Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mapping Alizée's IG post of the stream (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8244)

kulli 08-09-2017 11:06 AM

Mapping Alizée's IG post of the stream

This thread is about locating this Instagram post from Alizée

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXkt-vphIm8
Quote:

Originally Posted by alizeeofficiel
Paradise ��#home #family #love #holidays
https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...05&oe=59EBD64C

Ray4AJ 08-09-2017 07:18 PM

Has anyone made any progress locating the pool yet?

kulli 08-09-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 258789)
Has anyone made any progress locating the pool yet?

Can everyone visit that place?
Would like to search it but I have Idea where to start. I dont even know in which area around Ajaccio she lives.

On the other hand is it ok to search for that? I mean to protect her privacy.

Ray4AJ 08-09-2017 08:04 PM

I don't think that pool is very close to Ajaccio and I would be very surprised if any of us locate it. I've already given up. :(

I would guess it's a public place though.

kulli 08-09-2017 08:34 PM

are there more photos of that place?

Ray4AJ 08-09-2017 08:37 PM

From Grégoire's IG...

https://instagram.fphl2-3.fna.fbcdn....99504384_n.jpg

Scruffydog777 08-09-2017 10:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 258791)
I don't think that pool is very close to Ajaccio and I would be very surprised if any of us locate it. I've already given up. :(

I would guess it's a public place though.

Not much to go on with this. No distinctive shapes to the mountains or antennas on top of them and that house is no help. The only thing I saw that might give a clue is in the upper left, it looks to me like there might be a church and beyond that another white rising something, maybe a light pole and I guess the gray area is a road. I'm working off the picture posted in this thread so if the original is better, we might be able to tell.

Attachment 1589

Edit:

I did a little research and I saw Jo posted a picture at almost the same time as this one was posted, but from his account. Now that might be meaningless because I have the feeling he probably wasn't with them and he reposts a lot of old pictures too. Still I decided to look off in that direction seeing that you can see the tip of the Blood islands just off to the left of center.

I also looked to see if there are any rivers in this area and there is only one, the Liamone river. I drew a rough line of where it runs. It also splits in another direction at some point but I think it's along this river where the picture was taken.

This time of year, the river would probably be at it's lowest and you add the fact that with the wild fires they've been having that they haven't had much rain so it would be at a low level as indicated in the picture.

Attachment 1590

Attachment 1591

Ray4AJ 08-10-2017 09:52 AM

there are some more images from the location at http://instagram.com/jonsnow_lyonnet

ALS 08-10-2017 11:52 AM

I was thinking it maybe somewhere in the Gorges de la Spelunca a well know local hiking spot.

http://frenchydutchy.com/wp-fotos/Go...nca%20(26).JPG

Scruffydog777 08-10-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 258797)
I was thinking it maybe somewhere in the Gorges de la Spelunca a well know local hiking spot.

http://frenchydutchy.com/wp-fotos/Go...nca%20(26).JPG

I think ALS got us in the ball park!. I did a Google Earth search for the Gorges de Spelunca and from the spot it pointed to ( though the gorge itself runs a long way, I started going along the road in street view. I wanted to make quicker progress so I did a find directions from Ajaccio to the Gorges. Then I looked along that path way. Now in the earlier search I did, I noticed in some areas the road was very narrow with few places to park. So I looked for an area along the road which looked like they had parking and path ways. I found a rather large one and when I first looked along the road way, there is some type of smaller looking as what I've seen so far, temple/shrine type of structure and I think it might be for a cemetary.

Down at the gorge I saw a photo that I clicked on and it looks like a very similar type that was posted here earlier.

Back to the chase.....

Attachment 1592

Attachment 1593

Edit:

More dead ends, when 2 pieces of the puzzle would fit, the third would be way out of place. If this is the area, it seemed like the mountains from Ota to the coast were too rough to fit these mountains pictured. They do smooth out to the east.

I think there's another clue in the picture. I think there are some large power lines going from left to right on the left side of the picture and Ota does have some large power lines there, but still it doesn't seem to fit.

Ray4AJ 08-10-2017 08:03 PM

I think Alizée is facing southeast.

Scruffydog777 08-10-2017 09:48 PM

I thought that too. I saw the shadows being cast by the rocks, but that fact seemed to shoot down the things when I found something promising.

