Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gas Prices (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3931)

Rev 06-20-2008 09:00 PM

Gas Prices

With the increase in oil prices being recent topic of discussion, I was wondering how the impact was being felt in other countries.

At $4.20 a US gallon (in eastern PA), we are haveing to look seriously at how we use gas & oil. This is new for us. However, in some other parts of the world these prices look like a bargain.

So, I have 2 questions:
What is the current price of gasoline in your country (after all taxes)?
Has the recent upsurge in prices caused you to change your habits in any way?

Please, please stay away from the politics of the situation (or the topic will likely be closed), I'm just curious about how this effects you.

Note: In rough numbers, 1 US gallon contains 4 quarts. One Liter is roughly 5% more than one quart (1.05 quarts). So, one US gallon is roughly 3.8 liters.

To get a currency conversion, see: http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

brad 06-20-2008 09:07 PM

it is around $4.07 per gallon here (WV), and it hasn't changed my habits at all.

nurvonic 06-20-2008 09:19 PM

i drive an impala and gas prices are at 4.04 at the moment, or at least the last time i checked. i let my gas tank go to empty the other day so i decided to go ahead and fill it up, which i usually dont do. 55 goddamn dollars. sheesh, i remember when a 20 dollar bill would fill up my gas tank.

lefty12357 06-20-2008 09:20 PM

It's $3.92 per gallon here in Minnesota. Most of the driving I do is necessary, so there's not much I can change.

Rev 06-20-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad (Post 107128)
it is around $4.07 per gallon here (WV), and it hasn't changed my habits at all.

Mine haven't changed a lot yet, but I am thinking twice before hopping in the car.

Do you have a long drive to work?

Note: For driving, a lot of people do not figure in the "fixed" costs of owning a car, so the jump in gas prices seems like a shock. However, when fixed costs are added in, the jump is much less. As an example, let's say it costs $25,000 for a car (cost, maintenance, insurance, etc.) and you drive it 100,000 miles, that is $0.25 per mile right there, before you add the cost of gas.

Fish 06-20-2008 09:22 PM

Hovering a little above or below 3.75 a gallon in SC. I do a fair amount of driving, unfortunately, for work and for entertainment, but friends and I try not to take as many cars as people to varied places.

TheBarrett 06-20-2008 09:24 PM

Petrol England can rip, but i've got a decent job, and with the proceeds i'm getting from the Jung and Barrett's fashion ideas, I shouldn't be worrying.

Maybe the environment is the problem, must save the world!

Rev 06-20-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBarrett (Post 107134)
Petrol England can rip, but i've got a decent job, and with the proceeds i'm getting from the Jung and Barrett's fashion ideas, I shouldn't be worrying.

Maybe the environment is the problem, must save the world!

You commented in the other thread that petrol was around $17.80 a gallon (you said 9 pounds) in London. For me, that would be $ 0.80 per mile just for gas cost!

TheBarrett 06-20-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 107135)
You commented in the other thread that petrol was around $17.80 a gallon (you said 9 pounds) in London. For me, that would be $ 0.80 per mile just for gas cost!

Relax, i was merely joking, lol.
It's more like 5£ really, it's the highest i've seen.

Rev 06-20-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBarrett (Post 107136)
Relax, i was merely joking, lol.
It's more like 5£ really, it's the highest i've seen.

Much better. I was wondering how it could have jumped that much since I was last in England. Still, to us, that would be around $9.85 a gallon.