Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Members: Introduce yourself (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707)

brad 11-11-2006 04:55 PM

New Members: Introduce yourself

I've had a couple of people request an "introduce yourself" thread for new members. We should have made this a while back, but better late than never.

I made this website to increase Alizée's exposure in North America, and create a place where new fans can easily find and watch some decent quality videos with English translations. I want to welcome everyone to the website, even if you aren't from North America feel free to say hello :)

New fans should also checkout these other websites:

Alizée in Wikipedia
(an overview of Alizée and her career)

Alizée Fanpage (official news, fanclub, lyrics, etc)

Alizée Forum (very popular international forum)

jaco 11-11-2006 06:00 PM

Well, I'm not exactly new, but since I was one of the people who asked Brad to start this thread I thought I'd kick this off :)

So, I'm Jacoplane and I'm an administrator on Wikipedia. I am one of the main authors of the Alizée article on Wikipedia. I currently live in Amsterdam, although I lived lived most of my life in Genève, Switzerland. If you notice me online at strange hours that is most likely due to the fact that I work nights as a hotel desk clerk to pay for my law degree so my biological clock is usually totally messed up. In case you're wondering, I'm specializing in information law, so once the RIAA copyright nazis decide to descend on this site, you might want to ask me for advice :) Of course, I'm convinced that although this site has some copyrighted content, in the end it adds greatly to the promotion of Alizée in markets she's not so established (USA) and so increases revenue for the RIAA musicbusiness middlemen dickheads in the end, so if ever they dare serve us with a DMCA notice I'm convinced we could take this to court and kick their asses :)

HibyPrime 11-11-2006 06:02 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Hiby and I'm in A.A.

(10 people speaking) Hi Hiby

Like that genious A.A. eh?

a.

Cooney 11-11-2006 06:27 PM

Hmm, I've only been here like three weeks, and feels like a lifetime of loving Alizée!

I'm an actor from Washington state, in the USA. Because one can't make a living as an actor around here, I work for the federal government at Sea-Tac airport. I also work graveyard shift, and have some very strange hours as a result.

Hmm, other things about me...
-I'm a big computer nerd.
-I speak some French, enough to say simple stuff, but I'm far from fluent.
-I discovered Alizée on the net, on a video site.

-Oooh, and I just figured out how to write little musical notes! ♪♪♪♪

HibyPrime 11-11-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooney (Post 16151)
-Oooh, and I just figured out how to write little musical notes! ????

€£¢?§¶•ªº––?œå??ç?´®†??©?ˆ¬¬?ˆ¨?®†®ˆø?¬¬?µ˜*

All I have to do is hold down alt and press all the letters on my keyboard. No alt-codes on a mac :mad:

‘æ“…÷??µ?ˆº–ª–???߃ßø宧¢??®ß?•ª?ªøˆ™?£…?˜?

I made it do an apple logo once, but I forgot which key it was

 found it! In the french keyboard layout it is alt+1 (not the number pad). Does it show up on windows machines?



Ange 11-11-2006 07:44 PM

Bonjour everybody. I am Ange and I have been a fan of Alizee ever since she released her second album. That was so long ago and like many of you I am waiting for a new album to be released.

Luc 11-12-2006 08:21 AM

Hello everybody,
I'm not really new but since this thread has been opened I'll introduce myself briefly. So I'm Luc and I live in The Netherlands. I work as a process engineer.
I have been fan of Alizée since her debut single Moi Lolita, which is still my favorite song. I like everything about Alizée, her music, voice, personality and her looks of course :)
Only just this year I registered at the forums, don't now why it took me so long :confused: You won't read that many posts by me because I'm more of a lurker than a poster. But anyway, at this forum I have already posted more than at the other forums I'm member of :)
So my compliments to Brad, keep the good work going !

Azereus 11-12-2006 04:24 PM

I've been here for a pretty short period of time (not sure the exact amount of days). I learned of Alizee's existance in late september throught one of my friends, so then decided to see who she was and came upon this site.

Geech 11-12-2006 08:11 PM

Hi Everyone, My name is Geech. I been here for about a month or so but just decided to register. It's not often when you can find someone that is both cute and hot at the same time and pull it off the way Alizee does. Looking at pictures of her just lets me know that god has created a masterpiece for all of mankind to look at.

brad 11-12-2006 08:14 PM

welcome to the website Geech, glad you decided to register