Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée America Podcast (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AAP 014: Pourquoi Alizée? Round Table (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4677)

brad 04-23-2009 05:12 PM

AAP 014: Pourquoi Alizée? Round Table

Thanks to Ruroshen and company for the next addition to our podcast feed!

Don't forget to subscribe on itunes

Alizee Mid-West 04-23-2009 05:18 PM

Pourquoi se demander pourquoi?

Ruroshen 04-23-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alizee Mid-West (Post 128438)
Pourquoi se demander pourquoi?

Heh!

Sorry for the sound quality on this one, guys. Vent and Audacity have not been kind to me--I couldn't strip out any of the background noise for Roman or Shoepick at all in any way that left them sounding human...and even I sound a little weird. Roman and I are experimenting with a new way of transferring the files over, so hopefully the audio in the next one will sound better.

Show Notes - Lilly Town Public Radio: "Pourqoui Alizée?"
  • • This week's panel: Ruroshen, Roman, Shoepick, Chommpers
  • • In the chatroom, but without mics: Barrett the Marauder, Jung159, JimmyDean23, jep, Srbski-Kralj (who did eventually join on-mic later, about four tangents after the end of the episode)
  • • Why we're all crazy about a singer half a world away, who sings in a language that 90% of us don't understand.
  • • Shoepick narrowly avoids being hazed as "the new guy"
  • • Roman introduces this episode's (unintentionally) recurring theme: Is Alizée the France Gall of the new millennium?
  • • France's hit song 'Poupée de cire, poupée de son' is here.
  • • Number of times Ruro uses the word "genuineness" in reference to Alizée: 3
  • • Shoepick introduces the World of Warcraft connection. Roman tricks Ruro into explaining it, then proceeds to mock him off the mic in the chatroom throughout. ;)
  • • The original "WoW Dances" YouTube clip is here (but sadly lacking any audio), which takes excerpts from this "extra-sexy" performance of JEAM. You can find an updated version of the WoW Dances vid here. The "Alizée Sexy Fish Dance" video we mention is this one here.
  • • Ruro nearly blows the PG rating with his explanation of why male WoW gamers play female characters
  • • Lili's original performance of 'La Isla Bonita', which Jung and Barrett prefer to JEAM (blasphemy!) can be found here.
  • • Lili's tribute to France Gall, 'Ella, Elle La' (the video which hooked Ruro forever) is here. (Bonus: you can watch France's original version of the song here.) The JEAM performance from the same broadcast is this one right here.
  • • Lili's cover of 'Il Jouait Du Piano Debout', another France Gall song (with subtitles!) is here. (France's disco-riffic version is here.)
  • • Ruro briefly shares his tale of braving near-certain death to obtain a copy of Psychédélices on the wrong side of the tracks
  • • We tangent off into a discussion of how important an understanding of French is to an appreciation of Alizée and her music, for which Chommpers eventually joins us
  • • Roman gives a brief review of the Rosetta Stone language-learning software.
  • • We tangent off even further into a discussion of just how difficult learning a second language is, and how local idioms don't always translate. The site Ruro references which compares French idioms to their English counterparts is here.
  • • We close out on Chommpers bringing things back around full circle.

Thanks again to brad for hosting these, Jung for hosting the Vent server, and everybody who comes out in support of these, whether you're on the mics or not.

Srbski-kralj 04-23-2009 08:16 PM

Was this the one we did last week or previous. Eather or it was good.

brad 04-23-2009 08:39 PM

have you guys tried skype yet? i think you will get the best results with it. you should give it a try. also, using a usb headset mic will make it easier to get good sound quality. you can find them cheap too.

just found this for recording skype, it has some good reviews:

http://www.skyperec.com/index.htm

http://roostersrail.wordpress.com/20...kype-recorder/

Srbski-kralj 04-23-2009 08:49 PM

Yeah that is what im using the usb headset, bought 1 for 20 buck, works great

IncliningPizza 04-23-2009 09:58 PM

Thanks so much Ruroshen...

I love these podcasts... and I'm very content that you've decided to make this a semi-regular thing. This was a great listen. Great job to Shoepick, Roman, and Ruroshen.

Can't wait for the next one! Oh and Ruroshen, feel free to edit out any of the stupid stuff either where I ramble on or I simply don't make any sense. It's perfectly cool. I just don't want to sound like an idiot to the international friends which I'm pretty sure I sounded like to you guys a couple of times whether that was last Sunday, or the one before. But damn that was a lot of fun. Just don't add out the Divinyls thing. Your laugh was PRICELESS, Ruroshen.

Everybody have a good weekend, and I can't wait until the Gourmandises Thunderdome. Should be fun! ;)

lefty12357 04-23-2009 10:03 PM

Great job on the podcast guys. If I wasn't so busy lately, this would have been one podcast that I would have liked to have participated in.

In regards to the discussion about how you first discovered Alizée; I must be the only person here who can say that the first time I saw Alizée was on American TV in prime time. It was an excerpt from her Parler Tout Bas video back when it first came out. I've mentioned this before elsewhere on this forum, but I have yet to run into someone who also saw the same show.

Shoepick 04-23-2009 10:19 PM

Wow, very nice, I like it,

haha, love the beep on the mangina charachter

Youpidou1 04-23-2009 11:24 PM

Lol soon enough there is going to be a waiting list to get on these podcasts haha.