Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   The AAm Project (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Promoting Alizee / AAm (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5564)

VVVACCPLPNLY 05-11-2010 09:41 PM

Hmm... Good work aaronius. And mani, I and mygogt will be doing a street team thing this saturday, at my local mall.

User22 05-11-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 164952)
Hmm... Good work aaronius. And mani, I and mygogt will be doing a street team thing this saturday, at my local mall.

Thanks! And man I didn't know MYGOGT was a viginian too! That is so cool you guys are doing this!!! Hopefully it bears great results:D

And VVV, how the poop do you have 1,200 posts in 4 months? You truly are alizee's most active fan:D

Människöpesten 05-11-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 164954)
Thanks! And man I didn't know MYGOGT was a viginian too! That is so cool you guys are doing this!!! Hopefully it bears great results:D

And VVV, how the poop do you have 1,200 posts in 4 months? You truly are alizee's most active fan:D

he's MAGIC. that's how. and i've posted fliers around my school so yar < bad ass

ptjmwa 05-11-2010 09:57 PM

we should go to the french teachers in our school and tell them to put her music in their class!

Människöpesten 05-11-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptjmwa (Post 164962)
we should go to the french teachers in our school and tell them to put her music in their class!

i know for a fact my school does that, a friend of mine is in french and said something about some french singer i was like.. ALIZEE?!?!1?!111!?!1!11?

User22 05-11-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 164964)
i know for a fact my school does that, a friend of mine is in french and said something about some french singer i was like.. ALIZEE?!?!1?!111!?!1!11?

wait so did your friend mean Alizee? If so, saweeet!!!

But yah, sadly I don't know my french teachers. But I can probably fit in La Candida to my spanish teachers:D

Fall 05-11-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 164950)
Nice videos Fall, I love seeing new videos:D I'm surprised Youtube didn't crash when those videos were put up, they must have found a very skilled and wise person that somehow put Lilly-code and MJ-code together and could downsize the video to 50-60MJbytes. I still can't believe Youtube didn't crash because of too much awesomeness on one site....

If it can have both the ÀCC video and MJ's videos, it can do anything

Människöpesten 05-11-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 164968)
wait so did your friend mean Alizee? If so, saweeet!!!

But yah, sadly I don't know my french teachers. But I can probably fit in La Candida to my spanish teachers:D

yes he did, and he looked down on france before that, and now, he likes france and alizee

User22 05-11-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 164974)
yes he did, and he looked down on france before that, and now, he likes france and alizee

Spreading the wORD!!! nice Mannicopenhagen! Hopefully I can get a good size alizee group at my school and can be the head of it. We can meet places and be a huge street team:D

VVVACCPLPNLY 05-11-2010 11:03 PM

Mygogt is not a virginian, he is taking a 27state trip, and I contacted him early to set up the meeting. And it isn't magic, it is shear love for her. You guys act like poting is hard. Do wha I do: get on once, check subscribed threads, and post when you see something interesting. Bam, you got posts!

Människöpesten 05-11-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 164978)
Mygogt is not a virginian, he is taking a 27state trip, and I contacted him early to set up the meeting. And it isn't magic, it is shear love for her. You guys act like poting is hard. Do wha I do: get on once, check subscribed threads, and post when you see something interesting. Bam, you got posts!

dude. it's so hard

MYGOGT 05-11-2010 11:37 PM

You folks are doing a great job. I have to come clean. My trip was planned many months before I succumbed to Lilly. I have just tried to include spreading the word along with this trip. One thing I have learned that the south can be a hard sell with French music. I was disappointed in this at first. I could hardly believe the response I was given by some folks. But I must remember that I am somewhat biased in the subject at hand. Tonight I am sitting out on a veranda listening to the gulf waves crash into the shore. I am recharging my batteries so to speak. And having a few beers. This break comes at a most necessary time for me. This is what the trip is about.
I have many sample cd's to give out when VVV and I meet. This was a good idea he has presented. I know our time will be short because of previous engagements I have set up but we will do our best!

Fall 05-12-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYGOGT (Post 164984)
You folks are doing a great job. I have to come clean. My trip was planned many months before I succumbed to Lilly. I have just tried to include spreading the word along with this trip. One thing I have learned that the south can be a hard sell with French music. I was disappointed in this at first. I could hardly believe the response I was given by some folks. But I must remember that I am somewhat biased in the subject at hand. Tonight I am sitting out on a veranda listening to the gulf waves crash into the shore. I am recharging my batteries so to speak. And having a few beers. This break comes at a most necessary time for me. This is what the trip is about.
I have many sample cd's to give out when VVV and I meet. This was a good idea he has presented. I know our time will be short because of previous engagements I have set up but we will do our best!

