Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Support (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why does this website ask me to log in every time I visit it? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8784)

eru777 11-30-2021 02:56 PM

Why does this website ask me to log in every time I visit it?

Other sites honor the 'remember me' box.
If an hour passes after I visit, it asks me my credentials again. I wonder why.

Scruffydog777 11-30-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eru777 (Post 275438)

I'll pass that problem up the chain.

AlizéeSuperFanFIN 11-30-2021 09:59 PM

When I press "Remember me?" when i log in, at least i stay logged in all the time.:o:)

So basically really all the time, which I'm positively surprised ;):)(: [well, of course I go here all the time, that's also the reason]...;):D:)

What is the session timeout in the forum ...? Admittedly, that’s exactly the Remember Me button that should override it. Unless there is a more common error on that button...

I also have the same on all devices, but I also always have the same browser and basic settings: Chrome

Could there be a problem with your browser, such as its cookies, settings, etc.? :13: [a single bug in the remember me button is probably unlikely]

CleverCowboy 12-01-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eru777 (Post 275438)

Are you browsing in Privacy mode? Using a VPN? Using a browser that has built-in anonymity, such as Brave?

In any event, your browser is forgetting you have been to AAm probably the moment you navigate away or close your browser. You might want to check settings to see if the cache is being cleared when you exit the browser.

eru777 12-01-2021 12:48 PM

It only happens with this forum, and I have a hint on why. I use chrome, and this website doesn't have a secure URL so maybe it auto-logs me out for security reasons.
Google is very particular when it comes to these things.

CleverCowboy 12-01-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eru777 (Post 275448)
It only happens with this forum, and I have a hint on why. I use chrome, and this website doesn't have a secure URL so maybe it auto-logs me out for security reasons.
Google is very particular when it comes to these things.

You might be onto something. Do me a favor and try another browser to see if you have the same issue. The results might be beneficial to know if this ever gets brought up again. :)

eru777 12-02-2021 03:10 AM

Yes it was chrome. I guess it flags this website as possibly malicious so that's why it logs me out quickly.
Firefox is fine, keeps me logged in as it should :)

joebanana 12-02-2021 08:08 AM

My experience.
I use Google Chrome and I don't have any problems on my PC or Android phone, I always stay logged in except from time to time when I delete cookies I have to log in again with a password.