Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Support (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Alizée America Suggestion Box (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5996)

Merci Alizée 09-26-2010 03:29 PM

Alizée America Suggestion Box

I'm sure many members have lot of idea for the site. You want to see some changes. You want some addition or changes. This thread will be like a suggestion box for the forum. Sometimes people have ideas but they don't know whom to tell. Sometimes they tell Ben about those, but involvement of other members is limited in that case. I believe this will help us and Ben a lot.

You all are free to post your ideas here. It may include some changes to the forum like addition of new features and others.

There is just one request. Don't post about your problems related to the community or the views and posts of other members and try to keep the thread clean. Like I said earlier that this thread is for helping all of us.

We will read the ideas and try to implement whichever are good and possible.

Marquis<3Alizée 09-26-2010 03:32 PM

We should have a new layout. Something that's really good something that'll catch peoples eyes that are visiting the site. Like guest.

Merci Alizée 09-26-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée (Post 181640)
We should have a new layout. Something that's really good something that'll catch peoples eyes that are visiting the site. Like guest.

Isn't the current layout good and catchy?

User22 09-26-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 181642)
Isn't the current layout good and catchy?

...I like the layout but it would be nice if the UEDS picture of Alizee in the black hat and black striped shirt could change to a better new picture...

Marquis<3Alizée 09-26-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 181643)
...I like the layout but it would be nice if the UEDS picture of Alizee in the black hat and black striped shirt could change to a better new picture...

Exactly we should have a UEDS theme.

Tchaikovsky 09-26-2010 09:41 PM

A little less conversation, a little more action please.

AlizéeInspired 09-26-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky (Post 181679)
A little less conversation, a little more action please.

Elvis :cool:

User22 09-26-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée (Post 181645)
Exactly we should have a UEDS theme.

Well, it is a UEDS picture, it's just we need a newer UEDS picture. Not one from the photoshoot.

Paulina 09-26-2010 09:48 PM

I would really, really, really love to see more videos up. With or without translations.

AlizéeInspired 09-26-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulina (Post 181683)
I would really, really, really love to see more videos up. With or without translations.

I remember them discussing possibly getting rid of the video section a while back and moving the vids somewhere else (possibly a YouTube channel. not completely sure though).

But yeah, I really do enjoy the videos with the translations. The only problem is finding people who can translate the videos for us and are willing to do all the hard work to translate them.

User22 09-26-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired (Post 181686)
I remember them discussing possibly getting rid of the video section a while back and moving the vids somewhere else (possibly a YouTube channel. not completely sure though).

But yeah, I really do enjoy the videos with the translations. The only problem is finding people who can translate the videos for us and are willing to do all the hard work to translate them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos

...Yah...be amazed...and thanks Ben, MerciAlizee, and others for being awesome:D

Yah don't know what will happen with the video section, but all I know is that they are putting almost every Alizee video known to man on the http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos Channel....

Merci Alizée 09-26-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 181690)
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos

...Yah...be amazed...and thanks Ben, MerciAlizee, and others for being awesome:D

Yah don't know what will happen with the video section, but all I know is that they are putting almost every Alizee video known to man on the http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos Channel....

Correction : Ben and Tomtentp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulina (Post 181683)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired (Post 181686)

You can check video section discussion thread for all the details about the youtube channel and the changes.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5902

Yeah, new videos haven't been added. Hopefully we will see new videos with translations in the channel.

User22 09-26-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 181691)
Correction : Ben and Tomtentp

Yeah, new videos haven't been added. Hopefully we will see new videos with translations in the channel.

K thanks. And I think what they are shooting for is uploading all Alizee videos in chronological order. Cause there are about 10 videos on the channel and all are VERY EARLY Gourmandises era...

But anyway sorry for the off-topicness...

Jake04 09-27-2010 01:34 AM

Thanks for bringing this up, MA. I've been actually thinking about making this suggestion to the mods for some time now. How about make this site a one-stop site for music? I mean, not just Alizee. You know, you'll always have news about the top artists like Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, etc. So, why not create a link for them here? I don't think there is a legal issue here as most sites actually encourage others to share or embed their articles as this help bring more traffic to their own sites. One site who does this is Fark.com.
http://www.fark.com/

This will introduce Alizee to other music fans who otherwise would not have heard of her.