That's the spirit! Keep your chin up!! :)

MYGOGT 05-12-2010 12:50 AM

Thanks Fall. That is what I like about this place, supportive folks like you.

Människöpesten 05-12-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fall06 (Post 164989)
That's the spirit! Keep your chin up!! :)

fall's such a nice guy.

User22 05-12-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYGOGT (Post 164993)

Hope you have a great result-bearing and safe trip back to wherever:)
Good luck with VVV:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 164995)
fall's such a nice guy.

Indeed he is....

VVVACCPLPNLY 05-12-2010 08:57 AM

Well, once we meet, we can plan exact specifications. And I wonder whether you have reached/passed New Orléans? It is so stupid of me not to have thought of it before! That is a city rich in French culture, perhaps a few coffee shops or restaurants would be interested in her music?

Fall 05-12-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYGOGT (Post 164993)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 164995)
fall's such a nice guy.

:o aheh, thanks guys, happy to help :)
Best of luck to you guys :)

Människöpesten 05-12-2010 05:24 PM

i got Dance Factory to play a remix of her song once. just as a btw

User22 05-12-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 165056)
i got Dance Factory to play a remix of her song once. just as a btw

woh...noice!!! Don't know what Dance Factory is but OK!!!haha

MYGOGT 05-13-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY (Post 165022)
Well, once we meet, we can plan exact specifications. And I wonder whether you have reached/passed New Orléans? It is so stupid of me not to have thought of it before! That is a city rich in French culture, perhaps a few coffee shops or restaurants would be interested in her music?

New Orleans was not on my list this trip.
I did manage to give out another cd today though. Tomorrow will be another day of hope.
Steady progress.

user472884 05-13-2010 01:05 AM

I wear one of my AAm shirts at least once a week, not much but I do get questions on it :)

MYGOGT 05-13-2010 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 165092)
I wear one of my AAm shirts at least once a week, not much but I do get questions on it :)

I forgot about these. VVV, I have shirts from AAm for us to wear this Saturday.
It should help us to look legit.

Människöpesten 05-13-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 165070)
woh...noice!!! Don't know what Dance Factory is but OK!!!haha

it's what i always post in chat :P

Fall 05-14-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 165143)
it's what i always post in chat :P

Good radio station too :)

wasabi622 05-14-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 165092)

I wish I got questioned for it too, but unfortunately, no one really seems to care, other then my friends who already know about Alizée and my obsession with her.

Then again, they just kind of figure out that it's Alizée related. :p

User22 05-17-2010 07:27 PM

Recently on France 2(http://13h15-le-samedi.france2.fr/?p...52010142735_F2), a mexican soldier was showed playing Moi...Lolita on his iPhone for the cameras that were following his Company.

Here is the video:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ld2hrsZBuW4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ld2hrsZBuW4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld2hrsZBuW4

I was wondering if anywhere in the larger video that was on France 2's website, if there was an address to mail stuff to that company for, or if there is already a way we can mail stuff to them. I think this is a great opportunity to spread the word of Lilly and AAm by sending him and his company some Alizee stuff to keep them busy. Please tell what you think....

Människöpesten 05-17-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 165619)
Recently on France 2(http://13h15-le-samedi.france2.fr/?p...52010142735_F2), a mexican soldier was showed playing Moi...Lolita on his iPhone for the cameras that were following his Company.

Here is the video:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ld2hrsZBuW4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ld2hrsZBuW4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

this guy. is a legend.

sumi1 05-17-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 165619)

Here is the video:

This guy should show this video to all and they will realize that this life is not for war. There will be peace everywhere then and Empress Alizee will rule the World :)

wasabi622 05-17-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumi1 (Post 165639)
This guy should show this video to all and they will realize that this life is not for war. There will be peace everywhere then and Empress Alizee will rule the World :)

I don't know.. I get crap for doing anything French related from my battalion. Maybe this guy's battalion is more open minded. :D

User22 05-17-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 165655)
I don't know.. I get crap for doing anything French related from my battalion. Maybe this guy's battalion is more open minded. :D

