Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Support (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   vBulletin Upgraded (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5298)

Ben 12-31-2009 01:27 PM

vBulletin Upgraded

Sorry for the downtime last night. I cleaned some databases and updated our version of vBulletin. Please let me know if you see anything broken!

Edit:

A few changes with the update:
1. Replaced flashchat with chatbox (much better forum integration). Twitter link moved to top of page.
2. There's a problem with the social groups. I could try to fix it, but did anyone really use them?

Rev 12-31-2009 07:25 PM

Thanks Ben. I'm glad the down time was due to your action and not due to a problem you needed to fix. :)

Ben 12-31-2009 07:33 PM

Ah actually a small bug did start it. Figured I'd do some additional maintenance while things were down. Would have given advance notice otherwise. ;)

Rev 12-31-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 147855)
Ah actually a small bug did start it. Figured I'd do some additional maintenance while things were down. Would have given advance notice otherwise. ;)

Makes sense. Thanks again.

One change I've noticed today is, when I go to the first unread, sometimes a few images of intermediate points on the page will flash quickly on the screen. This is cool because in actuality the first unread is displaying faster than before. :)

(Note: This may or may not actually be a change. Thinking back, the display of intermediate points may have happened before, just not nearly as quickly.)

RadioactiveMan 12-31-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 147829)
1. Replaced flashchat with chatbox (much better forum integration).

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :mad:

edgar93 01-01-2010 04:00 AM

well I'm certainly going to miss the flashchat. The fact that you had to "loggin" in order to see it made it more private. Now anyone can see what's going on in the chatbox even if they are not chatting.

Despite that, the chatbox seems cool, thanks Ben!

Btw I can't use the chatbox when I'm on my iTouch :( Is there any way you can add a "send message" button to the chatbox?

HelixSix 01-01-2010 04:06 AM

I like the chatbox, just popped in there for a minute tonight.

jung_adore_ALIZEE 01-01-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgar93 (Post 147879)
Now anyone can see what's going on in the chatbox even if they are not chatting.

Now how am I gonna talk about Edgar behind his back jeez :rolleyes:.

Fish 01-01-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_alizee (Post 147883)
now how am i gonna talk about edgar behind his back jeez :rolleyes:.

i know rite

wasabi622 01-01-2010 11:36 PM

Hey, so I've been gone for a bit.. what's up with the new chatting thing kind of smack dab in the middle of things?

What happened to the other one, the Bar and Grill?