Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Alizee's divorce (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7295)

NYMedStudent 01-12-2013 09:28 PM

Alizee's divorce

So, I'm back... reading through the forum...

I was shocked to read that apparently Alizee has not been with Jeremy since January 2012.

My heart goes out to her... and maybe to Jeremy, as a fellow guy... and also to the child. I know just how hard this is, as I've gone through the child and break up thing too over the past year. There is an ache that is inescapable. I saw it in Alizee's smile a couple of years ago. It is so sad to me. I hope and pray that she will get that smile back-- to feel joy once again. To not be afraid or in pain.

Alizee, I am praying for you to find peace and happiness. For you to enjoy your daughter and to have the romance that will inspire you again to sing.

Sorry I've been away, looking forward to the next next album (hopefully less electronic please).

Rev 01-13-2013 02:57 AM

Hi NY Med. It has been a long time. Hope you are well. :)

I think the break-up (the damaging part) occured 2-4 years ago. However, it was not until this past January that we really heard (although there had been signs for a long time). I perceive this past January as when she started to re-emerge after a couple of years of pain, adjustment, and acceptance of reality.

Melle Katherine 01-13-2013 05:25 AM

I'm very sorry about that. I loved them together.
I think her new single "A cause de l'automne" is about their relationship and the breakup.

melovelily 01-13-2013 06:47 AM

She seemed happy in last years LE
Maybe they separated on good terms :confused:

Melle Katherine 01-13-2013 07:55 AM

Somewhere I read that in the beginnings Jérémy adored, loved Alizée, then Jérémy started staring at other women... I don't know is it true or false...

melovelily 01-13-2013 08:42 AM

^
http://t.qkme.me/3ooxgn.jpg

lalorocks 01-13-2013 12:39 PM

Alizée in an interview mentioned that They need to travel to USA to get the divorce, now they are only separated, I suppose.

Melle Katherine 01-13-2013 02:31 PM

But they married in Las Vegas... As far as I know if they got marriedthere it wasn't a real marriage because marriages which are happened there aren't valid in France. So they had to validate it in France after this, and if they want to divorce, they don't need to go back to the USA.. Maybe I'm wrong but that's all I know.

Jenny_HRO87 01-13-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalorocks (Post 235620)
Alizée in an interview mentioned that They need to travel to USA to get the divorce, now they are only separated, I suppose.

in what interview? I don't remember an interview where she talked about this.

And Katherine is right. She might be married in the US but according to French law she isn't married because they never made it legal in France.

Azhiri 01-13-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melle Katherine (Post 235614)
Somewhere I read that in the beginnings Jérémy adored, loved Alizée, then Jérémy started staring at other women... I don't know is it true or false...

I haven't heard that one. We don't know anything for certain but if I remember correctly a friend of an inside source told us that Alizee and Jeremy's relationship was never that good to begin with, especially not from Psyche onward. They had differences over their personal visions for Alizee's career and they disagreed over how to manage their money.

If you think about it, they really got married in a hurry, and at a very young age. Relationships like that are usually doomed to fail, unfortunately. :(

lapinschous 01-14-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhiri (Post 235627)
they disagreed over how to manage their money

Well that's interesting, do you have more on the topic? :13: We don't usually talk about money in this forum , and Alizée never mentions it in any interviews either... Does anyone have intel over the couple's "fortune" and what they do with it?

Davedel 01-14-2013 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melle Katherine (Post 235622)
But they married in Las Vegas... As far as I know if they got marriedthere it wasn't a real marriage because marriages which are happened there aren't valid in France. So they had to validate it in France after this, and if they want to divorce, they don't need to go back to the USA.. Maybe I'm wrong but that's all I know.

Of course they are married.. did you ever hear of International Law? Why she would have to come back to the US.. who knows. Maybe for a quicky no-hassle divorce. France may put you through a loop or require a certain number of years to pass before granting a divorce, but that, I don't know. Why Jeremy fucked up I don't know either. I only know by letting Alizee go he is, no doubt, the biggest fool on the planet.

Karin 01-14-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davedel (Post 235642)
Of course they are married.. did you ever hear of International Law? Why she would have to come back to the US.. who knows. Maybe for a quicky no-hassle divorce. France may put you through a loop or require a certain number of years to pass before granting a divorce, but that, I don't know. Why Jeremy fucked up I don't know either. I only know by letting Alizee go he is, no doubt, the biggest fool on the planet.

you can put international law in your ass... cause she is right... dont know like in other countries, but here you must go to get it confirmed in country where you live...

Melle Katherine 01-14-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin (Post 235643)
you can put international law in your ass... cause she is right... dont know like in other countries, but here you must go to get it confirmed in country where you live...

LOL! :D
thank you :3

ALS 01-14-2013 03:24 PM

The number one reason for divorce is disagreements over money.

No wait that is number two, Marriage is the number one reason for divorce. :D

If you think marriage is expensive, you should see what a divorce is going to cost you. ;)

Davedel 01-14-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin (Post 235643)

Oh my mistake.. I guess it's like murder. If you're French, visiting the United States, and you commit a murder in the US, it's not really murder because you didn't commit it in France. Yes.. I see now.