Below is an example of what I think might work for this site. Although the site is dedicated and named after the boxer, Manny Pacquiao, it has links to other boxing news as well. Sometimes, even other sports or entertainment celebrities whom the admins think are popular to their members have links here. This site has been up since 2003 and it actually bring a lot of ad revenues to the site especially when there is a big fight coming.

http://www.mannypacquiao.ph/

user472884 09-27-2010 03:03 AM

a section for user-submitted flash games

Azhiri 09-27-2010 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée (Post 181640)

Actually I love this layout, it's beautiful. :)

My only suggestion would be to have translations for more videos, I understand if that's not realistic though. Translating stuff is a long and tedious process, plus I'm not sure how many people here actually speak fluent french.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 181707)

Yessssssss.

user472884 09-27-2010 03:13 AM

thank you for reminding me, mah lady

Can we change it so you can't see the entire forum if you're unregistered/not logged in?

Like disable the off-topic section, make it so guests are unable to view attached documents or IMG pictures, etc.

Azhiri 09-27-2010 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 181711)

Can we change it so you can't see the entire forum if you're unregistered/not logged in?

Like disable the off-topic section, make it so guests are unable to view attached documents or IMG pictures, etc.

Or maybe to where people can't see everything on your user profile if they're not registered. Actually that might already be a feature, unless I'm thinking of another forum.. idk, I never actually log out so I wouldn't know.

Merci Alizée 09-27-2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 181711)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhiri (Post 181712)
Or maybe to where people can't see everything on your user profile if they're not registered. Actually that might already be a feature, unless I'm thinking of another forum.. idk, I never actually log out so I wouldn't know.

What's the advantage of such change?

Azhiri 09-27-2010 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 181714)
What's the advantage of such change?

Just a privacy thing really.

user472884 09-27-2010 03:56 AM

And we'll get more people registered

(which I don't see the immediate benefit, but I'm sure there's something if one searches long enough)

Edit:

But I'm cool with keeping the videos and gallery (should it ever return) open to the public, it's what made me register here.

Zeerre 09-27-2010 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhiri (Post 181709)

I think the current layout it's great as well, and I like the picture that's on the homepage mainly because it's one of few UEdS pictures that show her forehead.:p

Människöpesten 09-27-2010 08:08 AM

i want a new logo! :D

User22 09-27-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhiri (Post 181715)

Your worried about privacy when posting a picture of yourself on the internet? Come on, anyone can figure out anyone's phone number online if they know where to find it based on information people have posted. It's easy...going on the internet is called giving away your privacy...it's a dog-eat-dog world out here:D

Människöpesten 09-27-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

don't worry. i'm an internet bully/bouncer. i got your back.

User22 09-27-2010 10:12 PM

So, MerciAlizee and Ben, will we get updates on what you guys are taking in to account and considering doing?

Människöpesten 09-28-2010 12:08 AM

Ma does what he wants.

sumi1 09-28-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 181763)
Your worried about privacy when posting a picture of yourself on the internet? Come on, anyone can figure out anyone's phone number online if they know where to find it based on information people have posted. It's easy...going on the internet is called giving away your privacy...it's a dog-eat-dog world out here:D

Searches you make on Google can be used to identify you.

MarkL 09-28-2010 12:20 AM

A Built in Music Player that can run at the top or bottom of Every page would be nice, Ive seen it done in several forums that way people can listen to Alizee songs. Kind of entice them more if they just heard about her and want to learn more.

Also give it the option to pop out of the window too so people can surf the forums without the music player reloading.

HelixSix 09-28-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkL (Post 181816)
A Built in Music Player that can run at the top or bottom of Every page would be nice, Ive seen it done in several forums that way people can listen to Alizee songs. Kind of entice them more if they just heard about her and want to learn more.

Also give it the option to pop out of the window too so people can surf the forums without the music player reloading.

