Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best three songs to introduce a newbie with? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6048)

Rictor 10-21-2010 09:05 PM

Best three songs to introduce a newbie with?

My boss is amazing. He lets us listen to music at a low volume at work, but it's usually just him listening to his own music by plugging in his ipod to the speakers for the computer he uses.

So today I asked him if he'd like to listen to something I have. I didn't think he'd agree to do it, but he did. So my mind was racing as I tried to think of which Alizée songs would be best for someone who has never heard anything of hers before. This was also towards the end of the day where I had about 15 minutes left before I was heading out for the night. So that equates to about 3 songs max that I could play for him, depending on the length of the song and such.

I figured "Moi...Lolita" would be a good choice for a first listen since that was one of the first songs I've ever heard of hers after seeing her spectacular performance covering Madonna's "La Isla Bonita".

The 2nd song I chose was JPVA. Easy choice since it's my favorite Alizée song. I thought about going with Parler Tout Bas but I figured that's the kind of gem that can only be fully appreciated after you've already made the transition into Alizée fandom. :)

I thought about choosing J'en Ai Marre as well but figured it would not be as effective without the um...visuals. :p

I don't know what happened with my silly playlist but somehow it jumped to a non-Alizée song and I was still working on something so I wanted to finish it and decided not to change the song. It was Stone Sour's cover of "Wicked Game" btw. ;)

So my question to you fellow Alizée-lovers is this: If you were to introduce someone to Alizée music, which three songs would you pick and why?

User22 10-21-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rictor (Post 185026)
I figured "Moi...Lolita" would be a good choice for a first listen since that was one of the first songs I've ever heard of hers after seeing her spectacular performance covering Madonna's "La Isla Bonita".

The 2nd song I chose was JPVA. Easy choice since it's my favorite Alizée song. I thought about going with Parler Tout Bas but I figured that's the kind of gem that can only be fully appreciated after you've already made the transition into Alizée fandom. :)

I thought about choosing J'en Ai Marre as well but figured it would not be as effective without the um...visuals. :p

1)You didn't say whether he loved it or not....you had a cliffhanger at the end of the story:(

2)Moi...Lolita, J'en Ai Marre, J'ai Pas Vingt Ans

3)After showing them number 2, then you can show them some more serious stuff like UEDS and some Psychage...

DrSmith 10-21-2010 09:25 PM

L'Alizé
L'e-mail a Des Ailes
Par les Paupières
Fifty-Sixty

I know there's four, but I can't decide and I've been sitting here for, like, ten minutes…

I'd narrow the list down this way: Ask the person if they want to hear a slower song or a faster song. If slower: PLP; if faster: 50-60

wasabi622 10-21-2010 09:26 PM

1. Moi...lolita
- It's the song that launched into into stardom, so it is, to say at the least, a somewhat important song!

2. J'ai Pas Vingt Ans
- Same reason as you Ricto. :p

3. Fifty Sixty
- It's very upbeat and very catchy. Something that's easy to like.

User22 10-21-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 185041)
3. Fifty Sixty
- It's very upbeat and very catchy. Something that's easy to like.

Some classify that as girly for some reason though...a lot of people I showed it to first said it was sort of...well..."flower power"-ish:p

Rictor 10-21-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 185035)
1)You didn't say whether he loved it or not....you had a cliffhanger at the end of the story:(

Oops. Sorry about that. He liked it. He said he thought it was weird that this other girl we work with didn't like it - bc she speaks French. Aw well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSmith (Post 185040)
L'Alizé
L'e-mail a Des Ailes
Par les Paupières
Fifty-Sixty

I know there's four, but I can't decide and I've been sitting here for, like, ten minutes…

Excellent choices. And "L'e-mail a Des Ailes" is often overlooked; it's a great song. I only started loving that song after I watched En Concert a number of times. She does an amazing job with that one.

wasabi622 10-21-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 185044)
Some classify that as girly for some reason though...a lot of people I showed it to first said it was sort of...well..."flower power"-ish:p

Knee them in the groin and scream "flower power" in their faces!

How dare they.

Zeerre 10-21-2010 10:14 PM

1. JPVA
2. Fifty-Sixty
3. L'Alize

Because they're my favorites.

User22 10-21-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rictor (Post 185047)
Oops. Sorry about that. He liked it.

Excellent choices. And "L'e-mail a Des Ailes" is often overlooked; it's a great song. I only started loving that song after I watched En Concert a number of times. She does an amazing job with that one.

Ahhh...that's good to know he liked it:D

But yeah some of the slower songs took a couple viewings of them on En Concert for me to like them too...

wasabi622 10-21-2010 10:42 PM

Hey, depending on what type of music he likes, if he's not too into the mainstream pop-like music, maybe UEDS might be his thing. Try it out!