If the marriage wasn't legal in France (an unconfirmed marriage) then why would anyone from France ever get married here in the US.. if they had to go back to France and make it legal (having to have it re-legalized in France). So, I guess if that is true then all of the many people who go to France to get romantically married aren't really married at all. Or.. France's marriage laws are really fucked up. Hell.. just send Alizee, Jenifer, and Lorie over here and then bomb the place.. or hand it back to the Germans, English, or Romans.

Karin 01-14-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davedel (Post 235654)
Oh my mistake.. I guess it's like murder. If you're French, visiting the United States, and you commit a murder in the US, it's not really murder because you didn't commit it in France. Yes.. I see now.

If the marriage wasn't legal in France (an unconfirmed marriage) then why would anyone from France ever get married here in the US.. if they had to go back to France and make it legal (having to have it re-legalized in France). So, I guess if that is true then all of the many people who go to France to get romantically married aren't really married at all. Or.. France's marriage laws are really fucked up. Hell.. just send Alizee, Jenifer, and Lorie over here and then bomb the place.. or hand it back to the Germans, English, or Romans.

show me international law, where is written marriage from every country is acceptable in every country... every country has their own rules... however most marriages are accepted, still there is something what must people do before it is accepted, sometime less sometime more. But marriage in Las Vegas is extra problem of marriages... just to think about it, many people think that could make just young and drunk people. So thats why many countries have problem with it.

lefty12357 01-14-2013 04:21 PM

Yeah, the way I understand it is that Alizée and Jérémy never filed the paperwork in France in order to certify the marriage there. I believe it is necessary in order for the marriage to "be on the books", so to speak. As far as I know, they are still legally married in the USA.

The only reason I can think of that they might want to get officially divorced in the USA would be for business or money-related purposes. And also, if either one of them were to get remarried in France and come to the US for any length of time, their legal status as a couple might be rather messed up.

mal 01-15-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davedel (Post 235654)

Not to be rude but your sarcasm is actually correct.

Murder your wife for infidelity, travel to some Middle Eastern countries and there is no penalty.

Travel to some other countries and the sentence is death.

Travel to yet another country and you might only do a year or so.

Same goes for marriage. Actually, marriage is probably the most varied law in the world.

I dont know the law in France on this matter.

But I do know this....

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! SHES SINGLE!!!

:)):)):)):)):)):))

Male semi known singer meets cute super star. Hides her away and makes babies. Becomes demystified by her (b/c he conquered her) and things go south.

Davedel 01-15-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin (Post 235656)
show me international law, where is written marriage from every country is acceptable in every country... every country has their own rules... however most marriages are accepted, still there is something what must people do before it is accepted, sometime less sometime more. But marriage in Las Vegas is extra problem of marriages... just to think about it, many people think that could make just young and drunk people. So thats why many countries have problem with it.

We're not talking about some small hole-in-the-wall country, we're talking about France, one of the major powers on Earth. Of course, the marriage is legal if Alizee gets married in the US. It's probably just that she has register it in France so that the French government knows she got married. If some American get married in another country then they also have to register (legally notify and prove) that they got married in that other country.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mal (Post 235663)
WOOOOHOOOO!!!! SHES SINGLE!!!

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! THERE'S HOPE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!:aha:

Rev 01-15-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davedel (Post 235665)
We're not talking about some small hole-in-the-wall country, we're talking about France, one of the major powers on Earth. Of course, the marriage is legal if Alizee gets married in the US. It's probably just that she has register it in France so that the French government knows she got married. If some American get married in another country then they also have to register (legally notify and prove) that they got married in that other country.

Dave.

You are not listening.

An American marriage is NOT accepted in France.

Look at their history to understand why.

It is a historically Catholic country. Also, it is Europe.

In order to get married in France (if I remember correctly) you have to file paperwork indicating you intend to marry with some local official (I forget who). This has to be on the books (and, I believe, pubicly posted) for 30 days PRIOR to the marriage, so anyone who has an issue can protest.

As was said above, they did not bother to do this so they are NOT legally married according to French law.

The legality of marriage is more complicated than just "getting married." In most countries, official marriage brings with it certain burdens and certian legal benefits. The laws on marriage vary from country to country precisely becaus the laws in general vary from country to country.

So, appologize to those above to whom you were so quick to insult and move on to another topic.

Rev

PS - Welcome to the forum (I do mean this). :)

lefty12357 01-15-2013 04:32 PM

I think we have strayed off-topic, and in a bad way. Anybody from any country is welcome here, so let's try to show some respect for each other.

I believe the subject was Alizée and divorce...

BrianO1 01-15-2013 05:04 PM

No political discussion.

Topic is the seemingly true divorce of Alizée. Stay to that topic.

Thank you.

