Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Boston Marathon Bombings (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7447)

Scruffydog777 04-15-2013 04:35 PM

Boston Marathon Bombings

Just to get a little off topic. I went down to watch my niece race in the Boston Marathon. Luckily what happened was well away from us and from where she was.

Marka 04-15-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 240714)
Just to get a little off topic. I went down to watch my niece race in the Boston Marathon. Luckily what happened was well away from us and from where she was.

What happened??!

Panther 04-15-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matevz91 (Post 240720)
What happened??!

Two bombs went off near the finish line. Boston is more or less in lockdown now.

So glad to hear that your niece is ok Scruffy.

Karin 04-15-2013 06:22 PM

yea... our news TV is showing it as actuality about hour... there were some our people too who run the marathon

Fall 04-15-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 240714)

I'm glad to hear you and your niece are ok Scruffy

DannyMac524 04-15-2013 09:20 PM

We were going to go in to see the marathon today, but had something else come up. So fortunately we had something else to do. We usually spend time in that area of the back bay, as we belong to Alliance Français (French Cultural Center and Library - on Marlborough Street) and have friends that live and work around there. Absolutely unbelievable!

lapinschous 04-15-2013 09:23 PM

Oh god i'm so happy you're both okay ... I guess that everyone must be scared in the streets of boston right now. Did you hear the sound of the blast from where you were at that time ?

DannyMac524 04-15-2013 10:12 PM

My nephew works in a building a street over from there and said they heard it in the office. They shut down cell phone service in the area and severely restricted entrance into various areas. Some hotels were in lock down. The MBTA (metro) was checking everyone going in to use the Green Line.

Jake04 04-16-2013 01:49 AM

I'm so sorry to hear what happened in Boston. Glad to hear you and your niece were alright, Scruffy.

Scruffydog777 04-16-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyMac524 (Post 240729)
We were going to go in to see the marathon today, but had something else come up. So fortunately we had something else to do. We usually spend time in that area of the back bay, as we belong to Alliance Français (French Cultural Center and Library - on Marlborough Street) and have friends that live and work around there. Absolutely unbelievable!

It's great that you belong to that Center. I wanted to donate one of Alizee's "5" cds along with this years Les Enfoires dvd to their library.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapinschous (Post 240730)
Oh god i'm so happy you're both okay ... I guess that everyone must be scared in the streets of boston right now. Did you hear the sound of the blast from where you were at that time ?

We were over 3 miles away and didn't hear a thing.

One family was hit pretty hard. An eight year old boy was killed, his younger sister lost a leg and their mom suffered a brain injury. The kids were there to see their dad finish the race.