Shepherd 08-10-2017 09:56 PM

I wasn't sure whether we were looking at the back of Alizee or Annily. I used the camera on my iphone as a magnifying glass to enlarge the figure. The camera also lit the image to better see the Tinkerbell tattoo on Alizee's back. All those tattoos do serve a purpose.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/pict...pictureid=2386

Ray4AJ 08-11-2017 06:21 AM

There is another of those articles I'm always talking about today... It's talking about this post and mentions "Au bord de la cascade des anglais, à Vizzavona, non loin d'Ajaccio..." Which is close to the main road from Ajaccio northeast towards Corte at the mountain pass. I have no idea where they got that information from. Maybe it's near there?

kulli 08-11-2017 09:30 AM

Any idea what the red thing in the background is? A towel, a sunshade or just some trash?

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/atta...1&d=1502458009

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/atta...1&d=1502458324

Scruffydog777 08-11-2017 09:59 AM

I blew it up and it looks like a traffic cone laying on it's side.

Attachment 1596

kulli 08-11-2017 10:27 AM

My thought is can you spot this object on google maps/earth
Two problems are , we dont know really what it is and how long has it been lying around there.
The House in the background and the other buildings nearby would help a lot but without a more precise location its useless to search for it anyway.

Scruffydog777 08-11-2017 11:55 AM

Can't beleive I'm spending more time on this than I already have, but I'm off work for a couple of months so why not. I'm going to point out some clues. Some of these are just ideas so please correct me if you think I'm wrong.

1. First of all as Ray had mentioned the shadows. It looks like the shadows being cast are fairly short so this must be fairly close to mid day so I'm thinking the arrow points to North +/- 20 degrees. The most important part of this fact is in most places there's a road on each side of the gorge in Google Earth, so you want to be on the road on the northern side to get this view.

2. The house. Looks likes a 2 story and seems to be more modern style with the large open upper porch which contrasts with many of the older homes in the area, that's if we're in the right area.

Another important part of this house is what I'm sure are 2 power poles. You see two types in this area, the round conventional wood ones which I think the one on the left is because of it's darker color and square cement ones which are white and I'm sure that's what the one on the right is because the sharp change from dark to light from left to right.

I'm also guessing that one on on right is one that carries power up and down this road and I think it's on the far side of the road and the darker pole is on the nearer side and that pole is to bring the wires to the house.

3. The mountain. Many of the mountains I've seen on Google Earth along the gorge are very pointed and jagged. In this area of the picture, they are much more rounded. Of course it could change dramatically just off picture.
The dotted light blue line represents the edge of the mountain and the reason I point this out is I think there's a valley between it and the one behind it, where power lines run and probably a road.

Also the rocky crag or what ever you call it should be a big clue.

4.The vertical bright tower. This looks to have either wires or maybe support cables that run from it to the right. On the house at 2, you can barely see a wire from the pole on the right, so for those wires to stick out as much as the do at 4, I'm thinking they have to be fairly large. . I don't think they are support cables such as for a bridge, because they run too vertical. The wires also don't extend to the left so I think there is a large power line coming in between the two mountains then redirects back in a little lower direction to the town.

5. Directly below 5 is what looks to be a church because there looks like there might be a steeple at the far end, but that could just be another building. But if that power line is bringing power to a small town there, usually the thing that stands out in a town is the church.

MISC:
The magenta line is I'm fairly certain, how the road runs
The dark blue line is the way I think the road runs between the two mountains.
The yellow line I just put there thinking there 'might' be a road going off in that direction.

In looking at this, instead of following the road, maybe I shoul've followed those large power lines?

Attachment 1597

kulli 08-11-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 258808)
Can't beleive I'm spending more time on this than I already have

:)) same here right back from a 2h google earth search.

Scruffydog777 08-11-2017 04:11 PM

It would help if there was a way to lock Google Earth on north. Every time you zoom in or turn a little bit it spins and you lose reference.

Edit:

Kind or ironic but there was a Gala magazine article about Alizee that came out yesterday and they show the same picture. I hoped it might give us a clue, but it doesn't. Maybe they are taunting us!

http://www.gala.fr/l_actu/news_de_st...sa_mere_401568

Ray4AJ 08-11-2017 04:23 PM

ah, but there is a clue there.. I posted here about it here this morning ;)

I didn't link to it because I don't like to send them clicks.

kulli 08-11-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 258814)
ah, but there is a clue there.. I posted here about it here this morning ;)

I didn't link to it because I don't like to send them clicks.

oh, I somehow missed it. Vizzavona that is interesting

Someone on her instagram who moved to Ajaccio wanted know if there are any good places to recommend.
Someone answered: cascades des anglais à Vizzavona and mentioned it is not far away.

Scruffydog777 08-11-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 258803)
There is another of those articles I'm always talking about today... It's talking about this post and mentions "Au bord de la cascade des anglais, à Vizzavona, non loin d'Ajaccio..." Which is close to the main road from Ajaccio northeast towards Corte at the mountain pass. I have no idea where they got that information from. Maybe it's near there?

