Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Which track of Alizée are you listening now ? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7164)

Aayush 08-15-2012 07:01 AM

Which track of Alizée are you listening now ?

I'm not twenty! :dance:

DannyMac524 08-15-2012 06:16 PM

I seem to always go back to the originals... Moi Lolita and Gourmandise are my favorites.

Merci Alizée 08-15-2012 07:15 PM

<iframe src='http://www.reverbnation.com/widget_code/html_widget/artist_1932081?widget_id=50&pwc[design]=default&pwc[background_color]=%23333333&pwc[included_songs]=0&pwc[song_ids]=10430403&pwc[photo]=1%2C0&pwc[size]=fit' width='100%' height='104' class='widget_iframe' frameborder='0' scrolling='no'></iframe>

Ray4AJ 08-15-2012 09:14 PM

Recently I've been listening to A Cause de l'Automne several times in a row on occasion, trying to get ready for the new album, and thinking about what might be on it. A few days ago I was looking through some old threads and one had some print interview translations from around the time UEDS came out. I just tried to locate the thread but I'm not sure which one it was. As I was reading the things Alizée was saying in the translations, I was thinking about how she has to get behind the songs she sings (post MF/LB) and that she believes in them and puts them out there for the world, hoping they are liked by the everyone out there. I feel that must be hard to do. Now, I like hearing her sing each and every song she does. The songs from the last two albums aren't really things I'd listen to normally but since she sings them I'm fine with them. It's what she wanted to sing and so as a spell-bound fan I want to see what they are about. I feel it's unfortunate that the last two albums weren't huge successes and I think she is going to try to compromise on the next album and put out songs she is behind but also maybe trying to please a wide audience. How is that done? I don't know but I hope she pulls it off.

TL;DR A Cause de l'Automne

Quote:

Merci Alizée wrote... Well, Whatever... Amelie m'a dit
Couldn't figure out why you posted a blank post, then adjusted NoScript. I love listening to that, among many others.

mzracing76 09-01-2012 10:27 AM

I always tend to listen to the song L'Alize several times every day cause of its feel good feeling. something about this song just acts as a pick-me-up that it is a such a relaxing song.

melovelily 09-01-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandita (Post 231406)
I listen to A Cause de l'Automne on repeat all the time too! :dance:

This

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzracing76 (Post 232053)
I always tend to listen to the song L'Alize several times every day cause of its feel good feeling. something about this song just acts as a pick-me-up that it is a such a relaxing song.

And This

And hey amigo sometimes

neo-m 09-01-2012 11:03 AM

i'm not twenty ...i love this song ..Especially when she say..Oh! Baby come to me...and ..I’m here, you see !....and this part

Oh! Baby baby mine
You’re always on my mind
Having fun is just fine
Your love, I shall deny

Falling for me, indeed
Is diving in someone’s need
Love is too strong !
I’ve fallen into me
And freedom’s ecstasy !
You can never go wrong !

....dammit ..it's like a drug ..

Edit:

Forgot this part..

Get up and start to smile, guy
Do it for me
Wake up, I’ll come around man
Let’s do “boogie-woogie”

..dammit The whole song ..just amazing:D

Aldighieri 09-01-2012 05:44 PM

Collinette...:D

Karin 09-01-2012 05:48 PM

Mon Maquiiiis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNIou2uTVzQ

Jake04 09-01-2012 11:44 PM

Three of my favorites right now. All covers by Alizee:

1. Il Jouait Du Piano Debout
2. Le Pouvoir Des Fleurs (with Claire Keim)
3. Rockollection

BTW, I'm driving from California to Oklahoma City in a couple of months so, I'm starting to prepare a collection of all my favorite Alizee songs. That'll be 3-4 straight days for me of listening to nothing but Alizee! :D

neo-m 09-02-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake04 (Post 232072)
Three of my favorites right now. All covers by Alizee:

1. Il Jouait Du Piano Debout
2. Le Pouvoir Des Fleurs (with Claire Keim)
3. Rockollection

BTW, I'm driving from California to Oklahoma City in a couple of months so, I'm starting to prepare a collection of all my favorite Alizee songs. That'll be 3-4 straight days for me of listening to nothing but Alizee! :D

Since I heard alizee for the first time ... i did not listen to any other singer (women):D

Tom 09-02-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo-m (Post 232078)
Since I heard alizee for the first time ... i did not listen to any other singer (women):D

Same here for over a year... :dance:

Un-rêve 09-02-2012 10:22 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UNOIo4rolC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vivealizee 09-17-2012 06:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5O-FQ69-cs

Don't forget about this great one, buddies.

Adarsh 09-19-2012 06:09 PM

I'm not twenty!!!! :)

Taxi Driver Aaron 09-26-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adarsh (Post 232784)
I'm not twenty!!!! :)

Me too!!!! I think I listen to this one about twice as much as all the other songs.. and I listen to them all regularly... but this one plays in between every song... lol...

Adarsh 03-13-2014 03:10 PM

Hey Amigo! All time favorite!

skungpoomery 03-13-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adarsh (Post 248501)
Hey Amigo! All time favorite!

