Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Support (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Alizee America App (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4829)

woohoo 06-14-2009 11:39 PM

Alizee America App

Hey I was just thinking that we (in other words an awesome smart programer) should create an application for the iphone or itouch about Alizee America and Alizee. It could just be a mobile version of Alizee america with videos that work on the iphone or with a little trivia game about Alizee. I don't know exactly how the relationship between the original site and the mobile version of the site works but I just thought it would be awesome to have Alizee on an iPhone. It would also make her known to more people thus increasing fan numbers, which is always good.

Your thoughts?

Ps I wrote this on an iphone it was annoying.

user472884 06-14-2009 11:44 PM

yea seriously..

Is there a member here with experience with software? Enough to create a specialized form of AA that can work properly on an iPod Touch or an iPhone?

I'm making due with a home screen bookmark with the icon being an extreme close up of Alizée's signature "A"
---------------
I would say maybe have the app very similar to the iWhatever's default home screen! Like one little button to take you to forums, to podcasts, videos, recent, etc.

I'll edit this later with a visual

woohoo 06-14-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 131900)
yea seriously..

Is there a member here with experience with software? Enough to create a specialized form of AA that can work properly on an iPod Touch or an iPhone?

I'm making due with a home screen bookmark with the icon being an extreme close up of Alizée's signature "A"
---------------
I would say maybe have the app very similar to the iWhatever's default home screen! Like one little button to take you to forums, to podcasts, videos, recent, etc.

I'll edit this later with a visual

Great idea for the home screen button any picture would be too small but the A would the perfect size.

The programer would need to know more than just java ,they would need that special software that apple sells to aspering app creators as well as the knowledge to use it.

Ben 06-15-2009 12:01 AM

Can't say I have any iPhone knowledge, but it does sound like a good idea if someone else does!

lilly 06-15-2009 12:18 AM

It's going to be tough, iPhone apps and games needs to be licensed by Apple before putting it up for the masses.That takes time and money.

user472884 06-15-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilly (Post 131905)
It's going to be tough, iPhone apps and games needs to be licensed by Apple before putting it up for the masses.That takes time and money.

Yes, Apple does review all applications before publishing them. I do not think it requires money to publish an application though I think Apple takes a small commission should there be a price to download the app. Though I would not expect (nor want) this app to be of cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woohoo (Post 131901)
The programer would need to know more than just java ,they would need that special software that apple sells to aspering app creators as well as the knowledge to use it.

Yea, it's called SDK (Software Developer's Kit).

I have (or had) very brief knowledge of how to write apps, not nearly enough for an AA application.

Well here is my very quick and rough idea for what the home page would look like. If anybody does decide to take on this project, I don't care if you use this format as long as I get some form of credit.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/q...ppScreen-2.jpg
notes: the (i) is supposed to be that little translucent-grey info button

a larger version
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/q...eAppScreen.jpg

Chommpers 06-15-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilly (Post 131905)

Maybe, but really its not that expensive for the SDK and it could be very profitable to get into iPhone apps and games in the long run, so if you are in the field it's not a bad thing to learn. I mean for games its a lot cheaper than trying to independently release your game, not to mention you have Apple pushing it out on itunes the number one music service and app store in the world and iPhones are also the number one phone, not to mention you can also get the apps and games on a iPod touch if you don't want the phone. That type of audience and availability is fantastic and for a much smaller price than would otherwise be possible. There are lots of free apps out there that are very nice, I think an Alizée America app would be cool and could be the start of a business for someone or maybe just a fan giving back :D.

user472884 06-15-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chommpers (Post 131911)
Maybe, but really its not that expensive for the SDK

oh quite the contrary, I signed up *cough* as a future software developer to get the beta version of SDK. When the full release came I had to buy the full product for the discounted developer price of $800...

woohoo 06-15-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 131912)
oh quite the contrary, I signed up *cough* as a future software developer to get the beta version of SDK. When the full release came I had to buy the full product for the discounted developer price of $800...

It says here that it costs 100 dollars not 800.
http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/apply.html

Ben 06-15-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 131910)

Hey that's pretty good! The only suggestion I'd have if someone actually does make this is that the gallery link be replaced with one to the podcast.