Karin 01-15-2013 05:06 PM

it was no political discussion, just showing what works in america doesnt work in rest world :p

Future Raptor Ace 01-15-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin (Post 235717)
it was no political discussion, just showing what works in america doesnt work in rest world :p

Easy Karin!
Marriage is complicated due to all the finances and benefits that have to be shared between the two parties hence why lawyers are usually involved. In different countries marriage represents a different legal contract between the two parties. This is why it can be complicated for the marriage to be upheld and ratified in a different country.

lalorocks 01-15-2013 09:06 PM

It doesn't matter in this moment if they are completely separated, the problem will be when Alizée and Jeremy try to share their lives with another person, as dating or married couple.
I don´t know about Jeremy, but Alizée is open minded, and in my personal opinion, it is not correct to be dating with a guy if you are married with another person in France, in USA or somewhere in the world, this is not a healthy life.

Rev 01-15-2013 11:51 PM

Do we know for a fact that she never filed for divorce in this country? :)

Future Raptor Ace 01-16-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 235733)
Do we know for a fact that she never filed for divorce in this country? :)

Exactly!
We really don't know anything and that is the way she seems to like it.

Melle Katherine 01-16-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianO1 (Post 235716)
No political discussion.

Topic is the seemingly true divorce of Alizée. Stay to that topic.

Thank you.

You're right!

Btw I'm very curious, and I would like to know the reasons why they divorced. But I know it's about them, their private life. I think they'll never tell us the real reasons. But I think that the main reason could be that they "stopped loving" each other. (Maybe this sentence isn't right, but I hope you'll get it) So Lili's new song, ACDLA can be about this. Because she sings: "A cause de l'automne je te quitte" = "Because of the autumn I leave you"
It's sad for me. I loved them together.

Euphoria 01-16-2013 08:50 PM

You have to get a divorce in the state you were married. Nevada public records shows a marriage certificate, but no divorce.

User22 01-17-2013 01:28 AM

Haven't heard of that interview either....prove its existence, please!

ALS 01-17-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Divorce, When filing for a Divorce, filing fee in Clark County is $289.00
And Alizée does have the do it yourself option Divorce/self_help

ALS 01-18-2013 12:34 PM

Since we are talking about Divorce did you guys see that Tiger Woods offered the Ex Two Hundred Million to come back and remarry him. :omg:

Both sexes in many cases never realize just how good they had it with their significant other until they are divorced and apart for a period of time.

Un-rêve 01-19-2013 11:08 PM

deleted post

BrianO1 01-20-2013 01:50 AM

Un-reve, I'm sorry if you feel the thread is in bad taste, but your comment was too sexual/vulgar in nature.

Please do not repost something that has been deleted.

Un-rêve 01-20-2013 02:11 AM

deleted post

Azhiri 01-20-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 235747)
Haven't heard of that interview either....prove its existence, please!

Well like I said it was never stated by Alizee herself, it was basically hearsay from that old Matt Pokora rumor thread. I decided to bring it up for what it's worth, I didn't mean to make it seem as if this was official Alizee-approved info.

Again, we don't know anything about the situation for 100% certain other than the fact that they are no longer together. Given what we know of Alizee's personality and the context of Alizee and Jeremy getting married, I would bet money that their splitting up had something to do with her stubborn nature, the fact that they married so quickly so young, just plain incompatibility, or all three.

Again, this is all my personal speculation. I think more often than not people just find that they are not a good fit for each other and split up, there doesn't have to be any scandal or drama behind it.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 235775)
Since we are talking about Divorce did you guys see that Tiger Woods offered the Ex Two Hundred Million to come back and remarry him. :omg:

Both sexes in many cases never realize just how good they had it with their significant other until they are divorced and apart for a period of time.

She was such a beautiful woman, too. I bet she feels pretty good now that he's essentially begging her to come back to him like a desperate loser. :p

lapinschous 01-20-2013 03:51 PM

Even though Alizée may have left Jérémy on his own since psychédélices's flop in sales, i don't think they ever considered divorce . And I don't believe that the "Matt Pokora affair" really was one, more like a marketing coup . Alizée has always been the reserved type and it doesnt look like her to expose her true feelings. Moreover , she tattoed the name of Jérémy on her wrist , which probably means that she keeps some feelings for him.

On the other hand, the song A cause de l'automne may refer to the unavoidable break up between them... Well , that's bloody confusing http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticon...gif?1292862495

Alex Atlantis 01-31-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapinschous (Post 235887)
On the other hand, the song A cause de l'automne may refer to the unavoidable break up between them... Well , that's bloody confusing http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticon...gif?1292862495

even if she said, during the last July's chat interview, that the new songs not to have ant biographical reference...

I share your confusion

Melle Katherine 01-31-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapinschous (Post 235887)
Even though Alizée may have left Jérémy on his own since psychédélices's flop in sales, i don't think they ever considered divorce . And I don't believe that the "Matt Pokora affair" really was one, more like a marketing coup . Alizée has always been the reserved type and it doesnt look like her to expose her true feelings.

Flop? It reached gold status! Only French people weren't curious about her....

Quote:

Moreover , she tattoed the name of Jérémy on her wrist , which probably means that she keeps some feelings for him.
Really? :omg: I didn't know this! Any picture of it? And when did she?

Quote:

I think it's about us, but I have already mentioned this earlier.