Hey ! Amigo ! for me too, followed closely by L'e-mail a des ailes, then Youpidou, J.B.G. and Amélie m'a dit – nearly all from Mes Courants Électriques of course . . .

LXND3R 03-14-2014 12:31 AM

Currently listening to Eden Eden! I love her electro style album so much :D

Rev 03-14-2014 12:59 AM

Mes Fantômes :)

Je Veux Bien
Si tu es un homme
Dans Mon Sac

C-4 03-14-2014 08:12 AM

Due to my work schedule, I don't get to listen to anything as much as I want too. However, whenever I get the chance, I pick out an Alizée CD and let it play from end to end. :bow:

Jazzmin 04-19-2014 11:39 AM

A cause de l'automne :)

Jazzmin 06-10-2014 08:09 AM

Youpidou (EC)

Un-rêve 06-19-2014 12:05 AM

A Contre-Courant :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=158Amgo95VM

Jazzmin 08-11-2014 04:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t4ONm9M_04&hd=1

Un-rêve 09-14-2014 11:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VYxwFoK24

digitalworkshed 09-16-2014 01:13 PM

Mon planeur from the album Blonde! :dance: :dance:
Can't get enough of Alizée! :):)

george007 09-17-2014 12:42 AM

Welcome to the forum digitalworkshed. :)

qazws 11-15-2014 08:38 PM

Hey Amigo.

Jazzmin 04-02-2015 07:30 AM

Idéaliser :wub:

Djr654 04-03-2015 09:16 AM

Most of Gour/MCE for me at the moment.

Really got into Amelie m'a dit now; took a while to grow on me, but now it's such a beautiful song. Also Coeur deja pris and A quoi reve une jeune fille, which I heard for the first time this week.

Interesting observation: I prefer the French versions to the English equivalents for JEAM, JPVA, etc. Not quite sure why; maybe it's because I'm so used to hearing her sing in French that the English doesn't sound quite right. Not that I dislike them, but I'd rather listen to JPVA than I'm not Twenty, given the choice. Anyone else feel like this, or is it just me? :confused:

*Slight off-topic* I had my first Alizée-related dream two nights ago. Nothing particularly exciting; I was in a shop, and I'm Fed Up started playing on the radio. Why my subconscious chose this over JEAM when I prefer the latter, I'm not sure... *End off-topic*

Antares 04-03-2015 08:08 PM

I think most people probably prefer the French versions. The lyrics are also different between the two so that they'd rhyming pattern and metre. I've actually hardly listened to the English versions myself, maybe I'm Fed Up a few times and I don't think I've even heard the others.

I once had Moi Lolita play in a dream. It was spot on perfect, I guess my brain has remembered it pretty well by now. ;)

Jazzmin 04-09-2015 03:06 PM

L'Alizé ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Djr654 (Post 253368)
Interesting observation: I prefer the French versions to the English equivalents for JEAM, JPVA, etc. Not quite sure why; maybe it's because I'm so used to hearing her sing in French that the English doesn't sound quite right. Not that I dislike them, but I'd rather listen to JPVA than I'm not Twenty, given the choice. Anyone else feel like this, or is it just me?

I too prefer the French ones but I am sure why and I do dislike her singing those songs in English :P . Not because of the language itself but because a. the lyrics are poorly written and b. the timber of her voice seems less interesting, more "flat" (I hope you get what I mean, I suck at describing my opinions about sounds :< ). The latter is kinda suprising for me, given that I entirely loooove the way she sings "La isla bonita". Thus, I suppose that it has more to do with editing rather than actual sound of Lilly's English :) .

And I don't think your preference is anything strange. All the people that I know in person (though they are rather few, I gotta admit) and who listened to at least a couple of her songs prefer her singing in French, and it's all about the sound as none of them knows a word in the language. So I guess that for you it's a more relevant and interesting piece of information than my personal revelations.

Ray4AJ 04-14-2015 08:53 PM

Whichever song randomly comes up next...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djr654 (Post 253368)
Interesting observation: I prefer the French versions to the English equivalents for JEAM, JPVA, etc. Not quite sure why; maybe it's because I'm so used to hearing her sing in French that the English doesn't sound quite right. Not that I dislike them, but I'd rather listen to JPVA than I'm not Twenty, given the choice. Anyone else feel like this, or is it just me? :confused:

I prefer to listen to the French versions as well. I do listen though to the English versions when they come along in the rotation. I think the reason I prefer the French versions is because the lyrics don't seem to be well-written. Some lines I can't even understand the words. But I do like hearing Alizée sing in English, and I imagine how she would sound if she gave an interview in English someday. :wait:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzmin (Post 253408)
The latter is kinda suprising for me, given that I entirely loooove the way she sings "La isla bonita". Thus, I suppose that it has more to do with editing rather than actual sound of Lilly's English :) .

Which version? From the Psychedelices CD or the TV appearance?

I've often thought over the years that when she covers another artist's song that she does a great job. LIB, Ella, Elle la, La vie par procuration as some examples.