Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A little help please (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6327)

MYGOGT 03-31-2011 12:49 AM

A little help please

As far as I understand Parler tou bas is about transition from girlhood to woman hood, in a simple kind of explanation. I would like to do this song for my Father-Daughter dance at my daughter's wedding this year. Yes or no.

user472884 03-31-2011 01:43 AM

I wouldn't think so.

It's a thoughtful idea, but I would choose something that the majority of the attendance can understand and readily identify as a girl-->woman song without being prompted by you.

Karlalizee 03-31-2011 09:29 AM

it is your time so it is your choice. as long as your daughter understands why you chose this song then the hell with the rest of them. i think it is a great song and would be proud to dance with my father of this is what he chose.:wub:

Jake04 03-31-2011 11:28 AM

Great idea, Mygogt! I've never thought about that. I think a quick speech explaining to the audience why you chose this special song would be nice.
My own daughter is about to turn 18. This is something I may have to do in the near future myself. Thanks for giving me an idea and congratulations to your daughter's wedding!

Karlalizee 04-01-2011 12:47 AM

the thread about the blue and white dress got 156 posts while this one gets 5. how sad.:(

Azhiri 04-01-2011 12:53 AM

Oh, that sounds wonderful. I'd definitely use it. :D

Fèvier 04-01-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlalizee (Post 201917)
it is your time so it is your choice. as long as your daughter understands why you chose this song then the hell with the rest of them. i think it is a great song and would be proud to dance with my father of this is what he chose.:wub:

+1! I would hesitate as well because almost no one will know the song, but who are they to tell you what a good song to dance with is. ^_^

Karlalizee 04-01-2011 09:12 AM

we should just start a thread called 'Ask Azhiri and Karla'.:cool:

FanDeAliFee 04-01-2011 07:24 PM

Consider many other choices first

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYGOGT (Post 201914)
As far as I understand Parler tou bas is about transition from girlhood to woman hood, in a simple kind of explanation. I would like to do this song for my Father-Daughter dance at my daughter's wedding this year. Yes or no.

Maybe?

The song is really about the dawn of adolescence (or maybe the very late morning - the singer refers to being 16 years old), and certainly NOT the very advanced age (25+) at which people typically marry for the first time in America these days.

I really have no opinion about what song to use for a father-daughter dance at a wedding.

But late last year I learned about a song I think would work well at a wedding: the first four stanzas (ONLY!) of Wanderlove.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlalizee (Post 201975)
the thread about the blue and white dress got 156 posts while this one gets 5. how sad.:(

Actually, one of my posts there linked to Parler tout bas. So there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlalizee (Post 201988)

That would rule!

lefty12357 04-01-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlalizee (Post 201917)
it is your time so it is your choice. as long as your daughter understands why you chose this song then the hell with the rest of them.

I couldn't agree more. But I must admit that my opinion may be biased because I personally love the song. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlalizee (Post 201988)

Great idea!