Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   UEdS DVD = CD + synced snapshot photos? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5562)

FanDeAliFee 04-12-2010 03:55 PM

UEdS DVD = CD + synced snapshot photos?

Producing a high-quality music video can be VERY expensive. (e.g. <i>MJ</i>.) So we were all very pleased at the wonderfully artistic music video issued for <i>Les Collines</i>, given its supposed modest budget. The high view-count at YouTube says it all! Great job, guys!

It is easier to produce a show of synchronized snapshots than a full-motion video, even if one includes modest special effects like pans, zooms, cross-fades and so on.

During the roll-out of <i>Un Enfant du Siècle</i> (UEdS), Alizée has published on her blog a lot of snapshots of herself in character. What if she produced a DVD using the UEdS soundtrack, in which these photos, and perhaps others, were artistically synchronized with the music? Would you find this product appealing for purchase? (Stipulate that it also bundles the full-motion <i>Les Collines</i> music video.)

Think of using it on a big-screen TV during a party, or while relaxing after work or on the weekend. Wouldn't it make for fantastic "kinetic wallpaper" to create a mood along with the music? Put the DVD player on "repeat" and Lili "never (wanna) leave you"!

This is informal, unauthorized product research on my part. Perhaps someone will find the results of our poll useful.

Obviously, anyone could simply rip the UEdS CD audio and the Web photos and produce an ILLICIT product like this. But if you want Alizée to remain in the MUSIC BUSINESS, we have to buy her legitimate products to provide her a revenue stream. That's the reason for canvasing your interest in BUYING something like this.

Tiwaz 04-12-2010 04:26 PM

I'd pay ten to fifteen of your American dollars.
I would prefer a DVD with a music video to each song. I think she mentioned in a recent interview that she wished to do something like that too.

sumi1 04-12-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiwaz (Post 160252)
I'd pay ten to fifteen of your American dollars.
I would prefer a DVD with a music video to each song. I think she mentioned in a recent interview that she wished to do something like that too.

I would also love that. But given the dismal performance of UEDS in France, the probability of that happening is almost zero.

CFHollister 04-12-2010 04:38 PM

I'd pay $5-$10 more. Although, Alizée has released a VCD with one of the releases of MCE that included the clips for Moi... Lolita anf J'en ai Marre. I'd probably prefer something like that.

PS: docdtv, why do you use the thumbs down icon for so many of your thread startes? You seem so... disapproving, of everything that way.

Tchaikovsky 04-12-2010 04:51 PM

Why do you use the "thumbs down" symbol as your thread icon?

MYGOGT 04-12-2010 04:58 PM

Two thumbs up

Seeing as Alizée discs are the only thing I have collected since my penny collection some 40+ years ago I would have to get this if/when it came to be.

VVVACCPLPNLY 04-12-2010 05:06 PM

Stop asking about the thumbs down! Jeeze, he's probably referencing the fact that we should NOT do this on our own. Also, I think it is very possible she would release a mv compilation. Mf did it quite a few times, I think thrice on vhs and once on dvd. And since the majority of Alizée's mv's are from the earliest cd's, those that performed best in France, it is highly probable it would make a good amount of money. Problem is, her older ones are probably still owned by Polydor/Universal, as the new one (and whatever other mv's are released herafter for UEdS) are/will be owned by Institubes. But a dvd of the NLY mv and a slideshow would still be worth a purchase. A great way to subtly spread the word of her, like doc said at a party, or maybe even a school French class. Speaking of which, is anybody here actually in a French class at school? You could use the En Concert dvd as an end of the year celebration. I would have, but I took French in 6th grade, and learned of Alizée after I finished school.

sumi1 04-12-2010 05:31 PM

There is a French club at my university operated by some French students. I plan to join it from next Fall, to learn French. But since majority of members in the group are French, I assume they already know about her.

user472884 04-12-2010 05:34 PM

I'll pay whatever price it takes to support her

Tchaikovsky 04-12-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 160266)
Stop asking about the thumbs down! Jeeze, he's probably referencing the fact that we should NOT do this on our own.

Stop?? This is the first time I've asked about it.