Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Zoooommmmmgggggg (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3300)

Yaceman 01-24-2008 02:03 AM

Zoooommmmmgggggg

Its alot to read. But it might be interesting...:D

I just signed up as a member for this website. I dont know what the site is about but i have to admit something. Until last month I didnt know Alizee existed, and its mindblowing to me how much of an impact she has on people. You could say that as a US citizen we dont really get out much.

When i saw Alizee for the first time on Youtube (by accident) there was a multistep process that happened to me. For the first few days it was shocking, this understatedly beautiful girl performing amazing songs and in a different language...French??? I didnt care, i had to watch. I stayed up the first night for about 4 hours just watching video clips of her. Then it turned into me Downloading all her albums, rushing out to buy a new MP3 player just to put her full album on it, and then listening to all of her songs nonstop for about 2 weeks. I took her everywhere with me; it still puzzles me how someone that you dont know and cant understand can captivate a person so much. I would let my friends listen to her songs, even though i knew nothing about them or which were her singles. At first it was her looks that i fell in love with, but something about her voice got to me. I couldnt get away from that sweet blissful tone of Alizee. Needless to say, I orderd all her special edition albums and En concert Disks from Ebay. I did research on her, learned that her latest album came out a few days ago, looked up where she was born, that she had a child, all this stuff about an extrodinary woman.

Today i watched her En concert for the first time. By now ive learned the lyrics a little and picked up on some French words. The way the people lean towards her, and how she reacts to them is something that doesnt come along with every artist. She connects on a different level, i dont know what it is but im sure that what it is, is special.

Anyway, one thing that Alizee brought me to see is how similar and at the same time the human spirit is. The seas that separate us from her are physical, but the language barrier is not. It got me thinking about how as Americans, we steriotype the french, and other peoples of the world. Its amazing to talk to some people here, I ask them what they think about France... and they respond that they're a rude country. But the thing is how can u judge like that when you dont know. Dont get me wrong, im sure Paris as huge as it is, does get some angry people, but what big city doesnt? The language barrier keeps America and the UK separte from France. I can say ive never heard a french song... the only French people ive ever known are dead (Nepoleon and Shakespeare). I watched the history channel a few months ago about how the dutch won the country using the new Fransica throwing axe, but thats all i knew about the country.
Noticing how conceeded both countries really are, it makes me sad. I think that France is very similar to our country in the way that we dont really feel we need to go out and experiance anyplace except the small city we all live in and the few people that we know that speak the same language. Everyonce in a few, you'll meet someone whos interesting, whos traveled and learned from something besides a one sided view of their country. In this makes me the most upset, that our country, as supreme as it is, keeps its citizens at bay. Ok, you might ask 'they cant just send people overseas on a field trip'. Its about Educating people, not boxing them in. Language lessons, history, cooking... Because Alizee has opened up a new door for me, i dont know if she'll ever understand how greatful I really am. Nothing can describe how sheltered my life would have been, and i would never had known. Now i want to take so many foreign languages its nto funny.
Someday i Hope to explore France, and with it the rest of the world. Well, thats should do for my introduction to this forum...

Take care.

Fish 01-24-2008 02:08 AM

Welcome to the site, yace. Always good to see a new fan!

I see a lot of my own thoughts in your post.

Edcognito 01-24-2008 02:12 AM

Man! - you have NO idea how true a nerve you have touched here! We all have similar experiences/feelings that we have gone/are going through! There are other threads where many of us write the same expressions you have here!

You are welcome here! You will find, very quickly just how much this woman/artist/"entertainer" can change people!

WELCOME!

I'll post you a linky (when i wake in the morning) to a very similar thread I did. A few of the others should do the same - you will laugh when you see us saying the same things you've said!

Again,

WELCOME!

Ed:cool:

Tical 808 01-24-2008 02:20 AM

Your the man. All that was so true and deep. It's kinda sad that our countries are like this, even my friends who have never been off this island say France is rude before they've even experienced the place.

OGRE 01-24-2008 02:28 AM

Welcome Yaceman. Amazing isn't it. Your thoughts and feelings are shared by many. Enjoy.

Crustasian 01-24-2008 07:47 AM

welcome, im sure most of us went through exactly the same process.

im sorry if i seem nitpicky, but i just have to say; shakespeare is english and the UK gets along very well with the french, being so close and all. but other than that u were rite about everything, how people like to stereotype others they don't even know.

Bill Seals 01-24-2008 07:51 AM

HAHA! Lilly Addict! We've all been there, and still are!

ALS 01-24-2008 08:35 AM

Been There, Done That, and "WE ALL" Have The Tee Shirts To Prove It. :D

Welcome to the board.:cool:

Youpidou1 01-24-2008 09:48 AM

Welcome Yaceman your going to like it here if all that happened to you as much of it happened to us.

Fusoya 01-24-2008 10:01 AM

Welcome to the forum, Yaceman.
And I was like that at first as well... I stayed up the whole night watching different videoes :S
And eventually when I had watched everything and heard both of the two first albums!
I thought I was going crazy!
I needed more! So I found this forum and registered, and here I've made a lot of friends and I've now bought all three albums including the psychédélices vinyl :)
I hope you'll stay here with us on AAM!

btw. Thanks for the read!