, and that feeling is long gone, she is a very beautiful woman, but I don't find her more atractive than my girlfriend for example, or being that desirable anymore.
I don't know if she is not as beautiful as before, my tastes changed, or both.

She has all rights to tattoo herself as much as she wants, I just think those tattoos don't make her more pretty. Less pretty? Probably, but certainly they don't make her prettier.

She has also her right to shave her hair if she wants, but it won't make her more attractive. Same with tattoos. (worst, because tattoos will stay)

So do I like her the same? No.
Do I like her less than before because of the tattoos? No.
Do I like her tattoos? No.
Will I be mad if she gets more tattoos? No. Just dissapointed of her poor taste.

I liked her beauty, her music, her dances and her voice.
Now I like her voice.
I can not like her inner beauty since I've never met her:D

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyMac524 (Post 233029)
It would be interesting to see how SHE feels about them when she is older - like when she is elderly. Tats are forever. She is a beautiful woman and really does not need them. But whether she has them or not, I like her the same.

She is forever young... haven't you heard?... you have to have heard! It's written on her arm! :p

The majority of people that get so many tattoo's either don't care about how they will look when they get older, or don't think about it... some of the people don't worry about it because they don't think they'll even live that long anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpanishFan (Post 233031)
One thing that really amazes me is how many different perspectives we have of her career.
Some may think she was considered the most beautiful and sexy girl from the start, but it was not like that at all...
Anyway that it is a matter for a different thread.

I am two or three years older than her, so when she was at the top of her career, she was considered one of the hottest singers by people my age. And there was this feeling of: "she looks natural and innocent, but I could never be with a wonderful girl like her..."
I am older now, and that feeling is long gone, she is a very beautiful woman, but I don't find her more atractive than my girlfriend for example, or being that desirable anymore.
I don't know if she is not as beautiful as before, my tastes changed, or both.

She has all rights to tattoo herself as much as she wants, I just think those tattoos don't make her more pretty. Less pretty? Probably, but certainly they don't make her prettier.

She has also her right to shave her hair if she wants, but it won't make her more attractive. Same with tattoos. (worst, because tattoos will stay)

So do I like her the same? No.
Do I like her less than before because of the tattoos? No.
Do I like her tattoos? No.
Will I be mad if she gets more tattoos? No. Just dissapointed of her poor taste.

I liked her beauty, her music, her dances and her voice.
Now I like her voice.
I can not like her inner beauty since I've never met her:D

You make a good point... so you agree that she is less pretty... but you still like her the same!... I'm okay with that... at least you are able to acknowledge that you think she appears to be less pretty, even though you don't mind. As for me, I agree people have the right to do what they want to, however other people's actions may change the way I feel about them! I just might see them in a different light... I mean, if you think about it, for instance.. if the President of the United States started cross dressing tomorrow then there will be some people who would never see him the same way again.. conversely, there will be some people that may not be affected and think he can do whatever he wants to do behind closed doors... and then there are some people that may even like him more!....

SpanishFan 09-26-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron (Post 233032)
You make a good point... so you agree that she is less pretty... but you still like her the same!... I'm okay with that... at least you are able to acknowledge that you think she appears to be less pretty, even though you don't mind.

Exactly. I am still very interested in everything she does. Even if in the future I don't like her new album that much, it won't be a problem since I still would be able to listen to her previous albums, concerts, etc... Same with her tattoos or her looks.
I take everything she does now as a plus.

I find Ray4AJ previous post interesting and has relation with my earlier comment about our different perspectives of her career. He is a five month fan and it is interesting to read his views.
I think that for fans that are following Alizée since longer it is more difficult to cope with "changes" and accept them, being tattoos, different musical style, not so much dancing, etc...

Many Alizée forums in Spain and Europe don't exist anymore... The people who started AAm and AF don't post anymore... I am saying this because some people can be offended for reading some criticism here about Alizée, but at the end of the day we are in the same boat and posting some critic about her does not mean an attack, it is just a sign that we still care or we are interested and we are all still here.

Rev 09-27-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

I agree with much that you said.

I have much the same opinion about the first 3 tattoos. I even thought the Jeremy tattoo was tolerable (as, again, it was the equivalent expression as the Annily one). However, when Sailor Moon came along she crossed a line.

If she was a friend, and not in show business, I would tell her I do not care much for tattoos, and that she looks less beautiful with them, but it would not affect our friendship.

However, she is in show business. So, when I look at her, I am always influenced by my perception of how the tattoos will impact her career. I believe the tattoos will have a SIGNIFICANT negative impact to her career, and may very well be what prevents her from being successful (according to her definition - not mine). I am simply sad for her.

There are stories of people who end up sabotaging their own success. The story of a female Judge who was arrested for shoplifting is a prime example. When asked why she did it, she commented about the stresses in her occupation. Her subconscious mind found a way out of the stress (although her conscious mind would never have picked that particular method).

I wonder if this exact mechanism is at work in her case?

vermelho grande 09-27-2012 01:17 AM

Spot on Vive, nice one.

foxy 09-27-2012 03:58 AM

tinkerbell, gecko, Annily tatoos are cute.
sailormoon, snowhite, Arale ... :( (sigh)

Nubcake 09-27-2012 07:13 AM

Too many options, but seriously.. more posts about tattoos? Just go to a random tattoo forum and express your thoughts about tattoos over there, you'll at least get a response over there with a bigger audience. Maybe you could belittle everyone and change the way the world thinks about them, after all we care about what you think.

Scruffydog777 09-27-2012 10:00 AM

Well the rest of the world could be covered from head to toe with tatoos and for the most part we wouldn't give a hoot. This is not about tatoos in general, it's about tatoos on Alizee and the best place for us to discuss that, is right here.

vermelho grande 09-27-2012 02:29 PM

Just a thought.........

Do the Tats indicate Alizee might turn to plastic surgery at a young age??

J'ai tendance à penser qu'il est possible, afin de préparer vous-même Scruff!

Kate Beckinsale, who looks similar to Alizee, could be a glimpse into Lilly's future.

http://wallpaperpassion.com/upload/1...-wallpaper.jpg