Yah, you'll just have to spread her elsewhere:(

MYGOGT 05-18-2010 08:06 PM

Posting for VVVACCCPLPNLY

Please read the following email I received from VVV:
Hey, this is VVV. Just copy-paste and quote this into a post on the promotion thread you started: I left my house about 9am. I texted back and forth between MYGOGT to set specific details. I was worried I may have trouble convincing my dad I needed to get to Books A Million in Petersburg, but when I said I would be looking for a job (which I did do after our meeting, I am not a liar:D), he said 'Yeah, you probably should.' I saw MYGOGT's GOGT, and headed over to him. He and I spoke a bit, but due to time constraints, didn't have time for much else. But he gave me some demo discs to hand out. First, since I actually wanted to work at BAM, I went there first. I walked in, spoke to the manager about my personal business there (she didn't ask my favorite book, though I had the answer prepared!:D), I went and tucked one disc between the two copies of Lolita they have in stock. The cd case was ticking out, I figure if someone goes for Lolita (they have evidently sold a few copies, since I have been keeping track out of sheer curiosity), they will most certainly see the disc, and hopefully be interested. Next I went to the music store. They have only ever had one French disc in stock, and it disappeared within a week of being put on the shelf. So, I placed a demo disc there, too, underneath the little 'Music of France' placard. As for personal interactions, I did receive one positive response. I went to a game store looking to apply, but the guy started asking me what games I played, trying to get a sale. But I used WoW against him. And explained that it led me to Alizée, and was the best thing video games ever did for me. He seemed pretty interested in the fact she was French, and I explained some raw details, just enough to wet his appetite. So I handed him my last disc. Pointed out the sites on the back. He took to it pretty well. So I will go back by there later to see how it went. Other than that, not much. Thanks to MYGOGT for all he did. Sorry guys, I can't get on!

Good job VVV! I was able to give out another in Va and two more in NH.

User22 05-18-2010 08:15 PM

Woh very good MYGOGT and VVV!!!

I think it's hilarious that you hid them for people to find eventually:D So awesome:D

But yah that is really good:D

And an update on my works:
I have recently made 4 copies of En Concert on DVD and I handed 3 out to my friends and they....LOVED IT TO DEATH!!! The other two that aren't on here said they are going to join since they are thirsty for more. And all of them have the music now so we talk about her songs all the time now:wub: We are coordinating a plan to spread her to even more people....I am slowly but surely bringing the people in my school to her:D

Människöpesten 05-18-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 165777)
Woh very good MYGOGT and VVV!!!

I think it's hilarious that you hid them for people to find eventually:D So awesome:D

But yah that is really good:D

And an update on my works:
I have recently made 4 copies of En Concert on DVD and I handed 3 out to my friends and they....LOVED IT TO DEATH!!! The other two that aren't on here said they are going to join since they are thirsty for more. And all of them have the music now so we talk about her songs all the time now:wub: We are coordinating a plan to spread her to even more people....I am slowly but surely bringing the people in my school to her:D

Alizee to three friends. checkmate.

wasabi622 05-18-2010 11:21 PM

I've tried burning some CDs but they don't seem to work.. I mean, they can be burned onto a CD, but when I tried to play the CDs, it didn't work... tips anyone?

Människöpesten 05-18-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 165800)
I've tried burning some CDs but they don't seem to work.. I mean, they can be burned onto a CD, but when I tried to play the CDs, it didn't work... tips anyone?

cd as an actual cd or... a movie burned onto a cd?

wasabi622 05-18-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 165801)
cd as an actual cd or... a movie burned onto a cd?

As in I ripped the music onto my library, put in a blank CD to burn the music onto.. works fine with my other music, just not with Alizée's. :(

Människöpesten 05-18-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 165805)
As in I ripped the music onto my library, put in a blank CD to burn the music onto.. works fine with my other music, just not with Alizée's. :(

huh... that's weird. i'd say regional restrictions but you already ripped it

User22 05-18-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 165809)
huh... that's weird. i'd say regional restrictions but you already ripped it

As you can see I created a new sig and am satisfied now:D

And Wasabi do you use iTunes? If so I can tell you really easily how to make a CD

Roman 05-20-2010 09:30 PM

one example of radio promotional attempt

copying this over for Scruffydog777:

