Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My dog died today ... (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4074)

brad 07-28-2008 09:39 PM

My dog died today ...

Sad thing losing your dog, he died in my arms. His name was Logan, I have had him since I started college. When I was burying him I couldn't quit thinking about the fact that I have never been on my own without him. I have had him ever since I moved out of my parents house when I started college.

He was a HUGE dog, and I have always lived in small apartments and most recently a small townhouse. I just bought this new house with a big back yard for him, and he dies days after we move in.

TheBarrett 07-28-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad (Post 110670)
Sad thing losing your dog, he died in my arms. His name was Logan, I have had him since I started college. When I was burying him I couldn't quit thinking about the fact that I have never been on my own without him. I have had him ever since I moved out of my parents house when I started college.

He was a HUGE dog, and I have always lived in small apartments and most recently a small townhouse. I just bought this new house with a big back yard for him, and he dies days after we move in.

Well my best wishes towards you sir.
It is a sad and an unfortunate thing to lose a companion, through the ups and the downs of life, I wish you the best.

lefty12357 07-28-2008 09:53 PM

I'm sad to hear about your dog, Brad. As one who has grown up with dogs and cats, I truly know how you feel. They really do become true friends and part of the family and it's hard to see them go.

Ruroshen 07-28-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Oh Brad, that's awful. I'm so sorry. My family's golden retriever has been with us for 12 years, and he's starting to show the signs of becoming a grumpy old man. I'm going to be an absolute wreck when his time comes--I'm choking up now just thinking about it.

Hang in there, man. We're here for you.

ggin 07-28-2008 10:02 PM

Sorry to hear about your dog, Brad.

Dogs are friends you never will forget. I still remember mine from when I was 8 years old. I can't remember some of my friends from school but I'll never forget that dog.

I'm not sure that'll make you feel any better. Just an observation I guess...
I hope you will feel better soon.

NarutoSoul 07-28-2008 10:07 PM

Oh, dude. That really sucks... I am SO sorry. :( My dog is getting old, sleeping all the time... So thoughts of such things are always on my mind. *hug*

Toc De Mac 07-28-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Losing any loved one, whether it be human or beast, is truly a terrible thing. I can remember my family's old cat dying in my father's arms. It was truly a heartbreaking moment.

I wish you the best, brad. Death is simply another stage of life. Be thankful for all of the wonderful memories the two of you have experienced together; memories persist through death, although the physical body may not.

Sir Wood 07-28-2008 10:19 PM

Oh man, I'm terribly sorry to hear that Brad. I can certain empathize with you. I remember you showing us Sam and Logan.

As you know we had lost our poodle, Chrissy, 2-years and 1-month ago. It wasn't until after the beginning of this year that my parents decided to get another poodle pup. I still miss Chrissy. She was unique in her own way as I'm sure Logan is for you. I'll always have the good times I shared with her in my heart, and I've even memorialized her when Yahoo! had that Time Capsule project. Anyway, I'm happy that my parents did eventually get another dog. Studies have shown that people with pets are healthier and happier. I know this new dog, Alvin, is doing them a world of good, and I enjoy going to their house every Sunday for brunch and playing with the little pup.

Once again, I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes to you and your family. Take care!

espire 07-28-2008 10:21 PM

Brad, I don't know what to say. I've gone through the deaths of many dogs. Even though none of them were mine, I was still close with all of them, and it was a tragic time for everybody involved. I'm really sorry for your loss, believe that I know how you feel...

Future Raptor Ace 07-28-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

awww im sorry bro, try to remember all the good times you had with him! That will help and usually make you smile. Take it easy brad have a good night!