Here is a site that is exactly what you are talking about. http://www.ferrycorsten.com/ He is my favorite artist after Alizée.

Unfortunately a site like that requires a boatload of work and knowledge. People usually charge a ton for something along those lines. The only person on here I know of that could pull off something similar to that is Uméesha. Plus he makes sites about Alizée in his spare time.

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES 09-28-2010 03:55 AM

Bring back "The Alizée bar and grill" PLEASE!! :D or perhaps something similar like the Alizée America tiny chat That Jalen created. But for this website. M.A does Ben approve of the idea of having a suggestion box? or did you just post up this thread without consulting Ben, in hopes that he might take a look at other peoples suggestions? just wondering :)

Merci Alizée 09-28-2010 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES (Post 181828)
Bring back "The Alizée bar and grill" PLEASE!! :D or perhaps something similar like the Alizée America tiny chat That Jalen created. But for this website. M.A does Ben approve of the idea of having a suggestion box? or did you just post up this thread without consulting Ben, in hopes that he might take a look at other peoples suggestions? just wondering :)

When I mentioned that we are free to post ideas here, then it means that we can suggest without getting into much trouble of thinking the possibility of the idea proposed. I see nothing wrong with this.Any good idea which is practically not feasible (given the software, management and other constraints) can't be implemented anyway. But there is nothing wrong in getting good, feasible ideas getting implemented.

We were free to make the suggestions earlier also. We used to do this through PMs and VMs to Ben and others. Like I said in my first post that idea of this thread is to bring all those suggestions to one place. This will help us to organize the ideas and we can others opinions can be involved into the discussion to have a better idea of what should be done. This will help everyone.

As far as the Alizée Bar and Grill" is concerned, we will have to carry on with the chatbox only. Chatbox is better integration to the forum and easier to maintain than the flashchat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 181707)

It would be better if we start with a thread for flash-games. Important thing is that how many people would be interested in submitting the games.

Quote:

Well, the forum gives you enough options for the maintaining the privacy. About the guest userss, they can register and still see the details what you have put up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 181716)

But I'm cool with keeping the videos and gallery (should it ever return) open to the public, it's what made me register here.

Gallery will return, although I can't tell you exactly when.

Zeerre 09-28-2010 06:37 AM

A news section on the homepage.

Människöpesten 09-28-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelixSix (Post 181827)
Here is a site that is exactly what you are talking about. http://www.ferrycorsten.com/ He is my favorite artist after Alizée.

Unfortunately a site like that requires a boatload of work and knowledge. People usually charge a ton for something along those lines. The only person on here I know of that could pull off something similar to that is Uméesha. Plus he makes sites about Alizée in his spare time.

yeah what's up, names umeesha. i'm awesome. i make websites in my spare time. that would like...blow my mind if i heard that in person.

User22 09-28-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Människöpesten (Post 181840)
yeah what's up, names umeesha. i'm awesome. i make websites in my spare time. that would like...blow my mind if i heard that in person.

Umeesha is definitely talented in the area of making websites and doing code....whatta beast:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 181829)
Gallery will return, although I can't tell you exactly when.

Can't wait for it to return!!!

Rev 09-28-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhiri (Post 181709)

My only suggestion would be to have translations for more videos, I understand if that's not realistic though. Translating stuff is a long and tedious process, plus I'm not sure how many people here actually speak fluent french.

The site is clean and elegant as it is. I've been to too many sites the are stuffed with distractions. This site is awesome! :)

User22 09-28-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 181917)
The site is clean and elegant as it is. I've been to too many sites the are stuffed with distractions. This site is awesome! :)

Yes! It is very well kept and I am glad there are no ads here:) Let's keep it that way please:)

wasabi622 09-28-2010 11:06 PM

I've got nothing. This is the only forum I'm active on, so I have nothing to compare it to. It's perfect the way it is now to me! :D

Tom 09-29-2010 08:43 PM

The "HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ALL OF US AT ALIZEE AMERICA! :)" message should be in different colors.

Tchaikovsky 09-29-2010 08:52 PM

Let us use bigger avatars.