I just saw your post from this morning and I'm having more and more doubts that it was in the gorge we've been talking about because in the majority of the places in the gorge, the banks rise steeper and higher, but no so in the picture. Off to Vizzavona!

Ray4AJ 08-11-2017 06:27 PM

I can't stop searching. I was almost late to work today because of it.

This version may have better resolution, and also here are the best versions of some others that I could find.

Anyone have an idea which was the water is flowing? I have been thinking it is flowing towards Alizée, but I'm not really certain.

https://instagram.fphl2-3.fna.fbcdn....75824896_n.jpg
https://instagram.fphl2-3.fna.fbcdn....40597760_n.jpg
https://instagram.fphl2-3.fna.fbcdn....06139136_n.jpg

Edit:

I agree about the utility poles Scruffy. Those are the types I have seen in photos through the years. Also about the shallowness of the canyon... It doesn't seem to have tall, steep walls. I think the area is at a rather high elevation with wide valleys. Of course, I have been tricked by photos in the past, trying to relate the image to the actual geography.

Scruffydog777 08-11-2017 06:43 PM

No idea about which way the water is flowing As far as Vizzavona, nothing looks promising until you get up near that area. That area looks very promising and also when you get north of it, but then it starts branching out in different directions, but I don't think they'd have to go that far to find a beautiful place to hang out, unless she might have some connection to an area up there.

I tried flight simulator in Google Earth which showed a lot of promise once I got the kinks worked out, but then GE crashed so it's time to take a break and pound my head against the wall for a while.

Maybe someone can call Alizee and ask her to throw us a bone?

kulli 08-11-2017 07:16 PM

Nope I also cant tell which way the water is flowing
Can we name a River? One is the Vecchio, of course it is not the only one and there are tributaries of all.

Someone on her Instagram wanted to know where the place is. No reply as expected.
Maybe we should ask on gregoirelyonnet FB/Instagram page? He has not so many followers.
Or on their dogs jonsnow_lyonnet page?

On the photo she tagged also a guy called charles_laurent_pomponi.
I guess its the owner of Planet Gym. Maybe it is her personal Trainer, no idea if she has one? or just a friend.
but to ask him I dont know it doesn't feel right for me.

ALS 08-11-2017 11:33 PM

Did a quick Google Earth run around the Island and the only place that looks promising is along the Der Solenzara (river, stream). It's located almost straight across from Ajaccio on the other side of the mountain range and empties along the east coast of the island. Again it was a quick check.

41.49.58.55 N 9.18.43.10 E

Another location is a town up in the mountains Taglio Rosso that looks like a holiday location based on the pictures.

West of Sainte Lucie De Porto-Vecchio on the east coast I think the river is called the Corse.

The road running west out of town and parallel to the river has power lines running along both sides of it.

The elevation between the river and the mountains looks really good at this location. The problem is the river is below you on the right and the mountains are on the left of you. The trees on both sides of the road make it difficult to find the line of sight where the picture could have been taken.

Scruffydog777 08-12-2017 07:15 AM

As far as Taglio Rosso and the river if that's what it is that runs to Saint Lucie De Porto-Vecchio, I think that would be too far a distant to go when there are similar things much closer. It's 3 hours driving time according to G E, plus you first have to drive north, past the Vizzavona area then turn due east, then straight down the coast.

I did fly that route anyways and as Ray mentioned where looking at a wider valley than we saw in the gorge, but this looks too wide and most of the homes are on the floor of the valley. I think it's safe to rule this one out.

I haven't checked out ALS other suggestion yet.

EDIT:
Just checked out the Der Solenzara (river, stream). Starting at the cost flying inland, the river is much wider than what we see in the picture and once you get inland to the point where it narrows, there's hardly any buildings.

ALS 08-12-2017 01:17 PM

Two things to remember altitude and geography of the Island.
This should help us find her spot.

http://www.mappery.com/maps/Corsica-River-Map.gif

http://www.freeworldmaps.net/europe/...orsica-map.jpg

Scruffydog777 08-12-2017 05:53 PM

Bingo....I think I have bingo!

I was thinking about the gorge we looked at up north of Ajaccio. I looked to see how someone can get there. You can't go up along the coast. The only quick way is to go back through the heart of Ajaccio and head north. So I started right from there and right away, just north of Ajaccio, found a similar type of steam, so I started following that and I think it was just pure dumb luck I found it, but the first thing I noticed that struck a note was the shape of that one mountain.