Letter to a local radio station called Mix 106.7
Dear Sir,
By your station's name it shows you play a mix, a variety of music. Well here's a good chance to prove it. I'd like to request a song that is in English, but sung by a French singer. Her name is Alizée (pronounced Al - e - zay). I'd like to request you to play 1 out of 4 songs that she has (all in English) with the one I'd prefer played listed first, but I'll leave it up to you as to which one you might play. I'll attach Youtube links to videos for these songs.
I found out about this beautiful young singer a little over 3 years ago. Since then I've pretty much stopped listening to music on the radio. I've made up numerous cd's over the years of music I love but they're gathering dust in a cabinet.
I was born and raised in Boston. I'm a huge sports fan. I've suffered through Bob Gibson, Bill Buckner,too many men on the ice (Montreal that time), Bleeping Bucky Dent, Pedro being left in too long, Pats Packers SB. Lenny Bias. Not any more. I haven't watched Red Sox game yet, not even against the Yankees. Didn't watch a Bruins game all season, not even the playoffs. Celtics, same story.
That's the type of affect this girl has on people. I don't understand how I can listen to this beutiful young woman's music as often as I do and not get tired of it. Here are some of her songs that I think you should consider playing.
The first song is Youpidoo. It's about her breaking up with her boyfreind.Has a very catchy beat to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHJXsio4IqE
Second song is I'm fed up. A song where she sings about laying around in her bubble bath, then singing about all the things she's fed up with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z15snGzGFpo
Third song is Amelie. It's a song about a character in a French movie called Amelie. Beautiful song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJduKx6bnUI
Fourth song is I'm not twenty, where she's celebrating the fact that she hasn't turned twenty yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFhW8HgmiM0
I should also mention she does a beautiful rendition of Madonna's La Isla Bonita that you might consider playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZlgNj-rIxw 9 million views
Except for Amelie and La Isla Bonita, these 3 songs were re-writes of her French songs. They were written by Mylene Farmer. The most successful female singer in French history. A very talented woman but unfortunately one thing she wasn't that good at was re-writing these songs into English. Some times the story doesn't make sense. It's unfortunate, but I don't think it matters. Your listeners will love this girls voice and they will love the music that was written by Laurent Boutanant, another great talented artist.
Most of these songs were written back in 2003. But I don't think that matters to your listeners. The only thing that will matter to them is that they haven't heard them before. I didn't hear them until 2007 and had no idea they were 4 years old and could not have cared less.
She was at the height of her popularity back in 2003. But unfortunately that was when the relations between our two countries were at their worst. That's the year the phrase freedom fries was coined. No U.S. station would have dared played her music. Which is really a shame. Do a search of Youtube under her name and you'll see how popular she is. All this music of hers getting downloaded into the States and she's not making a penny out of it.
The more you learn about her, the more you realize she is as beautiful on the inside as on the outside. She does a lot of shows for charity. There's no embarressing photos of her, no late night partying, no rehab, no train wrecks. Just a beautiful person who's music I think your listeners would love to hear.
Dare to Mix!
Thank You for your time.
Dave Hardy

Letter to AmericanWay

I travel fairly often and as a consequence have read your magazine several times.
I have a suggestion on someone you should do a story on that I think many people in America and across the world would love to hear.
Her name is Alizée (pronounced Al - e - zay), a French singer whose name is as beautiful as her.
Here are links to a few pictures of her.

Alizée at 18 -

Alizée at 25 -

She was born on Corsica, France (same place as Napoleon) in 1984.
Her parents loved to windsurf so they decided to name her after a trade wind that blows through parts of Africa and the Caribbean, called an Alize. Well with the French, everything has a gender and Alize is masculine, so you add an e to the end and it becomes Alizée.

At the age of 11, she won a competition to design a new paint scheme for an airplane, of which, I'll attach a picture here.

http://yfrog.com/5aalizee17pyj

She studied dance from the age of 4. At the age of 15, a freind talked her into entering a talent show. She didn't realize until she got there that the dancing competition was for teams and she was by herself, so she entered the singing competition instead. She finished second, but more importantly, in the process, her efforts were noticed by Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutanant. These are two tremendously talented French artists. Mylene Farmer is the most successful female singer in French history and a lot of her success is due to Laurent Boutanant who composes music for her and who she studied the arts with in college and they've worked on many projects together over the years.

They talked her parents into letting Alizée drop out of high school and moving to Paris to pursue her new career. She was an overnight success. She had 2 songs in the top 3 of the song charts for France for 3 months, something that no other French artist had accomplished before. She made it into the top 10 in England, something that was tremendously difficult for a foreign artist, not singing in English to do. She would fly home to Corsica on just about every weekend to be with freinds and family.

In 2003, Alizée performed 5 songs in English. The first was a beautiful rendition of Madonna's La Isla Bonita. This is how I found out about her. Another one was Amelie, which was a song about a character in the French movie Amelie. The movie won several awards, including in this country, despite having English subtitles. I'll attach a few links to some of her music. In 2003 she was at the height of her popularity. I think her English songs would have been played in this country except this was the time when the relations between our 2 countries were at their worst. This was the year the name freedom fries replaced french fries in our restaurants. Because of this I think she is one of the artists who has suffered the most financially from pirating. If her music had been played here, she would have made millions. Instead her music is readily down loaded for free from outlets such as Youtube. On Youtube there has been over 5 million views for La Isla Bonita, 25 million for J'en ai marre (of which there are several versions of). Here are a few links to some of her music. The first 2 in English, the last 3 in French.