Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   General Podcast Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3677)

brad 04-18-2008 02:16 AM

General Podcast Discussion

Post your suggestions, ideas, or general comments about the podcast here. I made this thread because we need to keep the 'podcast forum' strictly for shows since it is what controls the feed.

I have added a special page for the podcast homepage:

http://moi-alizee.us/podcast
or
http://alizeeamerica.com/podcast (might be easier to say during the show?)

lethalsilicong5 04-18-2008 02:42 AM

i truly appreciate it that you will be putting up a subscription for zunes :D

Ben 04-18-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad (Post 99054)
I have added a special page for the podcast homepage:

or
http://alizeeamerica.com/podcast (might be easier to say during the show?)

Hey nice, though I'm not sure it's fair to say we've "teamed up". This is Ciara's show, I'm just helping. And I imagine others will contribute later too?

brad 04-18-2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 99059)
Hey nice, though I'm not sure it's fair to say we've "teamed up". This is Ciara's show, I'm just helping. And I imagine others will be contributing too?

yeah true, i can edit the text. but the news man should get a lil plug too ..

i wrote that kinda fast, and it is almost 2AM here :eek:

lethalsilicong5 04-18-2008 03:30 AM

i listen to podcasts every week because it takes me about 45 minutes to get to work, but here are some general segments in their podcasts...
-latest news
-topic of the week
-reader mail
-what they have been doing recently in concurrence with the topic of the podcast (alizee for us)

those are very vague and i understand that it is hard to do these podcast ideas since none of us can really be in the same room with ciara, but it's really looking forward into the future of the podcast. who knows? but honestly ciara does an amazing job doing the podcast alone :D (alone as in being the only person in the room and still being funny)

brad 04-18-2008 09:21 AM

I have the feeds setup with iTunes, Miro, and Zune Marketplace. You can subscribe / check them out at

iTunes says it will not be searchable there for about 48 hours. But you can get there with a direct link.

ciarac77 04-18-2008 06:46 PM

That is awesome, Brad! I love the special page :) Nice work.

rcs 04-18-2008 10:39 PM

Hey guys. I missed a couple days here, so I'm not with the Podcast schedule as of yet. Sounds fun. Can we post the times on the calendar, or have some type of countdown timer showing the next live podcast? I know we're just starting out, but I can see this really blossoming into something special. The ideas are flowing...:D

brad 04-18-2008 11:05 PM

yeah it would be good to have a day of the week that the podcast will be posted on. episode 002 was posted on a thursday, but whatever fits Ciara's schedule the best.

rcs 04-18-2008 11:41 PM

Oh yeah yeah. You're right, Ciara is polished like a true pro. Brad, you got a good thing going on here. This is huge.

ciarac77 04-19-2008 12:50 AM

It doesn't really matter to me, but later in the week is probably best. Every other Thursday is fine with me.

forgot_86 04-19-2008 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciarac77 (Post 99169)
It doesn't really matter to me, but later in the week is probably best. Every other Thursday is fine with me.

Awesome! Ok, I'm gonna reschedule my time table on Thursday;)

nurvonic 04-19-2008 12:46 PM

ok so it sounds like the next one will be on Thursday May 1st. happy waiting :D

outlaw 04-29-2008 02:03 PM

sounds really great the who podcast and all. i was listening to music right as i turned it on and it was like listening to a radio station. how bout that huh? hek u guys are topnotch! dont stop keep us entertained! hehe

ciarac77 05-12-2008 05:46 PM

Hey everyone. I'm hoping to include a "listener mail"-type segment this week, so if you have any questions about ANY thing, please send me a private message and I'll read and answer them on the next podcast. Think of it as sort of a late night tv show kinda thing, à la Letterman or Craig Ferguson. They can be serious or totally off the wall, about me or Alizée, you name it. Sorry this is short notice, but try to have something in before Thursday if you want to submit. Thanks and have fun!

ciarac77 05-14-2008 02:41 AM

^^^^Look Up There^^^^

I just wanted to bump this so you guys see the above message if you haven't yet.

ciarac77 06-24-2008 01:10 AM

Bonjour tout le monde! We're going to introduce a new segment to the podcast and we need your help!

Do you have anything special you'd like to tell Alizée? Would you like to congratulate her on her recent concerts or just tell her you're her biggest fan? Would you like these messages to be featured on a future episode of the Alizée America Podcast for all to hear (and maybe even Alizée herself)?!

Well, now's your chance through the Alizée America Podcast Voicemail. There are two options to leave a voicemail message:

You can call (424) 704-5060 from your phone

or

If you have a Skype account, just search for and contact alizeeamerica and leave a message that way (no long distance)

Please keep messages brief. Say whatever you want for this next podcast (#7) but make sure to include your name and where you're from. In the future, I may ask questions or request certain types of messages. Deadline for messages is Thursday June 26th at Noon.

ciarac77 06-24-2008 12:54 PM

Bump....see above ^^^^^

atra201 06-24-2008 01:25 PM

great job you doin there ciara.

ciarac77 06-25-2008 01:34 AM

Hey guys. New segment. Leave a voicemail. See above.

