Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Fan Art (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Idéaliser : I'mRawdg Version (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4133)

ImRawdg 08-16-2008 02:18 AM

Idéaliser : I'mRawdg Version

I remember the "joy" of recording my first two songs, back in June, right while the concerts were going on. I recently looked back on that and really missed how great those times were, even if I wasn't able to be there. Early this week, after listening to Santana's "Europa" and Genesis's "Firth of Fifth" I got my influence to create this version of Idéaliser. I actually spent some time on this one, started on Sunday I believe. Although I probably only spent about 2 hours a day or less on it.

I am really satisfied, though. I have improved my recording quality, even though the drums still sound awful in my opinion. The song begins and ends very similar to the original, but I put in a slightly faster bridge part. And, true to my habit of creating long songs without meaning to, it is 7 minutes and 57 seconds. Once again, I beg you, do not fall asleep!!

And once again, I wish Operation Lilly Town New York the best of luck!

Here's the link:
Idéaliser (I'mRawdg Version)

Also, while I was making this, I thought, gee, maybe no one is interested in Idealiser, they would probably rather hear a more well known song, so I wanted to ask if anyone is interested in me doing another song eventually, and I would like if everyone could agree on one for me to do.

TheBarrett 08-16-2008 02:43 AM

Personally I want it longer.
But that's because i'm used to Opeth.

But I love the works and i'd love to see what horizons you can extend her songs to.

Ben 08-16-2008 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImRawdg (Post 112064)
And once again, I wish Operation Lilly Town New York the best of luck!

Thanks ImRawdg. Idéaliser isn't my favorite song on the album, but as always I really like what you've done with it. Keep up the good work!

lefty12357 08-16-2008 11:28 AM

Good job, ImRawdg! Idéaliser is one of my favorite songs on Psychédélices. Thanks for sharing.

Tomtentp 08-16-2008 02:43 PM

Great job indeed, you give the song a whole new athmosphare.

Im starting to believe this song might even be able to "metalize". Change to flute for a guitar and add some prog drums.

And don't forget the growl! (kidding)

Roman 08-19-2008 01:06 PM

Ok, so now I listened to your songs and they are great. I like this Idéaliser version. A clip would be good for my mobile phone. I need to figure out how to get it on there. Thanks for creating these.

mavsluver41 08-20-2008 06:21 PM

Wow, finally got a chance to listen to this and I applaud your work. The recording quality sounds wonderful, percussion and all. There's just one minor thing I think you can improve, and that is the part at the end of the chorus (when she says "Un dernier baiser"). Maybe its just me, but those five notes seemed a lot more dramatic in the original version. But a seriously kickass job on the song and here's to many more I'mRawdg versions in the future.

MonteCristo 08-20-2008 06:40 PM

I fell into a burning ring of fire

I love you ImRawdg:)

Idéaliser 08-20-2008 07:52 PM

Hehe I love this xD Especially sense Idéaliser is my favorite song from her new album (might be a little obvious lol) good work man :P

TheBarrett 08-20-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idéaliser (Post 112460)
Hehe I love this xD Especially sense Idéaliser is my favorite song from her new album (might be a little obvious lol) good work man :P

Totally not obvious I didn't get the joke one bit.