Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Support (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Alizée EN CONCERT (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4423)

Toc De Mac 12-12-2008 03:58 PM

Alizée EN CONCERT

I have had the European version of En Concert for a while now, and have contented myself with watching it on my computer screen, but now wish to move on to grander things. :p

The problem is, my DVD player is unable to play the disc. The "Code Région" marked on the back of the case states "Pal Toutes zones," which, I presume, mustn't be able to be played on my DVD player.

Have you ever encountered this problem, and, if so, how did you fix it?

Merci bien de vos réponses! :p

Rocket 12-12-2008 04:18 PM

I have the exact same problem. When my copy of Psychedelices arrived it came with a five minute DVD of Alizee driving a red Mustang. It wouldn't play on our DVD player or my laptop. Finally, when I bought my new laptom I was able to play it. The only thing I can think of would be a cable link between your computer and the TV. I've done that a few times. Sometimes I'll hook it up and watch some othe music vids on youtube. Imagine watching Alizee performing under the Eiffel Tower on a 52 inch screen. :p

Ben 12-12-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 122160)
The only thing I can think of would be a cable link between your computer and the TV.

Either that, or if you're really serious buying a DVD player that can do the conversion. They're usually around $50. For example: http://www.amazon.com/PHILIPS-DVP314...dp/B000Q0NDSA/

I buy a lot of discs from the UK and other countries, so for me having such a player is a must.

Just a Guest 12-12-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toc De Mac (Post 122158)
I have had the European version of En Concert for a while now, and have contented myself with watching it on my computer screen, but now wish to move on to grander things. :p

The problem is, my DVD player is unable to play the disc. The "Code Région" marked on the back of the case states "Pal Toutes zones," which, I presume, mustn't be able to be played on my DVD player.

Have you ever encountered this problem, and, if so, how did you fix it?

Merci bien de vos réponses! :p

That is odd because it's a all region DVD (no region flag set)
So it should play on all DVD players, even if they are region 1 (USA/Canada) restricted.
You still have the problem of PAL off course if your TV set can't handle PAL...
Did you try to play the DVD on another region 1 restricted player?

Ben 12-12-2008 04:34 PM

I'm sure either his DVD player, TV, or both are NTSC only. It's very rare to find ones that can play PAL here.

Just a Guest 12-12-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 122163)
I'm sure either his DVD player, TV, or both are NTSC only. It's very rare to find ones that can play PAL here.

Yes, i realized that later. I was thinking of my own situation here.
It works about 99% over here but only 1% there. :p
Is it so that players in the USA/Canada just WON'T output PAL? (regardless of TV capability) :confused:

Toc De Mac 12-12-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just a Guest (Post 122162)
Did you try to play the DVD on another region 1 restricted player?

Yep, I just tried playing it on my downstairs DVD player, but to no avail. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 122161)
Either that, or if you're really serious buying a DVD player that can do the conversion. They're usually around $50. For example: http://www.amazon.com/PHILIPS-DVP314...dp/B000Q0NDSA/

I buy a lot of discs from the UK and other countries, so for me having such a player is a must.

Thanks Snatcher, I'll have to keep that solution in mind (who knows, if Alizée releases another en concert film, I might just have to splurge on a new DVD player). :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 122160)
Imagine watching Alizee performing under the Eiffel Tower on a 52 inch screen. :p

:eek: :wub:

Just a Guest 12-12-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toc De Mac (Post 122165)
Thanks Snatcher, I'll have to keep that solution in mind (who knows, if Alizée releases another en concert film, I might just have to splurge on a new DVD player). :o

Keep in mind that standards conversion (especially these "Toys R Us" types in those DVD players)
will degrade the quality enormous, because of time stretching and resolution scaling. ;)
The result would be disappointing.

lefty12357 12-12-2008 05:48 PM

I bought a DVD player that is region free and will play PAL and NTSC DVDs. I have Alizée, Les Enfoirés, and Mylene Farmer DVDs, so I decided it was worth it so I could watch these DVDs on my 46 inch TV.

whitey® 12-12-2008 05:51 PM

Wait if I buy Alizee CD's and DVD's from a site like Amazon.fr the may not work in my in my computer?