One picture shows 2 houses. I think from her vantage point maybe Alizee could only see one. The red line represents power lines. I had said they seemed to come from right to left, then end at a pole then go back towards a lower position to the right. But at that pole on the left, they turn and come straight down but are harder to see because of the trees. The red line represents the power lines.

I think this is it. There's a go cart track not far away either. This is only about 8 miles from downtown Ajaccio. The nearest town looks to be Cavone.

I'm gonna try and see if I can match up rocks in the stream with the picture but right now, I need a break!

Attachment 1598

Attachment 1599

Attachment 1600

Attachment 1601

Edit:

The fiinal damming piece of evidence.......the dreaded traffic cone!
I present you exhibit TC.

By the way, those gray arrows mean nothing. Once I closed the flight simulator, they stayed.

Attachment 1602

Ray4AJ 08-12-2017 06:20 PM

Another success!

kulli 08-12-2017 07:25 PM

I compared all the photos with each other.
The house and and the environment of it (only the power poles look different to me) but the Streetview photos were from 2008.
then the mountain chain in the background, the stones in the river... ( You cant see sandbanks on the google earth photos?, but i guess the river washed it away and piles the sand up again depending on the wetter, I dont know)

However, It looks all extremely similar and it fits together!

Ray4AJ 08-12-2017 09:50 PM

I've had time to verify this, and I agree this is the spot.

Scruffy, I seem to be thinking you have video from that railroad. Or perhaps I saw it somewhere else. :13:

Scruffydog777 08-12-2017 10:03 PM

I've never been very good at this in the past, trying to figure out where exactly it was a picture Alizee has posted in the past. We've had a fairly smaller area to work in such as greater Ajaccio. But with this puzzle, we had such a larger an area to search in. It was sheer luck I found it. There are so many things that can throw you off, such as the time of day, the vantage point of one place compared to another, but it was a fair cop!

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 258830)

Scruffy, I seem to be thinking you have video from that railroad. Or perhaps I saw it somewhere else. :13:

Interesting point I never thought of. I'll have to look at my travels tomorrow and if it's connected, I will tell a humorous story about it in the days to come which I believe I told before.

Rev 08-13-2017 02:33 AM

Scruffy, you nailed the cliff and the house. Very, very good. I had tried looking near there but without luck. :)

I think the actual pool may be another 100 yards upstream.
She is sitting at 42.0089° 8.885238°

kulli 08-13-2017 05:34 AM

Well done Scruffy. That was fun.

At the beginning I searched around A Cupulatta animal park for a while because it pops up on the map. Is is only 2.5 miles from the spot away.

When someone from us visits Ajaccio you have to take a photo from this place.

Scruffydog777 08-13-2017 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 258830)

Here's the first few pictures as I left Ajaccio headed north.This was on the opposite side of the stream which would've been facing Alizee. After these pictures, the train branched off to the right away from the stream. One of the pictures has what almost looks like a road crossing the stream but it's just a reflection from the seat. I'll have to look later on to see if I can locate these. On the way back, I stopped taking pictures at a place about 5 miles north of here. I must've tired out.

Un-rêve 08-13-2017 11:06 AM

^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 258817)
I can't stop searching. I was almost late to work today because of it.

This version may have better resolution, and also here are the best versions of some others that I could find.

Anyone have an idea which way the water is flowing? I have been thinking it is flowing towards Alizée, but I'm not really certain.

https://instagram.fphl2-3.fna.fbcdn....75824896_n.jpg
https://instagram.fphl2-3.fna.fbcdn....40597760_n.jpg
https://instagram.fphl2-3.fna.fbcdn....06139136_n.jpg

Edit:

I agree about the utility poles Scruffy. Those are the types I have seen in photos through the years. Also about the shallowness of the canyon... It doesn't seem to have tall, steep walls. I think the area is at a rather high elevation with wide valleys. Of course, I have been tricked by photos in the past, trying to relate the image to the actual geography.

^^

Thanks everyone, once again I am stumped for words so I will just leave you with this song... I do believe the water is flowing towards Alizée. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1-QLr6aBaw

Scruffydog777 08-13-2017 11:45 AM

Thanks to Ray's suggestion, I went back and checked my vacation pictures and sure enough, I did take one in this area. This was headed north. If I was going by on the day she was there, I would've been staring her straight in the face. Once again i miss her just by a few scant years! Actually it was just last year but does seem like years ago to me.

Attachment 1611

Attachment 1612

Attachment 1613

Ray4AJ 08-13-2017 02:16 PM

The flow must get pretty intense there sometimes. In these two views from different sources it looks like some of the boulders get moved around.

http://i.imgur.com/6DntFpU.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/uCIdCRA.jpg