Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Fan Art (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   My trip to Hawaii (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8204)

Scruffydog777 04-03-2017 07:09 AM

My trip to Hawaii

2 Attachment(s)
Yesterday early evening, I was starting to wind down my vacation in Waikiki. I was walking up and down the streets where all the little shops are looking for some souveneir or momento of this trip. Nothing I saw appealed to me. There were a lot of people out putting on shows such as one man bands, break dancers, a guy with a guinea pig in a remote control car and a lot of artists, painting portraits for people.

I stopped at one artist and couldn't believe how much the charcoal sketch he was working on resembled the person on the tablet's picture he was working from. Then my mind kicked into gear. How about a portrait of Alizee with palm trees in the background? That would be a good reminder of this trip. Question was,what picture to pick. Well there are so many to choose from 2000 to 2017. With not a lot of time to work with, I chose the look that I always describe as "The look that launched a thousand ships!" and that was from her JPVA performance in front of the Eiffel tower.

So I met with the guy tonight and he started working on it. He spent about 2 hours on it and I couldn't believe how much it looked like the real thing. He tired out and finished for the night and still has to add the palm trees. Hopefully he wont make any changes to her image because it's perfect as it is. I took a lot of pictures and videos during this 2 hours and I will put together a video when I get back.

His name is Michael Daly
MICHAELDALYARTIST.com

Attachment 1523

leto681 04-03-2017 11:06 AM

Good Idea, pls show us the finished Drawing.

Ray4AJ 04-03-2017 11:43 AM

Great idea! I'm very impressed.

alizeefan 04-03-2017 01:46 PM

Awesme Scruffz !

deligna 04-04-2017 05:08 AM

Thats awesome!

Scruffydog777 04-04-2017 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The next morning, I spent 2 hours with Michael while he finished up the drawing. In my opinion, it's just stunning the likeness. Now that I'm home, probably on my next days off, I will put together a video of the 4 + hours it took to do this and at that time, I will post a picture of the finished product. He signed it at the very bottom. I might copy and paste that into a more obvious part of the finished product, for the artist's sake. Here's a cropped image of the final drawing.
Attachment 1525

alizeefan 04-04-2017 08:43 PM

I'd love to see the video and surely not the only one , again what a great idea and he seems to be a fantastic artist .

Scruffydog777 04-04-2017 10:23 PM

Looking at this cropped picture above which of course shows up larger than the original, I couldn't help but notice where the lips meet on the right side, didn't look right, but after checking the picture used for the portrait, it is true to that picture.

Attachment 1527

ALS 04-05-2017 10:25 AM

Looks good :)