Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Buying the single - 9/30 (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2530)

Cooney 09-30-2007 12:32 AM

Buying the single - 9/30

Ok, so it's 9/30 in France, and Mademoiselle Juliette is now available on virgin.fr, as well as iTunes France, and no doubt other platforms as well. Has anybody located one where we can legally purchase it from the states? Virgin still won't allow non-French purchasers, and iTunes is the same way.

JCC 09-30-2007 12:56 AM

Your guess is as good as mine....if people like RMJ can't buy it yet, just about nobody outside of FRANCE can't buy it. :(

espire 09-30-2007 01:09 AM

Odd... I can't even see the song on iTunes France. Is it simply not up there yet?

lefty12357 09-30-2007 01:10 AM

The whole thing seems crazy to me. We are all dying to hand over the money and no one seems to want it. What purpose does it serve to deny paying customers the product?

Deepwaters 09-30-2007 01:11 AM

It's there. I feel like Tantalus. :mad:

I even tried putting in a fake Paris address and phone number, but it won't accept my credit card. I think that's the first time I've run into a business that doesn't want my money. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how to pull up a list of French download platforms? All I can find are iTunes and Virgin. Maybe there's another that will be easier to deal with.

Edit: Espire, I found it by doing a search for "Alizée Mademoiselle Juliette," not that that did any good -- but it IS there.

fsquared 09-30-2007 01:18 AM

I don't think it's just the download sites themselves. I suspect there's something to do with the record companies coordinating which songs/albums are released where, how royalties are dealt with, etc. etc. Probably the laws are different enough that the company has to deal with the money from a "single bought in France" differently from a "single bought in US", and if they don't think it's worth it to set up the infrastructure, then they just won't do it. Bites to be us, in that case :p

RMJ 09-30-2007 01:50 AM

whaht i hve told for weekk+? thy don t wnat let us buy...

what idid you do wholle week ?=!?!?did oyu messge rrca sony Alizée efveryone about tthis+?!

no.... evvryon e just tryy to fnid best way to stleal it.. ..

too fckin lat enow t o whine.. eveyrything is fucke up alrdy.

and wiorst thing isst tha Alizée doenst maybe know this.. shhe tinks alll fans gets it... :(

RMJ 09-30-2007 01:52 AM

if you nwant it... .start do somthing aboit it !!! i cnt do alll mjy own.. .

fsquared 09-30-2007 01:56 AM

I emailed RCA US about it...I got no reply. You emailed RCA Finland, they told you "sorry". I don't feel very powerful about influencing the record company's decision where to release a single for electronic download. Maybe they have to do some upfront investment to Apple to get on the iTunes catalog in each country and they don't think they can break even on the American market or something. Who knows.

rwd716 09-30-2007 02:02 AM

Well, we got em to put her on the Itunes U.S. so let's spam them again. Let's make it one of our operation diggs, only for now it's Operation Iwanttobuyalizee'snewsinglefromtheustunes, lol.