nurvonic 06-25-2008 04:43 PM

great idea :)

to lessin down all the thread bumping and so this thread wont be buried, ill sticky it for you. this is the "general" discussion for podcasts after all =D

ciarac77 06-25-2008 04:45 PM

Why, thank you! I didn't want to have to make a new thread every time I had an announcement, though, so I thought this was as good a place as any :)

tbailey 06-26-2008 12:50 AM

i would do it but like the rest of the population

i don't like the sound of my voice on voicemail

that's not to say, though, that i have a bad voice or anything :D

ciarac77 06-26-2008 12:55 AM

Well, gee, thanks for posting your disinterest. It's a lame excuse, but thanks all the same.

tbailey 06-26-2008 12:59 AM

no i'm very interested - just unwilling

lame excuse! iybho (in your bad humble opinion)

ciarac77 06-26-2008 01:57 AM

Well, whatever you are, doesn't really help the situation now does it? Which is fine, though, because I didn't want you to call in anyway.

brad 06-26-2008 09:54 AM

I added the contact info to the podcast page:

http://moi-alizee.us/podcast/

tbailey 06-26-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciarac77 (Post 107738)
Well, whatever you are, doesn't really help the situation now does it? Which is fine, though, because I didn't want you to call in anyway.

oh please :p

yeah right

espire 06-26-2008 11:38 PM

I'd leave a message if I had something useful to say.

Actually, come to think of it, I could leave a message on behalf of someone else. If you want to leave a message, but are embarrassed by your voice, just send me a PM and I'll do it for you!

ciarac77 06-27-2008 12:34 AM

Looks awesome, Brad!

In case anybody has the nerve to do it, the deadline for leaving a voicemail is extended to noon on Friday. Like espire brought up, if you don't like your voice have someone else do it. Besides, we won't make fun of how you sound, just what you have to say ;)

TheBarrett 06-27-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espire (Post 107800)
I'd leave a message if I had something useful to say.

Actually, come to think of it, I could leave a message on behalf of someone else. If you want to leave a message, but are embarrassed by your voice, just send me a PM and I'll do it for you!

If you could just say what I would say, in a really thick Eric Idle accent, then definitely. :p

Ben 07-08-2008 09:51 PM

Hey guys, so you might have noticed that we just split the Alizée forum section into two boards: news and discussion. It was getting hard to keep track of things, don't you think?!

We'd like to implement more changes to spruce up the place, but in order for that to happen we need feedback from all of you. What changes would you make to the forum? What new features would you like to see?

Please call in to the Podcast and let us know! Thanks!

brad 07-08-2008 10:08 PM

i just moved this thread to the alizée discussion forum, so it will show up in the latest posts on the front page.

(and definitely send in your suggestions!)

ciarac77 07-11-2008 12:53 PM

If you have any suggestions about the site for the admins, you still have time to leave a voicemail before this week's podcast.

Amigo! 07-11-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciarac77 (Post 109082)
If you have any suggestions about the site for the admins, you still have time to leave a voicemail before this week's podcast.

How many people have called in? :cool:

neoteny 07-15-2008 01:26 PM

you know.... me and my brother did a "podcast" thing just the other day. it was crazy. and it all started like this. so im at home minding my own business and he calls me and wants to hang out. i come over and he introduces me to ciarac77's idea of making some pod cast of alizee or things offtopic. im sorry was it brad's idea to start a pod cast. je ne sais pas. ANYWAY me and my brother did one. but unfortunetly he didnt want to reveal it to the world of Alizee because he thought we were being too goofy. so why dont you guys try to convince him to post it so ciarac77 can have a listen. toast.

i fixed it

nurvonic 07-28-2008 07:34 PM

I'm guessing you all are wondering what the hell happened to last week's podcast? I spoke to Ciara recently, and she would not like to apologize for having a life, and for missing the podcast last week. However, she is working vigorously (and when i say "vigorously", she's just haphazardly working on it when she's not drinking or working) on the podcast to try to get it up by the end of this week.

also, call up the damn AlizeeAmerica voicemail !! here's the info she provided:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciarac77 (Post 107559)
Bonjour tout le monde! We're going to introduce a new segment to the podcast and we need your help!

Do you have anything special you'd like to tell Alizée? Would you like to congratulate her on her recent concerts or just tell her you're her biggest fan? Would you like these messages to be featured on a future episode of the Alizée America Podcast for all to hear (and maybe even Alizée herself)?!

Well, now's your chance through the Alizée America Podcast Voicemail. There are two options to leave a voicemail message:

You can call (424) 704-5060 from your phone

or

If you have a Skype account, just search for and contact alizeeamerica and leave a message that way (no long distance)

Please keep messages brief. Say whatever you want for this next podcast but make sure to include your name and where you're from. In the future, I may ask questions or request certain types of messages.

I encourage anybody with any kind of sack to call that number up and leave a message, you can say anything to Alizee! come on! she could be listening!!

however, absolutely no singing this time....

outlaw 07-28-2008 07:55 PM

um...

we will u be serving hot dogs? lol oh and keep up the cool work

Sir Wood 08-29-2008 07:50 PM

Brad, what's the latest on the number of subscribers?

Fall 01-16-2010 12:30 AM

Wow this thing has been left untouched for years. We haven't had a podcast in a while, we should do one before or after the new album